LGD 4033 help

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Basaria-etal-2012_.gif

There is a new kid on the block called LGD 4033. This stuff lowers both test and free test and at the same time lowers SHBG. It just doesn't make sense to me. It is supposed to be a great muscle builder. I don't understand how this stuff works. I need help from someone smarter that me.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Google says its a SARM, so the effect on T, free T, and SHBG is both expected and irrelevant where muscle growth is concerned

89coupe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Google says its a SARM, so the effect on T, free T, and SHBG is both expected and irrelevant where muscle growth is concerned
Can you explain a little further please. I didn't ever read that SARMS lower T, freeT, SHBG, but I never looked into taking any before.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
This is how I see it. Sarms are basically testosterone mimikers. Therefore, the body sees them as testosterone thereby shutting down normal testosterone production the same as steroeids. But since they are not structured the same as testosterone, they don't show up as testosterone on a normal hormonal panel therefore testosterone and free test appeat to be lower. Correct me if I'm wrong.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
How can T, free T, and SHBG be irrelevant to muscle growth?

X

xhrr

Awards
How can T, free T, and SHBG be irrelevant to muscle growth?
I'm assuming he means looking at those three hormones and not the bigger picture. Steriods will lower levels such as endogenous T and FT but will still aid in the accrual of LBM. Therefore in terms of muscle growth simply using these 3 hormones to make a point is irrelevant in the big picture of how it is aiding muscle growth.

Now Sarms are purported to not be as harsh as AAS in terms of shutdown and sides but IIRC there will still be a moderate amount especially depending on which SARM is used.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I'm assuming he means looking at those three hormones and not the bigger picture. Steriods will lower levels such as endogenous T and FT but will still aid in the accrual of LBM. Therefore in terms of muscle growth simply using these 3 hormones to make a point is irrelevant in the big picture of how it is aiding muscle growth.

Now Sarms are purported to not be as harsh as AAS in terms of shutdown and sides but IIRC there will still be a moderate amount especially depending on which SARM is used.
Agreed, steroids will lower natural T and free T but on a hormonal panel it will show much higher levels. With SARMS both are significantly lower on a hormonal panel (see first post). This is what confuses me.

X

xhrr

Awards
Agreed, steroids will lower natural T and free T but on a hormonal panel it will show much higher levels. With SARMS both are significantly lower on a hormonal panel (see first post). This is what confuses me.
Ahh well that is what I get for skimming and jumping to conclusion but it still holds true that SARMS are acting on the androgen receptor and the muscle building/bone building effects are mediated through that instead of those three hormones you expressed concern about. Someone can correct me if I am wrong as my knowledge is limited when it comes to SARMS but I believe that is what Cooper was getting at that worrying about those hormones is irrelevant when it comes to how this particular Sarm will contribute to muscle growth.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
They're irrelevant because the SARM is stimulating the receptor and its effectors. This was from a rudimentary google search though so I could be way off here. I'd need more literature if you want me to break it down

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Just trying to make sense of the study results (see first thread).

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A lot can happen when you modulate the androgen receptor. I would expect T to go down with modulation of the AR, personally

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Anabolics 32
D Anabolics 19
N Anabolics 4
D Anabolics 18
T Anabolics 0