Resveratrol on a bulk - any anecdotal reports?

nidhogg

Awards
Last month i finished a successful cut/recomp using IF and maintenance cals. Thought i'd jump on a clean bulk with the aid of recompadrol and R spray(topical resveratrol). But despite increasing my kcal intake above maintenance i have noticed a decrease in strength for the past few weeks, using the same protocol as during my recomp. Usually my strength was always on top every exercise.

My weight is up by 2 lbs though which correlates with the increased kcal consumption.

Anyone notice anything similar while using either of the above products? (Oral resveratrol doesnt count due to the low oral bioavailability).

Maybe the IF coupled with resveratrol causes too much mTOR activity suppression?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Resveratrol is way too "dirty" of a compound to be able to tell for sure. There's data showing it improves exercise performance, there's data showing it aids weight loss, there's data showing it causes organ hypertrophy, there's data showing it elevates T, there's data showing it lowers E, there's...

Touey

Touey

Awards
Resveratrol is way too "dirty" of a compound to be able to tell for sure. There's data showing it improves exercise performance, there's data showing it aids weight loss, there's data showing it causes organ hypertrophy, there's data showing it elevates T, there's data showing it lowers E, there's...

I concur, I was big time a proponent for Resveratrol and it caused joint pain for months unfortunate for me I did not realize it was the source until much to later.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Wtf so now Resveratrol is no good? Lol I've been on the Resveratrol bandwagon for over 5 years. Maybe that's why my joints have gone to crap

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I'm not saying it's good or bad. By dirty, I meant that it has a huge range of effects

Touey

Touey

Awards
Still solid cardiovascular effects in recent research?
Yes but for personally still the drawback was not worth that benefit