1st Nootropic stack for studying/motivation

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking about running a Nootropic stack this coming fall for my school work.. I've been browsing around to see what other people have been adding into theirs.. Here's a list of what I'm considering. Opinions about additions/modifications to this stack are welcomed..

Huperzine A
Alpha-GPC
CDP-Choline
Oxi/Prima/Aniracetam
tyrosine
Pyritinol
ALCAR
Primatene (On 2 wks/off1)

I've also heard some good things about Focus Xt

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
You could post this into the regular supplement section; as this is more product suggestions rather than the MOA of these ingredients. But FWIW, Focus XT contains ALCAR, Choline and Huperzine A which makes it a great nootropic stack, add in some DAA, and your good to go.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Any SNS reps have a promo code or anything I could use to purchase Focus Xt?

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any SNS reps have a promo code or anything I could use to purchase Focus Xt?
No codes that I am aware of, but I see FXT as cheap as ~$20, pretty hard to beat that price for the product.

Kluu

Kluu

Awards
Alpha Brain from onnit labs works well for me.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Down the road I'm thinking about adding a racetam to the stack.. I know Piracetam is the oldest of all of them and the most popular. Ani I've heard helps w/ verbal fluency and clear thinking. Oxi I'm not too sure about.. Probably more for energy and motivation.. Pramiracetam seems to be all of these on steroids favoring the effects of Ani... Anyone tried these and could point out the noticeable differences?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Down the road I'm thinking about adding a racetam to the stack.. I know Piracetam is the oldest of all of them and the most popular. Ani I've heard helps w/ verbal fluency and clear thinking. Oxi I'm not too sure about.. Probably more for energy and motivation.. Pramiracetam seems to be all of these on steroids favoring the effects of Ani... Anyone tried these and could point out the noticeable differences?
Ani is a pretty strong anxiolytic and definitely helps speaking and social interaction. It is great to take before speaking engagements or anytime there will will be social interaction and you want to feel calm and clear. I have not found that it offers much for studying or learning. Pramiracetam just made me feel anxious and a little out of sorts- similar to too much caffeine. Piracetam made me very groggy and sleepy with no desire to be in public. However, it did seem to make me want to focus on tasks when I was writing a few reports, so I imagine it could be decent for studying. I don't like it, though. Phenylpiracetam is my new favorite next to Ani. Within 20 min, you feel a mental clarity just sweep over you and you feel like everything is really easy to understand and your brain just works faster. Plus, it gives a nice clear physical energy that lasts 5-7 hours with no crash. It does seem to build a tolerance pretty quick, though. I like to take it for events that I really need a lot of overall energy for.

For me- Ani and Alpha GPC everyday and I will mix in Phenylpiracetam when I need the energy.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to bump this thread b/c I'm sure theres quite a few people who like nootropics but would like to know what each one provides.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Focus XT + Demiurge. If you really want a nootropic stack.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Primaforce?

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Focus XT + Demiurge. If you really want a nootropic stack.
Focus xt is a staple for me. It's insane focus! I have been wanting to stack demiurge with it. Sulbutiamine stacked with it is insane!

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Focus xt is a staple for me. It's insane focus! I have been wanting to stack demiurge with it. Sulbutiamine stacked with it is insane!
Can Sulbutiamine be picked up at GNC? I've read it can be helpful w/ brainfog...It's a derivative of B1 but apparently its crosses the BBB better than Thiamine would

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, most noots you need to source online. The thought of stacking Focus XT and Demiurge sounds like an insane speedball to me. I have anxiety just thinking about it.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Can Sulbutiamine be picked up at GNC? I've read it can be helpful w/ brainfog...It's a derivative of B1 but apparently its crosses the BBB better than Thiamine would
You can get it at NP or Smart Powders

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used Focus XT as a PWO because it doesn't do anything for me on a noot level. The energy is decent, but as far as cognitive benefits, I found none.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
I used Focus XT as a PWO because it doesn't do anything for me on a noot level. The energy is decent, but as far as cognitive benefits, I found none.
Yea I wish I had read more reviews before making the purchase.... Oh well.. Lesson learned I guess

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's crazy how everyone reacts differently to stuff. I get tunnel vision from focus XT. Enhanced however, gives me nothing. I might be the only person on the site that doesn't respond to it.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
I have a tub of ALCAR that I bought along w/ the Focus XT. I'm gonna go ahead and just use that on its own to see how it effects me..

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's crazy how everyone reacts differently to stuff. I get tunnel vision from focus XT. Enhanced however, gives me nothing. I might be the only person on the site that doesn't respond to it.
Just the nature of natural supplements. Alcar in general does nothing for me no matter the dose, and a lot of people on here rave about it.

I'd like to throw out Rhodiola as something to add to the stack as well. While not known for cognitive benefits, it does really help the body cope with stress and we all know that stress kills concentration and hurts the mind. It's a staple for me and when I stop taking it, I can feel it.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Just the nature of natural supplements. Alcar in general does nothing for me no matter the dose, and a lot of people on here rave about it.

