BCAA's first thing in the morning

  1. Registered User
    chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,212
    Rep Power
    3817

    BCAA's first thing in the morning


    Anybody try this... BCAA's first thing in the morning upon waking to stop catabolism because of fasted sleep? Is there any benefit or just a waste?

  2. Registered User
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    goose creek, sc
    Posts
    9,340
    Rep Power
    2533509

    Ehhhh.....
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    3clipseGT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    9,942
    Rep Power
    1141106

    Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    Anybody try this... BCAA's first thing in the morning upon waking to stop catabolism because of fasted sleep? Is there any benefit or just a waste?
    I think its more of an individual thing and trying out different setups etc.

    I myself dont take any aminos before bed or when i get up. Now if your going to get up and do morning fasted cardio or training then i would definitely get some aminos in you prior to that.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    new york
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,984
    Rep Power
    7167089

    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    I think its more of an individual thing and trying out different setups etc.

    I myself dont take any aminos before bed or when i get up. Now if your going to get up and do morning fasted cardio or training then i would definitely get some aminos in you prior to that.
    exactly what I was going to say. plus if you do any kind of IF you should probably have some too
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,771
    Rep Power
    945020

    Agreed with the above. Besides that if I want some amino acids in the morning I will eat some protein.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  6. Registered User
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    new york
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,984
    Rep Power
    7167089

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    Agreed with the above. Besides that if I want some amino acids in the morning I will eat some protein.
    i hit the weights at 0430 so I chug aminos. Having steak and eggs that early wouldn't sit well. lol
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  7. Registered User
    ayanes35's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Flagstaff
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    287074

    I train first thing in the morning so I will either chug a scoop of whey protein or drink some aminos when I wake up because I hate eating breakfast before my workout. Then I make a nice big breakfast afterwards!
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,090
    Rep Power
    932047

    I would just go with whey.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
    Sign up for INSANE deals via our newsletter: www.mninsider.com
  9. Registered User
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250882

    Like the others have stated, the only time I would feel the need to take BCAA's first thing in the morning would be if I was on LG or IF or about to start some fasted cardio. Otherwise I just eat a meal. I love me some cereal!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,771
    Rep Power
    945020

    Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post
    i hit the weights at 0430 so I chug aminos. Having steak and eggs that early wouldn't sit well. lol

    Oh man I agree. Spent most of last year 5AM lifting. Aminos were the only thing I even seemed slightly appealing.
    Even then I'd go EAA over BCAA myself.
    my buddy use to eat like big meals like you stated and I was like....HOW haha
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  11. Registered User
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    new york
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,984
    Rep Power
    7167089

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post

    Oh man I agree. Spent most of last year 5AM lifting. Aminos were the only thing I even seemed slightly appealing.
    Even then I'd go EAA over BCAA myself.
    my buddy use to eat like big meals like you stated and I was like....HOW haha
    Yeah man. If I eat anything its got to digest for an hour minimum before I go lift or I'm at a big risk of tossing it
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  12. Registered User
    drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    EATING for BULK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,931
    Rep Power
    2870703

    Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post
    Yeah man. If I eat anything its got to digest for an hour minimum before I go lift or I'm at a big risk of tossing it
    I'm closer to 2 hours after a meal.
  13. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,081
    Rep Power
    3164581

    Some diets call for it. I use the current PES BCAA that is in the making between meals

    I also will chug some BCAAs if I am having one of those morning where I have no food and it will be a while before I get to food
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  14. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    3clipseGT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    9,942
    Rep Power
    1141106

    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Some diets call for it. I use the current PES BCAA that is in the making between meals

    I also will chug some BCAAs if I am having one of those morning where I have no food and it will be a while before I get to food
    Yea ill also drink some aminos if i know its going to be a bit longer between meals. Seems to help my hunger a lot.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Fasting before cardio first thing in the morning.
    By FATGUY in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 01:53 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 08:30 AM
  3. Question about running first thing in the morning
    By jimmbow in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 02:06 PM
  4. CARDIO* first thing in the morning
    By Tom 185 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 02:39 PM
  5. Digestion first thing in the morning...
    By Jcc in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in