please help

drew18

Awards
About 2 months ago i took a troipinol xp and alphamine and it was a good stack for me and really leaned me out. I took an 8 week cycle of the tropinol xp but i didnt really add on strength or size just helped burn fat and leaned me out. I want to take alphamine again because i still have some fat i would like to burn. But i want something that would help me add muscle size but not fat. My diet is pretty good just goes out of the window some weekends. I have thought about taking hdrol my friend took it and it really worked for him but im not sure what route i want to take. Please help. I want the tight body look not a plump look.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No go on the hdrol. Hold of on hormones until you can no longer achieve what you want naturally. How old are ya?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You have to decide what your goals really are...if you want more size you aren't going to achieve that in a short time while leaning out. Gaining strength and size will come more from a surplus than adding in a supplement on top of what you are doing if it isn't already going in the right direction.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
About 2 months ago i took a troipinol xp and alphamine and it was a good stack for me and really leaned me out. I took an 8 week cycle of the tropinol xp but i didnt really add on strength or size just helped burn fat and leaned me out. I want to take alphamine again because i still have some fat i would like to burn. But i want something that would help me add muscle size but not fat. My diet is pretty good just goes out of the window some weekends. I have thought about taking hdrol my friend took it and it really worked for him but im not sure what route i want to take. Please help. I want the tight body look not a plump look.
You have three options. First off, it's impossible to cut fat and gain noticeable size in a short amount of time. You can :

Clean bulk
Cut
Recomp

No on hdrol. U obviously aren't experienced in supplements yet better yet a steroid. And yes, hdrol is a steroid.

Supplements to consider:
Anabeta, anabeta elite, DAA, erase, mass fx, igf2,hghup

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
What do you guys consider the differences between a 'clean bulk' and a 'recomp'

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Personally Id say a clean bulk is eating 250-300 kcal above tdee on a daily basis with generally "clean(ish)" foods. Recomp id say is eating 250-500 above tdee on lifting days and 250-500 under tdee on non workout days.

drew18

Awards
I am 24 yrs old. I guess instead of "size" i want more muscle fullness. Would alphamine and anabeta be good together? Would anabeta be better then tropinol xp? I would probobly say i recomp with my calories while im training

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alphamine and Anabeta would be great. Forskolin would be a good edition, or get Anabeta Elite which contains forskolin. I go for what's on sale ;) I don't know much about Tropinol..bulbine product?

drew18

Awards
Iforce nutrition. How many calories should i be taking in off and on training days. And what style of lifting should i do as in weight to rep ratio? Light weight high reps high weight low reps or medium weight medium reps

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well jswain told ya what to do for a recomp. You can play around with cycling your carbs as well. You need to calculate your TDEE. Google it. There's calculators. That tells you how many calories you need in a day based on your activity levels

As for training? That's a broad question man. I like a Lower/Upper/Lower/Upper split based on compound movements. What do you want to accomplish? Strength? Looks only? What do you normally do?

drew18

Awards
I want to accomplish looks with strength. I usually do medium weight with about 12-15 reps 4-5 sets. With compound lifts i do 5x5x5 atleast one compound lift per training day. Try training 5-6 days per week. But i do need to switch things up

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Screw lifting weights 6 times a week. I train 4x a week and am in greater shape and stronger than I ever have been.

I'm partial to Jim Wendler 5/3/1 although there are several other programs that you would benefit from. 5x5 routines. WSB4SB, Starting Strength, Layne Norton's PHAT

The looks will come from diet. Vary your reps/sets/volume/intensity.

http://store.jimwendler.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=5312edebook

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/periodization_nuts_and_bolts

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006XJR5ZA/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/181-9661878-7542000

http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/38-articles/65-westside-for-skinny-bastards-part3.html

http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
OP, lots of great advice in here by a bunch a great guys.

I agree, no need to go hormonal bud. If you say you want the lean and full look, then my advice is to properly cut down to a lean "you" say 8-10%, then I would slowly begin to build upon that.
I see no point In bulking and putting on as much fat as muscle. Remember slow gains equal sustainable gains my friend. We are all in this for the long haul, and the idea is to make this a lifestyle change.

As far as supps, I'm a fan of alphamine and anabeta. Another option that I prefer is our OxyELITE Pro® Super Thermo Powder. I prefer this because the yohimbine in alphamine is a bit much for me at times and I had no issues with OEP Thermo powder.

Remember supplements only add to an already sound nutrition and training program. If you need any help with setting up your nutrition or anything else please ask bud.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Clean bulk is putting on muscle with some fat but not alot. Recomp is minimal to no fat gain. All muscle. Very slow process

I recomp by eating a clean bulk diet but increasing cardio.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Great advice in the thread. I would personally broaden out the rep range and set range to 6-12 (or 8-15 etc) with sets from 3-6. Then each week dedicate to one rep range and one set range (e.g. aim for 12 [maybe like 2 short of failure if you're new] with 3 sets then the following week aim for 10 reps (again, 2 SOF [so you should be increasing the weight relative to the rep range being used] at 3-4 sets and so on and so forth.

