1st Nootropic stack for studying/motivation - AnabolicMinds.com

1st Nootropic stack for studying/motivation

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

1st Nootropic stack for studying/motivation

I'm thinking about running a Nootropic stack this coming fall for my school work.. I've been browsing around to see what other people have been adding into theirs.. Here's a list of what I'm considering. Opinions about additions/modifications to this stack are welcomed..

Huperzine A
    Alpha-GPC
    CDP-Choline
    Oxi/Prima/Aniracetam
    tyrosine
    Pyritinol
    ALCAR
    Primatene (On 2 wks/off1)

I've also heard some good things about Focus Xt

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You could post this into the regular supplement section; as this is more product suggestions rather than the MOA of these ingredients. But FWIW, Focus XT contains ALCAR, Choline and Huperzine A which makes it a great nootropic stack, add in some DAA, and your good to go.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Any SNS reps have a promo code or anything I could use to purchase Focus Xt?
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    Any SNS reps have a promo code or anything I could use to purchase Focus Xt?
    No codes that I am aware of, but I see FXT as cheap as ~$20, pretty hard to beat that price for the product.
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    No codes that I am aware of, but I see FXT as cheap as ~$20, pretty hard to beat that price for the product.
    Bring back 2 for $30.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.

Alpha Brain from onnit labs works well for me.
  7. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Kluu View Post
    Alpha Brain from onnit labs works well for me.
    Focus XT >
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Focus XT >
    íSi!
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Focus XT >
    Could you describe your experience with it? You used caffeine free too right?
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Down the road I'm thinking about adding a racetam to the stack.. I know Piracetam is the oldest of all of them and the most popular. Ani I've heard helps w/ verbal fluency and clear thinking. Oxi I'm not too sure about.. Probably more for energy and motivation.. Pramiracetam seems to be all of these on steroids favoring the effects of Ani... Anyone tried these and could point out the noticeable differences?
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Down the road I'm thinking about adding a racetam to the stack.. I know Piracetam is the oldest of all of them and the most popular. Ani I've heard helps w/ verbal fluency and clear thinking. Oxi I'm not too sure about.. Probably more for energy and motivation.. Pramiracetam seems to be all of these on steroids favoring the effects of Ani... Anyone tried these and could point out the noticeable differences?
    Ani is a pretty strong anxiolytic and definitely helps speaking and social interaction. It is great to take before speaking engagements or anytime there will will be social interaction and you want to feel calm and clear. I have not found that it offers much for studying or learning. Pramiracetam just made me feel anxious and a little out of sorts- similar to too much caffeine. Piracetam made me very groggy and sleepy with no desire to be in public. However, it did seem to make me want to focus on tasks when I was writing a few reports, so I imagine it could be decent for studying. I don't like it, though. Phenylpiracetam is my new favorite next to Ani. Within 20 min, you feel a mental clarity just sweep over you and you feel like everything is really easy to understand and your brain just works faster. Plus, it gives a nice clear physical energy that lasts 5-7 hours with no crash. It does seem to build a tolerance pretty quick, though. I like to take it for events that I really need a lot of overall energy for.

For me- Ani and Alpha GPC everyday and I will mix in Phenylpiracetam when I need the energy.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I'd like to bump this thread b/c I'm sure theres quite a few people who like nootropics but would like to know what each one provides.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

bumpers
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Focus XT + Demiurge. If you really want a nootropic stack.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Thought prima > phenyl
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Primaforce?
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Primaforce?
    ** Pramiracetam.. sp
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Focus xt is a staple for me. It's insane focus! I have been wanting to stack demiurge with it. Sulbutiamine stacked with it is insane!
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    Focus xt is a staple for me. It's insane focus! I have been wanting to stack demiurge with it. Sulbutiamine stacked with it is insane!
    Can Sulbutiamine be picked up at GNC? I've read it can be helpful w/ brainfog...It's a derivative of B1 but apparently its crosses the BBB better than Thiamine would
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

No, most noots you need to source online. The thought of stacking Focus XT and Demiurge sounds like an insane speedball to me. I have anxiety just thinking about it.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Can Sulbutiamine be picked up at GNC? I've read it can be helpful w/ brainfog...It's a derivative of B1 but apparently its crosses the BBB better than Thiamine would
    You can get it at NP or Smart Powders
  22. Senior Member

Focus XT >
    I took this, felt nothing. :/

I might try again?
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AdelV View Post
    I took this, felt nothing. :/

I might try again?
    I haven't felt/noticed anything yet either... :/
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I used Focus XT as a PWO because it doesn't do anything for me on a noot level. The energy is decent, but as far as cognitive benefits, I found none.
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I used Focus XT as a PWO because it doesn't do anything for me on a noot level. The energy is decent, but as far as cognitive benefits, I found none.
    Yea I wish I had read more reviews before making the purchase.... Oh well.. Lesson learned I guess
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It's crazy how everyone reacts differently to stuff. I get tunnel vision from focus XT. Enhanced however, gives me nothing. I might be the only person on the site that doesn't respond to it.
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I have a tub of ALCAR that I bought along w/ the Focus XT. I'm gonna go ahead and just use that on its own to see how it effects me..
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyKiller45 View Post
    It's crazy how everyone reacts differently to stuff. I get tunnel vision from focus XT. Enhanced however, gives me nothing. I might be the only person on the site that doesn't respond to it.
    Just the nature of natural supplements. Alcar in general does nothing for me no matter the dose, and a lot of people on here rave about it.

