MANSports PF3: what to look for. compiled testimony

Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    @thescience look dude you're arguing with individuals whose sole purpose in life is science.
    I'm going to pretend you didn't say that. If my sole purpose was science, I'd have pursued a PhD. My purpose is to help people with something that matters a lot more than trivial discussion here...their health. Let's not get personal because this is something I am excessively passionate about, for better or worse. I've experienced more than enough, both in my own life and through the lives of others, to believe that the single most important thing in life is health. No one realizes this until something really bad happens and life loses all meaning.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I have zero idea what you're saying here. Your admiration for Coop is adorable lol but I wasn't talking to Coop. I was commenting on what boogerboy posted. Coop has been in the supplement industry longer than I have been and is fully aware of how it works.
    Oh maybe that wasn't addressed to me. Thought it was odd because we get along great
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I have zero idea what you're saying here. Your admiration for Coop is adorable lol .
    Americans and so so American Spaniards.. I have much love for Coop, bdcc, David Dunn, thebigt, LTL and some other SO WHAT... This does no harm if I am thinking some people here on this one site are Gents. and others on jerk side.

    But on for the bigger picture....do not play with some peoples health/ well being unless track record is there first.. .. Do no harm first..... To pocket book nor health...... Tired are the people of being duped into spending their hard earned monies so you will have it...

    People can not put every sally, jane, and betty out for the people thinking it is going to be win for the pocketbooks.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I'm going to pretend you didn't say that. If my sole purpose was science, I'd have pursued a PhD. My purpose is to help people with something that matters a lot more than trivial discussion here...their health. Let's not get personal because this is something I am excessively passionate about, for better or worse. I've experienced more than enough, both in my own life and through the lives of others, to believe that the single most important thing in life is health. No one realizes this until something really bad happens and life loses all meaning.
    I did say that no need to pretend I didn't, nor is there any reason take some sort of authoritarian stance with me of "I'm going to pretend you didn't say that." At the same time the science comment wasn't specifically addressing you. Although, you know that the majority of your posts ITT included are studies trump everything all the time. I apologize I should have been more specific to studies vs anecdote instead of science. I know your career path, I'm headed in the same direction. Everyone has been through stuff in their lives that's neither here nor there.

    I'm merely adding my opinion in this which is I hope it's a good product. I don't use protein in supplement form except trutein rarely and only due to time constraints. If something ACTUALLY revolutionary (doubtful) came out in the supplement protein market I would be excited. I hope it pans out.

    MAN is a company that you and I both have recommended products from due to them being pretty damn good; I'm hoping this follows suit.

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Oh maybe that wasn't addressed to me. Thought it was odd because we get along great
    My comment was based on boogerboy's comment which is why I quoted it.

    We do get along well lol always have...
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I did say that no need to pretend I didn't, nor is there any reason take some sort of authoritarian stance with me of "I'm going to pretend you didn't say that." At the same time the science comment wasn't specifically addressing you. Although, you know that the majority of your posts ITT included are studies trump everything all the time. I apologize I should have been more specific to studies vs anecdote. I know your career path, I'm headed in the same direction. I'm merely adding my opinion in this which is I hope it's a good product. I don't use protein in supplement form except trutein rarely and only due to time constraints. If something ACTUALLY revolutionary (doubtful) came out in the supplement industry I would be excited. I hope it pans out.

    MAN is a company that you and I both have recommended products from due to them being pretty damn good; I'm hoping this follows suit.



    My comment was based on boogerboy's comment, the one I quoted.

    We do get along well lol always have...
    Yeah I didn't mean to sound like that, tone-wise. I literally was going to pretend the comment never happened, otherwise I'd lose my beloved SNS reps .

    Sorry for the misunderstanding. I actually do get that comment from time to time from people who mean it and it drives me nuts!
    •   
       


  6. BOARD TYRANT | TEAM GET DIESEL | GETDIESEL.COM
    FeFiFo.com support
    DIESEL TEST = Underground Kings of Test elevation!


