1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.79%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Hard Rhino Ecdysterone

Some say it's bunk, others swear by it. Has anyone tried bulk Ecdysterone and if so what were your results?

(And yes, I've used the search function and everyone is bashing it, but from what I've seen no one has used bulk 90% pure powder.)

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.38%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Purity would just lower the dose you need. Unfortunately, no dose can overcome the pharmacodynamic limitations of ecdy in humans
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.78%

not sure how the hard rhino brand is, but i-force sells strait ecdy that's said to be 99% pure.
    you could try a bottle of it first to see what you think of it before you go and buy a bunch of it, incase you end up not liking it.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.87%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityPosting ProActivity Pro

Not sure how the iforce brand is, but De__eB sells straight trash talk that's said to be around 92% accurate.

You could find any evidence to support the sale of an ingredient for oral consumption first to see how much of a shill you'll look like before you go and bump a week old thread to recommend it to a bunch of forum bros, in case you end up getting called out by De__eB.

EDIT: Welcome to your role as an I-Force Minion, You'll find safety by recommending quality products instead of market-driven bunk!
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.78%

call me a shill all you want. i personally like ecdy. im old, and everytime i take it my skin tightens and i seem to have a little better recovery. anecdotal of course.. and coop will say its all placebo. which is fine too. just to be clear before you crawl up my ass again.. i didn't recommend ecdy to the OP. i offered a solution to buying bulk powder, which if he didn't like ecdy he wouldn't be camping on a pound of worthless powder. get it?
    FINAFLEX forum rep
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.79%

What's the response percentage of ECDY? For example, 85% of people who use DAA says it works...
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.78%

maybe 5% ... just a guess.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
  8. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.38%

Quote Originally Posted by The Engineer View Post
    What's the response percentage of ECDY? For example, 85% of people who use DAA says it works...
    40% of ecdy users (the rough equivalent of placebo) will report something. 0% will get any real effect from it.
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.38%

Come on rip, we've been here before brah . Congrats on the gig btw

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Unless you are a rat, you are experiencing placebo from ecdy
    Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    yea cause after 22+ yrs of training and supplementing i wouldnt know how to tell if something has an effect on me or not..
    cmon coop you know im not trying to sell nothin.
    No, you wouldn't know, because every single human being is subject to the placebo effect. Elderly subjects who have "known their body" for their entire lives (65+ years) have had placebo effects quantified at 40% with respect to improvement in certain conditions. There is a legitimate neurophysiological basis for placebo as shown by narcotic/placebo/anti-narcotic experiments, so it comes as no surprise that you think ecdy played a role in your muscular growth.
    but wait i didnt equate any muscle growth.. it did help recovery and helps my skin tighten up. will you at least pubmed some of the recent studies and see whats going on lately with it? i dont really know how to access the recent study infos. also coop are you suggesting that my mind is making my skin tighten up via placebo?
    There are no recent human studies. Rat studies are irrelevant because the solubility of ecdysterone excludes it from distribution to skeletal muscle compartments.

And placebo can do pretty much anything and make you believe pretty much anything. This is why we have placebo-controlled trials. We don't compare drugs to control groups; we compare them to placebo groups. By knowing that you are taking ecdysterone, you are eliminating placebo control, which, coupled with your singular sample size and body of evidence showing ecdy is worthless in humans, leads me to conclude that the placebo effect has taken hold. I can give you two examples of such:

Anabolic steroids: the physiological effects of placebos : Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise

The subjects taking the placebo that was supposed to be a steroid had absurd increases in strength in just one month. As I said earlier, there are heavy neurophysiological implications of placebo.

Another trial which we had to dissect in school just last week was set up as follows:

-Patients with chronic neurological pain were administered either narcotics or placebo
    -No difference was found in pain relief between narcotics or placebo, but both were vastly improved over control

Here's the kicker though:

-Subsequent administration of anti-narcotics (also placebo-controlled) abolished the pain relief in the PLACEBO group to a significant degree over the placebo anti-narcotics. In other words, one could extrapolate that there are major alterations in neurotransmitter/nervous system signaling, just from believing that you are taking something that works. Placebo can make you believe anything.

To drive home the point, this is why we have clinical trials structured as they are. With a rudimentary understanding of ecdysterone, differences in rat/human Vd and compartmentalization, evidence in human trials showing lack of efficacy, and tracer studies in larger mammals showing no distribution to skeletal muscle, it is indeed safe to conclude, given our present knowledge, that ecdysterone is nothing more than a placebo.
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.78%

indeed that's why i brought it up coop ... remember that ass beating like it was yesterday.

but i still enjoy it everytime i take it..
    FINAFLEX forum rep
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.73%

Stuff has generally been shown thus far to have no effect on humans, so, not sure why this ingredient is even being pushed?
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.78%

no one is pushing anything.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.73%

Never said that you were pushing something or anyone else for that matter. I was generalizing.
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.78%

got cha! have u ever had any effects from it?
    FINAFLEX forum rep
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.73%

got cha! have u ever had any effects from it?
    Nope. The product I ran was also i-Force ECDY. Then I looked into the study and it explained why I didn't get anything from it.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.9%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Any noticeable differences for ya with iForce ecdy vs LG substerone?
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.78%

i haven't used iForce ecdy yet. substerone was ok. but ebol was probably better..the best i ever had though was the OG stuff from the xenidrine company.. cant remember the name of it. could have been spiked i suppose.. dunno. nothing has been as good since then.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.86%

