Best Post Workout Drink without Dairy

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    Egg protein has as much BCAA content as whey, consider giving that a try.
    well..considering the issue and aim behind taking egg in place of whey is not higher bcaa content, this post would seem to be very inconsequential
    egg gives a different amino profile than does whey, pure and simple..there is a faction of belief that when you get down to finite basics, a better-balanced amino profile - from multiple sources - is better and more effective than one simple source alone
    but since you seem to think all aminos are the same, perhaps you don't grasp or embrace that concept


    Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    I've never tried it alone, have you? Heard the taste can be hard to mask.
    it is - can have all the flavoring in the world, does not matter..a different taste, and a different thicker texture


  2. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    it is - can have all the flavoring in the world, does not matter..a different taste, and a different thicker texture
    Interesting. I've never had the desire to try it because I have no issues with lactose. Maybe some day I'll try a sample for sh!ts and gigs.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    well..considering the issue and aim behind taking egg in place of whey is not higher bcaa content, this post would seem to be very inconsequential
    egg gives a different amino profile than does whey, pure and simple..there is a faction of belief that when you get down to finite basics, a better-balanced amino profile - from multiple sources - is better and more effective than one simple source alone
    but since you seem to think all aminos are the same, perhaps you don't grasp or embrace that concept
    When have I ever said amino acid profile doesn't matter? I said a given free form amino acid source, with the same profile doesn't matter.

    E.g. If your free form SAA product and free form amino acids from another source are consumed in the exact same ratio, with no active peptides involved, the exact same effects will be observed.

    But since we're resorting to personal attacks (again), lets just get this out of the way: What you don't seem to grasp is literally anything to do with science whatsoever, as your history of commentary in this industry clearly demonstrates. I strongly suggest you cease addressing me in threads, because while your arrogant bull**** might get other people to leave you alone because they don't want to deal with your rage or threats to rape them, I have no issue confronting you.

    --

    Back on topic:

    The amino acid profile of various non-dairy protein sources is generally inferior for muscle-building purposes.
    Egg however, while being more expensive than other non-dairy protein still has the same BCAA levels as dairy-derived protein products.
    SNS Representative - [email protected] .com

  4. Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    I've never tried it alone, have you? Heard the taste can be hard to mask.
    I have, it's not great, but for people with severe dairy sensitivity it's a great option.

    Unfortunately, the market for that is much smaller than the broader protein market, so less focus is given on it and making it taste as good as some of the excellent flavoring done on whey.
    SNS Representative - [email protected] .com

  5. Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    But since we're resorting to personal attacks (again), lets just get this out of the way: What you don't seem to grasp is literally anything to do with science whatsoever, as your history of commentary in this industry clearly demonstrates. I strongly suggest you cease addressing me in threads, because while your arrogant bull**** might get other people to leave you alone because they don't want to deal with your rage or threats to rape them, I have no issue confronting you.
    lqtm

    and you accuse me of personal attacks:
    really buddy, how old are you? quite juvenile
    you made a post suggesting whey in place of egg, specifying same bcaa content
    my .02 is, you miss the point entirely of why someone takes egg to begin with

    always intent on starting shyte, aren't you?
    sheesh..no worries on ignoring you, i'll let you run rampant with your chosen mentality
    you take care

    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by someone View Post
    you made a post suggesting whey in place of egg, specifying same bcaa content
    my .02 is, you miss the point entirely of why someone takes egg to begin with
    In this case they would be taking it as an alternative to dairy-based protein for post workout purposes.
    For which Egg relatively closely mimics the desired parts of the whey protein amino acid profile.

    Which is the entire purpose of the thread being started.
    SNS Representative - [email protected] .com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    lqtm

    and you accuse me of personal attacks:
    really buddy, how old are you? quite juvenile
    you made a post suggesting whey in place of egg, specifying same bcaa content
    my .02 is, you miss the point entirely of why someone takes egg to begin with

    always intent on starting shyte, aren't you?
    sheesh..no worries on ignoring you, i'll let you run rampant with your chosen mentality
    you take care

    Meh, I would consider this a "personal attack/attempt at belittlement" as well: The legal supplement that impressed you most

  8. How about eat a meal (some steak rice and broccoli) and top it off with some Red Velvet Protein by iForce for Dessert! That sounds like a good thing post workout

