Best Post Workout Drink without Dairy

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post

    What the hell is that?
    S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com


  2. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    What the hell is that?
    I know. I just saw that online. all this time working out when I could've just gotten computer-generated..
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    What the hell is that?
    you haven't seen that one?
    been around for couple yrs now, in fact I think some guys were using it as avi for awhile there

  4. Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    500lbs is a big goal for a bench; jay culter can bench 495, so youre talking about outbenching him; are you saying youre a prolifter? if not, I cant imagine why you wouldn't want some sponsors
    Not a pro lifter, my best bench raw was 445 with a comp pause and drug free in the gym. I used to train in shirts so I never really worked on my raw bench for extended periods. I am terrible in a shirt. I need goals to chase, but that one I think is pretty attainable over time. Powerlifting was very tough for me as I work a lot and in an industry where I cannot say I am going to be at the gym at this time regularly. Without turning this into a long story I now have a gym in my basement at work that suits my needs and I train at lunch and bench on Friday after work with a coworker. Also don't look to bodybuilders to be strong, that is not their game, I trained at Strong and Shapely in NJ for years and a bunch of pros and high level amateurs were there from time to time. Most are no where near as strong as strength athletes. Ronnie Coleman is one of the exceptions.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    very interesting (and curious) statement
    broken down:
    I agree the key to solely lifting = simply this, consistency in training over a long period of time and a somewhat laid out plan
    and genetics come into play hugely, which you mention nowhere..to have #s and strength of that stature, whether you are are steroids or not, is a genetic mutation few possess, as thescience alludes to

    however, that said:
    good nutrition will still play a (minor) role in the overall value/picture of things..think of it this way - if you are genetic freak such as you state, and eat haphazardly, imagine if you put good nutrition into the picture..results increase..how much? won't know till you try, as you said
    but trust me, a well-nourished muscle, is a happy (and more productive) muscle

    now, if we are speaking of bodycomp and physique changes/improvement, in combination with benefit of to lifting portion of your equation above -- then certainly nutrition and proper attention to this aspect becomes not just important, rather THE most important thing, and obviously has to be combined with your first point of consistent training with overall plan/direction..whether you are gentic freak or not, good nutrition can only enhance the overall picture..and while some are blessed with a genetic freaky metabolism as well and look great even with crap diet - the improvement made by incorporating a well-balanced, thoughtful and rounded nutrition plan will add to those results exponentially
    Nutrition is important. Most people would get better results if they prioritized training, studied as much on training as they do on supplements, and ate right. You are correct though diet is key for appearance, but I have seen many powerlifters who have never worried about diet get down to contest shape and not worry about the muscle part of it. Anyone is 12-15 weeks away from being ripped if they carry enough muscle, no one is 12-15 weeks away from putting on quality muscle. What I am really saying is that if I look at the majority of members on most message boards, they obsess over diet, supps, drugs, and they think they know it all about training because they go in and hit 15 sets of chest on Mondays. I was a fat skinny kid before I started lifting weights. When I started deadlifting I could not deadlift 275 lbs and I was in my early 20's. I think I have average genetics, not great, not terrible. I am lucky in that I have the ability to bench well, because for my body type that is unusual. I have very long arms and am tall and thin framed. If someone wants to learn to bench they should read Josh Bryants new ebook on elitefts, not Flex magazine. I guarantee if you put 100 lbs on your bench your chest will fill out more than any cable crossovers can do.

  6. This is beef and egg protein no artificial sweeteners is this good stuff? Since carnivor is apparently low grade beef protein.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by liftandeat
    This is beef and egg protein no artificial sweeteners is this good stuff? Since carnivor is apparently low grade beef protein.
    I was talking about MHP Paleo protein.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    I use isopure
    I personally think ISotean is way better in taste and quality. You should give it a try

  9. Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    I use isopure
    horrible stuff
    you will not see me talk about other products/companies - but what I DO have a problem with here, is any product that uses ion-exchange for the method of processing..old, out-dated technology that destroys the nutritive properties of the protein itself..
    as a by-product of this degradation, it therefore contains more bcaa's -- and this is all you will hear about, in the marketing material for such companies who still use it

    nutrition is extremely important to me - and should be held in esteem, by everyone imho..
    this outdated "technology" simply runs counter to what I believe, and I find it distasteful
    •   
       


  10. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    horrible stuff
    you will not see me talk about other products/companies - but what I DO have a problem with here, is any product that uses ion-exchange for the method of processing..old, out-dated technology that destroys the nutritive properties of the protein itself..
    as a by-product of this degradation, it therefore contains more bcaa's -- and this is all you will hear about, in the marketing material for such companies who still use it

    nutrition is extremely important to me - and should be held in esteem, by everyone imho..
    this outdated "technology" simply runs counter to what I believe, and I find it distasteful
    Typically this is correct and if a protein company is buying their cheap raws from china it's probably the case.
    But this is not always the case.
    With current ion-exchange practices, all whey protein fractions can be preserved.(see here)

    I mainly mention this because high quality American companies like DavisCo use ion-exchange in generating their Whey Isolate and it retains an e****lent whey fraction profile. They even use ion exchange to generate their pure alpha-lactalbumin product (see here).

    It's not fair to marginalize companies like that, because of the poor practices of many other companies.

