Utilizing 9 EAA's for MAXIMUM Muscle Growth

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Just out of curiosity, how would one utilize the 9 EAA's for maximum muscle growth. Obviously we know that BCAA's before, during, and after a workout is a must for any and all growth. But what about the other six? (Phenylalanine, Threonine, Methionine, Tryptophan, Histidine, and Lysine)

Does anyone have any experience with dosing and timings for them? Also, just like how BCAA's need to be in a 2:1:1 or 4:1:1 or even 8:1:1 ratio of leucine to isoleucine and valine for efficient absorption, are there any specific ratios that need to be taken into consideration for the other aminos?Thanks

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Same rules apply. I wouldn't pay much heed to ratios (BCAA or otherwise) unless you're dosing them high and chronically in the absence of a high protein diet.

Best taken pre/post, though EAAs may actually have merit intra (unlike BCAAs IMO).

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Same rules apply. I wouldn't pay much heed to ratios (BCAA or otherwise) unless you're dosing them high and chronically in the absence of a high protein diet.

Best taken pre/post, though EAAs may actually have merit intra (unlike BCAAs IMO).
Why don't you think bcaas have merit intra ?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Why don't you think bcaas have merit intra ?
Because all the data indicates you need to spike MPS, and all the data uses BCAAs preworkout.

When you add EAAs to the mix, they do create an anti-catabolic atmosphere by getting oxidized in place of the typical gluconeogenic flux during training, so I'd rather use EAAs intra

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
agree with the apply same rules to EAAs as BCAAs theology, but to expand my own feelings:
BCAA are most certainly effective intraWO, and
EAA/BCAA can also be used at other significant timeframes for useful effect
pre/post/intraWO
upon rising/at bed
between meals if you are going longer than normal timefame between feedings and need some nutrition

for EAAs:
if I had to pick ONE time and one time only for consumption, it would be immediately following a training session

my .02, the spectrum of EAA is superior to BCAA anyway

amarula

Awards
Because all the data indicates you need to spike MPS, and all the data uses BCAAs preworkout.

When you add EAAs to the mix, they do create an anti-catabolic atmosphere by getting oxidized in place of the typical gluconeogenic flux during training, so I'd rather use EAAs intra
Do you think that as OP said BCAA's are a must have even with high protein diets?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Do you think that as OP said BCAA's are a must have even with high protein diets?
I think it depends more on the goal than the diet. If doing IF, fasted training, cutting, lots of cardio, long training sessions, etc...then yes