Best Post Workout Drink without Dairy - AnabolicMinds.com

Best Post Workout Drink without Dairy

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Jas

Best Post Workout Drink without Dairy

Folks,

I've tried Gaspari Intrapro, Myofusion, Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey, and then a various number of other uk bulk suppliers of Whey isolates, concentrates and blends. With whey coming from dairy it has lactose in it, which causes me bloating and I look a lot heavier .

I've come to a point where I know the current whey i have tried, doesn't suit me.

Has anyone come up with a decent post workout drink that doesn't contain any dairy? Either one they've purchased or made

I might look for only a BCAA drink to take post training. Anyone highly recommend one?

Thanks

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

bcaa in postWO timeframe is good..dunno if I would replace protein intake in this timeframe with it tho

there are many straight isolates that contain no lactose, stop looking at blends if this your goal

barring that: simply have a can of tuna for your postWO protein..problem solved
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

either eat instead of relying on powder. or get a pure isolate instead of all those blends. optimum makes a pure isolate, but i think its only sold at costco. its called performance whey isolate if you wanna look for it. 5lb for $62 at cstco
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I believe ABB Recovery Maxx is dairy free.

maybe try that, its a RTD. and will give you carbs and protein, if you cant get a post meal right away.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  5. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

For what its worth, I'm sensitive to lactose to the point that even the whey hydrolysate in Iforce's Compete or the "40%" component of Trutein would give me bloating/pain.

I've been using TruNutrition's Iso-Ology as my go-to isolate and have had no issues to speak of.
    Antaeus Labs Representative

6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Why not just eat a meal?
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Meal
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Meal
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Meal.
    Have the biggest meal of the day which should include 60-80% of your carbs.....some protein is good after your workout, but you need tons or varied carbs...
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bakerwil View Post
    Meal.
    Have the biggest meal of the day which should include 60-80% of your carbs.....some protein is good after your workout, but you need tons or varied carbs...
    lol wut?
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    lol wut?
    What's funny Dude, please share?
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

What's funny Dude, please share?
    he always has an odd way of disagreeing with ppl
    no worries..but as for the point of the post, if this is your preference fine, but not something that is generally recognized to be true
    postWO timeframe is very vaild time for protein intake; in fact most would call this essential
    as for carbs: sure this would probably be most beneficial time for consumption of carbs - but breakfast and preWO meals are also valid timeframes as well..lastly, saying you need "tons of varied carbs" is erroneous, period; some find it preferable to get a nice mixture of majority simple carbs to more complex carbs in this timeframe, but again there is nothing set in stone on this..quantity large at this juncture, can still be made a case that this is extreme and will lead to fat gain - the body has a certain point of rejection to adipose, even in these timeframes
    many carb sources will work for postWO - currently in prep, I eat raisin bran
    (in before I hear about fiber content in postWO timeframe)
    works for me just fine
  13. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I agree with the notion of eating an actual meal. If this is not what you are looking for or you find it hard to consume a pure isolate protein product should pose no issues being as almost all pure isolates are lactose free from what i have seen.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  14. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Steak.
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  15. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    he always has an odd way of disagreeing with ppl
    no worries..but as for the point of the post, if this is your preference fine, but not something that is generally recognized to be true
    postWO timeframe is very vaild time for protein intake; in fact most would call this essential
    as for carbs: sure this would probably be most beneficial time for consumption of carbs - but breakfast and preWO meals are also valid timeframes as well..lastly, saying you need "tons of varied carbs" is erroneous, period; some find it preferable to get a nice mixture of majority simple carbs to more complex carbs in this timeframe, but again there is nothing set in stone on this..quantity large at this juncture, can still be made a case that this is extreme and will lead to fat gain - the body has a certain point of rejection to adipose, even in these timeframes
    many carb sources will work for postWO - currently in prep, I eat raisin bran
    (in before I hear about fiber content in postWO timeframe)
    works for me just fine
    I completely agree that it is time for protein intake - just as I had said? I feel (and I think everyone else does) that carbs s/b the focus PWO - not protein. After years of eating, that's what works for me. 'tons of varied carbs' ...ya, just like you said a nice mixture of simple and complex carbs....another way of saying the same thing I said....
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

I completely agree that it is time for protein intake - just as I had said? I feel (and I think everyone else does) that carbs s/b the focus PWO - not protein. After years of eating, that's what works for me. 'tons of varied carbs' ...ya, just like you said a nice mixture of simple and complex carbs....another way of saying the same thing I said....
    "some" protein I guess could be read relatively speaking..some to me, is ~20g, some to you may be more..i like more than this postWO
    same with "tons of carbs", tons meaning a crapload, and combined with your rec of 60-80% of your daily amount would lead me to believe a quite substantial portion.. I would read this as you referring to at least 100-150g (or more even)..may not be everyone's goal or desire - certainly not mine, specifically

all in how we interpret I guess..there is a faction of ppl, who would poo-poo the whole idea of relevance of this large postWO structure, at all..many different ways to view it
  17. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

