First time cutting - how to time Alphamine + IF

Hyperfluxe

Awards
Hello,

I've been bulking ever since I started lifting (12 months now), and it's damn well time for a cut (186lb @ 16%bf @ 5'6). I've done some research on these forums and will definitely be taking Alphamine as my primary cutting supplement. Now I was wondering, how do I time Alphamine if I do intermittent fasting. I wake up at 7, and go to bed around 11. I train 3 days/week (Texas Method).

My understanding is that as soon as I wake up I take 2 scoops of Alphamine as my "breakfast", and then I fast until I train. Right before I train, I take 1 scoop of Alphamine as my pwo (along with Hemavol)? And when I'm done training, I eat all my calories until bedtime? This is what I have in mind but I'm trying to figure out if there's a better way of doing things. Please give suggestions, thanks!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Many people have done the IF Protocol while using Alphamine.

How long do you plan on fasting throughout the day?

Since you wake at 7, take 1-2 scoops in the morning. Roughly 4-5 hours later take your second dose of Alphamine, and if you use it pre-workout, Hemavol is a great addition. If you dose twice a day, then a morning and pre-workout dose will work great, but if you go 1 scoop three times per day, you will have to get in that third dose at some time later in the day.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your set up should be effective. I would start with one scoop in the morning to assess tolerance though. From there you can either go to 2 upon waking and 1 pre or 1.5 upon waking and 1.5 pre (if you want more kick pre-workout as well).

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
Can someone give us some helpful links on IF + Alphamine?

I am to date struggling with a dose that would not keep me awake till 4am.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can someone give us some helpful links on IF + Alphamine?

I am to date struggling with a dose that would not keep me awake till 4am.
How are you dosing it? When is your latest dose for the day?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I tried IF for a long time and it destroyed my stomach.
Eating after being on a empty stomach for so long caused havoc on my digestive system. I tried everything but I could not handle the bloating, sore stomach and digestive problems.

Didn't even see any real fat loss and was on a strict diet. What it did do though now I've stopped has decreased my hunger earlier in the mornings and sometimes all the way to lunch, I am doing IF without even knowing.

It works for some people and some people it just isn't meant to be. So stick with IF if you can buy if its causing you too much problems don't bother. I know it works great for most people! With alphamine would be a great addition!

The above post has some great info

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IF is just more for convenience and what works for you and your schedule. Its not a miracle worker like some believe. It does have some benefits but I've tried it twice and never really liked it especially for my goals.

Hyperfluxe

Awards
My schedule: I wake up at 7am, have school from 9am until 2pm to 5pm (depending on the day). I train Mon/Wed/Fri at 3-4. My Monday session takes about 3 hours (volume day), Wednesdays take 1 hour (Recovery day), and Fridays take 1.5 hours (intensity day). I usually eat dinner aroun 7:30-8, and dinner is my biggest meal so it would make sense to have all my calories from 3-11pm (11 is bedtime) right?

Also, won't it very hard to eat all my calories after I take alphamine preworkout because of appetite suppression?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My schedule: I wake up at 7am, have school from 9am until 2pm to 5pm (depending on the day). I train Mon/Wed/Fri at 3-4. My Monday session takes about 3 hours (volume day), Wednesdays take 1 hour (Recovery day), and Fridays take 1.5 hours (intensity day). I usually eat dinner aroun 7:30-8, and dinner is my biggest meal so it would make sense to have all my calories from 3-11pm (11 is bedtime) right?

Also, won't it very hard to eat all my calories after I take alphamine preworkout because of appetite suppression?
Ya if you do want to do some form of IF then take some Alphamine upon waking and then some more pre-workout. Then have your feeding window after your workout (3-11 would be fine).

The appetite suppression may make it harder to fit in your calories if you need a lot, but if you are cutting then your intake will already be lower than usual. Do you know what your caloric intake for this cut will be?

