Lactose intollerant outta nowhere

  1. Lactose intollerant outta nowhere


    Sooo, about a month or two ago, my body, out of the blue, started rejecting dairy! Great....just friggin great!!! I tried making my protein shakes with water, but the whey still aggravated my stomach, and lactaid was no help.
    I'm looking into other ways to get my proteins in. I'm a pretty hard gainer, so shakes are a must. What are your opinions on egg proteins? I'm looking into ON's, just looking for some feedback.
    Thanks!


  2. Have you tried any Isolates like Isoflex or the Sytha 6 Iso? Those are easy for consumers with GI issues

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Labor day sale- http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...ml#post5068496

  3. Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Have you tried any Isolates like Isoflex or the Sytha 6 Iso? Those are easy for consumers with GI issues
    No I haven't. I'll take a look at them though, thanks
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    No I haven't. I'll take a look at them though, thanks
    I'm sorry to hear about your recent bout of lactose intolerance, you may consult a health professional to have your health checked out and see if there is an underlying issue. Chances are that your body's balance just changed and there's no problem, but it's always best to take your health seriously.

    If you're looking for a great-tasting option that won't cause gastrointestinal distress, iForce just came out with ISOtean. At ~$30 for around two pounds, it's one of the most inexpensive high quality isolates available...and I'm betting Nutraplanet will have killer deals on it soon, anyways.
    iFORCE NUTRITION REPRESENTATIVE

    iTRAIN. iCOMPETE. iDOMINATE.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    Sooo, about a month or two ago, my body, out of the blue, started rejecting dairy! Great....just friggin great!!! I tried making my protein shakes with water, but the whey still aggravated my stomach, and lactaid was no help.
    I'm looking into other ways to get my proteins in. I'm a pretty hard gainer, so shakes are a must. What are your opinions on egg proteins? I'm looking into ON's, just looking for some feedback.
    Thanks!
    Did you take any antibiotics? If you did ull need to rebuild your healthy gut bacteria by an elimination diet and supplementing with a good pre/probiotic product. If you didn't take an antibiotic my suggestion to you is to stop eating gmo garbage and go on a fast of all organic nuts fruits and veggies for a period of time. Look into leaky gut syndrome.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  6. You may be dairy intolerant. That goes beyond lactose and classifies dairy all together. Wont know until you remove all dairy foods and slowly start reintroducing.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    Sooo, about a month or two ago, my body, out of the blue, started rejecting dairy! Great....just friggin great!!! I tried making my protein shakes with water, but the whey still aggravated my stomach, and lactaid was no help.
    I'm looking into other ways to get my proteins in. I'm a pretty hard gainer, so shakes are a must. What are your opinions on egg proteins? I'm looking into ON's, just looking for some feedback.
    Thanks!
    It's pretty common for people to become lactose intolerant as they get older, about 3/4 do to some extent. Egg-based ones should be fine, but do look into the isolates.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    It's pretty common for people to become lactose intolerant as they get older, about 3/4 do to some extent. Egg-based ones should be fine, but do look into the isolates.
    I just wish the Isolates werent so expensive these days. They are really unaffordable for the college age guys on here with limited cash

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Labor day sale- http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...ml#post5068496

  9. Wrivest- That sucks dude. I'm lactose intolerant too and it hit me late, when I was in high school. I was going to suggest lactaid, because it works great for me, but I just noticed that you said you tried it. Good luck man and I suggest Almond Milk to mix your protein shakes with, when you find a suitable protein source that doesn't mess with you.

  10. Had the same issue, Whey Isolates give me NO issues, make sure the protein blend dont have Whey Concentrates in it, just straight Isolates.

    Whey Concentrates give my stomach HELL.



    Whey Isolates mixed w/ Lactaid milk,

  11. I can't touch Whey Concentrate - but Whey Isolate is better than fine - it helps my stomach. Being a super hard gainer myself - any of these two helped me pack on muscle without feeling nauseous, as long as I stuck to plain Vanilla.

    They're both same ingredient and both come in 10lbs Jugs/Bags

    Ultimate Nutrition - ISO MASS XTREME (go with this if you're from USA)
    MVP - POWER MASS XTREME (or this if you're in CANADA)

    The only thing I like better about MVP is it don't have the fishy smell..and once i ordered peanut butter flavor
    and it made me feel sick.... Vanilla is fine for both I find.

  12. Awesome advice guys, I appreciate it. Gonna give myself the ultimate test and try pizza this weekend (it's my only food vice). If this fails, I'm gonna cry!!

  13. No such thing as a hard gainer, you're just an under-eater.

    Try eating more whole food than will comfortably fit into your stomach about 4x/day.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by fujindemon74 View Post
    No such thing as a hard gainer, you're just an under-eater.

    Try eating more whole food than will comfortably fit into your stomach about 4x/day.
    I slightly disagree. While yes, normal I need to eat more, but that's not always easy on a tight budget. There have been times (deployed mostly) when the food is endless and I took FULL advantage! Eating between 4 and 6 times a day, and still had a very hard time gaining size and weight. It's almost like any time I do anything cardio based I lose 5lbs! It drives me nuts!

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    Awesome advice guys, I appreciate it. Gonna give myself the ultimate test and try pizza this weekend (it's my only food vice). If this fails, I'm gonna cry!!
    Have you tried Lactaid with eating dairy products such as cheese or yogurt? It works for me. Maybe it's just the protein powder that's upsetting your stomach and Lactaid won't help.

