GDA on empty stomach

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
What happens if you were to take a GDA on an empty stomach and not eat afterwards -- for example just before bed? To be clear I'm referring to "insulin mimics" vs carb blockers. My guess is that the body would reduce glucose from the blood and then over a short period of time bring some glucose back, predominately from liver glycogen. Coop or other science guys, please let me know if I'm mistaken. Seems like it would be a good way to set up for night-time fat utilization and maybe a slightly higher GH spike.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What happens if you were to take a GDA on an empty stomach and not eat afterwards -- for example just before bed? To be clear I'm referring to "insulin mimics" vs carb blockers. My guess is that the body would reduce glucose from the blood and then over a short period of time bring some glucose back, predominately from liver glycogen. Coop or other science guys, please let me know if I'm mistaken. Seems like it would be a good way to set up for night-time fat utilization and maybe a slightly higher GH spike.
It's very common to dose GDA's before bed

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can only speak to Burn24. First dose of the day is on an empty stomach. When I wait too long to eat sometimes, it just makes me feel a little light headed probably due to low blood sugar at that point.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You pretty much said it.
It's hard to know exactly what would happen but lower blood glucose levels, lowered insulin levels and become more primed to fat utilization. Especially to bring up glucose through gluconeogenesis and glycolysis.

If test it out before during the day and not eating to see how hypoglycemic you get. You don't want to completely bottom out while sleeping, though I'd suspect most healthy people to be okay with the natural insulin mimetics.

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. I'm curious as to where the glucose to restore the blood sugar level would come from. Lets say the GDA shuttles some to muscle and some to fat. Then, if one didn't eat, the body would restore blood sugar levels. My guess is that this would come predominately from liver glycogen. So the net effect effect is some carbs are shifted to muscle and fat from the liver. Waiting for Coop to to tell me I'm completely wrong. ... But also hopefully explain his thoughts on fasted GDA. edit: ....What is up with this site removing my line feeds. I really didn't write these posts as one big paragraph ?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's very common to dose GDA's before bed
I do and love the effects it has on me. Keeps me dry and taking a GDA before bed clears carbohydrates from your body to facilitate growth hormone release as well.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Some GDA's may not be best before bed, like Burn24. Lower blood sugar pre-bed is good for the deeper sleep and the subsequent increase in GH pulses, but hypoglycemia pre-bed is not a good option.

Many say that SlinTensity pre-bed is great. ErgoBolic (contains bitter melon) is also an awesome choice pre-bed.

domore

Awards
Some GDA's may not be best before bed, like Burn24. Lower blood sugar pre-bed is good for the deeper sleep and the subsequent increase in GH pulses, but hypoglycemia pre-bed is not a good option.

Many say that SlinTensity pre-bed is great. ErgoBolic (contains bitter melon) is also an awesome choice pre-bed.
Although the original Slintensity (Southland version) is going by the wayside, be on the lookout for the reformulated Slintensity that will be released under EvoMuse.

/shill

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your blood sugar really won't drop all too much to cause hypoglycemia. Some individuals get symptoms at a higher glucose level then others.

I'd like to see readings on people who have felt that way and actually see what their sugars are

Personally for me I've taken recompadrol and not eaten and took blood glucose ( diabetes management class) every 15 min and at 30-40 minut mark where you'll see most exert its effect is that my sugars were in the high 50s low 60s.

However I was no light headed dizzy or having symptoms most speak of. And I have done this with most gdas (not burn 24 or slintensity or slingshot)

As far as the increase in gh. It's probably pretty minimal and the fat burning effects are more from te nuclear receptors and lower overall insulin levels

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Your blood sugar really won't drop all too much to cause hypoglycemia. Some individuals get symptoms at a higher glucose level then others.

I'd like to see readings on people who have felt that way and actually see what their sugars are

Personally for me I've taken recompadrol and not eaten and took blood glucose ( diabetes management class) every 15 min and at 30-40 minut mark where you'll see most exert its effect is that my sugars were in the high 50s low 60s.

