cortisol and adrenal supplements

  1. New Member
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    4280
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    87.13%

    cortisol and adrenal supplements


    Hey all! I've been doing aweful the last few days, basically for the last year I've been on and off high doses of prednisone drops for my eye from an injury at work. The last five months I've gone from drops every hour to completely tapered off a week ago. I feel like death now from the withdrawal... had no idea I'd have the sides, but I'm pretty frikkin shut down on the cortisol and adrenal depart right now (extreme anxiety and depression, only sleeping a few hours a night ect) I was thinking reduce xt not sure what else I could run to help out but it makes it worse when I cant even get into the gym. Appreciate any suggestions!

  2. Diamond Member
    FL3X MAGNUM's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,416
    Rep Power
    4289811
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    81.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    You need some L-dopa and phenibut.
    Run the phenibut 3x a week max. Any more and you're going to become slightly dependent and have withdrawals. I take it 3x a week at 2g when I feel some anxiety coming on and it does wonders.
    I would also look into Evomuse's cortisol and adrenal support products.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  3. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,628
    Rep Power
    6508145
    Level
    98
    Lv. Percent
    39.22%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Reduce XT reduces cortisol...the exact opposite of what you want
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    4280
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    87.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Reduce XT reduces cortisol...the exact opposite of what you want
    Thanks coop! My brain is mush right now
  5. New Member
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    4280
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    87.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    You need some L-dopa and phenibut.
    Run the phenibut 3x a week max. Any more and you're going to become slightly dependent and have withdrawals. I take it 3x a week at 2g when I feel some anxiety coming on and it does wonders.
    I would also look into Evomuse's cortisol and adrenal support products.
    Thanks! I'm on some ldopa right now ill look at the other stuff now!
  6. Senior Member
    saggy321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,393
    Rep Power
    116674
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    81.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    What about licorice extract? I thought it slowed the metabolism of cortisol thereby increasing plasma levels.
  7. New Member
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    4280
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    87.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by saggy321 View Post
    What about licorice extract? I thought it slowed the metabolism of cortisol thereby increasing plasma levels.
    It is in revamp, I ran that over the winter durring a stim break maybe itll help
  8. Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,332
    Rep Power
    1220799
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    87.76%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    The new version of Nymbus Abyss looks amazing for stress and cortisol relief, as well as for relaxation and sleep. I think it will even have you covered in a recovery aspect too, not unlike Animal PM, another product worth looking into.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
    Sign up for INSANE deals via our newsletter: www.mninsider.com
  9. New Member
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    4280
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    87.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    The new version of Nymbus Abyss looks amazing for stress and cortisol relief, as well as for relaxation and sleep. I think it will even have you covered in a recovery aspect too, not unlike Animal PM, another product worth looking into.
    Funny you should mention PM, I ran it all last fall while I was on the steroid drops the first round and had no problems, then over the winter I had round 2 when I was running revamp and had some issues when tapering off, at the time I thought it was dpol maybe bad mental sides from DAA but was no where near this bad. Got some good stuff to look at, thanks everyone!
  10. Banned
    bakerwil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    749
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    47.41%

    Sub..
  11. Senior Member
    MuscleGauge1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,568
    Rep Power
    258614
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    9.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    This is really good information man. I think that you should follow it. I would add some DAA to this but other than that you are in good shape.
  12. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,495
    Rep Power
    1021799
    Level
    63
    Lv. Percent
    66.17%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Reduce XT reduces cortisol...the exact opposite of what you want
    Coop. With dhea be helpful for him to take?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  13. New Member
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    4280
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    87.13%

    Been in e.r. all day getting tests done, putting me on oral steroid for rhe weekend till I see endocronology doc Monday morning. Right now I've got triazole and DAA stopping on way home to try some pheni (used gaba I had in the stash last night) hopefully I'll be able to get some sleep this weekend till they figure out my next step. I'm a man, I don't like not being able to lift and crying for no reason.
  14. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,628
    Rep Power
    6508145
    Level
    98
    Lv. Percent
    39.22%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Coop. With dhea be helpful for him to take?
    No. His issue is shutdown of the zona fasciulata of the adrenal cortex (DHEA is chiefly from the reticularis). To be honest, nothing anyone has suggested in this thread will help, and some will even hurt. The primary thing to do is take time off, and his doctor may prescribe some medication to reduce the symptoms of his "withdrawal." This is one of the many reasons why prolonged glucucorticoid use is a bad thing.

    Triazole won't help, DAA won't help, Abyss won't help...
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  15. New Member
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    4280
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    87.13%

    Bad thing is I never questioned taking it and never knew any possible sides (found out joint and bone pain/osteoporosis is common which explains why I've had those issues the last year
  16. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,495
    Rep Power
    1021799
    Level
    63
    Lv. Percent
    66.17%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    No. His issue is shutdown of the zona fasciulata of the adrenal cortex (DHEA is chiefly from the reticularis). To be honest, nothing anyone has suggested in this thread will help, and some will even hurt. The primary thing to do is take time off, and his doctor may prescribe some medication to reduce the symptoms of his "withdrawal." This is one of the many reasons why prolonged glucucorticoid use is a bad thing.

