cortisol and adrenal supplements

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
Hey all! I've been doing aweful the last few days, basically for the last year I've been on and off high doses of prednisone drops for my eye from an injury at work. The last five months I've gone from drops every hour to completely tapered off a week ago. I feel like death now from the withdrawal... had no idea I'd have the sides, but I'm pretty frikkin shut down on the cortisol and adrenal depart right now (extreme anxiety and depression, only sleeping a few hours a night ect) I was thinking reduce xt not sure what else I could run to help out but it makes it worse when I cant even get into the gym. Appreciate any suggestions!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need some L-dopa and phenibut.
Run the phenibut 3x a week max. Any more and you're going to become slightly dependent and have withdrawals. I take it 3x a week at 2g when I feel some anxiety coming on and it does wonders.
I would also look into Evomuse's cortisol and adrenal support products.

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
You need some L-dopa and phenibut.
Run the phenibut 3x a week max. Any more and you're going to become slightly dependent and have withdrawals. I take it 3x a week at 2g when I feel some anxiety coming on and it does wonders.
I would also look into Evomuse's cortisol and adrenal support products.
Thanks! I'm on some ldopa right now ill look at the other stuff now!

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
What about licorice extract? I thought it slowed the metabolism of cortisol thereby increasing plasma levels.

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
What about licorice extract? I thought it slowed the metabolism of cortisol thereby increasing plasma levels.
It is in revamp, I ran that over the winter durring a stim break maybe itll help

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The new version of Nymbus Abyss looks amazing for stress and cortisol relief, as well as for relaxation and sleep. I think it will even have you covered in a recovery aspect too, not unlike Animal PM, another product worth looking into.

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
The new version of Nymbus Abyss looks amazing for stress and cortisol relief, as well as for relaxation and sleep. I think it will even have you covered in a recovery aspect too, not unlike Animal PM, another product worth looking into.
Funny you should mention PM, I ran it all last fall while I was on the steroid drops the first round and had no problems, then over the winter I had round 2 when I was running revamp and had some issues when tapering off, at the time I thought it was dpol maybe bad mental sides from DAA but was no where near this bad. Got some good stuff to look at, thanks everyone!

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This is really good information man. I think that you should follow it. I would add some DAA to this but other than that you are in good shape.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bono1132

bono1132

Awards
Been in e.r. all day getting tests done, putting me on oral steroid for rhe weekend till I see endocronology doc Monday morning. Right now I've got triazole and DAA stopping on way home to try some pheni (used gaba I had in the stash last night) hopefully I'll be able to get some sleep this weekend till they figure out my next step. I'm a man, I don't like not being able to lift and crying for no reason.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Coop. With dhea be helpful for him to take?
No. His issue is shutdown of the zona fasciulata of the adrenal cortex (DHEA is chiefly from the reticularis). To be honest, nothing anyone has suggested in this thread will help, and some will even hurt. The primary thing to do is take time off, and his doctor may prescribe some medication to reduce the symptoms of his "withdrawal." This is one of the many reasons why prolonged glucucorticoid use is a bad thing.

Triazole won't help, DAA won't help, Abyss won't help...

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
Bad thing is I never questioned taking it and never knew any possible sides (found out joint and bone pain/osteoporosis is common which explains why I've had those issues the last year

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No. His issue is shutdown of the zona fasciulata of the adrenal cortex (DHEA is chiefly from the reticularis). To be honest, nothing anyone has suggested in this thread will help, and some will even hurt. The primary thing to do is take time off, and his doctor may prescribe some medication to reduce the symptoms of his "withdrawal." This is one of the many reasons why prolonged glucucorticoid use is a bad thing.

Triazole won't help, DAA won't help, Abyss won't help...
What about a standardized extract of horse piss?

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
Was on low dose of prednisone for the weekend, spent all day in an endocronology office getting the full run of tests done, lots of blood taken and an acth test, won't know for a day or two if its adrenal or hyperthyroidism and most likely scenario is its hyperthyroidism being caused by cortisol shutdown. Now I'm off the dose of pred and back to feeling like dog **** for a day or two. Thanks for the responses, didnt think much about what was going on till it got worse and they told me to go to the e.r.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Was on low dose of prednisone for the weekend, spent all day in an endocronology office getting the full run of tests done, lots of blood taken and an acth test, won't know for a day or two if its adrenal or hyperthyroidism and most likely scenario is its hyperthyroidism being caused by cortisol shutdown. Now I'm off the dose of pred and back to feeling like dog **** for a day or two. Thanks for the responses, didnt think much about what was going on till it got worse and they told me to go to the e.r.
You did the right thing, health is not a game. I always got a little irked when people try to self-medicate (no offense to you) without understanding the consequences

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
You did the right thing, health is not a game. I always got a little irked when people try to self-medicate (no offense to you) without understanding the consequences
Prob was doctors office didn't believe me when I called, mostly wanted to see if there was something to get me feeling better for a few days till I got in to a physician's office but by Friday I couldn't handle it so we went to the e.r. where they also said oh, there's no way it could be from that, by end of the day there and then talking with my doctor and the endocronologists everyone came to the conclusion that it had to be from the prednisone. Then after visiting endocronology yesterday and gettinf a dozen vials of blood drawn and an cortisol stim test find out this morning that yes, my adrenal levels are very low and its made me go into hyperthyroidism which will hopefully go back to normal. But I was pretty messed up mentally and just wanted to see if I could try something to help for a couple days. Been a fun week.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Prob was doctors office didn't believe me when I called, mostly wanted to see if there was something to get me feeling better for a few days till I got in to a physician's office but by Friday I couldn't handle it so we went to the e.r. where they also said oh, there's no way it could be from that, by end of the day there and then talking with my doctor and the endocronologists everyone came to the conclusion that it had to be from the prednisone. Then after visiting endocronology yesterday and gettinf a dozen vials of blood drawn and an cortisol stim test find out this morning that yes, my adrenal levels are very low and its made me go into hyperthyroidism which will hopefully go back to normal. But I was pretty messed up mentally and just wanted to see if I could try something to help for a couple days. Been a fun week.
Well glad your doing better now man! Good luck with this.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Pretty dumb of your doctor to shrug it off. The original post would have been a red flag for me, but for a doctor who has your whole patient history...shame on them.

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
Pretty dumb of your doctor to shrug it off. The original post would have been a red flag for me, but for a doctor who has your whole patient history...shame on them.
Just because it's not a common issue for that form of prednisone, I wasnt happy about it especially with what I was dealing with mentally, just told me to see a physician, but the guy saved my eye and I'm doing a little better now so I won't hold a grudge, plus the endocronology doctors are takin care of me now and its a fantastic staff and to them I'm an interesting case so they are giving me a lot of attention. Maybe I can sweet talk them into some Clomid (jk)