Best Post Workout Drink without Dairy

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    And here we go.....
    not from me bro..i said I was done
    why the focus continues to be on snagz here really is quite puzzling

so how you doin today mang?

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.6%

Muscle meds Carnivore. Beef protein. And it's fairly cheap
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    I am now trying All Max Nutrition Isolfex straight away after training. 30 to 60 minutes after, I take a meal.Appreciate all the responses, thanks.
    Where do you "take" your meal?. I like to take mine to my desk and eat it while I'm using the computer.
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.27%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by liftandeat View Post
    Muscle meds Carnivore. Beef protein. And it's fairly cheap
    Much better options and better value.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Much better options and better value.
    agreed
    carnivore a very poor source of beef (gelatin in fact, substandard protein)

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    bcaa in postWO timeframe is good..dunno if I would replace protein intake in this timeframe with it tho

there are many straight isolates that contain no lactose, stop looking at blends if this your goal

barring that: simply have a can of tuna for your postWO protein..problem solved
    I guess my post here - the very first in response to this entire thread from anybody, a week ago in fact - is quite simply the best answer, for the thread question at hand

glad to help
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.25%

Jay Robb Egg protein
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.05%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    Folks,

I've tried Gaspari Intrapro, Myofusion, Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey, and then a various number of other uk bulk suppliers of Whey isolates, concentrates and blends. With whey coming from dairy it has lactose in it, which causes me bloating and I look a lot heavier .

I've come to a point where I know the current whey i have tried, doesn't suit me.

Has anyone come up with a decent post workout drink that doesn't contain any dairy? Either one they've purchased or made

I might look for only a BCAA drink to take post training. Anyone highly recommend one?

Thanks
    a lot of people avoid dairy because of lactose intolerance, though there are some who avoid it because of dairy allergies. in the case of lactose intolerance, there are plenty of dairy proteins that are lactose free, though you have to check the labels. essentiall, if the product claims to have no grams of sugar in it, it doesn't have lactose, though is some cases the milligrams can add up if a lot of servings were taken. there is also lactase pills that can be taken before eating dairy to digest any lactose in foods. I worry about anyone avoiding dairy because calcium aint anywhere else at any decent amount, unless youre going to eat a few cups of seseme seeds a day or 10 servings of kale DAILY. sure, you can find it added to food, but remember that's only supplemental calcium, often as carbonate (so poorly absorbed its used as a antacid because its not going into the bloodstream mostly) and a far cry from the bone-building, tissue oxygenating matrix that milk offers (containing high calcium, phosphorus, vitamin A, vitamin K etc).

in the case of a dairy allergy, that's another matter, though ive seen plans people have used to overcome the allergy if it was something they didn't always have (ie and therefore accrued from nutritional depletions)
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

A lot of options out there if you have to avoid dairy for post workout.
    To name a few
    Hemp
    Rice
    Pea
    Bcaas
    Egg
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.71%

When it comes to post workouts I really look for a product that is going to increase my ability to recover. MGN makes a great product out there called Recovery 911. I use this after all my workouts and it works really well. I really enjoy it. I can send you samples of this product if you like. Please let me know. Send me a PM.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.66%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

not from me bro..i said I was done
    why the focus continues to be on snagz here really is quite puzzling

so how you doin today mang?
    Well hello...
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.02%

Quote Originally Posted by PricePlow View Post
    Pure isolates are great for most people... but have you tried pea protein? AI Sports makes one that's a pea protein / rice protein mix. Maybe it'll work better for you.
    I have this mixed from TrueProtein. I try not to eat dairy so I started using it. I am gave up red meat 2 years ago and poutry 1 year ago so I use a little powder here and there.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%

You could try eating or if you don't have time try an Isolate like Isotean. I would guess Compete would be an adequate source with its low dose of fast absorption protein. I always drink a shake and eat a meal immediately post workout. I drink the shake on the way home and eat as soon as I get there.
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%

Quote Originally Posted by jcp2 View Post
    I have this mixed from TrueProtein. I try not to eat dairy so I started using it. I am gave up red meat 2 years ago and poutry 1 year ago so I use a little powder here and there.
    wow you have really limited your options there haven't you?
    I could not live w/o red meat myself; no steak? no way
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.02%

wow you have really limited your options there haven't you?
    I could not live w/o red meat myself; no steak? no way
    Yeah, I took some time off training and am getting back now. It seems my protein intake has not limited me yet as my bench was back over 400. Deadlift is creeping back up as well, I was a mid 600 puller and mid 400 bencher. I will see how it goes, as I feel better eating eggs, fish, and protein powder than I did eating meat. I eat a lot of lentils as well. I take BCAA's during workouts also.
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.71%

