1st Nootropic Stack. Recommended ingredients

  1. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Answers
    0

    1st Nootropic Stack. Recommended ingredients


    I'm thinking about running a Nootropic stack this coming fall for my school work.. I've been browsing around to see what other people have been adding into theirs.. Here's a list of what I'm considering. Opinions about additions/modifications to this stack are welcomed..

    Huperzine A
    Alpha-GPC
    CDP-Choline
    Oxi/Prima/Aniracetam
    tyrosine
    Pyritinol
    ALCAR
    Primatene (On 2 wks/off1)


    I've also heard some good things about Focus Xt

  2. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Answers
    0


    no real point in bumping the thread when its the 3rd topic on page 1.. But wth bump anyways
  3. mw1
    mw1 is offline
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,694
    Answers
    0


    No sense in running out and buying a ton of stuff. Start with Focus Xt and see how that works for you, then maybe add a Racetam

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    No sense in running out and buying a ton of stuff. Start with Focus Xt and see how that works for you, then maybe add a Racetam
    I could do that. I like making my own blends though. If it's not significantly more per serving to make my own I'd like the benefit of tweaking ratios of the diff ingredients.
  5. Registered User
    domore's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,921
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post

    I could do that. I like making my own blends though. If it's not significantly more per serving to make my own I'd like the benefit of tweaking ratios of the diff ingredients.
    If this is your first nootropic stack, it would be wise to use only one or two compounds to assess their efficacy. Nootropics are very subjective. Some individuals may have excessive NMDA activity or dopaminergic signaling.

    I would either start with Focus XT, or I would use a small stack of ALCAR, CDP-Choline, and caffeine.

    Edit: I would assume that the Huperzine A dose, in FXT, is dosed very responsibly, too. At high doses and continuous usage, Hup A has shown to be a NMDA antagonist, meaning that it can block glutamatergic functioning. It won't block it at the doses normally recommended, but just letting you know.
    EvoMuse
  6. Registered User
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,105
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    No sense in running out and buying a ton of stuff. Start with Focus Xt and see how that works for you, then maybe add a Racetam
    Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    If this is your first nootropic stack, it would be wise to use only one or two compounds to assess their efficacy. Nootropics are very subjective. Some individuals may have excessive NMDA activity or dopaminergic signaling.

    I would either start with Focus XT, or I would use a small stack of ALCAR, CDP-Choline, and caffeine.

    Edit: I would assume that the Huperzine A dose, in FXT, is dosed very responsibly, too. At high doses and continuous usage, Hup A has shown to be a NMDA antagonist, meaning that it can block glutamatergic functioning. It won't block it at the doses normally recommended, but just letting you know.
    Great advice here. Nootropics are an excellent way to enhance recall and other things regarding learning and memory but the more you take =/= superhuman brain which is often how people perceive them. Choline, ALCAR and Hyperzine A would be my first choices (all in Focus XT) and a racetam a little further down the track.

    I would add DAA and caffeine to the mix just for that little bit extra.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  7. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Answers
    0


    Any SNS reps have a promo code or anything I could use to purchase Focus Xt?
  8. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Accute or chronic Cholinergia is not something you wanna end up with haha...I get all foggy and with head aches. Also, Hup is hard to dose responsibly, hence I agree with the recommendation of Focus-XT, it is very well dosed and ratio'd.

    Now if you want to try something of another route:

    -2g SNS-ALCAR
    -Demiurge (dose carefully...some friends pop it like vicodin candy, but yeah that's more for stim addicts).

    Or , go with 250mg Caffeine , 25mg Ephedrine , 2g ALCAR and AND Caffeine Free Focus XT (or just the regular focus xt and the alcar plus eph ! )

    Makes study , work and date nights a whole lot more efficient!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  9. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Accute or chronic Cholinergia is not something you wanna end up with haha...I get all foggy and with head aches. Also, Hup is hard to dose responsibly, hence I agree with the recommendation of Focus-XT, it is very well dosed and ratio'd.

