Natty Test Booster for 55 yr old

El Hefe

El Hefe

Awards
I have a good friend who is 55 yrs old. His last blood report showed his test in the low 300's. About 5 years ago it was in the 450-500 range. He's probably going to need TRT in the near future, but for now, he'd like to try on OTC supp.

He's never taken any prohormones or AAS. He works out 3-4 times per week and probably rides a bike 3-4 miles per week. His diet is decent. Although he has improved his diet and exercise over the last 12 months, he's been experiencing some signs of low test (fat gain, low libido, energy, etc).

I'd like some opinions on what natty test boosters would be best for him. Specifically, something natty/non suppressive.

I have a few favorite natty test boosters of my own, but some of them are either out of stock or may not be a good fit.

Your thoughts?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would just go with DAA. Cheap and effective. But he really should start looking into TRT.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I would just go with DAA. Cheap and effective. But he really should start looking into TRT.
Agreed with this. Bulk DAA is his best bet right now for OTC however with pathophysiologically low T (T levels below the normal reference range) DAA might not help much.

TRT should be something he is looking into.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
+1 to all above. Go with what the doc says is best.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you can afford TRT it is the way to go but not all insurances will cover TRT and if you don't want to do injections the other options are fairly expensive ones usually. It seems Axiron and Testim are the ones that seem to be supported. Check out Titanium and look into some quality 3,4-divanillytetrahydrofuran extract, try to keep what you do have free and unbound. It will also help with the prostate.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a good friend who is 55 yrs old. His last blood report showed his test in the low 300's. About 5 years ago it was in the 450-500 range. He's probably going to need TRT in the near future, but for now, he'd like to try on OTC supp.

He's never taken any prohormones or AAS. He works out 3-4 times per week and probably rides a bike 3-4 miles per week. His diet is decent. Although he has improved his diet and exercise over the last 12 months, he's been experiencing some signs of low test (fat gain, low libido, energy, etc).

I'd like some opinions on what natty test boosters would be best for him. Specifically, something natty/non suppressive.

I have a few favorite natty test boosters of my own, but some of them are either out of stock or may not be a good fit.

Your thoughts?
What does his doctor tell him?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Agreed that it might be time for TRT, but bulk DAA is cheap enough to give it a go and see if it helps in the meantime.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you can afford TRT it is the way to go but not all insurances will cover TRT and if you don't want to do injections the other options are fairly expensive ones usually. It seems Axiron and Testim are the ones that seem to be supported. Check out Titanium and look into some quality 3,4-divanillytetrahydrofuran extract, try to keep what you do have free and unbound. It will also help with the prostate.
Throw in some DAA and you're golden.

El Hefe

El Hefe

Awards
In regards to TRT, I'm in total agreement with you guys.

Here's a little more info:

He approached me about a month ago with his issues (loss of energy, libido, fat gain, etc). I told him that he needed to run bloods and he did. I also explained that it was very likely at his age that he would need TRT. He didn't know the acronym so I explained it. This was all extremely new to him and I could tell he was having to digest some of this new info.

A few days later he got his bloods back. The doc simply told him he was within range albeit the low range. The doc actually never mentioned a thing about hormone replacement therapy.

Well, when my friend shares the bloods with me, once again, TRT is my first response. That probably confuses him even more. We're good friends and he trusts me. But he has to be wondering why me and his doc aren't on the same page.

In summary, I've had a TRT discussion 3 times with him understanding this is a big deacon and change for him. He's coming around to the idea. When he gets there, getting the doc on board may be another challenge. But for now, he'd like to try the OTC route.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Although it might be time for TRT here is a quick patch for the problem....

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) The PCT Revolution Black Bundle Stack (LIMITED TIME): Discount The PCT Revolution Black Bundle Stack Supplements

Also if this gentelman works out he might be interested in our IGNITE2 to further elevate testosterone. We do advise using IGNITE2 on non training days as well for that reason though.

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) Finaflex Ignite 2 (30 servings): Discount Finaflex Ignite 2 Supplements

Drock1234

Awards
My pops is 70 and I gave him a couple bottles of BioForge. He's been on 2 caps/day (low dose) for an extended period of time. Told me he's had big improvements in energy, stamina and libido.