"some" protein I guess could be read relatively speaking..some to me, is ~20g, some to you may be more..i like more than this postWO
    same with "tons of carbs", tons meaning a crapload, and combined with your rec of 60-80% of your daily amount would lead me to believe a quite substantial portion.. I would read this as you referring to at least 100-150g (or more even)..may not be everyone's goal or desire - certainly not mine, specifically

all in how we interpret I guess..there is a faction of ppl, who would poo-poo the whole idea of relevance of this large postWO structure, at all..many different ways to view it
    Agreed, 20g protein is a good amount to hit
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  18. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Cool, thanks...
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I would always lean to eating a meal. I am a fan of a peri nutrition which essentially is whole food postWO. Though understandable that it is not always feasible to do this as you might be on the go. iForce just came out with Isotean which is an isolate. I use it mostly on the weekends when my schedule seems to be a little bit tighter and a whole meal doesn't work for me.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Pure isolates are great for most people... but have you tried pea protein? AI Sports makes one that's a pea protein / rice protein mix. Maybe it'll work better for you.
  21. Jas

I am now trying All Max Nutrition Isolfex straight away after training. 30 to 60 minutes after, I take a meal.

Appreciate all the responses, thanks.
  22. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    I am now trying All Max Nutrition Isolfex straight away after training. 30 to 60 minutes after, I take a meal.

Appreciate all the responses, thanks.

You must be loaded!. That stuff is extremely expensive. Granted it's quality stuff, but it's something like $80 plus shipping for 5 pounds!.
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

SAN Raw Fusion is another choice.
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Egg protein has as much BCAA content as whey, consider giving that a try.
    SNS Representative - DeeB@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    I've never tried it alone, have you? Heard the taste can be hard to mask.

26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

well..considering the issue and aim behind taking egg in place of whey is not higher bcaa content, this post would seem to be very inconsequential
    egg gives a different amino profile than does whey, pure and simple..there is a faction of belief that when you get down to finite basics, a better-balanced amino profile - from multiple sources - is better and more effective than one simple source alone
    but since you seem to think all aminos are the same, perhaps you don't grasp or embrace that concept

Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    it is - can have all the flavoring in the world, does not matter..a different taste, and a different thicker texture
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

it is - can have all the flavoring in the world, does not matter..a different taste, and a different thicker texture
    Interesting. I've never had the desire to try it because I have no issues with lactose. Maybe some day I'll try a sample for sh!ts and gigs.

28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

well..considering the issue and aim behind taking egg in place of whey is not higher bcaa content, this post would seem to be very inconsequential
    egg gives a different amino profile than does whey, pure and simple..there is a faction of belief that when you get down to finite basics, a better-balanced amino profile - from multiple sources - is better and more effective than one simple source alone
    but since you seem to think all aminos are the same, perhaps you don't grasp or embrace that concept
    When have I ever said amino acid profile doesn't matter? I said a given free form amino acid source, with the same profile doesn't matter.

E.g. If your free form SAA product and free form amino acids from another source are consumed in the exact same ratio, with no active peptides involved, the exact same effects will be observed.

But since we're resorting to personal attacks (again), lets just get this out of the way: What you don't seem to grasp is literally anything to do with science whatsoever, as your history of commentary in this industry clearly demonstrates. I strongly suggest you cease addressing me in threads, because while your arrogant bull**** might get other people to leave you alone because they don't want to deal with your rage or threats to rape them, I have no issue confronting you.

--

Back on topic:

The amino acid profile of various non-dairy protein sources is generally inferior for muscle-building purposes.
    Egg however, while being more expensive than other non-dairy protein still has the same BCAA levels as dairy-derived protein products.
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.

I have, it's not great, but for people with severe dairy sensitivity it's a great option.

Unfortunately, the market for that is much smaller than the broader protein market, so less focus is given on it and making it taste as good as some of the excellent flavoring done on whey.
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

But since we're resorting to personal attacks (again), lets just get this out of the way: What you don't seem to grasp is literally anything to do with science whatsoever, as your history of commentary in this industry clearly demonstrates. I strongly suggest you cease addressing me in threads, because while your arrogant bull**** might get other people to leave you alone because they don't want to deal with your rage or threats to rape them, I have no issue confronting you.
    lqtm

and you accuse me of personal attacks:
    really buddy, how old are you? quite juvenile
    you made a post suggesting whey in place of egg, specifying same bcaa content
    my .02 is, you miss the point entirely of why someone takes egg to begin with

always intent on starting shyte, aren't you?
    sheesh..no worries on ignoring you, i'll let you run rampant with your chosen mentality
    you take care

31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by someone View Post
    In this case they would be taking it as an alternative to dairy-based protein for post workout purposes.
    For which Egg relatively closely mimics the desired parts of the whey protein amino acid profile.

