Anyone take these? 5-HTP, L-Tyrosine, GABA - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Anyone take these? 5-HTP, L-Tyrosine, GABA

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Come on. Change the username to TheAnecdote or something
    its got a ring to it, doesnt it? ironically, i think sometimes people miss out on a new discovery and athletic enhancement because a study dissuedes them. i cant find anything of the utmost tangibilty supporting n-acetyl-tyrosine over l-tyrosine and nothing proving theyre the same, but at least 20 companies selling it claim its better absorbed and it crosses the blood brain barrier better. i know they have motive to make claims, but theyre also the only ones around with motive to study that. i take alot of skepticism toward studies about anything pertaining to neurotrasnmitters, given the billions at stake for competing pyschdrugs.

hahahah got your message.

2. New Member

Reputation Reputation

great thread, friends. i need to look into some of these mood boosters.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The problem here is that studies were done on NAT vs Tyrosine. There isn't an absence of data. There is only data proving NAT is inferior.

Read: http://hightowerpharmacology.blogspo...-tyrosine.html
    interesting, but thats based on whats seen in the bloodstream; the link didnt get into any measurements lost in urine whatsoever. that's only speculated and they admit it. he fact that there's less nalt in the bloodstream could imply better utilization or absorption into the body. ive heard plenty of arguements that the stuff that remains in the bloodstream is the stuff that isnt getting into the body better; case in point is that natto version of vitamin k. proponents say the stuff is better because its so large that it remains in the bloodstream longer, enabling more opportunity for absorption from the bloodstream. people who say its crap argue that its so big, it just floats around in the bloodstream for 3 days before i it is eventually excreted, being to big to find absorption in the body. i dont know anyone who want a muscle or brain biopsy to adequately test absorption, but blood tests are such a minute and transient representation of what's happening in the body.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  198 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I take dymatize GABA and like it, i sleep so much better when taking it.
  5. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    interesting, but thats based on whats seen in the bloodstream; the link didnt get into any measurements lost in urine whatsoever. that's only speculated and they admit it. he fact that there's less nalt in the bloodstream could imply better utilization or absorption into the body. ive heard plenty of arguements that the stuff that remains in the bloodstream is the stuff that isnt getting into the body better; case in point is that natto version of vitamin k. proponents say the stuff is better because its so large that it remains in the bloodstream longer, enabling more opportunity for absorption from the bloodstream. people who say its crap argue that its so big, it just floats around in the bloodstream for 3 days before i it is eventually excreted, being to big to find absorption in the body. i dont know anyone who want a muscle or brain biopsy to adequately test absorption, but blood tests are such a minute and transient representation of what's happening in the body.
    Did you read the cited texts? Urinary excretion was the prime measurement, and NAT was excreted much more rapidly (consistent with its greater solubility). I can't do everything here man, gotta do some of your own research too.

We can go back and forth on this all day, but why do you support NAT so much? The entirety of the body of science shows its inferior, and this is a sizable amount of literature conducted in humans. There is literally no reason to believe NAT is superior other than a couple claims made by marketing hype artists when NAT was first introduced to the supplement market
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Did you read the cited texts? Urinary excretion was the prime measurement, and NAT was excreted much more rapidly (consistent with its greater solubility). I can't do everything here man, gotta do some of your own research too.

We can go back and forth on this all day, but why do you support NAT so much? The entirety of the body of science shows its inferior, and this is a sizable amount of literature conducted in humans. There is literally no reason to believe NAT is superior other than a couple claims made by marketing hype artists when NAT was first introduced to the supplement market
    bravo. youre right, i should have looked at those; it was late. i guess i just cant be persuaded because ive tried both forms extensively. the fact that high doses of nalt messed with my bowels supports those studies, as unabsorbed substances can do that, but i have to set my gaze to a study that hasnt been performed yet; for all we know, more is excreted with nalt because peak cellular amounts are achieved more rapidly with much less, which no blood reading can attest to.
  7. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    bravo. youre right, i should have looked at those; it was late. i guess i just cant be persuaded because ive tried both forms extensively. the fact that high doses of nalt messed with my bowels supports those studies, as unabsorbed substances can do that, but i have to set my gaze to a study that hasnt been performed yet; for all we know, more is excreted with nalt because peak cellular amounts are achieved more rapidly with much less, which no blood reading can attest to.
    If more is excreted, that means less has made it into the cell and gotten converted into L-dopa and downstream compounds
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  135 lbs.

Hey mr cooper- I take tyrosine. Is it ok with my alphamine? I noticed that you mentioned avoiding yohimbine.
  9. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIJane1928 View Post
    Hey mr cooper- I take tyrosine. Is it ok with my alphamine? I noticed that you mentioned avoiding yohimbine.
    While yohimbe and yohimbine aren't synonymous, I would not advise tyrosine with alphamine concurrently. You can certainly take it at a different time of day though
  10. New Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    What are you trying to achieve? What are your goals? Help with sleep? Reducing anxiety? Growth hormone secretion? Deeper sleep? Dopamine or well being? Happiness/help depression??
    i am looking for all of those things, actually.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  135 lbs.

Thanks for the input. Out of curiosity- why?
  12. New Member

Reputation Reputation

who doesn't like happiness, lack of anxiety and depression, and restful sleep?
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybeegood View Post
    who doesn't like happiness, lack of anxiety and depression, and restful sleep?
    Well everyone likes them. But for those who have suffered severe anxiety attacks, moderate/severe depression and have lost countless hours of sleep, who are looking to alternatives to benzodiazepines, hypnotic sedative sleep aids and libido destroying antidepressants, finding the right balance of supplements at the right doses for the right symptoms can be tricky. Especially if you are shooting in the dark without having DNA tested and methylation balanced.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybeegood View Post

i am looking for all of those things, actually.
    I have used gaba, melatonin, 5-htp and velvet bean(L-dopa) st johns wort. My vote goes to velvet bean and st johns wort tea. So far, I've had serious trouble with the morning after with Gaba. And 5-htp is expensive and I havent given it a fair chance yet.
  15. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIJane1928 View Post
    Thanks for the input. Out of curiosity- why?
    The best link I have is on BB.com. Not sure if I can link it but there's a dangerous central interaction
  16. New Member

I can only respond by sharing with you what I take on a daily basis for the past several years.

I start in the morning with a multivitamin and add to that two capsules of L-Dopa, one capsule each of L-tyrosine, 5-HTP and Tribulus. In addition, I take one 20 mg capsule of Adderall XR and one Wellbutrin pill as well as one 10 mg pseudoephedrine pill, two 5 mg ephedrine pills, one zinc pill, two T1 capsules, one or two ibuprofen pills and about 1000 mg of PEA.

Later in the day, I'll repeat this dosage one more time.

Before bed, I will take one GABA, one 5-HTP and three 5 mg melatonin pills.

I have been following this regimen with minor variations for many years now and as I approach my 64th birthday, I remain in top physical, mental and emotional health.

This regimen may not suit everyone but it has certainly worked for me.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2009, 06:10 PM
  2. Can anyone take a look and give an opinion?
    By LethalX in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 09:49 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 01:58 AM
  4. Anyone taking fish oil?
    By Moyer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 03:30 PM
  5. Need some advice on how I should take these..
    By strangebrew in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 11:17 AM