After a month or 6 weeks etc, do a deload and increase the baseline weight you want to use and start over again.

Programs like 5/3/1 and 5x5 are great as well; in fact this would be my recommendation. Then play around with accessories (i.e. hypertrophy specific) whilst doing the programs.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great advice in the thread. I would personally broaden out the rep range and set range to 6-12 (or 8-15 etc) with sets from 3-6. Then each week dedicate to one rep range and one set range (e.g. aim for 12 [maybe like 2 short of failure if you're new] with 3 sets then the following week aim for 10 reps (again, 2 SOF [so you should be increasing the weight relative to the rep range being used] at 3-4 sets and so on and so forth.

After a month or 6 weeks etc, do a deload and increase the baseline weight you want to use and start over again.

Programs like 5/3/1 and 5x5 are great as well; in fact this would be my recommendation. Then play around with accessories (i.e. hypertrophy specific) whilst doing the programs.
P/RR/S is solid

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Iforce nutrition. How many calories should i be taking in off and on training days. And what style of lifting should i do as in weight to rep ratio? Light weight high reps high weight low reps or medium weight medium reps
people may agree or disagree with what I am about to say:

Calories/Diet

Everybody is different. You have to experiment for a while and find what works for you. If you arent losing weight, lower calories by 250cals/day for a week. still not losing? do another 250 cals for a total of -500cals/day...etc

Reps for training

Believe it or not, when i cut, I go reps 4-10 reps. compound lifts I go low reps/high weight. Its important to keep/gain muscle while you are cutting. I never do high rep unless its for a change of pace routine.

I am somewhat doing this right now. Follow my log if you want to see exactly what I am doing.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/233188-r1s-mass-fx.html

drew18

Awards
Thanks for all the great feed back as far as nutrition iv been on thw dolce diet for about 2 weeks. I think the p/rr/s is the way im gonna go but not for sure what stack i want to go. So of you have any ideas my options are open. Thanks again guys

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for all the great feed back as far as nutrition iv been on thw dolce diet for about 2 weeks. I think the p/rr/s is the way im gonna go but not for sure what stack i want to go. So of you have any ideas my options are open. Thanks again guys
P/RR/S is a good routine. P.H.A.T by Layne Norton is my go-to but that's just me :D

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
people may agree or disagree with what I am about to say:

Calories/Diet

Everybody is different. You have to experiment for a while and find what works for you. If you arent losing weight, lower calories by 250cals/day for a week. still not losing? do another 250 cals for a total of -500cals/day...etc

Reps for training

Believe it or not, when i cut, I go reps 4-10 reps. compound lifts I go low reps/high weight. Its important to keep/gain muscle while you are cutting. I never do high rep unless its for a change of pace routine.

I am somewhat doing this right now. Follow my log if you want to see exactly what I am doing.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/233188-r1s-mass-fx.html
Solid advice throughout this thread and very solid advice here, especially. The only thing I have found that I can add for you, OP, is don't sweat the scale. Weight loss is not always indicative of healthy/progressive dietary practice. I, personally, find it a better indicator of progress in how my clothes are fitting. I changed my lifestyle in February. I am two pounds lighter today than I was in February but substantially leaner and bigger. Moral of the story, let the scale be only part of your guide, not the end all be all.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Solid advice throughout this thread and very solid advice here, especially. The only thing I have found that I can add for you, OP, is don't sweat the scale. Weight loss is not always indicative of healthy/progressive dietary practice. I, personally, find it a better indicator of progress in how my clothes are fitting. I changed my lifestyle in February. I am two pounds lighter today than I was in February but substantially leaner and bigger. Moral of the story, let the scale be only part of your guide, not the end all be all.
This is so very true.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, figure out your goals. Do you want to bulk, cut, or recomp? these are all diet dependent. not training dependent, not supplement dependent btw.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
well, figure out your goals. Do you want to bulk, cut, or recomp? these are all diet dependent. not training dependent, not supplement dependent btw.
Agree here. My advice would be to cut down to a comfortable bf say 10% or so then begin to build upon that. Recomping is tough and can be frustrating for some. Just my opinion.
As for supps I'd get the basics first and really focus on dieting first.
Protein
Multi
Fish oil
Bcaas

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree here. My advice would be to cut down to a comfortable bf say 10% or so then begin to build upon that. Recomping is tough and can be frustrating for some. Just my opinion.
As for supps I'd get the basics first and really focus on dieting first.
Protein
Multi
Fish oil
Bcaas
man aint that the truth. i understand its a slow process and still get PO'ed once in a while lol