D aspartic acid

alphanik

alphanik

Awards
Hi all..Considering giving d aspartic acid a try..anyone used this supplements and have some feedback on how they used it and how it performed..

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I enjoy daa. You plan on using straight bulk daa? I'd recommend dpol, or test powder myself.

Normal dosing protocol is 3 grams per day. 8 weeks on 4 off. Takes some time to kick in, so don't get frazzled it you don't feel it week 1.

alphanik

alphanik

Awards
Ye I was going to go the straight bulk d-aspartic acid but I'll look into the other two you mentioned..I've been taking Tribulus and definately noticed better sleep,libido and aggression in the gym...

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ye I was going to go the straight bulk d-aspartic acid but I'll look into the other two you mentioned..I've been taking Tribulus and definately noticed better sleep,libido and aggression in the gym...
**** bulk DAA unless you want to crap your brains out for 8 weeks.

DPol, Test Powder, or T-Blast

All Tribulus is good for is libido

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Bulk DAA made me crap my brains out and stop taking it - no benefit.
Best bang for the buck is D-pol. I recommend the powdered version

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Daa is a hit or miss with me, i used recourse just fine but test powder and form-x had my stomach churning all day long

d1sc1ple

Awards
Any powdered DAA makes me crap, like explosively! Go with the D-Pol pills.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
RIP Prometheus Rising :( (my favorite daa product)

You might consider throwing in something like Nolvadren XT in with your bulk daa to enhance the effects. I typically stagger mine.

1-2 weeks - daa
3-8 weeks - daa + Nolvadren
9-10 weeks - Nolvadren

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good call man. Go with SNS bulk DAA we have caps or powder. We use the same exact form as found in the studies - sodium d aspartate. If you do end up having GI issues space out the dosage brotha, half in the morning half at night, easy fix :) Don't listen to all the negative Nancies in here. If you're going to try it you might as well try the one backed by human studies. And just a heads up Dpol is also Sodium D Aspartate.

Any other questions or thoughts let us know

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
RIP Prometheus Rising :( (my favorite daa product)

You might consider throwing in something like Nolvadren XT in with your bulk daa to enhance the effects. I typically stagger mine.

1-2 weeks - daa
3-8 weeks - daa + Nolvadren
9-10 weeks - Nolvadren
Daa/nxt stack has recieved stellar reviews

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you are getting good results from tribulus you should definitely try a high percentage extract of fenugreek. We have been using it in our Titanium product for years now and it is absolutely fantastic. DAA can be beneficial, you can always add it on the side on your own but it does come with its own inherent risks as well and unfortunately I can't take it because it gives me stomach upset.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/athletix/titanium-90-caps.html

The P. major extract is great for exercise induced fatigue as well and can help buffer lactic acid formation for better workouts.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Good call man. Go with SNS bulk DAA we have caps or powder. We use the same exact form as found in the studies - sodium d aspartate. If you do end up having GI issues space out the dosage brotha, half in the morning half at night, easy fix :) Don't listen to all the negative Nancies in here. If you're going to try it you might as well try the one backed by human studies. And just a heads up Dpol is also Sodium D Aspartate.

Sums it up.

Both are great options and contain the same form of DAA. SNS DAA can be dosed at anytime whereas dpol is best PWO (as it contains nitrates).

Mission1

Mission1

Awards
  • Established

Very good advice from a trusted rep .

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Go with d-pol - no GI issues, best results out there and a great price and I am not a company rep lol....

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never experienced problems with bulk DAA. Test Powder and D-Pol would be two I'd check into if I ever did have issues with bulk DAA.

crackerdoctor

crackerdoctor

Awards
Just go with the bulk DAA powder, it works for me. 8 on 4 off, 3 grams a day preworkout.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Currently using dpol and nolvadren xt......awsome so far!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
daa is pretty useless as a standalone product or if your not using it for pct...it doesn't give any real gym results

the only time daa has added gym results is when combined with another test booster like tropinol xp, then you'll see some body comp changes and strength increases

cedman1

cedman1

Awards
I normally use a stack for DAA like Noxitest and Testradex with Trib and DHEA. However once I did try the bulk DAA and noticed the increase in bathroom visits as well. I never experimented to determine whether it was because I was taking a full dosage at once or if I should have tried spreading it out over the day.