Which is the entire purpose of the thread being started.
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

lqtm

and you accuse me of personal attacks:
    really buddy, how old are you? quite juvenile

always intent on starting shyte, aren't you?
    sheesh..no worries on ignoring you, i'll let you run rampant with your chosen mentality
    you take care

Meh, I would consider this a "personal attack/attempt at belittlement" as well: The legal supplement that impressed you most

33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

How about eat a meal (some steak rice and broccoli) and top it off with some Red Velvet Protein by iForce for Dessert! That sounds like a good thing post workout
    Myokem Rep 15% Off @ Myokem.com use code dkgreene15
    NITRAMINE-Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINEHigh Performance Thermogenic Agent |MAGNITROPIN-High Performance Myotropic Agent |ALPHADEX-High Performance Hormone Modulator
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dkgreene88 View Post
    How about eat a meal (some steak rice and broccoli) and top it off with some Red Velvet Protein by iForce for Dessert! That sounds like a good thing post workout
    I like that - but (and nothing at all against your chosen shake) if you are consuming decent-sized portion of steak, why bother with shake at all?
    unless, you want a more diverse amino profile

Meh, I would consider this a "personal attack/attempt at belittlement" as well: The legal supplement that impressed you most
    i mean..just wow bro - was this a serious post?
    perceptions are indeed funny things
    if I may share my perception with you sir (without you claiming I am personally attacking you): a fine example of an attack is, getting involved in something you are not even involved in to begin with, to make a point(??) - and digging deep to find a 7 month old thread/exchange to "prove your point" - which on my end was simply nothing more than discussion/exchange of ideas to share a differnet opinion/perspective than what you had shared yourself (while getting involved in the discussion to begin with out of blue, when I was not even directing anything to you to begin with in that particular thread --- oh kinda like shades of what has transpired here?)

but, what do I know?
    (inb4 that was another personal attack....)

I think some of you need to get out into the real world and off the internet for awhile, live life, enjoy it and stop sweating the small stuff
    a different perspective can do wonders for your well-being
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

i mean..just wow bro - was this a serious post?
    perceptions are indeed funny things
    if I may share my perception with you sir (without you claiming I am personally attacking you): a fine example of an attack is, getting involved in something you are not even involved in to begin with, to make a point(??) - and digging deep to find a 7 month old thread/exchange to "prove your point" - which on my end was simply nothing more than discussion/exchange of ideas to share a differnet opinion/perspective than what you had shared yourself (while getting involved in the discussion to begin with out of blue, when I was not even directing anything to you to begin with in that particular thread --- oh kinda like shades of what has transpired here?)

but, what do I know?
    (inb4 that was another personal attack....)

I think some of you need to get out into the real world and off the internet for awhile, live life, enjoy it and stop sweating the small stuff
    a different perspective can do wonders for your well-being
    That was accidentally dug up, as I came across it yesterday, then recalled it for today. I was insinuating your history of rants. You don't appear to give your opinion/perspective in a respectful way. I'm all for debates where we can all learn something, but telling de_eb, "but since you seem to think all aminos are the same, perhaps you don't grasp or embrace that concept", comes across at belittling and showcases an overabundance of arrogance on your behalf when in fact it was not simply needed.

I thought what you said to me via PM was fine enough and I respected that, however now you felt the need to reiterate for everyone to see.. why? lol.

And for your notion of me "randomly" helping out de_eb or my "lack of involvement" with him.. this isn't the only online forum.

36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

And for your notion of me "randomly" helping out de_eb or my "lack of involvement" with him.. this isn't the only online forum.
    well we can end this right now then bud, how's that?
    but one last thing: so what I will infer then (since there is all this assumption and inferring going on to begin with), is that you and deeb are buddies on other forums, and you felt the need - even tho nothing had been said to you except for my helpful post discussing egg protein powders that you made mention about - to stick up for your buddy..
    I see. shrewd, man

no worries, and take care
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

but one last thing: so what I will infer then (since there is all this assumption and inferring going on to begin with), is that you and deeb are buddies on other forums, and you felt the need - even tho nothing had been said to you except for my helpful post discussing egg protein powders that you made mention about - to stick up for your buddy..
    I see. shrewd, man

Not at all actually, I meant that it wasn't "random" for him and I to have similar thoughts on some concepts. I clearly didn't enunciate that at all, though.. that was my bad.

I don't really care to take this thread even more tangent then it is, nor do I care for interwebz wars, so back to the topic.

38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.

I see. shrewd, man

Nobody attacked you, mentioned you, or wanted anything to do with you in this thread.

You came in and decided to try to insult my knowledge of amino acids. Firstly, your post was completely irrelevant to the topic of the thread where someone is looking for an alternative to dairy protein. Additionally, you have repeatedly demonstrated your lack of understanding of what an amino acid profile even means in the SAA thread, or how free form amino acids even function. I'm not going to sit back while you show up being a loud-mouthed ass in yet another thread.

Aaron pointed out other instances of you doing the same thing.

Stop trying to play the victim as if people are jumping on you and harassing you when you show up in threads and instigate things.
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

And here we go.....
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    And here we go.....

Similar Forum Threads

1. Low GI Post workout drink, really???
    By Draven in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 01:19 PM
  2. Best Post Workout Shake
    By TimberLakers in forum Recipes
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 10:39 PM
  3. Best Pre-Workout thing without caffeine