Agmatine trouble

realityy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for the rambling post, but:

This supplement has been really inconsistent for me. Some days my pumps/vascularity are amazing, others it doesn't help... and in fact I've noticed my vascularity and pump is WORSE than if I was to not take anything. And the same thing goes for hemavol.

I've tried 1g pre workout, 500g in the am with breakfast and 500 pre workout.

The only thing I have noticed is when I workout late in the evening (ie had a lot of carbs during the day), my pumps and vasc are amazing. And when I workout in the morning (about 2 hours after breakfast), my pumps/vasc are average or sometimes BELOW average. I have a feeling it's to do with carbs. But then again, I've had awesome pumps in my morning workouts on occasion with both hemavol and agmatine. I can't seem to pin point what's going wrong.

Some concerns/questions -

I've noticed 1g pre workout (2 hours after light breakfast) lately has been making me feel WORSE, in terms of mood and also vascularity and pumps are worsened. And then whenever I eat my postworkout meal, I start to fill out like crazy and veins are showing like they should. This doesn't happen in evening workouts. I've done some research, and maybe it's making me slightly hypoglycemic? In which case, how can I dose agmatine for my morning workouts? I might try the full 1g with my breakfast, instead of pre workout. 500mg didn't work. Might that help?

Is agmatine counterproductive if food is still in my stomach? Maybe 2 hours is not long enough to fully digest my breakfast (dry oats, whey, PB and banana or 2)? My evening workouts also happen to be a good 4-5 hours after my last meal. Is it the carbs, or timing?

agmatine experts please chime in. What is the best timing/dosage? I'm basically trial and erroring it at the moment, advice is much appreciated

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I hope I can help, lets see:

Agmatine has been shown to have Glucose Disposal effects on certain doses, one of them certainly being 1g. Now if you have breakfast, then 2 hours after that (your stomach is "empty") and you take agmatine, it might make you feel lightheaded if you are hypoglycemic OR if you have low pressure tendencies. However I have not seen much Blood Pressure effects on agmatine under 2g. Just to clarify, Hemavol DOES contain Agmatine Sulfate already , adding more agmatine might get you to the 2g range, hence you might be sensitive to the glucose drop in your blood or the BP lowering.

On another note, of course your pumps are going to be greater in the evening if you have been carb loading all day, glycogen replenishment, water absorption and the agmatine will go into equation to produce a substantial vasodilating effect at that point.

Now you mentioned you would feel bad with Agmatine Pre-workout (I have already addressed it up there , and I certainly do hope that's right :/) but when you eat up you fill up. This would be in regards to insulin sensitivity, disposing of glucose pre workout, using the glycogen storage in your muscles in a workout and then getting food in after it when you have been in a "low glucose" and high exercise state for a while , is going to have a "food pump" effect much like with GDAs, in which case...GREAT! Who doesn't enjoy food pumps?

Now a mild suggestion...how about you try 1g Agmatine WITH your pre workout meal (carb containing) and then you workout :). 1-2g should be enough to get a good GDA-like response from the meal and help during the workout. Be it in the AM or the PM , take it with a meal, it by no means diminishes or tarnishes all the advantages of consuming agmatine.

Hope that helps! Perhaps higher minds can help more than me hehe.

realityy

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Agmatine has been shown to have Glucose Disposal effects on certain doses, one of them certainly being 1g. Now if you have breakfast, then 2 hours after that (your stomach is "empty") and you take agmatine, it might make you feel lightheaded if you are hypoglycemic OR if you have low pressure tendencies. However I have not seen much Blood Pressure effects on agmatine under 2g. Just to clarify, Hemavol DOES contain Agmatine Sulfate already , adding more agmatine might get you to the 2g range, hence you might be sensitive to the glucose drop in your blood or the BP lowering.

On another note, of course your pumps are going to be greater in the evening if you have been carb loading all day, glycogen replenishment, water absorption and the agmatine will go into equation to produce a substantial vasodilating effect at that point.

Now you mentioned you would feel bad with Agmatine Pre-workout (I have already addressed it up there , and I certainly do hope that's right :/) but when you eat up you fill up. This would be in regards to insulin sensitivity, disposing of glucose pre workout, using the glycogen storage in your muscles in a workout and then getting food in after it when you have been in a "low glucose" and high exercise state for a while , is going to have a "food pump" effect much like with GDAs, in which case...GREAT! Who doesn't enjoy food pumps?

