Prime dosing

  1. Advanced Member
    jcp2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    862
    Rep Power
    576
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    15.61%

    Prime dosing


    What have you guys felt was the most effective dosing. I know the 69 protocol is mentioned quite a bit, but have any of you felt like gains were much better upping the dose, keeping it steady on off days etc. I know many of you have played with the dosing. I have done some searches and I don't get much specific info. I am looking mainly for strength gains by the way.

  2. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,024
    Rep Power
    4244280
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by jcp2 View Post
    What have you guys felt was the most effective dosing. I know the 69 protocol is mentioned quite a bit, but have any of you felt like gains were much better upping the dose, keeping it steady on off days etc. I know many of you have played with the dosing. I have done some searches and I don't get much specific info. I am looking mainly for strength gains by the way.
    Depends how much money you want to spend. I have seen a few people on here go as high as 12 caps per day. I wouldn't suggest that for liabilityreasons but it's happened before.

    I always stick to 6 on off days, 9 on training days and completely off Saturday and Sunday.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  3. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,945
    Rep Power
    2569484
    Level
    80
    Lv. Percent
    10.25%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    69 protocol is where its at
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    lpfleiderer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  151 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    137586
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    95.43%

    Quote Originally Posted by jcp2 View Post
    What have you guys felt was the most effective dosing. I know the 69 protocol is mentioned quite a bit, but have any of you felt like gains were much better upping the dose, keeping it steady on off days etc. I know many of you have played with the dosing. I have done some searches and I don't get much specific info. I am looking mainly for strength gains by the way.
    I'm currently logging it. 6 on off days. 9 on training days. 1 day off a week. The Pre-workout dose makes a huge difference in my workouts. Getting great results. About day 14 you'll be shocked. Only downside is it gets expensive, wish a bottle had a months supply at 6/9 protocol.
  5. Professional Member
    drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,932
    Rep Power
    2870706
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    2.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    Depends how much money you want to spend. I have seen a few people on here go as high as 12 caps per day. I wouldn't suggest that for liabilityreasons but it's happened before.

    I always stick to 6 on off days, 9 on training days and completely off Saturday and Sunday.
    So for me that would be 9 M-F, and none on the weekends mostly.
    How many days a week do you train?
  6. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,024
    Rep Power
    4244280
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    So for me that would be 9 M-F, and none on the weekends mostly.
    How many days a week do you train?
    dont know about that then. i train 3-4x a week with weights. i dont dose 9 caps for cardio or anything like that.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  7. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,024
    Rep Power
    4244280
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by lpfleiderer View Post
    I'm currently logging it. 6 on off days. 9 on training days. 1 day off a week. The Pre-workout dose makes a huge difference in my workouts. Getting great results. About day 14 you'll be shocked. Only downside is it gets expensive, wish a bottle had a months supply at 6/9 protocol.
    i swear, when the 69 protocol was first introduced, it was off saturday and sunday. i have no clue when it changed. @TexasLifter89 and I were talking about this a while back and he remembers it how i do. I am no way saying you are wrong, i just dont know when it changed.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  8. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,945
    Rep Power
    2569484
    Level
    80
    Lv. Percent
    10.25%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  9. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,024
    Rep Power
    4244280
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    ive seen that thread before. i understand what 69 protocol is...
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  10. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,608
    Rep Power
    2752395
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    23.19%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post

    ive seen that thread before. i understand what 69 protocol is...
    Most men do.....
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  11. New Member
    lpfleiderer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  151 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    137586
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    95.43%

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    i swear, when the 69 protocol was first introduced, it was off saturday and sunday. i have no clue when it changed. @TexasLifter89 and I were talking about this a while back and he remembers it how i do. I am no way saying you are wrong, i just dont know when it changed.
    Yea I modified mine so its only 1 day off. That way I can workout 6 times a week and still take it everyday I workout. I'm kinda addicted.
  12. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,024
    Rep Power
    4244280
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by lpfleiderer View Post
    Yea I modified mine so its only 1 day off. That way I can workout 6 times a week and still take it everyday I workout. I'm kinda addicted.
    man i love me some Prime as well.

    i remember when everyone use to hate on me a while back for suggesting Prime.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  13. New Member
    docrx's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    34
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    40.33%

    I've usually taken 6 caps a day. If i took more than that i got some side-effects, got a bit dizzy, anyone else had that?
  14. New Member
    lpfleiderer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  151 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    137586
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    95.43%

    Quote Originally Posted by docrx View Post
    I've usually taken 6 caps a day. If i took more than that i got some side-effects, got a bit dizzy, anyone else had that?
    Nope!
  15. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,764
    Rep Power
    2208581
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    45.31%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post

    i swear, when the 69 protocol was first introduced, it was off saturday and sunday. i have no clue when it changed. @TexasLifter89 and I were talking about this a while back and he remembers it how i do. I am no way saying you are wrong, i just dont know when it changed.
    I used it in 08-09', 5 on 2 off. Still very effective IMO. 69 protocol + DC training = gains for days in my experience.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  16. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,024
    Rep Power
    4244280
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I used it in 08-09', 5 on 2 off. Still very effective IMO. 69 protocol + DC training = gains for days in my experience.
    i forgot you are one like me who loved prime with DC. and i thought it was 5 on 2 off around 08 area. glad im not the only one
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  17. Senior Member
    carpee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,608
    Rep Power
    83752
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    57.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    x3

    Prime + DC training for me too!
  18. Professional Member
    drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,932
    Rep Power
    2870706
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    2.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    So expensive dosing that high, but I am going to give it a go later this year
  19. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,665
    Rep Power
    1958410
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    4.41%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    How do u guys handle timing if doing IF.. Meaning spreading the doses far enough away. I'm also doing my cardio in the am
    And weights after work ... So I'm assuming save the pre workout dose for weights (but then I eat right after) lol so it'll get all bunched up.

    Example:

    Monday-Wed-fri

    Cardio 10-11 am
    Work 12-4 or 5 (love my job)
    Weights (3 caps prime @4:30) 5-630pm
    Meal 7pm (3caps prime)
    Meal 9-10pm (3 caps prime)

    Tues/thurs-
    No cardio
    Work 11-4
    Weights (3 caps prime @4:30) 5-630pm
    Meal 7pm (3caps prime)
    Meal 9-10pm (3 caps prime)

    Is that dosing too bunched up (running 69 protocol for 8 weeks) w versa and c20!
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  20. New Member
    lpfleiderer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  151 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    137586
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    95.43%

    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    How do u guys handle timing if doing IF.. Meaning spreading the doses far enough away. I'm also doing my cardio in the am
    And weights after work ... So I'm assuming save the pre workout dose for weights (but then I eat right after) lol so it'll get all bunched up.

    Example:

    Monday-Wed-fri

    Cardio 10-11 am
    Work 12-4 or 5 (love my job)
    Weights (3 caps prime @4:30) 5-630pm
    Meal 7pm (3caps prime)
    Meal 9-10pm (3 caps prime)

    Tues/thurs-
    No cardio
    Work 11-4
    Weights (3 caps prime @4:30) 5-630pm
    Meal 7pm (3caps prime)
    Meal 9-10pm (3 caps prime)

    Is that dosing too bunched up (running 69 protocol for 8 weeks) w versa and c20!
    Imo it looks pretty good, but I always preferred 6 preworkout. Give it a try.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Prime Dosing Times
    By joebo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 07:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in