BCAA's first thing in the morning

  1. Senior Member
    chainsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,227
    Rep Power
    3828
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    64.03%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    BCAA's first thing in the morning


    Anybody try this... BCAA's first thing in the morning upon waking to stop catabolism because of fasted sleep? Is there any benefit or just a waste?

  2. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,863
    Rep Power
    3047795
    Level
    80
    Lv. Percent
    92.44%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Ehhhh.....
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. On my grind
    3clipseGT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    10,009
    Rep Power
    1295509
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    14.56%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    Anybody try this... BCAA's first thing in the morning upon waking to stop catabolism because of fasted sleep? Is there any benefit or just a waste?
    I think its more of an individual thing and trying out different setups etc.

    I myself dont take any aminos before bed or when i get up. Now if your going to get up and do morning fasted cardio or training then i would definitely get some aminos in you prior to that.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,903
    Rep Power
    7167052
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    42.55%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    I think its more of an individual thing and trying out different setups etc.

    I myself dont take any aminos before bed or when i get up. Now if your going to get up and do morning fasted cardio or training then i would definitely get some aminos in you prior to that.
    exactly what I was going to say. plus if you do any kind of IF you should probably have some too
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  5. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,904
    Rep Power
    1475612
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    67.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Agreed with the above. Besides that if I want some amino acids in the morning I will eat some protein.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  6. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,903
    Rep Power
    7167052
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    42.55%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    Agreed with the above. Besides that if I want some amino acids in the morning I will eat some protein.
    i hit the weights at 0430 so I chug aminos. Having steak and eggs that early wouldn't sit well. lol
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  7. New Member
    ayanes35's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    287078
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    56.59%

    I train first thing in the morning so I will either chug a scoop of whey protein or drink some aminos when I wake up because I hate eating breakfast before my workout. Then I make a nice big breakfast afterwards!
  8. Board Sponsor
    SwolenONE's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,414
    Rep Power
    1407012
    Level
    61
    Lv. Percent
    50.87%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    I would just go with whey.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
    Sign up for INSANE deals via our newsletter: www.mninsider.com
  9. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250886
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.25%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Like the others have stated, the only time I would feel the need to take BCAA's first thing in the morning would be if I was on LG or IF or about to start some fasted cardio. Otherwise I just eat a meal. I love me some cereal!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  10. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,904
    Rep Power
    1475612
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    67.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post
    i hit the weights at 0430 so I chug aminos. Having steak and eggs that early wouldn't sit well. lol

    Oh man I agree. Spent most of last year 5AM lifting. Aminos were the only thing I even seemed slightly appealing.
    Even then I'd go EAA over BCAA myself.
    my buddy use to eat like big meals like you stated and I was like....HOW haha
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  11. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,903
    Rep Power
    7167052
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    42.55%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post

    Oh man I agree. Spent most of last year 5AM lifting. Aminos were the only thing I even seemed slightly appealing.
    Even then I'd go EAA over BCAA myself.
    my buddy use to eat like big meals like you stated and I was like....HOW haha
    Yeah man. If I eat anything its got to digest for an hour minimum before I go lift or I'm at a big risk of tossing it
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  12. Professional Member
    drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,929
    Rep Power
    2870706
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    2.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post
    Yeah man. If I eat anything its got to digest for an hour minimum before I go lift or I'm at a big risk of tossing it
    I'm closer to 2 hours after a meal.
  13. PESCIENCE.com
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,387
    Rep Power
    3938830
    Level
    85
    Lv. Percent
    55.55%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Some diets call for it. I use the current PES BCAA that is in the making between meals

    I also will chug some BCAAs if I am having one of those morning where I have no food and it will be a while before I get to food
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  14. On my grind
    3clipseGT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    10,009
    Rep Power
    1295509
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    14.56%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Some diets call for it. I use the current PES BCAA that is in the making between meals

    I also will chug some BCAAs if I am having one of those morning where I have no food and it will be a while before I get to food
    Yea ill also drink some aminos if i know its going to be a bit longer between meals. Seems to help my hunger a lot.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Fasting before cardio first thing in the morning.
    By FATGUY in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 03:53 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 10:30 AM
  3. Question about running first thing in the morning
    By jimmbow in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 04:06 PM
  4. CARDIO* first thing in the morning
    By Tom 185 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 04:39 PM
  5. Digestion first thing in the morning...
    By Jcc in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 12:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in