PLANT PROTEIN

  1. PLANT PROTEIN


    What do you think about this? Is it an usefull addition to one's protein diet to vary a little protein source and maybe avoid developping dairy protein allergy?

  2. smoker145
    smoker145's Avatar

    I don't see a problem with it they're typically more expensive, but if you want to mix it up and get like a raw protein powder than go for it.

  3. I'd rather have meat. If I ever used soy or protein from a plant, I would feel like a woman who does crossfit
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

    use code "R1balla" to receive a discount
    •   
       


  4. pea protein is great. I have allergy to whey and use pea instead.

  5. Look into dales raw protein.


    Everything is vegan. And they have awesome bars

  6. The issue with plant protein/vegan protein is that the protein sources used is ubiquitous in the modern food supply. Whey however is not. So from a purely logical POV, it doesn't make sense to go out of ones way to pay extra money for something that we already have abundant and cheap access to in the first place.

    Up to the customer though, it's their money.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    The issue with plant protein/vegan protein is that the protein sources used is ubiquitous in the modern food supply. Whey however is not. So from a purely logical POV, it doesn't make sense to go out of ones way to pay extra money for something that we already have abundant and cheap access to in the first place.

    Up to the customer though, it's their money.
    I understand your idea but if I eat pea or rice I get lots of carbs and I want to avoid them

  8. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    I'd rather have meat. If I ever used soy or protein from a plant, I would feel like a woman who does crossfit
    Some of them lift more weight that you lift so...

  9. Quote Originally Posted by amarula View Post
    I understand your idea but if I eat pea or rice I get lots of carbs and I want to avoid them
    Same with why one buys whey/casein powder instead of drinking a lot of milk. When it comes down to it, dairy derived protein yields both more health benefits (whey is a super food) as well as a better price compared to plants based protein supplements.It comes down to the individual though, if there is a moral or dietary or religious reason for one to not be able to use dairy derived protein, nothing wrong with plants based protein supplements, you just end up paying extra for the privilege. Otherwise from a health and quality perspective, the dairy derived protein supplement is superior and costing less is just the cherry on top. Up to the I individual, no argument from me about that

  10. Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    Same with why one buys whey/casein powder instead of drinking a lot of milk. When it comes down to it, dairy derived protein yields both more health benefits (whey is a super food) as well as a better price compared to plants based protein supplements.It comes down to the individual though, if there is a moral or dietary or religious reason for one to not be able to use dairy derived protein, nothing wrong with plants based protein supplements, you just end up paying extra for the privilege. Otherwise from a health and quality perspective, the dairy derived protein supplement is superior and costing less is just the cherry on top. Up to the I individual, no argument from me about that
    I love the use of hemp protein in my shakes.

    Just got a blend of hemp cacao and lucuma to add to my shakes for more fiber and protein

  11. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post

    I love the use of hemp protein in my shakes.

    Just got a blend of hemp cacao and lucuma to add to my shakes for more fiber and protein
    Refer to my post about the protein bars in this thread

    Best supplement type for bulk bloat?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    I love the use of hemp protein in my shakes. Just got a blend of hemp cacao and lucuma to add to my shakes for more fiber and protein
    Definitely works as well I've been tossing Magnum Performance Greens into my morning shake.

  13. plant protein doesn't have as high of a absorbant rate as whey or meat protein does.

    Unless I was vegan I wouldn't touch it

  14. Some good points here. Thank you. Maybe I'll try it one day just to change a little as I use whey for years and really enjoy it

  15. Quote Originally Posted by amarula View Post
    Some good points here. Thank you. Maybe I'll try it one day just to change a little as I use whey for years and really enjoy it
    There's nothing wrong in getting different amino acid profiles throughout the day

    I eat 20-40g combined hemp rice and pea protein and around 50g whey a day on top of chicken and beef.

    I happen to like this or just eating whole food better then whey shakes alone.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by amarula View Post
    What do you think about this? Is it an usefull addition to one's protein diet to vary a little protein source and maybe avoid developping dairy protein allergy?
    I mix half of sans raw fusion into a full scoop of whey. I definitely dig a raw plant based profile that doesn't contain soy
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by amarula View Post

    Some of them lift more weight that you lift so...


    Yes the ones cycling anavar hgh and test. So......

  18. Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post
    Yes the ones cycling anavar hgh and test. So......
    I was just messing around like he was I think

  19. Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    I mix half of sans raw fusion into a full scoop of whey. I definitely dig a raw plant based profile that doesn't contain soy
    How do you compare SAN's raw fusion with whey in terms of flavour?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by amarula View Post
    What do you think about this? Is it an usefull addition to one's protein diet to vary a little protein source and maybe avoid developping dairy protein allergy?
    are we talking about plant protein powder or just plant protein here? i know with unextracted plant protein (vegetables/grains/nuts) the amino acid profile is very small per gram of protein. i mean like 1/10th the aminos

  21. Quote Originally Posted by amarula View Post

    I was just messing around like he was I think


    I know. Sorry if my post seemed aggressive. Ever watched the chick crossfit games though? Mini Ronnie Coleman's running around six packs sticking out 5-6 inches lol.

  22. I feel the best and most reliable sources of protein are milk proteins such as whey and casein however if someone was to consider vegetarian sources the only ones that would seem to be worth looking into would be Hemp and Pea protein, Rice texture isnt the nicest and price doesnt help all that much, pea protein is becoming more available and might be worth it, Hemp has a nutty taste great source of EFA and fiber but at the price your better off buying whey and fish oils and fiber separately.
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by amarula View Post

    How do you compare SAN's raw fusion with whey in terms of flavour?
    It definitely tastes like a plant protein but the flavoring is pretty good and more than tolerable
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  24. Pea protein would be the best vegan protein, IMO
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

  25. Brown rice protein is quite gritty. If I add cocoa powder and rice milk to it I can drink it comfortably.

    Hemp is less tolerable for me and also significantly more expensive.

    Pea protein I managed to drink half a serving after adding a huge amount of cocoa to try and cover the flavour. I threw the rest of the serving away and haven't touched it again since lol.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Post Workout Plant Protein
    By Buffspartan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 12:59 PM
  2. Plant protein powders? Yay or Nay?
    By OrganicShadow in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 07:54 AM
  3. What flavor of protein shake is your favorite?
    By Chemo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 03:11 PM
  4. In Depth Protein Breakdown
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 10:53 PM
  5. protein source
    By sage in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-01-2002, 07:00 PM
Log in
Log in