Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.47%

Natty Test Booster for 55 yr old

I have a good friend who is 55 yrs old. His last blood report showed his test in the low 300's. About 5 years ago it was in the 450-500 range. He's probably going to need TRT in the near future, but for now, he'd like to try on OTC supp.

He's never taken any prohormones or AAS. He works out 3-4 times per week and probably rides a bike 3-4 miles per week. His diet is decent. Although he has improved his diet and exercise over the last 12 months, he's been experiencing some signs of low test (fat gain, low libido, energy, etc).

I'd like some opinions on what natty test boosters would be best for him. Specifically, something natty/non suppressive.

I have a few favorite natty test boosters of my own, but some of them are either out of stock or may not be a good fit.

Your thoughts?

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I would just go with DAA. Cheap and effective. But he really should start looking into TRT.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.26%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by warbird01 View Post
    I would just go with DAA. Cheap and effective. But he really should start looking into TRT.
    Agreed with this. Bulk DAA is his best bet right now for OTC however with pathophysiologically low T (T levels below the normal reference range) DAA might not help much.

TRT should be something he is looking into.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.72%

+1 to all above. Go with what the doc says is best.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominateÖiForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.44%
    Achievements Activity Pro

If you can afford TRT it is the way to go but not all insurances will cover TRT and if you don't want to do injections the other options are fairly expensive ones usually. It seems Axiron and Testim are the ones that seem to be supported. Check out Titanium and look into some quality 3,4-divanillytetrahydrofuran extract, try to keep what you do have free and unbound. It will also help with the prostate.
    www.athletixsports.com Facebook: Athletix Sports Instagram: @athletixsports Twitter: @Athletix_Sports.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.5%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by El Hefe View Post
    I have a good friend who is 55 yrs old. His last blood report showed his test in the low 300's. About 5 years ago it was in the 450-500 range. He's probably going to need TRT in the near future, but for now, he'd like to try on OTC supp.

He's never taken any prohormones or AAS. He works out 3-4 times per week and probably rides a bike 3-4 miles per week. His diet is decent. Although he has improved his diet and exercise over the last 12 months, he's been experiencing some signs of low test (fat gain, low libido, energy, etc).

I'd like some opinions on what natty test boosters would be best for him. Specifically, something natty/non suppressive.

I have a few favorite natty test boosters of my own, but some of them are either out of stock or may not be a good fit.

Your thoughts?
    What does his doctor tell him?
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

At age 55, it's time for TRT
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.96%

Agreed that it might be time for TRT, but bulk DAA is cheap enough to give it a go and see if it helps in the meantime.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Athletix View Post
    If you can afford TRT it is the way to go but not all insurances will cover TRT and if you don't want to do injections the other options are fairly expensive ones usually. It seems Axiron and Testim are the ones that seem to be supported. Check out Titanium and look into some quality 3,4-divanillytetrahydrofuran extract, try to keep what you do have free and unbound. It will also help with the prostate.
    Throw in some DAA and you're golden.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.47%

In regards to TRT, I'm in total agreement with you guys.

Here's a little more info:

He approached me about a month ago with his issues (loss of energy, libido, fat gain, etc). I told him that he needed to run bloods and he did. I also explained that it was very likely at his age that he would need TRT. He didn't know the acronym so I explained it. This was all extremely new to him and I could tell he was having to digest some of this new info.

A few days later he got his bloods back. The doc simply told him he was within range albeit the low range. The doc actually never mentioned a thing about hormone replacement therapy.

Well, when my friend shares the bloods with me, once again, TRT is my first response. That probably confuses him even more. We're good friends and he trusts me. But he has to be wondering why me and his doc aren't on the same page.

In summary, I've had a TRT discussion 3 times with him understanding this is a big deacon and change for him. He's coming around to the idea. When he gets there, getting the doc on board may be another challenge. But for now, he'd like to try the OTC route.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.6%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Although it might be time for TRT here is a quick patch for the problem....

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) The PCT Revolution Black Bundle Stack (LIMITED TIME): Discount The PCT Revolution Black Bundle Stack Supplements

Also if this gentelman works out he might be interested in our IGNITE2 to further elevate testosterone. We do advise using IGNITE2 on non training days as well for that reason though.

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) Finaflex Ignite 2 (30 servings): Discount Finaflex Ignite 2 Supplements
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR
    Visist our website at www.FINAFLEX.com

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.46%

My pops is 70 and I gave him a couple bottles of BioForge. He's been on 2 caps/day (low dose) for an extended period of time. Told me he's had big improvements in energy, stamina and libido.