    Triazole won't help, DAA won't help, Abyss won't help...
    What about a standardized extract of horse piss?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  17. New Member
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    4280
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    87.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post

    What about a standardized extract of horse piss?
    I got the liger milk is that close?
  18. New Member
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    4280
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    87.13%

    Was on low dose of prednisone for the weekend, spent all day in an endocronology office getting the full run of tests done, lots of blood taken and an acth test, won't know for a day or two if its adrenal or hyperthyroidism and most likely scenario is its hyperthyroidism being caused by cortisol shutdown. Now I'm off the dose of pred and back to feeling like dog **** for a day or two. Thanks for the responses, didnt think much about what was going on till it got worse and they told me to go to the e.r.
  19. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,628
    Rep Power
    6508145
    Level
    98
    Lv. Percent
    39.22%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by bono1132 View Post
    Was on low dose of prednisone for the weekend, spent all day in an endocronology office getting the full run of tests done, lots of blood taken and an acth test, won't know for a day or two if its adrenal or hyperthyroidism and most likely scenario is its hyperthyroidism being caused by cortisol shutdown. Now I'm off the dose of pred and back to feeling like dog **** for a day or two. Thanks for the responses, didnt think much about what was going on till it got worse and they told me to go to the e.r.
    You did the right thing, health is not a game. I always got a little irked when people try to self-medicate (no offense to you) without understanding the consequences
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  20. New Member
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    4280
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    87.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    You did the right thing, health is not a game. I always got a little irked when people try to self-medicate (no offense to you) without understanding the consequences
    Prob was doctors office didn't believe me when I called, mostly wanted to see if there was something to get me feeling better for a few days till I got in to a physician's office but by Friday I couldn't handle it so we went to the e.r. where they also said oh, there's no way it could be from that, by end of the day there and then talking with my doctor and the endocronologists everyone came to the conclusion that it had to be from the prednisone. Then after visiting endocronology yesterday and gettinf a dozen vials of blood drawn and an cortisol stim test find out this morning that yes, my adrenal levels are very low and its made me go into hyperthyroidism which will hopefully go back to normal. But I was pretty messed up mentally and just wanted to see if I could try something to help for a couple days. Been a fun week.
  21. Advanced Member
    ELROCK's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    908
    Rep Power
    420647
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    27.48%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bono1132 View Post

    Prob was doctors office didn't believe me when I called, mostly wanted to see if there was something to get me feeling better for a few days till I got in to a physician's office but by Friday I couldn't handle it so we went to the e.r. where they also said oh, there's no way it could be from that, by end of the day there and then talking with my doctor and the endocronologists everyone came to the conclusion that it had to be from the prednisone. Then after visiting endocronology yesterday and gettinf a dozen vials of blood drawn and an cortisol stim test find out this morning that yes, my adrenal levels are very low and its made me go into hyperthyroidism which will hopefully go back to normal. But I was pretty messed up mentally and just wanted to see if I could try something to help for a couple days. Been a fun week.
    Well glad your doing better now man! Good luck with this.
  22. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,628
    Rep Power
    6508145
    Level
    98
    Lv. Percent
    39.22%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by bono1132 View Post
    Prob was doctors office didn't believe me when I called, mostly wanted to see if there was something to get me feeling better for a few days till I got in to a physician's office but by Friday I couldn't handle it so we went to the e.r. where they also said oh, there's no way it could be from that, by end of the day there and then talking with my doctor and the endocronologists everyone came to the conclusion that it had to be from the prednisone. Then after visiting endocronology yesterday and gettinf a dozen vials of blood drawn and an cortisol stim test find out this morning that yes, my adrenal levels are very low and its made me go into hyperthyroidism which will hopefully go back to normal. But I was pretty messed up mentally and just wanted to see if I could try something to help for a couple days. Been a fun week.
    Pretty dumb of your doctor to shrug it off. The original post would have been a red flag for me, but for a doctor who has your whole patient history...shame on them.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  23. New Member
    bono1132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    4280
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    87.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    Pretty dumb of your doctor to shrug it off. The original post would have been a red flag for me, but for a doctor who has your whole patient history...shame on them.
    Just because it's not a common issue for that form of prednisone, I wasnt happy about it especially with what I was dealing with mentally, just told me to see a physician, but the guy saved my eye and I'm doing a little better now so I won't hold a grudge, plus the endocronology doctors are takin care of me now and its a fantastic staff and to them I'm an interesting case so they are giving me a lot of attention. Maybe I can sweet talk them into some Clomid (jk)
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Increasing natural test and the supplements
    By chainsaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 08:25 PM
  2. 5HTP increase cortisol and AMORYN
    By T-Bone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 02:49 PM
  3. Stress, cortisol, and muscle breakdown...
    By lifted in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 01:23 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2003, 12:50 AM
  5. At the 1 hour mark: finish workout or avoid cortisol and stop?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 08:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in