Injury while on X-Gel

Lagartizscha

Awards
This week started taking 4 x-gels on pre workout
yesterday was shoulders day and instead of 4 XG i took 6
when i was doing dumbbell military press, had a horrible pain behind my neck
Today couldn't workout the pain was still there

My question: should i stop taking X gels and get some NSAIDs? or can i continue taking X gel while doing such medication?
I'm also taking Orange Triad.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Stop ArA, heal and use NSAIDs, restart ArA when healed

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I agree with the above as well. Doesn't sound like you've taken too much anyways, so most of your run will still be there for you when you're healed.

Lagartizscha

Awards
I agree with the above as well. Doesn't sound like you've taken too much anyways, so most of your run will still be there for you when you're healed.
Also think that.
Maybe the reason was not enough warm-up.
Already taking NSAID's with Orange Triad.
Thanks

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Save the x-gels for when your better. Sorry to hear that mate. I would treat it with shoulder stabilization exercises now and forever. Aside from warm up, I like to do one arm rows (or any rows) before doing any shoulder or chest work. This has kept me in the game....

Lagartizscha

Awards
Save the x-gels for when your better. Sorry to hear that mate. I would treat it with shoulder stabilization exercises now and forever. Aside from warm up, I like to do one arm rows (or any rows) before doing any shoulder or chest work. This has kept me in the game....
Thats a nice advise, will follow that. Tks mate

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you pinched a nerve IMO.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Could be a pulled muscle as well.
I'm guessing this.

OP, better describe the injury. Something simple like a small pull and you could be back at it by the end of the week working out.

Lagartizscha

Awards
I'm guessing this.

OP, better describe the injury. Something simple like a small pull and you could be back at it by the end of the week working out.
Feeling better now, tomorrow's shoulder day again...yah i'll easy on that.
Tks guys!

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Definitely want to limit inflammation if the injury is anything severe. I have elbow tendonitis and it usually isn't that bad except when I use ArA. I get such an amazing benefit from using ArA though so I always just take joint supplements like Orange Triad and Joint Help when using ArA. Although if I had a more severe issue I would probably not take it.

Lagartizscha

Awards
Definitely want to limit inflammation if the injury is anything severe. I have elbow tendonitis and it usually isn't that bad except when I use ArA. I get such an amazing benefit from using ArA though so I always just take joint supplements like Orange Triad and Joint Help when using ArA. Although if I had a more severe issue I would probably not take it.
I believe i recovered pretty fast due to Orange Triad. Love this stuff

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting, this makes me a little nervous to run the Xgels now, I have a couple bulging discs and my lower back seems to hurt a bit more just taking an AI...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Interesting, this makes me a little nervous to run the Xgels now, I have a couple bulging discs and my lower back seems to hurt a bit more just taking an AI...
Might be best to avoid; aggravation and the pain associated are just not worth it.

Best to avoid in this situation IMO.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Might be best to avoid; aggravation and the pain associated are just not worth it.

Best to avoid in this situation IMO.
Alrighty will do, thanks for the heads up! The feedback on muscle growth while on them are amazing tho, maybe I'll give it a shot sometime down the line when my discs are not acting up so much.