  16. ISOTEAN is available now...100% lactose free, 30g of whey isolate per scoop, and only 29.99 for 2lbs. cant be beat!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    ISOTEAN is available now...100% lactose free, 30g of whey isolate per scoop, and only 29.99 for 2lbs. cant be beat!
    I got to check it out

  18. Quote Originally Posted by burpees View Post
    I got to check it out
    This, I didnt realize Isotean was already out. Certainly going on my order next month!
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
    Sign up for INSANE deals via our newsletter: www.mninsider.com

  19. For the price of a latte I can buy a 32oz container of natural PB with 6400 calories, which is about 1142 cal/dollar.
    For the price of about two lattes I can buy a 14oz container of virgin coconut oil with a total of 3360 calories, which is about 420 cal/dollar and also mixes well with my morning coffee. It has replaced pre-workouts for me a long time ago and I've saved a ton of $$$ which I use to buy real food.
    My breakfast (lots of bacon, eggs, toast w/ prune spread) costs less than a latte, has about 1300 calories, which is about 325 cal/dollar.
    In contrast, for the price of about 10 lattes I can buy a 4lb tub of protein with a total of 7770 calories, which is about 155 cal/dollar.

    My budget is tight as well.
    While my examples are limited, food is generally cheaper than supplements.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by UncleWade View Post
    Chances are that your body's balance just changed and there's no problem
    this
    always good insight from UW..happened to me in my 20s
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    ISOTEAN is available now...100% lactose free, 30g of whey isolate per scoop, and only 29.99 for 2lbs. cant be beat!
    $15/lb seems about average for a quality isolate, decent but no steal of deal
    lots of options, in that price range..is always nice to have another option tho
    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Did you take any antibiotics? If you did ull need to rebuild your healthy gut bacteria by an elimination diet and supplementing with a good pre/probiotic product.
    interesting point..too little is understood about digestive properties by the masses
    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    I just wish the Isolates werent so expensive these days. They are really unaffordable for the college age guys on here with limited cash
    hmm would rather pay more, for a hi-quality product than less to save $
    understood on a budget - we all have one, all about making wise choices with what we have allotted
    if you feel the need to skimp on protein/supps with cheap choices, put that $ toward quality foods instead
    Quote Originally Posted by fujindemon74 View Post
    For the price of a latte I can buy a 32oz container of natural PB with 6400 calories, which is about 1142 cal/dollar.
    For the price of about two lattes I can buy a 14oz container of virgin coconut oil with a total of 3360 calories, which is about 420 cal/dollar and also mixes well with my morning coffee. It has replaced pre-workouts for me a long time ago and I've saved a ton of $$$ which I use to buy real food.
    My breakfast (lots of bacon, eggs, toast w/ prune spread) costs less than a latte, has about 1300 calories, which is about 325 cal/dollar.
    In contrast, for the price of about 10 lattes I can buy a 4lb tub of protein with a total of 7770 calories, which is about 155 cal/dollar.

    My budget is tight as well.
    While my examples are limited, food is generally cheaper than supplements.
    very nice, I am impressed

  21. Happened to me too but wiit heggs. If you eat too much of a food your body will reject it. Sucks. That's why a lot of asians are actually allergic to rice. Just the way the body works. Ease back into dairy.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by BigBrucy View Post
    Happened to me too but wiit heggs. If you eat too much of a food your body will reject it. Sucks. That's why a lot of asians are actually allergic to rice. Just the way the body works. Ease back into dairy.
    Unless your drinking organic milk consider it a blessing. Conventional milk is awful for you.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  23. ^^ this
    cow milk sucks, period..no grown man should be drinking milk
    almond/coconut milk , FTW

  24. Quote Originally Posted by BigBrucy View Post
    Happened to me too but wiit heggs. If you eat too much of a food your body will reject it. Sucks. That's why a lot of asians are actually allergic to rice. Just the way the body works. Ease back into dairy.
    Asians are allergic to rice? never heard that one before..

    With Lactase its pretty well known that as we age we lose the enzymes to metabolize it. Happens to many (but not to all). Again you also may be dairy intolerant so even if you drink Whey Isolate you may still have issues.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Duywayne View Post
    Asians are allergic to rice? never heard that one before..
    well..it's quite false to make a blanket statement such as was made there by that guy, however understand that rice is a grain, and some grains in general cause sensitivity in many ppl

    I wouldn't say all Asians are allergic to rice - but, because of the prevalence of rice as a food item and the large population over there, the combination makes rice allergy a more common phenomenon than any other part of the world
  26. nunzie59
    nunzie59's Avatar

    Ditto


    Same thing happened to me. When I had my annual physical, the doctor recommended I cut out the dairy, and if that wasn't enough, also cut out gluten. I have since switched to Goat Milk Protein and cut way back on the wheat products. It seems to make a huge difference in digestion.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. bobo's plan and the lactose intolerent
    By aspire210 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2006, 05:27 PM
  2. gyno out of nowhere!!
    By baby a in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 07:13 AM
  3. omega flex outta stock
    By massmonster in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 08:05 PM
  4. Lactose-free whey?
    By T-Bar in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-24-2003, 04:35 AM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-22-2003, 12:45 AM
Log in
Log in