Need supplement/nutrition/work out/ advice

  1. Need supplement/nutrition/work out/ advice


    Hey everyone im 19, 6'1 about 185 looking to make gains , Im in the military so i wake up at about 4 am and work untill 3 pm when would be the best time for me to go to the gym. Also im looking for advice on what supplements i should take right now i take BSN amino x , ******** protein, Pro labs creatine monohydrate, and c4 pre work out , I Just started taking all my supplements since i just got all situated at my new base , i was wondering if you recommend adding the animal pack for vitamins and omegas, also what other supplements could help me get gains.
    -Usually i eat right when i wake up a cup of oatmeal , then at around 7 ill get my breakfast which is i get what i get - fake scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, french toast or pancakes, potatoes or hashbrowns, then they give us some nutrigrain bars and cerial but i usually dont eat them , i know thats a horrible breakfast but i dont have a choice its either eat that or dont eat untill lunch,
    - for lunch theres not much of an option either you can choose from a turkey,chicken or ham salad , which i dont eat because its loaded with cheese and salad dressing, or a chicken sandwhich or a bagel with cream cheese with water , yogurt , apple usually,
    - for dinner i usually get 2 cups of water , 2 servings of rice, chicken, brocoli, with what ever fruit they have usually grapes.

    Then i go to the gym usually around 7 or 8 for 1- 1.5 hours depending on if i have stuff to do or not

    Gym- my routines right now is chest/triceps, Biceps/shoulders, back/legs/abbs then start over with chest/triceps i am doing 5x5 for my main sets aka bench,shoulder press, squats and then for like triceps i usually do 3x10 same with the smaller workouts for chest and shoulders

    Im just looking for what you guys think i could do with my situation to help me make the gains i want and what i can do to improve my results with the work out and what not ..... thanks for looking


  2. First off thanks fir serving our country. Much respect.

    I'm not an expert but you're young. Eat eat eat and you will put in size. I have many friends and family in the service and I know the cardio you guys do is intense so eating what they give you shouldn't be a huge problem of gaining fat. just don't over do it just like anything else. Make sure you drink your protein and since you have such long days a pre is great along with your bcaa. I think your supps are fine and don't need to add anything else except for a vita. And fish oil. I'm a big fan of orange triad by controlled labs. Also has joint support.

    Be safe and thanks again.

  3. I'd post in the nutrition section and training forum for some more input on those individual components. At first glance I'd say you need to get more protein into your diet in general. 5x5 may be a good program as well, but post up some info about your exact routine in the training forum and the good people over there can help optimize it.

    As far as supplements, your combo isn't too bad, but I would focus on getting that nutritional situation hammered out first.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by deuceswild72 View Post
    First off thanks fir serving our country. Much respect.

    I'm not an expert but you're young. Eat eat eat and you will put in size. I have many friends and family in the service and I know the cardio you guys do is intense so eating what they give you shouldn't be a huge problem of gaining fat. just don't over do it just like anything else. Make sure you drink your protein and since you have such long days a pre is great along with your bcaa. I think your supps are fine and don't need to add anything else except for a vita. And fish oil. I'm a big fan of orange triad by controlled labs. Also has joint support.

    Be safe and thanks again.
    Appreciate the support, and when should i take protein before the day and after my work out? whats orange triad have in it ?

  5. I'd def have it with your oats in the morning an post workout fr sure. Your muscle starve and recover when you sleep. Def wanna have protein upon waking.

    Orange triad had everything you need for a vita in it. All your vitas. Biotin. Calcium potassium. Zinc. And a ton of other things including stuff for joints and digestive system.

  6. Okay thanks, and i was taking some vitamins from gnc which had joint support and omegas and regular vitamins it was like the animal pack or what ever but AMP made it

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Jrhoffman933 View Post
    Okay thanks, and i was taking some vitamins from gnc which had joint support and omegas and regular vitamins it was like the animal pack or what ever but AMP made it
    some good advice so far in here..like bolt10 says, you need to get diet right before worrying about supps
    understand you are limited in your choices; that said, the answer is not to skip feedings..and fyi - the nutra grain bars/cereal actually look better than the cooked food stuffs you are ingesting

    best thing you can do in your situation is buy some protein powder - make sure it's quality stuff (not wheyboic or whatever they are pushing in the base GNC you are frequenting)..gnc will always push certain items of their own brand, simply because thet get paid more for selling those

    a good multivite is great; again you are overpaying for the "upgraded" gnc paks, bigtime
    orange triad been around for awhile..we have just released the Active Multi, similar in design (vitamins/minerals/joint complex inc cissus quadrangularis/digestive aids) and a great price
    (active multi not yet available here at nutraplanet store, but is out in production/retail)
    the animal pak - tho having been around for a long while - is really not that well formulated..has not been updated since it came out almost 20-30yrs ago..

    for preWO, you could check into our Ignite2; this unique formulation has natural test booster in it, as well as potent yet not-too-crazy stimulant mix to get you fired up for the training/nourished thruout..
    Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) Finaflex Ignite 2 (30 servings): Discount Finaflex Ignite 2 Supplements

    and, our BCAA+SAA would be great for you, as this can be taken at any time for on-the-go quick nutrition when you cannot/do not have time/access to eating real food (and - the apple fusion and blue raspberry flavs are to DIE for, best flavoring in the industry imo)
    Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) BCAA+SAA (315 Grams): Discount BCAA+SAA Supplements

    let me know if you have further questions! and best to you

  8. thanks alot really appreciate the advice i know my diet is my biggest part its just hard to change anything about it really but what would you recomend for protein i was getting the gold standard just because it was only like 130 calories and low carbs