I think if you are looking for protein food is probably going to be your best bet. Do you cook at all? I would grill up some chicken and cook some steak or hamburgers for protein. These are all non dairy. What about fish? Tuna has tons of protein in one can. You can try that too
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.05%

Yeah, I took some time off training and am getting back now. It seems my protein intake has not limited me yet as my bench was back over 400. Deadlift is creeping back up as well, I was a mid 600 puller and mid 400 bencher. I will see how it goes, as I feel better eating eggs, fish, and protein powder than I did eating meat. I eat a lot of lentils as well. I take BCAA's during workouts also.
    did you say benching 400lbs? anyone benching 300lbs belongs to a special category comprising 1% of all lifters. anyone benching 400lbs (while omitting an entire food group) truly has a gift
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.02%

Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    did you say benching 400lbs? anyone benching 300lbs belongs to a special category comprising 1% of all lifters. anyone benching 400lbs (while omitting an entire food group) truly has a gift
    I am 36, and have been lifting a long time. My goals are a 700 dead and a 500 raw bench. I have some leg issues so squatting is done just not to the level it would allow me to compete or work up to 1 rep maxes. I started box squatting raw. I have to go see an orthopedic surgeon to see if it can be fixed but I have pretty stressful job that would not allow me to deal with surgery recovery if it was extensive. The key to lifting is not diet or supplements, it is consistency over a long period of time and a somewhat laid out plan. I am curious if my diet will hinder me or not. I don't know yet. We will see. I have to start a training log soon so maybe I will put one up here.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.05%

I am 36, and have been lifting a long time. My goals are a 700 dead and a 500 raw bench. I have some leg issues so squatting is done just not to the level it would allow me to compete or work up to 1 rep maxes. I started box squatting raw. I have to go see an orthopedic surgeon to see if it can be fixed but I have pretty stressful job that would not allow me to deal with surgery recovery if it was extensive. The key to lifting is not diet or supplements, it is consistency over a long period of time and a somewhat laid out plan. I am curious if my diet will hinder me or not. I don't know yet. We will see. I have to start a training log soon so maybe I will put one up here.
    500lbs is a big goal for a bench; jay culter can bench 495, so youre talking about outbenching him; are you saying youre a prolifter? if not, I cant imagine why you wouldn't want some sponsors
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%

The key to lifting is not diet or supplements, it is consistency over a long period of time and a somewhat laid out plan. I am curious if my diet will hinder me or not. I don't know yet.
    very interesting (and curious) statement
    broken down:
    I agree the key to solely lifting = simply this, consistency in training over a long period of time and a somewhat laid out plan
    and genetics come into play hugely, which you mention nowhere..to have #s and strength of that stature, whether you are are steroids or not, is a genetic mutation few possess, as thescience alludes to

however, that said:
    good nutrition will still play a (minor) role in the overall value/picture of things..think of it this way - if you are genetic freak such as you state, and eat haphazardly, imagine if you put good nutrition into the picture..results increase..how much? won't know till you try, as you said
    but trust me, a well-nourished muscle, is a happy (and more productive) muscle

now, if we are speaking of bodycomp and physique changes/improvement, in combination with benefit of to lifting portion of your equation above -- then certainly nutrition and proper attention to this aspect becomes not just important, rather THE most important thing, and obviously has to be combined with your first point of consistent training with overall plan/direction..whether you are gentic freak or not, good nutrition can only enhance the overall picture..and while some are blessed with a genetic freaky metabolism as well and look great even with crap diet - the improvement made by incorporating a well-balanced, thoughtful and rounded nutrition plan will add to those results exponentially
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.05%

Name:  muslce.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  11.5 KB
  21. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.83%

Name:  muslce.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  11.5 KB

What the hell is that?
    S.N.S. Rep

22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.05%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    What the hell is that?
    I know. I just saw that online. all this time working out when I could've just gotten computer-generated..
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    What the hell is that?
    you haven't seen that one?
    been around for couple yrs now, in fact I think some guys were using it as avi for awhile there
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.02%

500lbs is a big goal for a bench; jay culter can bench 495, so youre talking about outbenching him; are you saying youre a prolifter? if not, I cant imagine why you wouldn't want some sponsors
    Not a pro lifter, my best bench raw was 445 with a comp pause and drug free in the gym. I used to train in shirts so I never really worked on my raw bench for extended periods. I am terrible in a shirt. I need goals to chase, but that one I think is pretty attainable over time. Powerlifting was very tough for me as I work a lot and in an industry where I cannot say I am going to be at the gym at this time regularly. Without turning this into a long story I now have a gym in my basement at work that suits my needs and I train at lunch and bench on Friday after work with a coworker. Also don't look to bodybuilders to be strong, that is not their game, I trained at Strong and Shapely in NJ for years and a bunch of pros and high level amateurs were there from time to time. Most are no where near as strong as strength athletes. Ronnie Coleman is one of the exceptions.
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.02%

