Carb powder?

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does something like this exist? I was curious because i want ti keep it in my gym bag and take it with my protein shake post workout before doing cardio/auxilairy work without having to go home eat and then go back to the gym. Help plsssss :]

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does something like this exist? I was curious because i want ti keep it in my gym bag and take it with my protein shake post workout before doing cardio/auxilairy work without having to go home eat and then go back to the gym. Help plsssss :]
Maltodextrin, waxy maze, ect ect yes they exsist but oats ground into powder is a better option.

chris the man

Awards
Maltodextrin, waxy maze, ect ect yes they exsist but oats ground into powder is a better option.
he nailed it...

the only one i know of for sale is from Complete Nutriton called FORTIFY. its beast. just dont get ripped off...

Nooshefx

Nooshefx

Awards
  • Established
I think you are looking for something like Karbolyn by All American EFX or Karbolic by Pro Supps?

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
im pretty controversial on my nutritional information, but this to me seems like you are majoring in the minors. i wouldnt worry about missing some food for like an hour or so.

i have been doing intermittent fasting since january. i have lost 20 lbs and all my lifts are going up. i dont count calories, i dont measure, i eat what i want as long as its within a 6 hour window each day. so yes, i can go upwards of 18 hours without food and that means at times i havent eaten for 12+ hours before a workout and may not even eat till the next day after a workout. it was rough the first month now its just plain easy.

in other words, the body is a very resilient machine. dont sweat the little things till you know for a fact you have the major things in place or are one of the worlds elite that require even the tiniest changes to see any type of gains anymore.

but if you insist on drinking a shake, they make meal replacement shakes that have carbs and protein. just shop around whatever local store you have, or even better, eat some food.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I use glycomix...

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im pretty controversial on my nutritional information, but this to me seems like you are majoring in the minors. i wouldnt worry about missing some food for like an hour or so.

i have been doing intermittent fasting since january. i have lost 20 lbs and all my lifts are going up. i dont count calories, i dont measure, i eat what i want as long as its within a 6 hour window each day. so yes, i can go upwards of 18 hours without food and that means at times i havent eaten for 12+ hours before a workout and may not even eat till the next day after a workout. it was rough the first month now its just plain easy.

in other words, the body is a very resilient machine. dont sweat the little things till you know for a fact you have the major things in place or are one of the worlds elite that require even the tiniest changes to see any type of gains anymore.

but if you insist on drinking a shake, they make meal replacement shakes that have carbs and protein. just shop around whatever local store you have, or even better, eat some food.
Well usually after a lift I feel depleted and just wanted an extra bit of carbs before going into cardio. Ground up oats sounds low a good plan though, but actually now that I think about it during my long lifting sessions I never really used any carbs/protein and still saw an increase in mass . not the next day over a period of time.

But it confuses me because if you lift to long and lactic acid builds up in your muscles won't your body start breaking them down for energy? That was my reasoning for carbs intra/pre cardio. But then you have IF which totally disproves this. I'm interested and confused lol

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well usually after a lift I feel depleted and just wanted an extra bit of carbs before going into cardio. Ground up oats sounds low a good plan though, but actually now that I think about it during my long lifting sessions I never really used any carbs/protein and still saw an increase in mass . not the next day over a period of time.

But it confuses me because if you lift to long and lactic acid builds up in your muscles won't your body start breaking them down for energy? That was my reasoning for carbs intra/pre cardio. But then you have IF which totally disproves this. I'm interested and confused lol
Lactic acid is metabolized very quickly and is not going to be the culprit.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lactic acid is metabolized very quickly and is not going to be the culprit.
So what would be the culprit? If you trained for an extended period of time without any carbs/food.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lack of glycogen/substrate.
a lack of glycogen = lack of carbohydrates, so ingesting carbs would solve this issue correct? If you were to train for an extended period of time.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Fruit, waxy maize, EVOGen's GLycoject, Glycergrow, etc..

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Glycergrow?
Controlled Labs carb beverage.

edit: Not a carb beverage my fault

Glycerol's supposed to provide a super hydrating effect but I've read a couple studies indicating otherwise.. Vitargo is always a nice option.. Kinda pricey though

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
a lack of glycogen = lack of carbohydrates, so ingesting carbs would solve this issue correct? If you were to train for an extended period of time.
Potentially, but there's many factors in this equation. It could be anything from lack of work capacity to being hypocaloric.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Controlled Labs carb beverage.

edit: Not a carb beverage my fault

Glycerol's supposed to provide a super hydrating effect but I've read a couple studies indicating otherwise.. Vitargo is always a nice option.. Kinda pricey though
Lol.....