In fact, he likes it so much, he blamed me when Biotivia was out of stock for a while
  13. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.56%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Although it might be time for TRT here is a quick patch for the problem....

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) The PCT Revolution Black Bundle Stack (LIMITED TIME): Discount The PCT Revolution Black Bundle Stack Supplements

Also if this gentelman works out he might be interested in our IGNITE2 to further elevate testosterone. We do advise using IGNITE2 on non training days as well for that reason though.

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) Finaflex Ignite 2 (30 servings): Discount Finaflex Ignite 2 Supplements
    I agree with Monty. PCT black is a great all inclusive test booster and when taken befote bed enhances sleep, libido and mood IMO.

You also may want to look into adding Pure Test to stack with the PCT Black. The two go togethor like peanutbutter and jelly. IMo its a 1+1= 3. Great sleep enhancement, libido boost, increase in mood, and obvioudly test boosting to go with.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.95%

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    I agree with Monty. PCT black is a great all inclusive test booster and when taken befote bed enhances sleep, libido and mood IMO.

You also may want to look into adding Pure Test to stack with the PCT Black. The two go togethor like peanutbutter and jelly. IMo its a 1+1= 3. Great sleep enhancement, libido boost, increase in mood, and obvioudly test boosting to go with.
    Or you can go with bulk DAA instead of Pure Test, saves A LOT of $$$$
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over

15. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.6%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post

Or you can go with bulk DAA instead of Pure Test, saves A LOT of $$$$
    Bulk DAA is in fact cheaper but given the number of people who experience frequent toilet runs while using bulk daa, its probably worth the extra few bucks

16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

D-Pol / Recycle combo from Purus is one of my T-booster favorites
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  17. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.03%

TRT would be my first choice if not that then I would go with DAA then. It's really a cheap and useful product that could help boost his test levels a good amount. I also think that he should consider upping his workouts to 4-5 days per week. This will naturally increase his test over time. What is he doing about his diet? Is he tracking his macros. If he is he should also use My Fitness Pal for all calorie needs. Good luck to him.
  18. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.56%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Bulk DAA is in fact cheaper but given the number of people who experience frequent toilet runs while using bulk daa, its probably worth the extra few bucks
    Yea i have seen a lot of people with stomach issues on bulk DAA. I myself havnt had any issues with the PureTest and i havnt read of anyone having stomach issues, not saying it hasnt happened, i just havnt read it.
  19. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.41%

In the short term, go with D-Pol - most cost effective - least stomach churning choice. And then move toward TRT.
  20. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

They are the same exact compound...D-aspartic Acid and D-aspartic Acid. It's stuff like sodium or calcium-chelated DAA that eliminates GI issues by improving solubility and subsequent delivery in the gut mucosa.
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.95%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    They are the same exact compound...D-aspartic Acid and D-aspartic Acid. It's stuff like sodium or calcium-chelated DAA that eliminates GI issues by improving solubility and subsequent delivery in the gut mucosa.
    166 servings for $30
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/n...500-grams.html

vs Pure Test, 3 bottle for $30 will last 60 days
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-

22. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.6%

Doesn't really address why some people experience gi distress while using bulk daa and not when using pure test (or other forms of non bulk powder. Possibly dosing)....also why water in mexico gives people the runs who aren't from there....they are both h2o right?

23. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.54%

Doesn't really address why some people experience gi distress while using bulk daa and not when using pure test (or other forms of non bulk powder. Possibly dosing)....also why water in mexico gives people the runs who aren't from there....they are both h2o right?
    No, the water in mexico contains microbes that are pathogenic to the GI tract. Water is also regulated for mineral and toxin content in the United States, something that does not occur in Mexico.

Bottled water from Mexico and bottled water from the US, both of which contain essentially pure water, will not give GI distress to whomever drinks it. That would be a more relevant analogy.

DAA is DAA. Unless bulk DAA is contaminated, they are exactly the same. Now, could splitting up doses help? Sure.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.6%

No, the water in mexico contains microbes that are pathogenic to the GI tract.

There's nothing to address. DAA is DAA. Unless bulk DAA is contaminated, they are exactly the same. Now, could splitting up doses help? Sure.
    Sooooo exactly my point. Thanks for affirming such.

25. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.54%

Sooooo exactly my point. Thanks for affirming such.
    So your point, with this post:

was that OP should try splitting up doses to avoid GI issues caused by DAA?

