Caffeine tolerance and fat burning

  1. Banned
    bakerwil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    751
    Answers
    0

    Caffeine tolerance and fat burning


    The longer we take caffeine, the more we need to take - to get a stim effect. How much does the fat burning effect diminish as the stim feeling gets less and less noticeable with the same amount of caffeine? Is it the less we (mentally) feel it, the less it's working?

  2. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,456
    Answers
    8


    The fat burning effect generally does not diminish, but since most of caffeine's effects are from appetite suppression, that does diminish
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,704
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    The fat burning effect generally does not diminish, but since most of caffeine's effects are from appetite suppression, that does diminish
    Really because ever since I had my first cup of coffee it always made me hungry? Not sure why
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,456
    Answers
    8


    Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Really because ever since I had my first cup of coffee it always made me hungry? Not sure why
    Your guess is as good as mine
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  5. Banned
    bakerwil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    751
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    The fat burning effect generally does not diminish, but since most of caffeine's effects are from appetite suppression, that does diminish
    Thanks Mr. Cooper....
  6. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,704
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    Your guess is as good as mine
    Couldn't it be from increased metabolism?
  7. Registered User
    aaronuconn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,347
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    The fat burning effect generally does not diminish, but since most of caffeine's effects are from appetite suppression, that does diminish
    AMPk is something I've been looking more into recently, so pardon an ignorant question..

    How strong does caffeine activate AMPk? How dose dependent is it?
  8. Registered User
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,421
    Answers
    0


    Caffeine elevates/releases blood sugar. In some, it will be enough to force the release of insulin, then the sugar rollar coaster ride ensures. End result, appetite increase. Also "one" of the reasons people crash a few hours after some short-acting stims; not just b/c the stim runs out but because of the sugar crash (acute hypoglycemia).

    Coffee can increase insulin sensitivity but that doesnt mean it cannot do the aforementioned "acutely" as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Really because ever since I had my first cup of coffee it always made me hungry? Not sure why
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  9. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,704
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Caffeine elevates/releases blood sugar. In some, it will be enough to force the release of insulin, then the sugar rollar coaster ride ensures. End result, appetite increase. Also "one" of the reasons people crash a few hours after some short-acting stims; not just b/c the stim runs out but because of the sugar crash (acute hypoglycemia).

    Coffee can increase insulin sensitivity but that doesnt mean it cannot do the aforementioned "acutely" as well.
    Pretty cool information thank you
  10. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,456
    Answers
    8


    Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Couldn't it be from increased metabolism?
    No, too mild

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    AMPk is something I've been looking more into recently, so pardon an ignorant question..

    How strong does caffeine activate AMPk? How dose dependent is it?
    Caffeine isn't a very strong inducer of AMPK, clinically. But its effect is systemic and generally positive, which is nice

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Caffeine elevates/releases blood sugar. In some, it will be enough to force the release of insulin, then the sugar rollar coaster ride ensures. End result, appetite increase. Also "one" of the reasons people crash a few hours after some short-acting stims; not just b/c the stim runs out but because of the sugar crash (acute hypoglycemia).

    Coffee can increase insulin sensitivity but that doesnt mean it cannot do the aforementioned "acutely" as well.
    Caffeine has consistently demonstrated to barely affect blood glucose and to have virtually no effect on insulin. The exception being megadoses (400mg - 800mg).
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. NCAA and fat burning
    By caveman0034 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 04:11 AM
  2. Estrogen and fat burning
    By XxCrisisxX in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 10:44 PM
  3. Fat-burning explained: Diet, insulin and body fat!
    By windwords7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 12:35 PM
  4. andro and fat burning
    By polski_69 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 10:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in