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chocolate milk and cereal before workout. Boom. Problem solved unless your in there for 5 hours.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Chocolate milk and cereal before workout. Boom. Problem solved unless your in there for 5 hours.
man i hear great things about chocolate milk as a perfect post workout drink. too bad i think it tastes like ass. :( lol

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Put food in a container......

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Zip locks plus sammiches are awesome.
this is true, i have a bunch of tupperware i use for work could start tupperwaring to the gym as well. Ugh chocolate milk :D so ****ing good, i have to get the lactose free one though :'( Thanks for the replies fellas. I blew something minor out of proportion lol.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
this is true, i have a bunch of tupperware i use for work could start tupperwaring to the gym as well. Ugh chocolate milk :D so ****ing good, i have to get the lactose free one though :'( Thanks for the replies fellas. I blew something minor out of proportion lol.
It's okay. Mainly when it comes down to "refiling " glycogen it only applys to endurance athletes,people who spend way to long in the gym,or steroid users* gotta love almost instant nutrition uptake*

For the average gym goer you can rest assured that within 18 to 24 hrs your glycogen stores are full even low Carb.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's okay. Mainly when it comes down to "refiling " glycogen it only applys to endurance athletes,people who spend way to long in the gym,or steroid users* gotta love almost instant nutrition uptake*

For the average gym goer you can rest assured that within 18 to 24 hrs your glycogen stores are full even low Carb.
well i started running 2 a days and was just making sure :D thanks man.

outlawed

Awards
Vitargo is the way to go, pricey but you get what you pay for. I have used it as a staple for the past year and a half and love it. For cutting just add 20g(half a scoop) to your post workout shake, as for bulking I load 80g+ together with protein and all other bulk powders. That makes roughly 500 calories in one shake, I can eat a large amount but it helps to down that much in liquid form believe me.

Vitargo is pure carbs, no sugar. Nothing comes close.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why do you want to burn carbs doing cardio.

I'd think you want to focus on fat loss.

Insulin in the blood is going to cause lypolosis to stop.

And the intensity at which you do your cardio is going to determine what energy source you primarily rely on.

Your goal should be to teach your body to be a better fat burner, not a better sugar burner.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haven't had this combo in a very very long time.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wayyyy over priced. Plenty of other options that will do the same for much cheaper.
I've grown to really enjoy the benefits of using Karbolyn for my training and especially during my geared sessions that are taking freaking forever right now.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've grown to really enjoy the benefits of using Karbolyn for my training and especially during my geared sessions that are taking freaking forever right now.
I like generation ucan

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Lactate builds up as intensity increases, i.e. working at a higher percentage of your lactate threshold but is quickly metabolized when work periods become less intense (i.e. in periods of oxygen availability). High levels are muscle lactate will accumulate at high levels of intensity, however your typical fatigue felt during weight training (dependant on on intensity) is not resultant from this, but rather from the accumulation of H+ ions inhibiting muscle contraction.

As Rodja stated, fatigue can stem from multiple pathways, whether that be lack of glycogen, lack of adaptation to ketogenic diet etc.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
I've used them all. Vitargo ($2 / 70g carbs) , waxy, malto, karbolic , dextrose.

And to be honest I don't notice much difference between them in terms of glycogen replenishment during / after a 1.5 hour lift

MagillaRU

Awards
Whole Oat Powder from Musclefeast. Use it everyday to get my macros in. Cheap and effective.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL. I hear a lot of supplement talk but not much on my idea. Grind up oats in a blender. Walmart has them for 3 bucks for a big can. That's maybe 50 cents for 60 or 70 g carbs

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL. I hear a lot of supplement talk but not much on my idea. Grind up oats in a blender. Walmart has them for 3 bucks for a big can. That's maybe 50 cents for 60 or 70 g carbs
I actually went with this route , thanks man . I'm jealous of your avi as well ****ing ripped man!

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whole Oat Powder from Musclefeast. Use it everyday to get my macros in. Cheap and effective.
Funny you should say that because I was just ready to post that exact product and it taste good.

macdady

macdady

Awards
That works well. I use my coffee grinder though, I have one of those fancy ninja blenders that ain't worth lugging out of the cabinet just for measly oats lol

macdady

macdady

Awards
I remember the first time I heard of people putting oats in their shakes and didn't realize they meant oat powder or grinding them up and I just poured oats in my cup and went haha

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually went with this route , thanks man . I'm jealous of your avi as well ****ing ripped man!
Thanks. I'm at about 8 % in that picture