  9. Quote Originally Posted by dkgreene88 View Post
    How about eat a meal (some steak rice and broccoli) and top it off with some Red Velvet Protein by iForce for Dessert! That sounds like a good thing post workout
    I like that - but (and nothing at all against your chosen shake) if you are consuming decent-sized portion of steak, why bother with shake at all?
    unless, you want a more diverse amino profile

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Meh, I would consider this a "personal attack/attempt at belittlement" as well: The legal supplement that impressed you most
    i mean..just wow bro - was this a serious post?
    perceptions are indeed funny things
    if I may share my perception with you sir (without you claiming I am personally attacking you): a fine example of an attack is, getting involved in something you are not even involved in to begin with, to make a point(??) - and digging deep to find a 7 month old thread/exchange to "prove your point" - which on my end was simply nothing more than discussion/exchange of ideas to share a differnet opinion/perspective than what you had shared yourself (while getting involved in the discussion to begin with out of blue, when I was not even directing anything to you to begin with in that particular thread --- oh kinda like shades of what has transpired here?)



    but, what do I know?
    (inb4 that was another personal attack....)

    I think some of you need to get out into the real world and off the internet for awhile, live life, enjoy it and stop sweating the small stuff
    a different perspective can do wonders for your well-being

  10. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post

    i mean..just wow bro - was this a serious post?
    perceptions are indeed funny things
    if I may share my perception with you sir (without you claiming I am personally attacking you): a fine example of an attack is, getting involved in something you are not even involved in to begin with, to make a point(??) - and digging deep to find a 7 month old thread/exchange to "prove your point" - which on my end was simply nothing more than discussion/exchange of ideas to share a differnet opinion/perspective than what you had shared yourself (while getting involved in the discussion to begin with out of blue, when I was not even directing anything to you to begin with in that particular thread --- oh kinda like shades of what has transpired here?)



    but, what do I know?
    (inb4 that was another personal attack....)

    I think some of you need to get out into the real world and off the internet for awhile, live life, enjoy it and stop sweating the small stuff
    a different perspective can do wonders for your well-being
    That was accidentally dug up, as I came across it yesterday, then recalled it for today. I was insinuating your history of rants. You don't appear to give your opinion/perspective in a respectful way. I'm all for debates where we can all learn something, but telling de_eb, "but since you seem to think all aminos are the same, perhaps you don't grasp or embrace that concept", comes across at belittling and showcases an overabundance of arrogance on your behalf when in fact it was not simply needed.

    I thought what you said to me via PM was fine enough and I respected that, however now you felt the need to reiterate for everyone to see.. why? lol.

    And for your notion of me "randomly" helping out de_eb or my "lack of involvement" with him.. this isn't the only online forum.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    And for your notion of me "randomly" helping out de_eb or my "lack of involvement" with him.. this isn't the only online forum.
    well we can end this right now then bud, how's that?
    but one last thing: so what I will infer then (since there is all this assumption and inferring going on to begin with), is that you and deeb are buddies on other forums, and you felt the need - even tho nothing had been said to you except for my helpful post discussing egg protein powders that you made mention about - to stick up for your buddy..
    I see. shrewd, man

    no worries, and take care

  12. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    well we can end this right now then bud, how's that?
    but one last thing: so what I will infer then (since there is all this assumption and inferring going on to begin with), is that you and deeb are buddies on other forums, and you felt the need - even tho nothing had been said to you except for my helpful post discussing egg protein powders that you made mention about - to stick up for your buddy..
    I see. shrewd, man

    no worries, and take care
    Not at all actually, I meant that it wasn't "random" for him and I to have similar thoughts on some concepts. I clearly didn't enunciate that at all, though.. that was my bad.

    I don't really care to take this thread even more tangent then it is, nor do I care for interwebz wars, so back to the topic.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    well we can end this right now then bud, how's that?
    but one last thing: so what I will infer then (since there is all this assumption and inferring going on to begin with), is that you and deeb are buddies on other forums, and you felt the need - even tho nothing had been said to you except for my helpful post discussing egg protein powders that you made mention about - to stick up for your buddy..
    I see. shrewd, man

    no worries, and take care
    Nobody attacked you, mentioned you, or wanted anything to do with you in this thread.