Come on...
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.6%

So your point, with this post:

was that OP should try splitting up doses to avoid GI issues caused by DAA?

Come on...
    It was to use a form, or as you would like to elude to, a delivery method that would negate the consistant complaints of gi distress experienced by users of bulk DAA.

Or do those complaints not hold merit?

27. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.54%

It was to use a form, or as you would like to elude to, a delivery method that would negate the consistant complaints of gi distress experienced by users of bulk DAA.

Or do those complaints not hold merit?
    Gotcha, then that is what I would have said to avoid confusion: Capped DAA, as with Pure Test, allows the user the ability to spread apart doses with minimal hassle. This helps more DAA end up in the body and less in the stool.

I interpreted it differently after you made the water comparison because it didn't seem relevant to dose timing, but in the end, it's just a simple miscommunication.
  28. Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

OP My test levels were around 370 and Dr put me on androgel. It helped with lethargy and maybe libido but that's about it. DAA(and I don't mean some cheap bs bulk for $5) has done more for me in terms of strength and endurance

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    snsgamers.com
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.15%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    OP My test levels were around 370 and Dr put me on androgel. It helped with lethargy and maybe libido but that's about it. DAA(and I don't mean some cheap bs bulk for $5) has done more for me in terms of strength and endurance
    just out of curiosity, do you have test levels with daa for comparison?
  30. Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.34%

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    just out of curiosity, do you have test levels with daa for comparison?
    No but I am due for blood work so I will probably get some done next week. Im not saying androgel sucks but its definitely not the Holy grail like Abbott makes it out to be

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    snsgamers.com
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

Quote Originally Posted by El Hefe View Post

Your thoughts?
    IGF 2 hands down.
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.95%

sure, all water is the same . . . I'll send you a lifetime of water from Chernobyl, you'll only need a few gallons because you are not gonna live to long I predict
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-

33. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.95%

BTW, I have never had GI distress from bulk DAA
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-

34. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.6%

Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post
    BTW, I have never had GI distress from bulk DAA
    Glad to hear that.

35. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.56%

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    No but I am due for blood work so I will probably get some done next week. Im not saying androgel sucks but its definitely not the Holy grail like Abbott makes it out to be
    Gotta love the marketting eh.
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.04%

If you want to go the natural route go with DAA but I would say TRT is a much better choice.

I don't know how your life is but let me tell you about my dad.

For couple of years (probably 4-5 for more than a couple) my dad has low T. I could tell by him becoming more insensate to comments (and boy he is NOT sensitive...nobody in his family is. They say some extremely cruel thing to each other and that's when they just joking around) and he was losing muscle way faster than one should in his 50s and he would flip a lot of times out of nowhere. Always tired, always took to long to recover from things, just did not look good.

About 5-6 months ago he went to his doctor and they got a test...came back 100 (so much lower than yours). Doctor put him on TRT and everything is different. He has A LOT more energy, not sensitive to anything, laughs, no mood swings, nothing. He has a job that deals with a lot of complex math and he does not workout but his back is thicker, legs, delts, and his arms are bigger.

He actually just turned 55. If I were I would get on TRT.
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.2%
    Achievements Activity Pro

TRT would be the most likely scenario for him as has been mentioned before, but as for natty boosters that can help with the sides of low T iForce has a line that could help: Tribulus 2400, Testabolan V2, Reversitol V2, Intimidate SRT, and Tropinol XP.

Of course the Tribulus would be more for libido.
  38. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%

man if i still worked for AppNut i would send you a bottle of IGF 2. Thats how confident i am in that product.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.5%

DAA does seem to have a lot of positive feedback. However I've had great results with 3,4-divanillytetrahydrofuran extract after extensive use and testing. I suggest this as you emphasized "natty" test booster.It allows you to utilize more of your Testosterone, by increasing the free-unbound Testosterone available for androgenic receptor binding. It's worth a look!
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    Completely FREE samples of PowerMax ​available exclusively on our website
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.83%

I'm 56 just started working out again after 30 years of beer,where can I get DAA?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Test booster for 47 yr old???
    By knockout189 in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-27-2013, 02:20 PM
  2. best natty test booster for pct?
    By wxman in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 07:46 AM
  3. Running a Natty Test Booster for 4 weeks after PCT?
    By juice3320 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 08:05 PM
  4. Which Natty Test Booster for PCT?
    By Xodus in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 09:41 PM