  7. First I think Spaniard does not like Touey and know Piston does not like Touey...Would I like to know why those two post?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    First I think Spaniard does not like Touey and know Piston does not like Touey...Would I like to know why those two post?
    Would you? Or, you would? One of those I can help with.

    I don't not like you; I just can't understand what you're saying or trying to say. And from what I've seen recently in your interactions with many esteemed members of the community here, you become adversarial and petulant when you get an answer you don't like. Maybe it's the language barrier; maybe you thrive on confrontations. We all goof around from time to time, but at least we are offering insight or advice. I just don't often see you post anything worthwhile.
    BOARD TYRANT | TEAM GET DIESEL | GETDIESEL.COM
    FeFiFo.com support
    DIESEL TEST = Underground Kings of Test elevation!


  9. Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    Americans and so so American Spaniards.. I have much love for Coop, bdcc, David Dunn, thebigt, LTL and some other SO WHAT... This does no harm if I am thinking some people here on this one site are Gents. and others on jerk side.

    But on for the bigger picture....do not play with some peoples health/ well being unless track record is there first.. .. Do no harm first..... To pocket book nor health...... Tired are the people of being duped into spending their hard earned monies so you will have it...

    People can not put every sally, jane, and betty out for the people thinking it is going to be win for the pocketbooks.
    Hey man you live in Italy, right? My family is from Potenza. While having my ethnicity being mostly European - Italian and Spanish - I take it offensive when people say you Americans as a negative thing.

    Of course people don't want to waste their hard wanted money on stuff that doesn't work which is why you take the info given by people like coop, deeb etc, then do your own research and see how the reviews are (anecdote). No argument from me there and I never argued that point.

    Also, I'm in healthcare as well and care about the health of people just as much as Cyrus (coop) does.
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    First I think Spaniard does not like Touey and know Piston does not like Touey...Would I like to know why those two post?
    Just start another alphamine thread, it will make you feel better.....
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post

    Hey man you live in Italy, right? My family is from Potenza. While having my ethnicity being mostly European - Italian and Spanish - I take it offensive when people say you Americans as a negative thing.

    Of course people don't want to waste their hard wanted money on stuff that doesn't work which is why you take the info given by people like coop, deeb etc, then do your own research and see how the reviews are (anecdote). No argument from me there and I never argued that point.

    Also, I'm in healthcare as well and care about the health of people just as much as Cyrus (coop) does.
    http://youtu.be/Efiw7BPk_BM
    BOARD TYRANT | TEAM GET DIESEL | GETDIESEL.COM
    FeFiFo.com support
    DIESEL TEST = Underground Kings of Test elevation!


  12. Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    Would you? Or, you would? One of those I can help with.

    I don't not like you; I just can't understand what you're saying or trying to say. And from what I've seen recently in your interactions with many esteemed members of the community here, you become adversarial and petulant when you get an answer you don't like. Maybe it's the language barrier; maybe you thrive on confrontations. We all goof around from time to time, but at least we are offering insight or advice. I just don't often see you post anything worthwhile.
    Whew a lot for Touey here...first will say sorry Honda I made fun of you other avi.. I should not joke around like that, but it was only a joke.. I wish you would be going back!!! Because I like that one much MORE so than the scary one you have now. I think I know what speaking to it is about the latter part am and sorry can not speak on it for the regulations of Anabolic Minds but hope you will be knowing it has nothing to do with honda personally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Hey man you live in Italy, right? My family is from Potenza. While having my ethnicity being mostly European - Italian and Spanish - I take it offensive when people say you Americans as a negative thing.
    I see exactly Spanirard where you are coming from. My wife is American and I spend some much time in America and love all the people very much. I love idea that America is very different than Europe and it is a task on my family what Obama is doing on my the health plan my wife has for our family.