very interesting (and curious) statement
    broken down:
    I agree the key to solely lifting = simply this, consistency in training over a long period of time and a somewhat laid out plan
    and genetics come into play hugely, which you mention nowhere..to have #s and strength of that stature, whether you are are steroids or not, is a genetic mutation few possess, as thescience alludes to

however, that said:
    good nutrition will still play a (minor) role in the overall value/picture of things..think of it this way - if you are genetic freak such as you state, and eat haphazardly, imagine if you put good nutrition into the picture..results increase..how much? won't know till you try, as you said
    but trust me, a well-nourished muscle, is a happy (and more productive) muscle

now, if we are speaking of bodycomp and physique changes/improvement, in combination with benefit of to lifting portion of your equation above -- then certainly nutrition and proper attention to this aspect becomes not just important, rather THE most important thing, and obviously has to be combined with your first point of consistent training with overall plan/direction..whether you are gentic freak or not, good nutrition can only enhance the overall picture..and while some are blessed with a genetic freaky metabolism as well and look great even with crap diet - the improvement made by incorporating a well-balanced, thoughtful and rounded nutrition plan will add to those results exponentially
    Nutrition is important. Most people would get better results if they prioritized training, studied as much on training as they do on supplements, and ate right. You are correct though diet is key for appearance, but I have seen many powerlifters who have never worried about diet get down to contest shape and not worry about the muscle part of it. Anyone is 12-15 weeks away from being ripped if they carry enough muscle, no one is 12-15 weeks away from putting on quality muscle. What I am really saying is that if I look at the majority of members on most message boards, they obsess over diet, supps, drugs, and they think they know it all about training because they go in and hit 15 sets of chest on Mondays. I was a fat skinny kid before I started lifting weights. When I started deadlifting I could not deadlift 275 lbs and I was in my early 20's. I think I have average genetics, not great, not terrible. I am lucky in that I have the ability to bench well, because for my body type that is unusual. I have very long arms and am tall and thin framed. If someone wants to learn to bench they should read Josh Bryants new ebook on elitefts, not Flex magazine. I guarantee if you put 100 lbs on your bench your chest will fill out more than any cable crossovers can do.
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.6%

This is beef and egg protein no artificial sweeteners is this good stuff? Since carnivor is apparently low grade beef protein.
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.6%

Quote Originally Posted by liftandeat
    This is beef and egg protein no artificial sweeteners is this good stuff? Since carnivor is apparently low grade beef protein.
    I was talking about MHP Paleo protein.
  28. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%

I use isopure
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.04%

Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    I use isopure
    I personally think ISotean is way better in taste and quality. You should give it a try
    Myokem Rep 15% Off @ Myokem.com use code dkgreene15
    NITRAMINE-Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINEHigh Performance Thermogenic Agent |MAGNITROPIN-High Performance Myotropic Agent |ALPHADEX-High Performance Hormone Modulator
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%

I use isopure
    horrible stuff
    you will not see me talk about other products/companies - but what I DO have a problem with here, is any product that uses ion-exchange for the method of processing..old, out-dated technology that destroys the nutritive properties of the protein itself..
    as a by-product of this degradation, it therefore contains more bcaa's -- and this is all you will hear about, in the marketing material for such companies who still use it

nutrition is extremely important to me - and should be held in esteem, by everyone imho..
    this outdated "technology" simply runs counter to what I believe, and I find it distasteful
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.72%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityPosting ProActivity Pro

horrible stuff
    you will not see me talk about other products/companies - but what I DO have a problem with here, is any product that uses ion-exchange for the method of processing..old, out-dated technology that destroys the nutritive properties of the protein itself..
    as a by-product of this degradation, it therefore contains more bcaa's -- and this is all you will hear about, in the marketing material for such companies who still use it

nutrition is extremely important to me - and should be held in esteem, by everyone imho..
    this outdated "technology" simply runs counter to what I believe, and I find it distasteful
    Typically this is correct and if a protein company is buying their cheap raws from china it's probably the case.
    But this is not always the case.
    With current ion-exchange practices, all whey protein fractions can be preserved.(see here)

I mainly mention this because high quality American companies like DavisCo use ion-exchange in generating their Whey Isolate and it retains an excellent whey fraction profile. They even use ion exchange to generate their pure alpha-lactalbumin product (see here).

It's not fair to marginalize companies like that, because of the poor practices of many other companies.

Ultimately the point is, you get what you pay for. If a company is selling dirt cheap ion exchange isolate...well...you're probably sacrificing quality for price. But just because Glanbia has heavily marketed CFM as being superior to Ion-Exchange and are the big player doesn't mean it's the case by definition.