Now a mild suggestion...how about you try 1g Agmatine WITH your pre workout meal (carb containing) and then you workout :). 1-2g should be enough to get a good GDA-like response from the meal and help during the workout. Be it in the AM or the PM , take it with a meal, it by no means diminishes or tarnishes all the advantages of consuming agmatine.

Thanks, I will definitely be trying 1g with breakfast.

Also would having a bigger breakfast/more carbs help? I usually keep it "light" (has about 70-80g carbs) because I hear pre workouts should be had on an empty stomach, and I like to lift as early as possible. Never tried fasted training, and with the effects I'm having it seems like an even worse idea?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Thanks, I will definitely be trying 1g with breakfast.

Also would having a bigger breakfast/more carbs help? I usually keep it "light" (has about 70-80g carbs) because I hear pre workouts should be had on an empty stomach, and I like to lift as early as possible. Never tried fasted training, and with the effects I'm having it seems like an even worse idea?
Personally my preference is to workout on an empty stomach haha...that's just me. I would suggest 1g per at least 75-100g carbs though. As a suggestion , keep most of your carb intake post workout though.

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I also had to take 2 to 2.5 grams of agmatine before I noticed anything. Not sure if its because of I train fasted, was already taking nitrates (diminishing returns), or just due to my size but thats what it took for me as well

realityy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the help.

Could caffeine also be a culprit? I'm not a regular user of caffeine(don't drink coffee/other stim drinks) so I'm very sensitive to it. I take white flood with it aswell... Maybe I could be over doing it? I was quick to blame agmatine since its GDA effects, but what about too much caffeine along with it?

d1sc1ple

Awards
Thanks for the help.

Could caffeine also be a culprit? I'm not a regular user of caffeine(don't drink coffee/other stim drinks) so I'm very sensitive to it. I take white flood with it aswell... Maybe I could be over doing it? I was quick to blame agmatine since its GDA effects, but what about too much caffeine along with it?
White Flood really isnt crazy on the stimulant is it? Been forever since i even read the labels but i am pretty sure you are fine with that amount of caffeine.

realityy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday I tried 1.5g (0.5 from hemavol and 1g bulk) before my evening workout and had the worst workout in a while. Felt like crap. Had zero energy, could not concentrate and kept zoning out. After post workout meal I still felt like crap, and ending up going to sleep at 8pm I was so tired

I took 1g this morning with my breakfast, and today has been one insane day so far(not yet over).

Within 15 mins or so I got a minor headache/slight nausea feeling again. Really hard to explain. This has continued today all through work (currently 10:30am). It basically makes me feel like crap. I've also noticed my vascularity actually decreases while its in my system (they literally shrink)

Now here is where it gets weird. Out of nowhere I get a massive burst of energy. My eyes widen like crazy, I'm confident as fuk, feel like I'm on crack or something. This lasted a good few hours. At this point I still have a strange headache feeling while looking and working like a madman.

Every so often I would completely zone out, I would just stand there and go to another planet or something.

That crack like feeling has dispersed now, I still have a nausea feeling, my entire body is aching. Back, shoulder, knee joints are sore as fuk now, and I'm back to square 1 where I'm feeling like ****. Oh and I'm getting random hot flushes

I'm not sure what exactly is in my agmatine tub, but I don't think I'll be using it again.

It's weird because I've never seen anyone post problems they had with this... Wtf is wrong with me?

Edit... Forgot to mention, I would see random flashes of light for a split second, like someone has taken a photo with flash on. Although theyre not regular... maybe once or twice a day. Has been happening since agmatine supplementation.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Yesterday I tried 1.5g (0.5 from hemavol and 1g bulk) before my evening workout and had the worst workout in a while. Felt like crap. Had zero energy, could not concentrate and kept zoning out. After post workout meal I still felt like crap, and ending up going to sleep at 8pm I was so tired

I took 1g this morning with my breakfast, and today has been one insane day so far(not yet over).

Within 15 mins or so I got a minor headache/slight nausea feeling again. Really hard to explain. This has continued today all through work (currently 10:30am). It basically makes me feel like crap. I've also noticed my vascularity actually decreases while its in my system (they literally shrink)

Now here is where it gets weird. Out of nowhere I get a massive burst of energy. My eyes widen like crazy, I'm confident as fuk, feel like I'm on crack or something. This lasted a good few hours. At this point I still have a strange headache feeling while looking and working like a madman.

Every so often I would completely zone out, I would just stand there and go to another planet or something.

That crack like feeling has dispersed now, I still have a nausea feeling, my entire body is aching. Back, shoulder, knee joints are sore as fuk now, and I'm back to square 1 where I'm feeling like ****. Oh and I'm getting random hot flushes

I'm not sure what exactly is in my agmatine tub, but I don't think I'll be using it again.