I'd like to throw out Rhodiola as something to add to the stack as well. While not known for cognitive benefits, it does really help the body cope with stress and we all know that stress kills concentration and hurts the mind. It's a staple for me and when I stop taking it, I can feel it.
Yea rhodiola is marketed as a supp to help the adrenal glands and the efficient production of cortisol, etc.. I tried some this past Fall and honestly didn't notice anything... It's not to say it doesn't work, as we have all noticed these things are hit or miss..A home run or a strike out...

mcc23

Awards
  • Established

I will say that PLCAR (despite being promoted as the Performance carnitine) I have noticed profound mental clarity.. Especially after a workout..My thoughts and translated into words better, memory recall is sharper, etc...Plus it leans you out a little bit despite caloric intake

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting. I have never tried plcar, but most studies I have read about it showed that it is generally beneficial for overall fatigue, which Rhodiola takes care of for me. I haven't read much about the mental benefits because most studies then start to focus on Alcar.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Just an FYI.. Focus XT starts to really shine a couple weeks in. The acute effects are nice, however the cumulative effects with prolonged usage are phenomenal. Don't give up on it quite yet. :D

I also suggest people purchase 2 tubs, that way you can truly appreciate the effects over an 8 week course. You can even add in a little bulk ALCAR and some Na-R-ALA.

Reactions: mw1

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Just an FYI.. Focus XT starts to really shine a couple weeks in. The acute effects are nice, however the cumulative effects with prolonged usage are phenomenal. Don't give up on it quite yet. :D

I also suggest people purchase 2 tubs, that way you can truly appreciate the effects over an 8 week course. You can even add in a little bulk ALCAR and some Na-R-ALA.

I have ALCAR. I tried dosing it separately today but honestly hadn't noticed anything.. I'd hope I could notice something after 4 weeks use before buying another tub..I've been advised to start w/ a half a scoop as the choline from 1 full scoop was likely what made me tired last time...

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have ALCAR. I tried dosing it separately today but honestly hadn't noticed anything.. I'd hope I could notice something after 4 weeks use before buying another tub..I've been advised to start w/ a half a scoop as the choline from 1 full scoop was likely what made me tired last time...
Certainly listen to the SNS reps, they know there stuff especially when it comes to this product. :D

Haven't heard of too many people having that side effect from Choline, albeit I recognize it's possible.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Certainly listen to the SNS reps, they know there stuff especially when it comes to this product. :D

Haven't heard of too many people having that side effect from Choline, albeit I recognize it's possible.
Hopefully I'll notice something in the next week or so

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone try Craze + Demiurge? I love Craze for the tunnel vision effect and just got two bottles of Demiurge....might give it a go! :)

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Anyone try Craze + Demiurge? I love Craze for the tunnel vision effect and just got two bottles of Demiurge....might give it a go! :)
Sounds like a great stack. I've heard a lot of good things about Demiurge but haven't tried it. It will be the next supp I get.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The tunnel vision effect is coming from the phenylpiracetam in Demiurge.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
The tunnel vision effect is coming from the phenylpiracetam in Demiurge.
How would you compare Phenylpiracetam (in Demiurge) to others such as Aniracetam and Prami..?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look back about 20 posts and I broke down the differences for me in some detail.

Phenyl- overall body energy and "awakening" feeling of the mind. Lifts fog.
Prami- just an anxious energy like too much caffeine. Very energizing, but not good for people like me that lean towards slight anxiety.
Ani- Hands down the best social noot. Pulls together thoughts, good for public speaking, and a moderate anxiolytic. Doesn't seem to support learning, but rather taking what you already have in your brain and putting it together.

T.R.A.N.C.E.

Awards
anyone tried noopept? its the newest nootropic out and is 1000x stronger than piracetam hence only need a 10mg dose. I was curious about it so I got some in going to try some today actually, he.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
anyone tried noopept? its the newest nootropic out and is 1000x stronger than piracetam hence only need a 10mg dose. I was curious about it so I got some in going to try some today actually, he.
Let us know how it goes? I was curious about that one

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I can only get phenyl here so my only experience is with Demiurge and Focus XT. The combo worked well for me during periods of intense study and cramming.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use Focus-Xt as a sleep aid.... :/
Try dosing down it may just be overloading you. Some people have to get used to it.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Try dosing down it may just be overloading you. Some people have to get used to it.
I've been doin that the past few days... Seems that when I half the dose I'm not getting enough of the other ingredients to create that nootropic effect we're all lookin for...I'll keep at it tho

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been doin that the past few days... Seems that when I half the dose I'm not getting enough of the other ingredients to create that nootropic effect we're all lookin for...I'll keep at it tho
What sort of nootropic effects do you expect to feel?