If everyone took all of the money they've wasted on cheap poor quality supplements and overpriced bunk supplements and had just spent it on high quality products, then people would see that the prices really are worth it and probably even spend less money on supplements overall while getting better results.
    SNS Representative - DeeB@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%

Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    Typically this is correct and if a protein company is buying their cheap raws from china it's probably the case.
    But this is not always the case.
    With current ion-exchange practices, all whey protein fractions can be preserved.(see here)

I mainly mention this because high quality American companies like DavisCo use ion-exchange in generating their Whey Isolate and it retains an excellent whey fraction profile. They even use ion exchange to generate their pure alpha-lactalbumin product (see here).

It's not fair to marginalize companies like that, because of the poor practices of many other companies.

Ultimately the point is, you get what you pay for. If a company is selling dirt cheap ion exchange isolate...well...you're probably sacrificing quality for price. But just because Glanbia has heavily marketed CFM as being superior to Ion-Exchange and are the big player doesn't mean it's the case by definition.

If everyone took all of the money they've wasted on cheap poor quality supplements and overpriced bunk supplements and had just spent it on high quality products, then people would see that the prices really are worth it and probably even spend less money on supplements overall while getting better results.
    interesting points, and I appreciate the contribution

however, I do not think isopure falls into the category you reference here..if they do, it is something new and I am not aware..
    also - as I mention repeatedly: I prefer to get my nutrition from whole foods, quality sources with micros that I feel will benefit me..certainly I use my share of powders (not many!), but given the choice, I will use whole foods all the time; if I do use a powder, it will indeed be CFM, as imo this is far superior processing method hands down

and, isopure is one of the most expensive powders in existence; your point about getting what you pay for - while generally I agree no doubt - would not seem to apply here
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.72%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityPosting ProActivity Pro

interesting points, and I appreciate the contribution

however, I do not think isopure falls into the category you reference here..if they do, it is something new and I am not aware..
    also - as I mention repeatedly: I prefer to get my nutrition from whole foods, quality sources with micros that I feel will benefit me..certainly I use my share of powders (not many!), but given the choice, I will use whole foods all the time; if I do use a powder, it will indeed be CFM, as imo this is far superior processing method hands down

and, isopure is one of the most expensive powders in existence; your point about getting what you pay for - while generally I agree no doubt - would not seem to apply here
    You get what you pay for has a sort of bell curve to it. If the price is suspiciously high, well, you're getting what you deserve for being a sucker

The only thing of Isopure's I like is their cocotein. It's incredible.
    SNS Representative - DeeB@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  34. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%

Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post

You get what you pay for has a sort of bell curve to it. If the price is suspiciously high, well, you're getting what you deserve for being a sucker

The only thing of Isopure's I like is their cocotein. It's incredible.
    Thanks for calling me a sucker. I don't ever find it comical when companies are ripping off thousands of people. I'm not a ****ing scientist like the rest of you. How you all know so much about how isopure makes their protein is beyond me but ill take your advice for what its worth. But instead of being a dick and just telling me its bad why don't you make a recommendation. That would be wayyyy more constructive. So I hear isotean is good and isoflex by all max nutrition? What about you snagency what powder do you use?
  35. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.67%

Isoflex and VPX SRO are great
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  36. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Isoflex and VPX SRO are great
    I got the all natural version of isoflex. Its the same it just doesn't have all the extra junk in there I get enough of that from food and my other supplements. Thanks for the suggestion. Ill try the VPX brand after a few tubs of this..wish I could rep on this phone app but it allowed me to thank you..not sure if that feature does anything special lol
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.87%

Thanks for calling me a sucker. I don't ever find it comical when companies are ripping off thousands of people. I'm not a ****ing scientist like the rest of you. How you all know so much about how isopure makes their protein is beyond me but ill take your advice for what its worth. But instead of being a dick and just telling me its bad why don't you make a recommendation. That would be wayyyy more constructive. So I hear isotean is good and isoflex by all max nutrition? What about you snagency what powder do you use?
    dang dude, take a chill pill at least you know more now, than you did before
    nobody ever seems to be happy with things these days - they always want more ..

I won't advise a powder, pure and simple powders are not my preference, and I prefer real food, as I have already said
    but, when I do utilize powders I use variety of CFM proteins, including a few different isolates and hydrolysates mainly, some blends for night/thru day if I am utilizing more (tho because I eat frequently, for the most part I find isolates suitable for my needs)
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.77%

my suggestion is to stop wasting money on protein powders and eat more food
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced View Post
    I'm feelin the love.
  39. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.83%

S.N.S. Rep

Similar Forum Threads

1. Low GI Post workout drink, really???
    By Draven in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 02:19 PM
  2. Best Post Workout Shake
    By TimberLakers in forum Recipes
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 11:39 PM
  3. Best Pre-Workout thing without caffeine