However I was no light headed dizzy or having symptoms most speak of. And I have done this with most gdas (not burn 24 or slintensity or slingshot)

As far as the increase in gh. It's probably pretty minimal and the fat burning effects are more from te nuclear receptors and lower overall insulin levels
You should try it with Burn24 if you get the opportunity to. I would like to see what you have to say anecdotally, and also what your glucose meter says.

Yeah, the GH-pulse increase isn't anything special, but the depth of sleep is (once again, personal opinion). :D

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Although the original Slintensity (Southland version) is going by the wayside, be on the lookout for the reformulated Slintensity that will be released under EvoMuse.

/shill
Darn, I love that product! If there is a sale, I am buying all of them!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

/shill
Shilling is fine when done appropriately. :D

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You should try it with Burn24 if you get the opportunity to. I would like to see what you have to say anecdotally, and also what your glucose meter says.

Yeah, the GH-pulse increase isn't anything special, but the depth of sleep is (once again, personal opinion). :D
I'd have to buy more strips or go over to my uncles to get some.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Well on a different note the fourth time I took anabolic pump I had been drinking caffeine all day and I tried to have a very light meal to see how low I could go with carbs and about an hour or so later I had the feeling of my stomach facing in didn't think much of it but then I started to sweat and shake profusely I looked in the mirror and my pupils were the size of golf balls. My gf ended up calling the paramedics I ate some cottage cheese and was fine. That was the first time thats ever happened. It was low blood sugar that triggered a panic attack. When blood sugar is low the body releases adrenaline which in turn causes a release in cortisol in an attempt to get more glucose into the blood stream

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Well on a different note the fourth time I took anabolic pump I had been drinking caffeine all day and I tried to have a very light meal to see how low I could go with carbs and about an hour or so later I had the feeling of my stomach facing in didn't think much of it but then I started to sweat and shake profusely I looked in the mirror and my pupils were the size of golf balls. My gf ended up calling the paramedics I ate some cottage cheese and was fine. That was the first time thats ever happened. It was low blood sugar that triggered a panic attack. When blood sugar is low the body releases adrenaline which in turn causes a release in cortisol in an attempt to get more glucose into the blood stream
Just got some AP (a GDA I have not tried)....and I will be extra careful when taking it - during the day at least. I do take a GDA at bedtime without food - and AP has worked well in this respect the last couple of nights.....

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the responses guys. Here's my current plan:

6:00am - 2tsp coconut oil / 30 min walk
7:45am – GDA
8:00am - breakfast 100gm carbs
12:00pm - lunch 10gm carbs
3:00pm – GDA
3:15pm - pre-workout 45gm carbs
5:30pm - post-workout 100gm carbs
6:45pm - dinner 65gm carbs
8:30pm - snack 55gm carbs
10:00pm – GDA

Lean bulk: 3,400 kcal, 375gm carb, 315gm pro, 80gm fat

edit: also taking forskolin and ArA

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We have been testing an ingredient in this department.

It is too strong for us to release. I experimented with the dosage and felt awful when I took too much. There is too narrow a scope for someone to abuse it.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

It is too strong for us to release. I experimented with the dosage and felt awful when I took too much. There is too narrow a scope for someone to abuse it.
That's great and horrible news at the same time. :p

Working on tweaking it a little? GDA's have such a plethora of benefits, I think it would be a great product for you guys.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I like the sound of this...

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will discuss it and see where we are with it.

If we ever released it we would need a very strict take with food policy lol.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just got some AP (a GDA I have not tried)....and I will be extra careful when taking it - during the day at least. I do take a GDA at bedtime without food - and AP has worked well in this respect the last couple of nights.....
I praise for your caution but everyone's different. I haven't had a carb since Thursday and trained shoulders and 15min HIIT fasted today and took 1 AP before my workout (FTP protocol) and haven't had any post workout carbs (wont for another 6hrs). I feel fine, just look dry & tight ;)

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Lol...almost forgot about that stuff. Kevin loves it

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
PolishHamm3r77 Supplements 21
Supplements 16
AdelV Supplements 8
Supplements 23