It's weird because I've never seen anyone post problems they had with this... Wtf is wrong with me?

Edit... Forgot to mention, I would see random flashes of light for a split second, like someone has taken a photo with flash on. Although theyre not regular... maybe once or twice a day. Has been happening since agmatine supplementation.
Who did you get Agmatine from? (Company and Retailer...)

Everything you are describing does not come as symptoms of Agmatine Sulfate Consumption at all...interested to know the source of the Agmatine, or perhaps placebo effects are taking hold of you due to some belief you got? Let me know how you feel...I would suggest cut agmatine completely from all sources if you really believe that is the problem, keep hydrated, and see a doctor if all this persists.

Let me know how you feel bro.

realityy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Who did you get Agmatine from? (Company and Retailer...)

Everything you are describing does not come as symptoms of Agmatine Sulfate Consumption at all...interested to know the source of the Agmatine, or perhaps placebo effects are taking hold of you due to some belief you got? Let me know how you feel...I would suggest cut agmatine completely from all sources if you really believe that is the problem, keep hydrated, and see a doctor if all this persists.

Let me know how you feel bro.
It's SNS 100g powder, from a reputable company. I still feel pretty crappy, slight headache. My traps/neck/shoulders ache, and my shoulder joints are flaring up.

Like I said I felt like absolute crap from yesterdays workout (hemavol + agmatine +CM), tired as fuk with headache. When I woke up it COULD be still lingering, and the agmatine I took this morning (didn't really think about it, I felt OK somewhat), could have amplyfied it. Maybe I can't handle too much NO? Or maybe it's something to do with hemavol? I've just finished the tub, 1 scoop didn't do anything out of the ordinary, 1.5 was meh, 2 scoops is amazing. I was orginally planning on trying to make hemavol more cost effective (1 scoop + extra agmatine + CM), but it didn't work, and infact whenever I added agmatine my workouts were worse then normal (decreased vascularity and had my energy stripped away) I take CM on my leg days and feel fine, so it's not that.

Anywho, I will keep you updated when I try agmatine again (I'm thinking it's just too much), but today was one crazy day for sure. That crack-like feeling I had was weird as hell

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
It's SNS 100g powder, from powermyself.com (I bought it off their ebay shop). I still feel pretty crappy, slight headache. My traps/neck/shoulders ache, and my shoulder joints are flaring up.

Like I said I felt like absolute crap from yesterdays workout (hemavol + agmatine +CM), tired as fuk with headache. When I woke up it COULD be still lingering, and the agmatine I took this morning (didn't really think about it, I felt OK somewhat), could have amplyfied it. Maybe I can't handle too much NO? Or maybe it's something to do with hemavol? I've just finished the tub, 1 scoop didn't do anything out of the ordinary, 1.5 was meh, 2 scoops is amazing. I was orginally planning on trying to make hemavol more cost effective (1 scoop + extra agmatine + CM), but it didn't work, and infact whenever I added agmatine my workouts were worse then normal (decreased vascularity and had my energy stripped away) I take CM on my leg days and feel fine, so it's not that.

Anywho, I will keep you updated when I try agmatine again (I'm thinking it's just too much), but today was one crazy day for sure. That crack-like feeling I had was weird as hell
Edit your source

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Some people just don't respond to Agmatine.. and I feel bad for them.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never heard of someone experiencing what you've described while using agmatine.

If you think it is the agmatine that is the issue, I advise to not take it.

It may be the combination of White Flood/agmatine/hemavol that is causing the issue, as it seems from your posts you have not been regularly taking any of these supps.

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Lethargy, headaches, and flashes of light? Sounds like potential neuroglycopenic manifestations to me... possibly from the gda properties that agmatine potentially posses. Perhaps you are using more agmatine than what you really need to achieve the pumps you desire?

Carbs and sufficient water intake are going to really dictate your pumps imo.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Lethargy, headaches, and flashes of light? Sounds like potential neuroglycopenic manifestations to me... possibly from the gda properties that agmatine potentially posses. Perhaps you are using more agmatine than what you really need to achieve the pumps you desire?

Carbs and sufficient water intake are going to really dictate your pumps imo.
Also, if I recall with my last tub of 100g SNS Agmatine, 1 scoop = more than 1g. Something like 1.6 or so.

The 50g tub was dead on accurate.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hemavol contains Agmatine already; I have a feeling you are taking way to much. (Hemavol is dosed at 1g per scoop, you take 2 scoops= 2g + 1g of your own =3g).