In fact, he likes it so much, he blamed me when Biotivia was out of stock for a while :D

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Although it might be time for TRT here is a quick patch for the problem....

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) The PCT Revolution Black Bundle Stack (LIMITED TIME): Discount The PCT Revolution Black Bundle Stack Supplements

Also if this gentelman works out he might be interested in our IGNITE2 to further elevate testosterone. We do advise using IGNITE2 on non training days as well for that reason though.

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) Finaflex Ignite 2 (30 servings): Discount Finaflex Ignite 2 Supplements
I agree with Monty. PCT black is a great all inclusive test booster and when taken befote bed enhances sleep, libido and mood IMO.

You also may want to look into adding Pure Test to stack with the PCT Black. The two go togethor like peanutbutter and jelly. IMo its a 1+1= 3. Great sleep enhancement, libido boost, increase in mood, and obvioudly test boosting to go with.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with Monty. PCT black is a great all inclusive test booster and when taken befote bed enhances sleep, libido and mood IMO.

You also may want to look into adding Pure Test to stack with the PCT Black. The two go togethor like peanutbutter and jelly. IMo its a 1+1= 3. Great sleep enhancement, libido boost, increase in mood, and obvioudly test boosting to go with.
Or you can go with bulk DAA instead of Pure Test, saves A LOT of $$$$

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Or you can go with bulk DAA instead of Pure Test, saves A LOT of $$$$
Bulk DAA is in fact cheaper but given the number of people who experience frequent toilet runs while using bulk daa, its probably worth the extra few bucks :)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
D-Pol / Recycle combo from Purus is one of my T-booster favorites

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
TRT would be my first choice if not that then I would go with DAA then. It's really a cheap and useful product that could help boost his test levels a good amount. I also think that he should consider upping his workouts to 4-5 days per week. This will naturally increase his test over time. What is he doing about his diet? Is he tracking his macros. If he is he should also use My Fitness Pal for all calorie needs. Good luck to him.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bulk DAA is in fact cheaper but given the number of people who experience frequent toilet runs while using bulk daa, its probably worth the extra few bucks :)
Yea i have seen a lot of people with stomach issues on bulk DAA. I myself havnt had any issues with the PureTest and i havnt read of anyone having stomach issues, not saying it hasnt happened, i just havnt read it.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
In the short term, go with D-Pol - most cost effective - least stomach churning choice. And then move toward TRT.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
They are the same exact compound...D-aspartic Acid and D-aspartic Acid. It's stuff like sodium or calcium-chelated DAA that eliminates GI issues by improving solubility and subsequent delivery in the gut mucosa.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They are the same exact compound...D-aspartic Acid and D-aspartic Acid. It's stuff like sodium or calcium-chelated DAA that eliminates GI issues by improving solubility and subsequent delivery in the gut mucosa.
Doesn't really address why some people experience gi distress while using bulk daa and not when using pure test (or other forms of non bulk powder. Possibly dosing)....also why water in mexico gives people the runs who aren't from there....they are both h2o right?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Doesn't really address why some people experience gi distress while using bulk daa and not when using pure test (or other forms of non bulk powder. Possibly dosing)....also why water in mexico gives people the runs who aren't from there....they are both h2o right?
No, the water in mexico contains microbes that are pathogenic to the GI tract. Water is also regulated for mineral and toxin content in the United States, something that does not occur in Mexico.

Bottled water from Mexico and bottled water from the US, both of which contain essentially pure water, will not give GI distress to whomever drinks it. That would be a more relevant analogy.

DAA is DAA. Unless bulk DAA is contaminated, they are exactly the same. Now, could splitting up doses help? Sure.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, the water in mexico contains microbes that are pathogenic to the GI tract.

There's nothing to address. DAA is DAA. Unless bulk DAA is contaminated, they are exactly the same. Now, could splitting up doses help? Sure.
Sooooo exactly my point. Thanks for affirming such.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Sooooo exactly my point. Thanks for affirming such.
So your point, with this post:

was that OP should try splitting up doses to avoid GI issues caused by DAA?