    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Just start another alphamine thread, it will make you feel better.....
    For hvactech and the lovely family it is seeming he has...How can you go wrong there.

  13. Touey is good people in my books

  14. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post

    Just start another alphamine thread, it will make you feel better.....
    Wow that makes how many now
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

  15. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Touey is good people in my books
    He is starting to grow on me.............
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    @thescience look dude you're arguing with individuals whose sole purpose in life is science. You're fighting a never ending battle. Once ingredients come out they can and WILL dissect the **** out of it based on science for better or worse.

    I'm in agreement with you that anecdote is important. Personal anecdote is an extremely important PART of the puzzle but "scientific" minds can and never will be able to understand nor will they admit that anything is even close to as important as their studies. It's not really a fault of their own it's just how they work. There are faults with anecdote and science. The pharmaceutical industry is based on scientific studies yet pharmaceuticals KILL people or put them in the hospital frequently and are influenced by placebo as well.

    IMO narrow minded science ONLY type of thinking greatly limits people. Science is a tool to see what has promising results and what could be worth while for a person to try as an individual. After all, just because something worked in a study doesn't mean it will do anything for each person as an individual. People need to (like the pharmaceutical industry) use these scientific minds for what they offer - information. Their opinion despite their beliefs, due to being scientific minded, are NOT the end all be all to anything. Take the information provided, research a bit more, pay attention to the ANECDOTE (very helpful) and decide for yourself if you think it would work for YOU.

    That being said this thread has been arguing about a supplement based purely on speculation. Going back and forth with scientific minds about the science of ingredients that haven't even been released is only providing a venue for people to say wait until OUR newsletter comes out for the real "science" which IMO takes away from what this product is about. To me it seems as if this product is trying to branch out and bring an innovative product in an otherwise saturated market with the same blends etc. If a company such as MAN with a great reputation of a supplement line is bringing something out like this and trying to innovate that's good news for the industry. However, if it fails to deliver that could be a pretty big downfall for a company. MAN knows that and based on reputation alone should say a lot for a company.
    very true

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Diesel0022 View Post
    You'd hate my log, since I am a company rep on another forum, I cannot say anything negative. So I told Ray, like I do for everything, I would run it for 2 weeks, than fill in the gaps. Never got to that point because it was all negative, the only thing I got out of it was a ****ty tasting protein shake.

    Much to my surprise, nothing happened. I did not look like Ronnie Coleman, my gonads did not shrink, blood pressure was fine, I gained 0 lean mass. (sarcasm)

    But, you really cant expect anything from oral peptides, because they don't do anything except lighten your wallet

    Change your username to something a little more fitting, maybe TheShilling or something along those lines.

    i wouldnt hate your log; i'll take all the data i can get until more information is released

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post

    Sharp introduced the first LCD TV to the commercial market. Do you have a Sharp LCD TV or are you a sellout and own a Samsung, Vizio, LG...?
    I sold out. I went and bought an LG!! Good analogy Valdez

  19. So, Can you answer if the patent on this is going to be MAN Sports, or you're licensing a patent pending ingredient from someone else?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by De__eB View Post
    So, Can you answer if the patent on this is going to be MAN Sports, or you're licensing a patent pending ingredient from someone else?
    thats a really great question; its possible to learn tons about something from a patent. i looked on all the information I have and while I see the trademark, I dont see it associated with any company; typically, when I see companies selling somethiing according to someone else's patent, i see reference to the patent number or even the company, but i cant find anything. the fact that pf3 is considered patent-pending means we are talking about a recent developement, my guess being we are talking about a different extraction %

  21. thescience, or somebody from MAN, please explain this question that I've had about PF3 and the other product which I shall not name out of respect. This is a question I had which the rep from the other company, who's name shall not be named here, was unable to answer. Here goes:

    If 1 serving of PF3 is the equivalent of let's say 10 grams of whey protein or even 25 grams of whey protein (25 grams is what is claimed by the other company's product) worth of bioactive peptides, why would this be superior to just taking the whey protein in the first place? If the answer is that you are now doubling the amount of bioactive peptides without doubling the calories/aminos/etc. so that you can better absorb aminos for muscle protein synthesis (which is kind of what the other company very vaguely is trying to imply as far as I could understand from what they were saying about their product), why wouldn't one then just opt to take two scoops of whey protein instead? I mean, if more of these peptides in ones system causes better AA absorption for muscle protein synthesis, doubling ones servings for a shake would also double the amount of bioactive peptides right? There also must be some kind of limit to how much of these peptides the body can take and use, in which leads me to the next question, what would this ceiling be before you end up at the point where they just won't add further enhancement for AA absorption and use towards muscle protein synthesis.

    So long story short, if I was to go by what the people at the other company was saying about the product, in terms of how to use it and what it would theoretically do (basically more peptides ='s better AA absorption for muscle protein synthesis), why would it be better to for example take 1 serving of PF3 or the other product along with your 1 scoop protein shake as opposed to taking just 2 scoops of protein thus doubling these peptides AND doubling the AA or if we are talking about whole foods, a whole foods meal + a protein shake. I'm not even going to bother touching on the IGF content since I honestly don't think ingesting it orally would actually do anything and it's probably on the label because it's one of the components which was extracted from what I'm guessing is colostrum (or another similar source) along with the bioactive peptides.

    Btw, not trying to knock on the product or anything, it's just that everything that has been explained and described thus far is just really really vague and of course there's no real published studies I could find about supplementing with these bioactive peptides in isolation (though plenty of info on colostrum but colostrum is a far cry from these bioactive peptides freeform/in isolation).

  22. Very good questions, and unfortunately as I've stated before, info and writeups won't be available or discussed until release, which will be beginning of August.

    Info is tight-lipped at the moment to ensure nothing gets leaked before its release. I know it's killing you guys to not have this info; it's killing us reps too! As with anything secretive like this, the less people that know, the better-kept the info.

    All WILL be revealed soon, just not before the product release. It may not be the answer you guys want to hear, but its the best I can give you now.
    BOARD TYRANT | TEAM GET DIESEL | GETDIESEL.COM
    FeFiFo.com support
    DIESEL TEST = Underground Kings of Test elevation!


  23. [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    thescience, or somebody from MAN, please explain this question that I've had about PF3 and the other product which I shall not name out of respect. This is a question I had which the rep from the other company, who's name shall not be named here, was unable to answer
    .

    awesome question. first off, taking 10 grams of the other product sounds pretty innovative; its like something i would try. from what i know about with the serving size on that product though, and the cost of the container, i personally couldnt afford what all that would cost. great idea though; if money were no object, id have dont it. im excited about PF3 because of the amount given for the price point.

    Here goes:If 1 serving of PF3 is the equivalent of let's say 10 grams of whey protein or even 25 grams of whey protein (25 grams is what is claimed by the other company's product) worth of bioactive peptides, why would this be superior to just taking the whey protein in the first place? If the answer is that you are now doubling the amount of bioactive peptides without doubling the calories/aminos/etc.



    so that you can better absorb aminos for muscle protein synthesis (which is kind of what the other company very vaguely is trying to imply as far as I could understand from what they were saying about their product), why wouldn't one then just opt to take two scoops of whey protein instead?

    with regards to you question about just doubling your protein, say whey isolate, instead; we are talking about a compound that im told comprises 3% of a protein product. at 20g a serving of whey isolate, that would equate approximately 600mg, instead of the 6.5gram to 13 gram serving suggestions with PF3.