    Ultimately the point is, you get what you pay for. If a company is selling dirt cheap ion exchange isolate...well...you're probably sacrificing quality for price. But just because Glanbia has heavily marketed CFM as being superior to Ion-Exchange and are the big player doesn't mean it's the case by definition.

    If everyone took all of the money they've wasted on cheap poor quality supplements and overpriced bunk supplements and had just spent it on high quality products, then people would see that the prices really are worth it and probably even spend less money on supplements overall while getting better results.
    SNS Representative - DeeB@seriousnutritionsolutions .com

  11. Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    Typically this is correct and if a protein company is buying their cheap raws from china it's probably the case.
    But this is not always the case.
    With current ion-exchange practices, all whey protein fractions can be preserved.(see here)

    I mainly mention this because high quality American companies like DavisCo use ion-exchange in generating their Whey Isolate and it retains an e****lent whey fraction profile. They even use ion exchange to generate their pure alpha-lactalbumin product (see here).

    It's not fair to marginalize companies like that, because of the poor practices of many other companies.

    Ultimately the point is, you get what you pay for. If a company is selling dirt cheap ion exchange isolate...well...you're probably sacrificing quality for price. But just because Glanbia has heavily marketed CFM as being superior to Ion-Exchange and are the big player doesn't mean it's the case by definition.

    If everyone took all of the money they've wasted on cheap poor quality supplements and overpriced bunk supplements and had just spent it on high quality products, then people would see that the prices really are worth it and probably even spend less money on supplements overall while getting better results.
    interesting points, and I appreciate the contribution

    however, I do not think isopure falls into the category you reference here..if they do, it is something new and I am not aware..
    also - as I mention repeatedly: I prefer to get my nutrition from whole foods, quality sources with micros that I feel will benefit me..certainly I use my share of powders (not many!), but given the choice, I will use whole foods all the time; if I do use a powder, it will indeed be CFM, as imo this is far superior processing method hands down

    and, isopure is one of the most expensive powders in existence; your point about getting what you pay for - while generally I agree no doubt - would not seem to apply here

  12. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    interesting points, and I appreciate the contribution

    however, I do not think isopure falls into the category you reference here..if they do, it is something new and I am not aware..
    also - as I mention repeatedly: I prefer to get my nutrition from whole foods, quality sources with micros that I feel will benefit me..certainly I use my share of powders (not many!), but given the choice, I will use whole foods all the time; if I do use a powder, it will indeed be CFM, as imo this is far superior processing method hands down

    and, isopure is one of the most expensive powders in existence; your point about getting what you pay for - while generally I agree no doubt - would not seem to apply here
    You get what you pay for has a sort of bell curve to it. If the price is suspiciously high, well, you're getting what you deserve for being a sucker

    The only thing of Isopure's I like is their cocotein. It's incredible.
    SNS Representative - DeeB@seriousnutritionsolutions .com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post

    You get what you pay for has a sort of bell curve to it. If the price is suspiciously high, well, you're getting what you deserve for being a sucker

    The only thing of Isopure's I like is their cocotein. It's incredible.
    Thanks for calling me a sucker. I don't ever find it comical when companies are ripping off thousands of people. I'm not a ****ing scientist like the rest of you. How you all know so much about how isopure makes their protein is beyond me but ill take your advice for what its worth. But instead of being a dick and just telling me its bad why don't you make a recommendation. That would be wayyyy more constructive. So I hear isotean is good and isoflex by all max nutrition? What about you snagency what powder do you use?

  14. Isoflex and VPX SRO are great

  15. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Isoflex and VPX SRO are great
    I got the all natural version of isoflex. Its the same it just doesn't have all the extra junk in there I get enough of that from food and my other supplements. Thanks for the suggestion. Ill try the VPX brand after a few tubs of this..wish I could rep on this phone app but it allowed me to thank you..not sure if that feature does anything special lol

  16. Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Thanks for calling me a sucker. I don't ever find it comical when companies are ripping off thousands of people. I'm not a ****ing scientist like the rest of you. How you all know so much about how isopure makes their protein is beyond me but ill take your advice for what its worth. But instead of being a dick and just telling me its bad why don't you make a recommendation. That would be wayyyy more constructive. So I hear isotean is good and isoflex by all max nutrition? What about you snagency what powder do you use?
    dang dude, take a chill pill at least you know more now, than you did before
    nobody ever seems to be happy with things these days - they always want more ..

    I won't advise a powder, pure and simple powders are not my preference, and I prefer real food, as I have already said
    but, when I do utilize powders I use variety of CFM proteins, including a few different isolates and hydrolysates mainly, some blends for night/thru day if I am utilizing more (tho because I eat frequently, for the most part I find isolates suitable for my needs)

  17. my suggestion is to stop wasting money on protein powders and eat more food
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced View Post
    I'm feelin the love.

  18. S.N.S. Rep

    T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Low GI Post workout drink, really???
    By Draven in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 02:19 PM
  2. Best Post Workout Shake
    By TimberLakers in forum Recipes
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 11:39 PM
  3. Best Pre-Workout thing without caffeine
    By zimso in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-17-2007, 09:57 PM
  4. BEST POST WORKOUT SHAKE
    By PH3 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 04:42 PM
  5. Post-workout drink: water or milk?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 04:01 PM
Log in
Log in