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Jrhoffman933 View Post
    thanks alot really appreciate the advice i know my diet is my biggest part its just hard to change anything about it really but what would you recomend for protein i was getting the gold standard just because it was only like 130 calories and low carbs
    tho not my preference personally, that will be fine for your needs
    can add that to meals you eat, and/or take in between meals..however best suits your purposes

  10. Fix your training split, the biggest flaw being that you train back and legs together. These are your two largest muscle groups and, when trained properly, the two most demanding groups to train. If you insist on a three day split, try doing chest/biceps/triceps, shoulders/back, and legs. I like this split because I'm big on the clean and press in recent months, and it fits perfectly into a back and shoulder session. But however you do it, split up back and legs.

  11. ^^ true dat
    when I work a 3-day split (like currently), legs have their own day
    lots of ways to split things up, but this is good key advice when structuring, if the goal is to develop muscle and not just spin wheels

  12. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    ^^ true dat
    when I work a 3-day split (like currently), legs have their own day
    lots of ways to split things up, but this is good key advice when structuring, if the goal is to develop muscle and not just spin wheels
    Agreed, legs need their own day. Legs are very important and my.personal favorite body part(s) to lift =D

  13. Thanks ill see how that goes, what do you guys suggest for back work outs? i did cleans and dead lifts the other day and my back is still sore hah i feel like a crippled old man

  14. Pullups
    Deadlift
    Barbell Rows
    Dumbbell Rows
    Low Cable Row

    Row to grow brah. GOTTA ROW TO GROW!
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR
    Visist our website at www.FINAFLEX.com

    ​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Pullups
    Deadlift
    Barbell Rows
    Dumbbell Rows
    Low Cable Row

    Row to grow brah. GOTTA ROW TO GROW!
    I love how you have pullups at top of that list
    nice selection of movements there!

  16. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    I love how you have pullups at top of that list
    nice selection of movements there!
    Figured I would avoid the ridicule
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR
    Visist our website at www.FINAFLEX.com

    ​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."

  17. Snatch grip DL, Meadow Rows, Prone Shrugs, Standard deadlifts, Rows, Pull ups, T Bar Rows, Pendlay Rows, Face Pulls (remember mid trap exercises) and so on and so forth.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Snatch grip DL, Meadow Rows, Prone Shrugs, Standard deadlifts, Rows, Pull ups, T Bar Rows, Pendlay Rows, Face Pulls (remember mid trap exercises) and so on and so forth.
    I dig the Reeve's variation deadlift too. It's fun and you get the traps a little more involved.

    O.P. as far as protein consumption, within the first 30 minutes post-workout is a great time to get some protein in you. Shoot for 1-1.5g/lb bodyweight daily and you'll start seeing size increases.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Jrhoffman933 View Post
    Hey everyone im 19, 6'1 about 185 looking to make gains , Im in the military so i wake up at about 4 am and work untill 3 pm when would be the best time for me to go to the gym. Also im looking for advice on what supplements i should take right now i take BSN amino x , ******** protein, Pro labs creatine monohydrate, and c4 pre work out , I Just started taking all my supplements since i just got all situated at my new base , i was wondering if you recommend adding the animal pack for vitamins and omegas, also what other supplements could help me get gains.
    -Usually i eat right when i wake up a cup of oatmeal , then at around 7 ill get my breakfast which is i get what i get - fake scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, french toast or pancakes, potatoes or hashbrowns, then they give us some nutrigrain bars and cerial but i usually dont eat them , i know thats a horrible breakfast but i dont have a choice its either eat that or dont eat untill lunch,
    - for lunch theres not much of an option either you can choose from a turkey,chicken or ham salad , which i dont eat because its loaded with cheese and salad dressing, or a chicken sandwhich or a bagel with cream cheese with water , yogurt , apple usually,
    - for dinner i usually get 2 cups of water , 2 servings of rice, chicken, brocoli, with what ever fruit they have usually grapes.

    Then i go to the gym usually around 7 or 8 for 1- 1.5 hours depending on if i have stuff to do or not

    Gym- my routines right now is chest/triceps, Biceps/shoulders, back/legs/abbs then start over with chest/triceps i am doing 5x5 for my main sets aka bench,shoulder press, squats and then for like triceps i usually do 3x10 same with the smaller workouts for chest and shoulders

    Im just looking for what you guys think i could do with my situation to help me make the gains i want and what i can do to improve my results with the work out and what not ..... thanks for looking
    how much protein are you getting in a day? how much of it is protein powder? you mentioned avoiding cheese and salad dressing; are you restricting calories or avoiding certain foods altogether?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. MMA fighter needing supplement/nutrition help
    By mattdemateis in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 09:05 PM
  2. MMA fighter needing supplement/nutrition help
    By mattdemateis in forum MMA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 02:42 PM
  3. Need assistance with work out goals.
    By KrunkChris in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 05:35 PM
  4. Need A New Work Out Routine!!!! Help
    By Maxed Out in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 12:01 PM
  5. Need A New Work Out Routine!!!! Help
    By Maxed Out in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-30-2006, 08:03 AM
Log in
Log in