GDA on empty stomach

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.

GDA on empty stomach

What happens if you were to take a GDA on an empty stomach and not eat afterwards -- for example just before bed? To be clear I'm referring to "insulin mimics" vs carb blockers. My guess is that the body would reduce glucose from the blood and then over a short period of time bring some glucose back, predominately from liver glycogen. Coop or other science guys, please let me know if I'm mistaken. Seems like it would be a good way to set up for night-time fat utilization and maybe a slightly higher GH spike.

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysiii View Post
    What happens if you were to take a GDA on an empty stomach and not eat afterwards -- for example just before bed? To be clear I'm referring to "insulin mimics" vs carb blockers. My guess is that the body would reduce glucose from the blood and then over a short period of time bring some glucose back, predominately from liver glycogen. Coop or other science guys, please let me know if I'm mistaken. Seems like it would be a good way to set up for night-time fat utilization and maybe a slightly higher GH spike.
    It's very common to dose GDA's before bed
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

I can only speak to Burn24. First dose of the day is on an empty stomach. When I wait too long to eat sometimes, it just makes me feel a little light headed probably due to low blood sugar at that point.
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

You pretty much said it.
    It's hard to know exactly what would happen but lower blood glucose levels, lowered insulin levels and become more primed to fat utilization. Especially to bring up glucose through gluconeogenesis and glycolysis.

If test it out before during the day and not eating to see how hypoglycemic you get. You don't want to completely bottom out while sleeping, though I'd suspect most healthy people to be okay with the natural insulin mimetics.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.

Thanks guys. I'm curious as to where the glucose to restore the blood sugar level would come from. Lets say the GDA shuttles some to muscle and some to fat. Then, if one didn't eat, the body would restore blood sugar levels. My guess is that this would come predominately from liver glycogen. So the net effect effect is some carbs are shifted to muscle and fat from the liver. Waiting for Coop to to tell me I'm completely wrong. ... But also hopefully explain his thoughts on fasted GDA. edit: ....What is up with this site removing my line feeds. I really didn't write these posts as one big paragraph ?
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

subbed..
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post

It's very common to dose GDA's before bed
    I do and love the effects it has on me. Keeps me dry and taking a GDA before bed clears carbohydrates from your body to facilitate growth hormone release as well.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Some GDA's may not be best before bed, like Burn24. Lower blood sugar pre-bed is good for the deeper sleep and the subsequent increase in GH pulses, but hypoglycemia pre-bed is not a good option.

Many say that SlinTensity pre-bed is great. ErgoBolic (contains bitter melon) is also an awesome choice pre-bed.
  9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Some GDA's may not be best before bed, like Burn24. Lower blood sugar pre-bed is good for the deeper sleep and the subsequent increase in GH pulses, but hypoglycemia pre-bed is not a good option.

Many say that SlinTensity pre-bed is great. ErgoBolic (contains bitter melon) is also an awesome choice pre-bed.
    Although the original Slintensity (Southland version) is going by the wayside, be on the lookout for the reformulated Slintensity that will be released under EvoMuse.

/shill
    EvoMuse
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post

Although the original Slintensity (Southland version) is going by the wayside, be on the lookout for the reformulated Slintensity that will be released under EvoMuse.

/shill
    Do I smell a sick sale?!?
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Do I smell a sick sale?!?
    No, I farted, sorry...
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  12. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor

Your blood sugar really won't drop all too much to cause hypoglycemia. Some individuals get symptoms at a higher glucose level then others.

I'd like to see readings on people who have felt that way and actually see what their sugars are

Personally for me I've taken recompadrol and not eaten and took blood glucose ( diabetes management class) every 15 min and at 30-40 minut mark where you'll see most exert its effect is that my sugars were in the high 50s low 60s.

However I was no light headed dizzy or having symptoms most speak of. And I have done this with most gdas (not burn 24 or slintensity or slingshot)

As far as the increase in gh. It's probably pretty minimal and the fat burning effects are more from te nuclear receptors and lower overall insulin levels
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Your blood sugar really won't drop all too much to cause hypoglycemia. Some individuals get symptoms at a higher glucose level then others.

I'd like to see readings on people who have felt that way and actually see what their sugars are

Personally for me I've taken recompadrol and not eaten and took blood glucose ( diabetes management class) every 15 min and at 30-40 minut mark where you'll see most exert its effect is that my sugars were in the high 50s low 60s.