I'd like to throw out Rhodiola as something to add to the stack as well. While not known for cognitive benefits, it does really help the body cope with stress and we all know that stress kills concentration and hurts the mind. It's a staple for me and when I stop taking it, I can feel it.
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Just the nature of natural supplements. Alcar in general does nothing for me no matter the dose, and a lot of people on here rave about it.

I'd like to throw out Rhodiola as something to add to the stack as well. While not known for cognitive benefits, it does really help the body cope with stress and we all know that stress kills concentration and hurts the mind. It's a staple for me and when I stop taking it, I can feel it.
    Yea rhodiola is marketed as a supp to help the adrenal glands and the efficient production of cortisol, etc.. I tried some this past Fall and honestly didn't notice anything... It's not to say it doesn't work, as we have all noticed these things are hit or miss..A home run or a strike out...
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I will say that PLCAR (despite being promoted as the Performance carnitine) I have noticed profound mental clarity.. Especially after a workout..My thoughts and translated into words better, memory recall is sharper, etc...Plus it leans you out a little bit despite caloric intake
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Interesting. I have never tried plcar, but most studies I have read about it showed that it is generally beneficial for overall fatigue, which Rhodiola takes care of for me. I haven't read much about the mental benefits because most studies then start to focus on Alcar.
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Just an FYI.. Focus XT starts to really shine a couple weeks in. The acute effects are nice, however the cumulative effects with prolonged usage are phenomenal. Don't give up on it quite yet.

I also suggest people purchase 2 tubs, that way you can truly appreciate the effects over an 8 week course. You can even add in a little bulk ALCAR and some Na-R-ALA.
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Just an FYI.. Focus XT starts to really shine a couple weeks in. The acute effects are nice, however the cumulative effects with prolonged usage are phenomenal. Don't give up on it quite yet.

I also suggest people purchase 2 tubs, that way you can truly appreciate the effects over an 8 week course. You can even add in a little bulk ALCAR and some Na-R-ALA.

I have ALCAR. I tried dosing it separately today but honestly hadn't noticed anything.. I'd hope I could notice something after 4 weeks use before buying another tub..I've been advised to start w/ a half a scoop as the choline from 1 full scoop was likely what made me tired last time...
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

I have ALCAR. I tried dosing it separately today but honestly hadn't noticed anything.. I'd hope I could notice something after 4 weeks use before buying another tub..I've been advised to start w/ a half a scoop as the choline from 1 full scoop was likely what made me tired last time...
    Certainly listen to the SNS reps, they know there stuff especially when it comes to this product.

Haven't heard of too many people having that side effect from Choline, albeit I recognize it's possible.
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Certainly listen to the SNS reps, they know there stuff especially when it comes to this product.

Haven't heard of too many people having that side effect from Choline, albeit I recognize it's possible.
    Hopefully I'll notice something in the next week or so
  36. Advanced Member

Anyone try Craze + Demiurge? I love Craze for the tunnel vision effect and just got two bottles of Demiurge....might give it a go!
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjo View Post
    Anyone try Craze + Demiurge? I love Craze for the tunnel vision effect and just got two bottles of Demiurge....might give it a go!
    Sounds like a great stack. I've heard a lot of good things about Demiurge but haven't tried it. It will be the next supp I get.
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

The tunnel vision effect is coming from the phenylpiracetam in Demiurge.
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

The tunnel vision effect is coming from the phenylpiracetam in Demiurge.
    How would you compare Phenylpiracetam (in Demiurge) to others such as Aniracetam and Prami..?
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Look back about 20 posts and I broke down the differences for me in some detail.

Phenyl- overall body energy and "awakening" feeling of the mind. Lifts fog.
    Prami- just an anxious energy like too much caffeine. Very energizing, but not good for people like me that lean towards slight anxiety.
    Ani- Hands down the best social noot. Pulls together thoughts, good for public speaking, and a moderate anxiolytic. Doesn't seem to support learning, but rather taking what you already have in your brain and putting it together.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 10:21 PM
  2. Anarchy Stack for Women
    By meg1793 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 10:35 PM
  3. Nootropics Stack...
    By Kylixer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2003, 01:51 PM
  4. Ingredients for success (Motivation)