    You came in and decided to try to insult my knowledge of amino acids. Firstly, your post was completely irrelevant to the topic of the thread where someone is looking for an alternative to dairy protein. Additionally, you have repeatedly demonstrated your lack of understanding of what an amino acid profile even means in the SAA thread, or how free form amino acids even function. I'm not going to sit back while you show up being a loud-mouthed ass in yet another thread.

    Aaron pointed out other instances of you doing the same thing.

    Stop trying to play the victim as if people are jumping on you and harassing you when you show up in threads and instigate things.
    SNS Representative - [email protected] .com

  14. And here we go.....
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com

  15. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    And here we go.....

  16. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    And here we go.....
    not from me bro..i said I was done
    why the focus continues to be on snagz here really is quite puzzling

    so how you doin today mang?

  17. Muscle meds Carnivore. Beef protein. And it's fairly cheap

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    I am now trying All Max Nutrition Isolfex straight away after training. 30 to 60 minutes after, I take a meal.Appreciate all the responses, thanks.
    Where do you "take" your meal?. I like to take mine to my desk and eat it while I'm using the computer.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by liftandeat View Post
    Muscle meds Carnivore. Beef protein. And it's fairly cheap
    Much better options and better value.
    PEScience Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    Instagram: kylebayne23

  20. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Much better options and better value.
    agreed
    carnivore a very poor source of beef (gelatin in fact, substandard protein)





    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    bcaa in postWO timeframe is good..dunno if I would replace protein intake in this timeframe with it tho

    there are many straight isolates that contain no lactose, stop looking at blends if this your goal

    barring that: simply have a can of tuna for your postWO protein..problem solved
    I guess my post here - the very first in response to this entire thread from anybody, a week ago in fact - is quite simply the best answer, for the thread question at hand

    glad to help

  21. Jay Robb Egg protein

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    Folks,

    I've tried Gaspari Intrapro, Myofusion, Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey, and then a various number of other uk bulk suppliers of Whey isolates, concentrates and blends. With whey coming from dairy it has lactose in it, which causes me bloating and I look a lot heavier .

    I've come to a point where I know the current whey i have tried, doesn't suit me.

    Has anyone come up with a decent post workout drink that doesn't contain any dairy? Either one they've purchased or made

    I might look for only a BCAA drink to take post training. Anyone highly recommend one?

    Thanks
    a lot of people avoid dairy because of lactose intolerance, though there are some who avoid it because of dairy allergies. in the case of lactose intolerance, there are plenty of dairy proteins that are lactose free, though you have to check the labels. essentiall, if the product claims to have no grams of sugar in it, it doesn't have lactose, though is some cases the milligrams can add up if a lot of servings were taken. there is also lactase pills that can be taken before eating dairy to digest any lactose in foods. I worry about anyone avoiding dairy because calcium aint anywhere else at any decent amount, unless youre going to eat a few cups of seseme seeds a day or 10 servings of kale DAILY. sure, you can find it added to food, but remember that's only supplemental calcium, often as carbonate (so poorly absorbed its used as a antacid because its not going into the bloodstream mostly) and a far cry from the bone-building, tissue oxygenating matrix that milk offers (containing high calcium, phosphorus, vitamin A, vitamin K etc).

    in the case of a dairy allergy, that's another matter, though ive seen plans people have used to overcome the allergy if it was something they didn't always have (ie and therefore accrued from nutritional depletions)

  23. A lot of options out there if you have to avoid dairy for post workout.
    To name a few
    Hemp
    Rice
    Pea
    Bcaas
    Egg
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE

  24. When it comes to post workouts I really look for a product that is going to increase my ability to recover. MGN makes a great product out there called Recovery 911. I use this after all my workouts and it works really well. I really enjoy it. I can send you samples of this product if you like. Please let me know. Send me a PM.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    not from me bro..i said I was done
    why the focus continues to be on snagz here really is quite puzzling

    so how you doin today mang?
    Well hello...
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Low GI Post workout drink, really???
    By Draven in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 02:19 PM
  2. Best Post Workout Shake
    By TimberLakers in forum Recipes
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 11:39 PM
  3. Best Pre-Workout thing without caffeine
    By zimso in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-17-2007, 09:57 PM
  4. BEST POST WORKOUT SHAKE
    By PH3 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 04:42 PM
  5. Post-workout drink: water or milk?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 04:01 PM
Log in
Log in