Come on...

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So your point, with this post:

was that OP should try splitting up doses to avoid GI issues caused by DAA?

Come on...
It was to use a form, or as you would like to elude to, a delivery method that would negate the consistant complaints of gi distress experienced by users of bulk DAA.

Or do those complaints not hold merit?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
It was to use a form, or as you would like to elude to, a delivery method that would negate the consistant complaints of gi distress experienced by users of bulk DAA.

Or do those complaints not hold merit?
Gotcha, then that is what I would have said to avoid confusion: Capped DAA, as with Pure Test, allows the user the ability to spread apart doses with minimal hassle. This helps more DAA end up in the body and less in the stool.

I interpreted it differently after you made the water comparison because it didn't seem relevant to dose timing, but in the end, it's just a simple miscommunication.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
OP My test levels were around 370 and Dr put me on androgel. It helped with lethargy and maybe libido but that's about it. DAA(and I don't mean some cheap bs bulk for $5) has done more for me in terms of strength and endurance
just out of curiosity, do you have test levels with daa for comparison?

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
just out of curiosity, do you have test levels with daa for comparison?
No but I am due for blood work so I will probably get some done next week. Im not saying androgel sucks but its definitely not the Holy grail like Abbott makes it out to be

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Your thoughts?
IGF 2 hands down.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sure, all water is the same . . . I'll send you a lifetime of water from Chernobyl, you'll only need a few gallons because you are not gonna live to long I predict ;)

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BTW, I have never had GI distress from bulk DAA

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No but I am due for blood work so I will probably get some done next week. Im not saying androgel sucks but its definitely not the Holy grail like Abbott makes it out to be
Gotta love the marketting eh.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
If you want to go the natural route go with DAA but I would say TRT is a much better choice.

I don't know how your life is but let me tell you about my dad.

For couple of years (probably 4-5 for more than a couple) my dad has low T. I could tell by him becoming more insensate to comments (and boy he is NOT sensitive...nobody in his family is. They say some extremely cruel thing to each other and that's when they just joking around) and he was losing muscle way faster than one should in his 50s and he would flip a lot of times out of nowhere. Always tired, always took to long to recover from things, just did not look good.

About 5-6 months ago he went to his doctor and they got a test...came back 100 (so much lower than yours). Doctor put him on TRT and everything is different. He has A LOT more energy, not sensitive to anything, laughs, no mood swings, nothing. He has a job that deals with a lot of complex math and he does not workout but his back is thicker, legs, delts, and his arms are bigger.

He actually just turned 55. If I were I would get on TRT.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
TRT would be the most likely scenario for him as has been mentioned before, but as for natty boosters that can help with the sides of low T iForce has a line that could help: Tribulus 2400, Testabolan V2, Reversitol V2, Intimidate SRT, and Tropinol XP.

Of course the Tribulus would be more for libido.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man if i still worked for AppNut i would send you a bottle of IGF 2. Thats how confident i am in that product.

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
DAA does seem to have a lot of positive feedback. However I've had great results with 3,4-divanillytetrahydrofuran extract after extensive use and testing. I suggest this as you emphasized "natty" test booster.It allows you to utilize more of your Testosterone, by increasing the free-unbound Testosterone available for androgenic receptor binding. It's worth a look!

Aubb

Awards
I'm 56 just started working out again after 30 years of beer,where can I get DAA?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I'm 56 just started working out again after 30 years of beer,where can I get DAA?
www.nutraplanet.com is a good place to start. There are quite a few solid DAA products on the market, as well as an additional product or two that would be very smart to run with it.