I was also only taking DAA to help with a recomp as well.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
daa is pretty useless as a standalone product or if your not using it for pct...it doesn't give any real gym results

the only time daa has added gym results is when combined with another test booster like tropinol xp, then you'll see some body comp changes and strength increases
I am currently having the best run of my life on DAA only (well DPOL). Tropinal xp (with or without DAA) did not do much for me....However, ABE or Bioforge - game changers...

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've been running PR-XT + Na DAA + forskolin and just added in Nolvadren XT for a recomp. Down about 0.5lbs since the start I think, but have lost .25" off my waist in the last week alone.

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
Lol test boosters

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

For you or are you talking about people in general? I ask because I have personally seen good results with it as have many others.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For you or are you talking about people in general? I ask because I have personally seen good results with it as have many others.
for myself of course, but i'd suspect more ppl have been disapointed with daa as a standalone product than happy....the hype just went too far

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I unfortunately was a non responder with DAA as well. Well maybe I shouldn't say non responder as I responded with explosive diarahhea and headaches that were crippling at any dose. Alphamax, and any other test boosting product I've taken didn't do that to me.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think there's been some conflicting evidence come out recently that DAA really only helps those individuals who have low test, but I haven't looked into these rumors at all yet.

Btw what I previously meant was that over the last two weeks I'm only down about 0.5lbs, but over the last week alone my waist had dropped 1/4". Didn't like the way I worded it once I reread it, but it was also like 2am from my bed. lol

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Tropinoal and Intimidate is the stack that I am running and love it! That would be my recommendation.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
Intimidate SRT is pretty potent. I like it.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Intimidate SRT is pretty potent. I like it.
i can't wait to try it....the recomp plus strength gains i've read about all sound outstanding....plus who doesn't like some extra sleep

Greenhulk

Awards
My own experience with DAA was pretty good in the way that it increased my mood and my libido. Whether it did much for improving progress in the strength and muscle growth department is difficult to tell objectively from the personal perspective. Anyway, there have been a number of publications suggesting that DAA actually works:

"The role and molecular mechanism of D-aspartic acid in the release and synthesis of LH and testosterone in humans and rat"
http://www.rbej.com/content/7/1/120
[In this publication, there are results for human subjects. These are shown in table 1 and even though not to a spectacular degree they actually showed an increase in LH and testosterone.]

"Involvement of D-aspartic acid in the synthesis of testosterone in rat testes"
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8699926

"Occurrence of D-aspartic acid and N-methyl-D-aspartic acid in rat neuroendocrine tissues and their role in the modulation of luteinizing hormone and growth hormone release"
http://www.fasebj.org/content/14/5/699.long

Now a new study came out that says DAA doesn't do anything for changing body composition, strength and serum hormones associated with the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis (e.g. testoterone):

"d-Aspartic acid supplementation combined with 28 days of heavy resistance training has no effect on body composition, muscle strength, and serum hormones associated with the hypothalamo-pituitary-gonadal axis in resistance-trained men"
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0271531713001735

I am not surprised that there were no significant changes between the placebo group and the DAA group in the areas body composition and strength because 28 days isn't really a long time for showing small differences in progress, especially when resistance-trained men are analyzed and not weight-training newbies. However, I am surprised that they could not reproduce the results for the hormonal changes, which were shown previously. OK, the time points for the analyses were different but I wouldn't expect any DAA effect on hormone levels - if there is any - to recede that quickly. So, I guess it's up to you now to believe one or the other study. Or you could do your own blood tests.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Even if DAA doesn't do anything for body composition, strength or hormonal levels, you may still hope that you are doing something good for your sperm. ;-)

"D-Aspartate, a Key Element for the Improvement of Sperm Quality"
http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?paperID=24016
I disagrees. I am 46 and have altered my body tremendously with the help of DAA. I really don't care what the studies say. It works for me and many, many others. Too bad it does nothing for you.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAA is finicky, the best thing to do is shell out 20 something dollars and try it. If it doesn't work move on, if it does great :) I would deff go bulk sodium DAA (SNS) or go with Dpol, which is also sodium DAA