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hemavol contains Agmatine already; I have a feeling you are taking way to much. (Hemavol is dosed at 1g per scoop, you take 2 scoops= 2g + 1g of your own =3g).

Hemavol = 500mg per scoop.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with everyone else sounds like you are using too much. Or maybe your mixing it with other products that may have the same effect on NO....

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with everyone else sounds like you are using too much. Or maybe your mixing it with other products that may have the same effect on NO....
New White Flood has nitrates as well I believe.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
New White Flood has nitrates as well I believe.
If OP has an underlying hypoglycemic condition he is unaware off...all of this factors might be what is worsening it. I don't think it's the agmatine or nitrates per say, the problem is OP might be susceptible to this reactions and not know about it...

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Nitrates.... meh probably not the cause... perhaps the headaches if you are stacking multiple sources of Nitrates together leading to too much Nitrates in the system.

Agmatine could potentially be the culprit if you are consuming a large amount of it and it is effectively lowering your blood sugar (GDA properties). Decreased blood supply to the brain (neuroglycopenia) shares a lot of side effects with what the OP is reporting.

I'm no doctor so i'm not saying that is it, but it could potentially be the problem. This is all speculation.

OP how much water do you consume in a day? What sources of carbs are you consuming pre-workout? Have you considered taking the less is more approach supplement wise?

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nitrates.... meh probably not the cause... perhaps the headaches if you are stacking multiple sources of Nitrates together leading to too much Nitrates in the system.

Agmatine could potentially be the culprit if you are consuming a large amount of it and it is effectively lowering your blood sugar (GDA properties). Decreased blood supply to the brain (neuroglycopenia) shares a lot of side effects with what the OP is reporting.

I'm no doctor so i'm not saying that is it, but it could potentially be the problem. This is all speculation.

OP how much water do you consume in a day? What sources of carbs are you consuming pre-workout? Have you considered taking the less is more approach supplement wise?
Certain pre-wo's with high dosed nitrates give me headaches, so it's not impossible.

Could also be low blood pressure between the two.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Great post

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Low bp or low blood sugar or both. Not sure how or if nitrates also affect blood sugar but if they do that would compound the problem.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
slowprogress

slowprogress

Awards
OP, do you also happen to be using forskolin - or something containing it?

Awards
  • Established

This. Great info.

slowprogress

slowprogress

Awards
It also is known to lower blood pressure. I am having issues myself with light headedness and seeing stars when I get up and I use both. I am stopping forskolin for now to see if it's the culprit

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I think you are personally using too much of the product or stacking it incorrectly. I think you should focus on one product at a time this product is strong enough to take by itself. Stacking it could lead to adverse side effects that you really don't want to deal with. Maybe you should lay off the supps for a little while and let your body recop.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I actually noticed an increase in blood pressure for me at 2 scoops hemavol. My body started to feel engorged and my muscles began to immediately pump up. It was very uncomfortable. At 1 scoop I have no ill effects what so ever just a little hungry. But at 1 scoop I also don't get crazy pumps just decent ones. Right now I've been on ostarine for 6 weeks and I am extremely caffeine sensitive on it so that's why I'm using hemavol. Tried having my stimulant preworkout last night and had an instant panic attack. Anyone know why ostarine might be making me more stim sensitive??

realityy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Well thanks for the help guys. I can only assume it was too much.

I am still determined to keep trying agmatine, just at a lower dose. This morning I did 1 scoop hemavol, 1 scoop WF + 1 scoop SNS CM (3g), and had the most insane pumps holy moly. Now that's the pumps I like to experience. It has literally lasted all day, it's quite amazing.

I've tried 1 scoop hemavol + white flood before, but the pumps were no where near as good today. I dunno if it's the extra CM that did it, or just one of those days. I did wake up this morning looking quite full already, so I'm sure I was destined for a good pump anyway.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I am still determined to keep trying agmatine, just at a lower dose. This morning I did 1 scoop hemavol, 1 scoop WF + 1 scoop SNS CM (3g), and had the most insane pumps holy moly. Now that's the pumps I like to experience. It has literally lasted all day, it's quite amazing.

I've tried 1 scoop hemavol + white flood before, but the pumps were no where near as good today. I dunno if it's the extra CM that did it, or just one of those days. I did wake up this morning looking quite full already, so I'm sure I was destined for a good pump anyway.
Good to hear man. Agmatine is one of my favorite supplements, would be a shame if you couldn't use it

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

that's a sick pump stack. I enjoy the agmatine citrulline combo