    I mean, if more of these peptides in ones system causes better AA absorption for muscle protein synthesis, doubling ones servings for a shake would also double the amount of bioactive peptides right?
    what you said about bioactive peptides and amino acid absorption is very interesting to me. the idea MANSports advertized stating a vacuum effect on absorption has made alot of people curious and skeptical. While we dont have confirmation of ratios, %'s, or even all the substances in PF3 at this time, I would love to start talking about bioactive peptides for the sake of discussion however, as i have alot to say about them


    just going to throw this out there about oral IGF benefits even when not carried into the bloodstream:

    "IGF-1 and EGF stimulate the growth and proliferation of the mucosa that results in a larger surface area for nutrient absorption in the gut as well as a more developed barrier function."


  24. Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    awesome question. first off, taking 10 grams of the other product sounds pretty innovative; its like something i would try. from what i know about with the serving size on that product though, and the cost of the container, i personally couldnt afford what all that would cost. great idea though; if money were no object, id have dont it.yeah, the vagueness at this moment is due to a bunch of us scrambling to talk about something containing ingredients that will not be disclosed until release. there are alot of things in protein powder that can be extracted and dosed high, so even those of us who have a good idea of what it is, cant say for sure. with regards to you question about just doubling your protein, say whey isolate, instead; we are talking about a compound that im told comprises 3% of a protein product. at 20g a serving of whey isolate, that would equate approximately 600mg, instead of the 6.5gram to 13 gram serving suggestions with PF3.what you said about bioactive peptides and amino acid absorption is very interesting to me. the idea MANSports advertized stating a vacuum effect on absorption has made alot of people curious and skeptical. While we dont have confirmation of ratios, %'s, or even all the substances in PF3 at this time, I would love to start talking about bioactive peptides for the sake of discussion however, as i have alot to say about them
    Ah, so 6.5 grams to 13 grams, yeah, that's a super dose alright. The other product from the other company is only 1.5 grams per serving.

    Anticipation has been killing me for so long! Ok ok, realistically, the past 3 months or so :P The info is going to come out when the product releases though right? Hope so, this product and similar product from the other company I've been curious and wanted to experiment with but of course, would like to know what it was first, ha ha.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    Ah, so 6.5 grams to 13 grams, yeah, that's a super dose alright. The other product from the other company is only 1.5 grams per serving.Anticipation has been killing me for so long! Ok ok, realistically, the past 3 months or so :P The info is going to come out when the product releases though right? Hope so, this product and similar product from the other company I've been curious and wanted to experiment with but of course, would like to know what it was first, ha ha.
    i like your style man. im the same way with taking supplements. i have to laugh when i read about studies done using 2mg of zinc. who would ever take such a small amount? Yeah, i got to hand it to creators here for putting a MAN's dosage in their product. i cant wait until i find out everything thats in it and the percentages of everything

  26. Well it won't be much longer..
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com

  27. of course, the statement about Pf3 going "directly into the bloodstream" may be a reference to the action of short-chain peptides, which (unlike protein) enter the bloodstream through the stomach; there are so many things that could be in this

  28. Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    of course, the statement about Pf3 going "directly into the bloodstream" may be a reference to the action of short-chain peptides, which (unlike protein) enter the bloodstream through the stomach;
    That's a stretch...
    That's clearly not what the Game Day write-up says at all.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance187 View Post
    That's a stretch...
    That's clearly not what the Game Day write-up says at all.
    well, i agree everything is a sketch when we arent looking at a CoA. The fact is a huge potential for a number of largely unused substances exists in this area MAN is tapping into; people pick up cissus quadrangularis, often with no information presented on how much ketosterones are present; while consumers continue to take what works, the underlying yield can remain unspoken.

    All ive seen on Game Day, with reference to Pf3, is reference to a "compound including" what everyone has seen listed. my feeling is there is room here for speculation

  30. Bookmarked
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 05:09 AM
  2. I need help on what else to look for
    By DSGB in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-30-2011, 04:29 PM
  3. What to look for in bloodwork?
    By Jlavergne9 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 12:23 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 07:52 PM
  5. Week by Week what to look for.
    By wikked1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-06-2003, 12:35 PM
Log in
Log in