    Now if you want to try something of another route:

    -2g SNS-ALCAR
    -Demiurge (dose carefully...some friends pop it like vicodin candy, but yeah that's more for stim addicts).

    Or , go with 250mg Caffeine , 25mg Ephedrine , 2g ALCAR and AND Caffeine Free Focus XT (or just the regular focus xt and the alcar plus eph ! )

    Makes study , work and date nights a whole lot more efficient!
    Thanks for the reply.. I make my own PWO blend so I've got the caffeine tabs in stock.. I think caff free Focus Xt + Primatene+ Caffeine tablets would be a good place to start.. Focus already has the Alcar in it. Would more be beneficial?
  10. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.. I make my own PWO blend so I've got the caffeine tabs in stock.. I think caff free Focus Xt + Primatene+ Caffeine tablets would be a good place to start.. Focus already has the Alcar in it. Would more be beneficial?
    Yes sir! When I add 1-1.5g of ALCAR to FXT I still feel the difference! I'm a fan of adding 2g but even at lower it's just amazing. Good combo right there, I personally am an addicted fan of that combo you just described haha. The fruit punch taste is just magnificent.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  11. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Answers
    0


    Any promo/discount codes for the NP store?
  12. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    Any promo/discount codes for the NP store?
    Bring it up with the Nutra Planet Ninja Monkeys! We are just reps for SNS if you like our products ask for a promo from them...or google around for some deals !
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  13. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Bring it up with the Nutra Planet Ninja Monkeys! We are just reps for SNS if you like our products ask for a promo from them...or google around for some deals !
    I just bought it now w/o.. Got some Trutein + Caff free Focus Xt and ALCAR. 68 bucks :/
  14. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post

    I just bought it now w/o.. Got some Trutein + Caff free Focus Xt and ALCAR. 68 bucks :/
    I would love to get some feedback on how you like it kind sir that's a beast stack right there!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  15. Registered User
    aaronuconn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,347
    Answers
    0


    I'd suggest Focus XT as well.

    1g ALCAR + 200mg Caffeine twice a day is a very basic stack as well. Both can be picked up from SNS.
  16. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    I'd suggest Focus XT as well.

    1g ALCAR + 200mg Caffeine twice a day is a very basic stack as well. Both can be picked up from SNS.
    This is what I just bought
  17. Registered User
    aaronuconn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,347
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    This is what I just bought
    Enjoy! I typically get all bulks from SNS and have never been let down.
  18. Registered User
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,105
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Enjoy! I typically get all bulks from SNS and have never been let down.
    Thanks for the kind words sir! Completely agree as well.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  19. Registered User
    aaronuconn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,347
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Thanks for the kind words sir! Completely agree as well.
    Glucuronolactone is certainly on list to try soon as well.
  20. mw1
    mw1 is offline
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,694
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Glucuronolactone is certainly on list to try soon as well.
    Its a great energy product without feeling stimmed out like caffeine or dmaa

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  21. mw1
    mw1 is offline
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,694
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Glucuronolactone is certainly on list to try soon as well.
    Its a great energy product without feeling stimmed out like caffeine or dmaa. Which is why it is used in so many energy drinks

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  22. mw1
    mw1 is offline
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,694
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    Any promo/discount codes for the NP store?
    No promo codes that I am aware of but we will be getting together some sns "freebies" like pill boxes ,shirts ,blender bottle etc with purchases

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  23. Registered User
    aaronuconn's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,347
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Its a great energy product without feeling stimmed out like caffeine or dmaa. Which is why it is used in so many energy drinks
    Unfortunately, it's under-dosed in most energy drinks. I believe Red Bull has an appreciable amount, though.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 07:35 PM
  2. Stack Recommendations
    By ticktwo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 07:40 PM
  3. stack recommendation
    By raptor2003 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 10:28 PM
  4. Fat loss + nootropic stack
    By finchie in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2005, 12:23 AM
  5. Nootropics Stack...
    By Kylixer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2003, 01:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in