Aubb

Awards
All of this is new to me,I was a solid 240 lbs when I was younger without any supplements.
I'll check into TRT,but I haven't seen a doctor in deccades.
I just want to get as big and as strong as I can,don't really care how I look.
I have joint problems from old injuries,bad shoulder and two bad knees,I'm I too old to get about a solid 250 lbs?
thanks

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
All of this is new to me,I was a solid 240 lbs when I was younger without any supplements.
I'll check into TRT,but I haven't seen a doctor in deccades.
I just want to get as big and as strong as I can,don't really care how I look.
I have joint problems from old injuries,bad shoulder and two bad knees,I'm I too old to get about a solid 250 lbs?
thanks
I wouldnt say that you are to old, it will just be a lot of work mostly based on age. But there are a lot of things you can do to help yourself out and help excel your results. If you eat clean yet eat A LOT that will help with gains, along with supplementing with some natty test (as the title suggests) like iForce Tribulus 2400, Intimidate SRT, REVERSITOL V2 and TESTABOLAN. Not sure if you are taking something for your joints or not, but might I suggest something like iForce Joint Help. I have been using it for my shoulder and knee issues and it has done wonders for me. And it already has Cissus in it which is great for joints.

Aubb

Awards
I eat very clean, always have,organic when I can local organic beef and milk,local spring water.
Even when I drank massive amounts of beer,it was beer I home brewed with spring water.
These are the supplements I got within the last week,p6 black extreme got it cheap I hear it's over priced junk,now joint support powder,
creatine mono,whey concentrate,fish oil,flax oil,c4 preworkout.
I try some of the supplements you guys are suggesting before too long,thanks for the help.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I eat very clean, always have,organic when I can local organic beef and milk,local spring water.
Even when I drank massive amounts of beer,it was beer I home brewed with spring water.
These are the supplements I got within the last week,p6 black extreme got it cheap I hear it's over priced junk,now joint support powder,
creatine mono,whey concentrate,fish oil,flax oil,c4 preworkout.
I try some of the supplements you guys are suggesting before too long,thanks for the help.
Not a problem. Side note, good to hear someone else homebrews on here too :) Been doing it for 6 years and love it.

El Hefe

El Hefe

Awards
Thanks for all of the replies and recommendations. I'm sure my friend will eventually go the TRT route. But for now, he wasn't ready. Not only that, his doctor wasn't on board.

Decided to go with Hypertest by Axis Labs. Thought it was worth a try for some test boosting ingredients but primarily for the Avena Sativa and its ability to increase free T. I've used it before in PCT when Unleashed was out of stock (which is almost always).

Hypertest ingredients:
Bulgarian Tribulus 1,000 mg
Avena Sativa, Eurycoma Longifolia, Urtica Dioica, Maca Root, ZMA, Epimedium, Chrysin, Cnidium Monnieri, Vit B-6, Bioperine, 1285 mg
Eleuthero Root, Ashwagandha Root, Rhodiola Rosea, 475 mg

After a couple weeks he says he's noticed a significant change. Most notably, more energy in the morning and throughout the day. He also said his libido has improved. It's effects were most apparent to him when he went out of town for a few days and forgot to take it.

He'll get bloods in a couple weeks to see if his numbers have changed.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What kind of benefits do you experience with IGF-2? I like the majority of App Nut. products, but I have yet to try this one out.
Thanks
Libido, great sleep, great to use on a bulk. My favorite supplement on the market.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Libido, great sleep, great to use on a bulk. My favorite supplement on the market.
Thanks for the reply man. I'm not much of a believer in natural GH boosters. Personally, I don't believe they can actually boost GH by enough to gain results from them. And they tend to just make me feel fatigued and groggy during the day. But IGF 2 seems to also incorporate a test boosting effect also which probably helps. I may give this one a try on my next natty bulk. I'm thinking it may work well in an Anabeta Elite stack. Have you tried stacking the two R1Balla?
Thanks

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the reply man. I'm not much of a believer in natural GH boosters. Personally, I don't believe they can actually boost GH by enough to gain results from them. And they tend to just make me feel fatigued and groggy during the day. But IGF 2 seems to also incorporate a test boosting effect also which probably helps. I may give this one a try on my next natty bulk. I'm thinking it may work well in an Anabeta Elite stack. Have you tried stacking the two R1Balla?
Thanks
ive used OG anabeta and IGF 2 , not anabeta elite. and yes, many people think GH boosters are crap. alot of them are. But the ones that I like, I have used for 8 weeks. a 4 week stack wont do anything. I remember back in '08,'09, everybody was using IGF 2. idk what happened lol