However I was no light headed dizzy or having symptoms most speak of. And I have done this with most gdas (not burn 24 or slintensity or slingshot)

As far as the increase in gh. It's probably pretty minimal and the fat burning effects are more from te nuclear receptors and lower overall insulin levels
    You should try it with Burn24 if you get the opportunity to. I would like to see what you have to say anecdotally, and also what your glucose meter says.

Yeah, the GH-pulse increase isn't anything special, but the depth of sleep is (once again, personal opinion).
  14. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

/shill
    Darn, I love that product! If there is a sale, I am buying all of them!
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

/shill
    Shilling is fine when done appropriately.
  16. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    You should try it with Burn24 if you get the opportunity to. I would like to see what you have to say anecdotally, and also what your glucose meter says.

Yeah, the GH-pulse increase isn't anything special, but the depth of sleep is (once again, personal opinion).
    I'd have to buy more strips or go over to my uncles to get some.
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator
    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  17. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.

Well on a different note the fourth time I took anabolic pump I had been drinking caffeine all day and I tried to have a very light meal to see how low I could go with carbs and about an hour or so later I had the feeling of my stomach facing in didn't think much of it but then I started to sweat and shake profusely I looked in the mirror and my pupils were the size of golf balls. My gf ended up calling the paramedics I ate some cottage cheese and was fine. That was the first time thats ever happened. It was low blood sugar that triggered a panic attack. When blood sugar is low the body releases adrenaline which in turn causes a release in cortisol in an attempt to get more glucose into the blood stream
  18. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Well on a different note the fourth time I took anabolic pump I had been drinking caffeine all day and I tried to have a very light meal to see how low I could go with carbs and about an hour or so later I had the feeling of my stomach facing in didn't think much of it but then I started to sweat and shake profusely I looked in the mirror and my pupils were the size of golf balls. My gf ended up calling the paramedics I ate some cottage cheese and was fine. That was the first time thats ever happened. It was low blood sugar that triggered a panic attack. When blood sugar is low the body releases adrenaline which in turn causes a release in cortisol in an attempt to get more glucose into the blood stream
    Just got some AP (a GDA I have not tried)....and I will be extra careful when taking it - during the day at least. I do take a GDA at bedtime without food - and AP has worked well in this respect the last couple of nights.....
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.

Thanks for all the responses guys. Here's my current plan:

6:00am - 2tsp coconut oil / 30 min walk
    7:45am – GDA
    8:00am - breakfast 100gm carbs
    12:00pm - lunch 10gm carbs
    3:00pm – GDA
    3:15pm - pre-workout 45gm carbs
    5:30pm - post-workout 100gm carbs
    6:45pm - dinner 65gm carbs
    8:30pm - snack 55gm carbs
    10:00pm – GDA

Lean bulk: 3,400 kcal, 375gm carb, 315gm pro, 80gm fat

edit: also taking forskolin and ArA
  20. Registered User

We have been testing an ingredient in this department.

It is too strong for us to release. I experimented with the dosage and felt awful when I took too much. There is too narrow a scope for someone to abuse it.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post

It is too strong for us to release. I experimented with the dosage and felt awful when I took too much. There is too narrow a scope for someone to abuse it.
    That's great and horrible news at the same time.

Working on tweaking it a little? GDA's have such a plethora of benefits, I think it would be a great product for you guys.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  169 lbs.

I like the sound of this...
  23. Registered User

I will discuss it and see where we are with it.

If we ever released it we would need a very strict take with food policy lol.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

I will discuss it and see where we are with it.

If we ever released it we would need a very strict take with food policy lol.
    Upwards of 50g carbs?
  25. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bakerwil View Post

Just got some AP (a GDA I have not tried)....and I will be extra careful when taking it - during the day at least. I do take a GDA at bedtime without food - and AP has worked well in this respect the last couple of nights.....
    I praise for your caution but everyone's different. I haven't had a carb since Thursday and trained shoulders and 15min HIIT fasted today and took 1 AP before my workout (FTP protocol) and haven't had any post workout carbs (wont for another 6hrs). I feel fine, just look dry & tight
  26. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.

Lol...almost forgot about that stuff. Kevin loves it
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post

Lol...almost forgot about that stuff. Kevin loves it
    Kevin appvd, let's have it then.

In other GDA's : (cough)GlycoPhase(cough)
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. POLL -- CARDIO ON EMPTY STOMACH IN MORNING
    By spitboy2000 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 297
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 03:53 PM
  2. serm on empty stomach?
    By bombBoogie in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-02-2007, 08:03 PM
  3. Should supplements be taken on empty stomach
    By 28540MC in forum Supplements