Hyperfluxe

Awards
Ya if you do want to do some form of IF then take some Alphamine upon waking and then some more pre-workout. Then have your feeding window after your workout (3-11 would be fine).

The appetite suppression may make it harder to fit in your calories if you need a lot, but if you are cutting then your intake will already be lower than usual. Do you know what your caloric intake for this cut will be?
Wow this forum is awesome, you guys reply so fast. My caloric intake is going to be ~2400cals initially, which is around 10% down from my maintenance (~2700). That's a good starting point for someone who's very keen on holding on to their strength levels and muscle mass right?

See the thing is I don't think I can do IF during Mondays and Fridays because my workout is right in the middle of my feeding window (i.e. I start at 3, I'll be done at 6 on Monday and 4:30 on Friday). Would it be fine to not do IF on those days and just eat lunch before my session? I can definitely do IF on Tues/Wed/Thurs/Sat/Sun, but it doesn't seem feasible on Mondays and Fridays unless if I eat some calories a couple hours before my workout.

One more question: I don't take preworkout on non lifting days, so do I still take 3 scoops total of Alphamine?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As mentioned above I wouldn't force yourself into IF if it doesn't fit your schedule. You could always just have a larger feeding window on days that it isn't conducive to your schedule. In general overall caloric intake will be much more important than if you fast during the day. I just like IF at times for convenience and to allow me larger meals. :)

On off days feel free to work your way up to 3 scoops total as well.

Hyperfluxe

Awards
As mentioned above I wouldn't force yourself into IF if it doesn't fit your schedule. You could always just have a larger feeding window on days that it isn't conducive to your schedule. In general overall caloric intake will be much more important than if you fast during the day. I just like IF at times for convenience and to allow me larger meals. :)

I don't need to take 3 scoops do I? 1.5scoops of Craze is perfect for me if that can be used a reference.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You don't need 3 scoops and I wouldn't take more than 2 at a time (if that is what you are implying). The ingredients in Alphamine go beyond just energy though so it is still important to take each day if you want the full benefits.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established

Exactly this. It isn't a miracle fat loss plan.
It isn't for everyone's schedule.
I'd rather just calorie deficit

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
How are you dosing it? When is your latest dose for the day?
If this question was for me. The answer is 4pm.

I tried IF for a long time and it destroyed my stomach.
Eating after being on a empty stomach for so long caused havoc on my digestive system. I tried everything but I could not handle the bloating, sore stomach and digestive problems.

Didn't even see any real fat loss and was on a strict diet. What it did do though now I've stopped has decreased my hunger earlier in the mornings and sometimes all the way to lunch, I am doing IF without even knowing.

It works for some people and some people it just isn't meant to be. So stick with IF if you can buy if its causing you too much problems don't bother. I know it works great for most people! With alphamine would be a great addition!

The above post has some great info
Alphamine has caused me GI Distress, though in my case everything does.I am not sure if I made any progress with IF and Alphamine l

Like Kbayne asked..what does your daily schedule look like?

Just as a FYI: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pes/218661-fasting-benefits-alphamine.html

Wonderful article. I wonder where Kevin disappeared?

Problem is my routine is not fixed, Non travel days I try to workout in the PM between 8-10pm.Monday and Thursday are flying days so they are toast, since outside of travel I still put in about 7 hours of work in.

I would probably revisit this thread a little later. Just to identify what I can do better.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Alphamine has caused me GI Distress, though in my case everything does.I am not sure if I made any progress with IF and Alphamine l.
Yeah, I really think IF is overrated for me anyways.
Eating all my food in a period of time (8 hours or so) does not do good things for my stomach

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I really think IF is overrated for me anyways.
Eating all my food in a period of time (8 hours or so) does not do good things for my stomach
My problem is .75 scoop sometimes sends me to the crapper a lot. I think I might have UC though. I do not have the cojones to get to the doctor.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Ive tried IF and just cant do it......