No experience with that particular product but I have used hard rhino before with taurine and I also bought argentine and it was good
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.55%

3 words
    Mass Pro Synthagen

Google the reviews!
    I thought ecdy was garbage too until I tried it.
  20. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.38%

Quote Originally Posted by megadeth View Post
    3 words
    Mass Pro Synthagen

Google the reviews!
    I thought ecdy was garbage too until I tried it.
    Masspro synthagen is confounded by tons of other ingredients. Rest assured, the part that's working is not the ecdy
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.55%

Sorry Coop, as much as I respect your knowledge, I can't go with ride w/ you on this one. I believe that it has to be the correct extract of ecdy to work properly. I have used all th ingredients in this product before and the don't give anywhere near the recovery the MPS does. The ingredients in MPS would not make a person after person recovery so fast that hey feel they can train the same body the next day, after a grueling workout...especially in amounts that you previously called "underdosed". The product speaks for itself. They don't sponsor logs and almost everyone who tries it raves about it.
  22. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.38%

Sorry Coop, as much as I respect your knowledge, I can't go with ride w/ you on this one. I believe that it has to be the correct extract of ecdy to work properly. I have used all th ingredients in this product before and the don't give anywhere near the recovery the MPS does. The ingredients in MPS would not make a person after person recovery so fast that hey feel they can train the same body the next day, after a grueling workout...especially in amounts that you previously called "underdosed". The product speaks for itself. They don't sponsor logs and almost everyone who tries it raves about it.
    It was absolutely underdosed until you mentioned what he recommends taking.

Again, synthagen may work, but that's because it has some great ingredients besides ecdy. Comparing two time-dependent trials with n=1 and no level of placebo (or otherwise) control is not, IMO, a way to gauge a compound. Repeated trials demonstrating that ecdy cannot escape the gut tube or kidneys, however, are ways to gauge a compound. You can believe what you want, but I believe you don't have insect ancestors .
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.55%

It was absolutely underdosed until you mentioned what he recommends taking.Again, synthagen may work, but that's because it has some great ingredients besides ecdy. Comparing two time-dependent trials with n=1 and no level of placebo (or otherwise) control is not, IMO, a way to gauge a compound. Repeated trials demonstrating that ecdy cannot escape the gut tube or kidneys, however, are ways to gauge a compound. You can believe what you want, but I believe you don't have insect ancestors .
    Ok, in the future, I will acquire ecdy powder where Mass gets there's and use only that, with no other ingredients. If I don't notice a big difference in recovery, then I will concede. If I do and you are interested, I'll be willing send you some(free of charge) to try. Deal?
  24. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.38%

Ok, in the future, I will acquire ecdy powder where Mass gets there's and use only that, with no other ingredients. If I don't notice a big difference in recovery, then I will concede. If I do and you are interested, I'll be willing send you some(free of charge) to try. Deal?
    I'd be happy to try it, but I'm also subject to placebo if you catch my drift
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.55%

Hahaha! I'm not talking about placebo. I'm talking about dramatic results. It will take a while, but I will let you know how it goes.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

If placebo still gives results... Is that not results none the less? If injecting sugar water makes me ten pounds heavier and lose 5 pounds of fat all from a placebo affect in my head... Gimme dat ****!

I've used ecdy from
    Ebol several times and anabol x by pinnacle way back in the day before massive bans.. Always liked products with ecdy in it.. Isatest too.

Maybe they lied and put steroids or
    Other hormones in these things lol. Maybe studies on ecdy r correct and these products r just falsely labeled!
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  27. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.38%

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    If placebo still gives results... Is that not results none the less? If injecting sugar water makes me ten pounds heavier and lose 5 pounds of fat all from a placebo affect in my head... Gimme dat ****!

I've used ecdy from
    Ebol several times and anabol x by pinnacle way back in the day before massive bans.. Always liked products with ecdy in it.. Isatest too.

Maybe they lied and put steroids or
    Other hormones in these things lol. Maybe studies on ecdy r correct and these products r just falsely labeled!
    For the record, E-bol is also confounded by ingredients that actually work
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%

For the record, E-bol is also confounded by ingredients that actually work
    Too bad i can't find it anywhere bc yea it did work lol. Seems to be sold out everywhere or discontinued..
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Masspro synthagen is confounded by tons of other ingredients. Rest assured, the part that's working is not the ecdy

Same can be said for any product containing ecdy
    "I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts." - Henry Rollins
    Team En Vitro
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.35%

[QUOTE=thescience;4112527]there was this guy who used to work at my vitaminshop that was crazy over it (he was ordering bulk from another country, but ive read it only works when injected. that said, that guy was taking ALOT as I recall
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.35%

sounds good. let me know on this how it holds up.
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.36%

Ecdy always reminds of all those users who utilized E-Bol + "The Blueprint."
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.79%

Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Ecdy always reminds of all those users who utilized E-Bol + "The Blueprint."
    Doesn't the "The Blueprint" have like a 90% success rate, though?
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.36%

1. Like Coop mentioned, E-bol contains more than Ecdy.

2. Major variables such as diet/training need to be included.

3. I can't tell if you're just being sarcastic pulling that number out of nowhere.
  35. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.38%

The blueprint is a training program. Maybe it is great. But there is absolutely no comparison between changing one's training program and using a new supplement...unless that supplement is AAS.

Similar Forum Threads

1. hard rhino
    By fame126 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2013, 12:09 AM
  2. Hard Rhino Powders - DAA ?
    By twill713 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-19-2012, 12:16 PM