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
Some people think its a good nootropic. That's what I'm taking it for. Got it free with that flashover deal..was going to put it in the traders thread until I read about it maybe being a cognitive booster

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some people think its a good nootropic. That's what I'm taking it for. Got it free with that flashover deal..was going to put it in the traders thread until I read about it maybe being a cognitive booster
Mr Cooper takes 6g of DAA for studying and speaks very highly of the noticeable increase

Greenhulk

Awards
I disagrees. I am 46 and have altered my body tremendously with the help of DAA. I really don't care what the studies say. It works for me and many, many others. Too bad it does nothing for you.
I didn't say it did nothing for me. Haven't you read my post above? I just quoted this newer study that says it doesn't do anything - along with other studies on DAA that suggest it does work. My own experience with DAA is quite positive although I think it's difficult to tell whether it did something for me in the gym. Again, I don't wanna say it didn't, just difficult to tell. Anyway, I definitely did feel it.

I guess it may depend on what your baseline hormonal levels are. With higher baseline levels, it may not change hormonal levels significantly as was found in the last study.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
I didn't say it did nothing for me. Haven't you read my post above? I just quoted this newer study that says it doesn't do anything - along with other studies on DAA that suggest it does work. My own experience with DAA is quite positive although I think it's difficult to tell whether it did something for me in the gym. Again, I don't wanna say it didn't, just difficult to tell. Anyway, I definitely did feel it.

I guess it may depend on what your baseline hormonal levels are. With higher baseline levels, it may not change hormonal levels significantly as was found in the last study.
I took your post the wrong way. Sorry about that.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Even if DAA doesn't do anything for body composition, strength or hormonal levels, you may still hope that you are doing something good for your sperm. ;-)

"D-Aspartate, a Key Element for the Improvement of Sperm Quality"
http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?paperID=24016
"We do not know the exact molecular mechanism by which this phenomenon occurs, but we strongly hypothesize that this events is due to action of D-aspartate in inducing elevation of testosterone in the testis, which locally is involved in improving the spermatogenesis and in maturation of male gametes."

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Mr Cooper takes 6g of DAA for studying and speaks very highly of the noticeable increase
Really??? I never heard anything about this use for DAA. I have some bulk sodium DAA and it's a cheap supp so wouldn't mind screwing around a bit with it. Are you supposed to be able to feel it from a single dose or is it a cumulative thing? I am going to do some Googling, but any links to threads or webpages with info about that would be much appreciated ;) .

Best,
Tyler

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
I know about it cuz Cooper made some post about taking it with glycine and agmatine here and because neuron put it in like the top tier of his nootropics stack hierarchy on bb.com. It's cheap as chit too

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I know about it cuz Cooper made some post about taking it with glycine and agmatine here and because neuron put it in like the top tier of his nootropics stack hierarchy on bb.com. It's cheap as chit too
Sounds awesome! If you have any more info or links for me, please post here of PM me. I couldn't find much via google and this sounds really interesting. Thanks!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Sounds awesome! If you have any more info or links for me, please post here of PM me. I couldn't find much via google and this sounds really interesting. Thanks!
I can always tell when someone is just being lazy and lying that they've searched. :D How? I just googled "D-aspartic acid learning" and found a ton of useful hits on page 1.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I can always tell when someone is just being lazy and lying that they've searched. :D How? I just googled "D-aspartic acid learning" and found a ton of useful hits on page 1.
I tried "DAA nootropic" "DAA nootropic anabolicminds" "D aspartic acid nootropic" and I think I tried "D aspartic acid nootropic anabolicminds" but I might have given up after the third one. However, I'll admit you have a point that I probably should have tried something broader and sifted through a few pages looking for specific nootropic information. Probably more stupid than lazy, though ;) (but I wouldn't flat out lie about something like that). To be fair though I probably only gave it like 10 min. before giving up and hoping someone here knew where something specific was. Guess I got what I had coming :)