best tasting protein

JJW265

Awards
Simply just askin you guys what your favorite tasting protein is. This does NOT take into account cost, nutrition facts, ingredient profile and whatever else may be considered when buying protein, but strictly down to the taste. I havent tried too many different kinds. Maybe a grand total of six or so, but my favorite so far is gnc's chocolate wheybolic 60.

AppJeff

AppJeff

Awards
XF 2.0 has ruined me for just about anything else on the market. Dave is the master when it comes to flavoring and makes a quality product without question.

d1sc1ple

Awards
GIANT Sports Vanilla, Metabolic Nutrition Peanut Butter Cookie, Iforce Vanilla Mint.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oxyelite protein for chocolate and vanilla, CNC combat, and cinnamon roll myofusion oh and pumpkin pie trutein

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ProNom 23 and Vanilla Phase8, although I would never buy the later again.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oxy elite protein hands down. Syntha six a close second

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Metabolic nutrition peanut butter cookie is off the chain. It's too expensive though.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Trutein Cinnabun AMAZING

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lots of solid flavored proteins out there nowadays. The ones that have been in my protein stash/rotation the last several months (that I've enjoyed) include: XF Ultra Peptide, SAN Proteins (Casein and Whey), OxyElite Protein, Giants Sports Protein, and DeNovo Nutrition Whey. In general I have enjoyed all the flavors I have tried from these brands.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Metabolic PB Cookie
XF 2.0 ---> LCP, Butterscotch, Chocolate Mint
Allmax Isoflex Choc PB
beverly Cookies and Cream and Rocky Road.
Cellucor Cor Performance Cinnamon Swirl, Cookies and Cream, Peanut Butter Marshmallow
San Titanium Chocolate Graham Cracker, Vanilla Butterscotch
Dymatize Cinnamon Roll/ Choc PB and Cookies are cream are all good
OxyElite Chocolate is my favorite of the 2 flavors.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Giant Sports and Myofusion. Haven't had the chance to try the new Oxyelite Protein yet but hear great things.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Giant Sports and Myofusion. Haven't had the chance to try the new Oxyelite Protein yet but hear great things.
this

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Metabolic nutrition pb cookie, oxy elite chocolate, cellucor pb marshmallow.

Although not a protein in the conventional sense, PF3's flavors are freakin' delicious :)

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Iforce Protein is also up there but I havent bought any in a few months

THIS! Red Velvet cake, best flavor ever imo! It isn't being produced right now, so stock up if you can find it!!!!!

Mike

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
GiantSports.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oxyelite protein from USPlabs. I have only tried the vanilla, but it really is THAT good!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Metabolic nutrition pb cookie, oxy elite chocolate, cellucor pb marshmallow.

Although not a protein in the conventional sense, PF3's flavors are freakin' delicious :)
Appreciate the cellucor support brother, try the Cookies and Cream (had actual cookie pieces in the batter) bet you would love it.

actionhero

actionhero

Awards
Muscle Guage Nutrition peanut butter & cake batter.

cjwav34

Awards
Easily XF UP 2.0

Everything else is going for second place.

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
THIS! Red Velvet cake, best flavor ever imo! It isn't being produced right now, so stock up if you can find it!!!!!

Mike
That was my favorite !!! You guys better come up a fruit flavored iso on par with compete.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
That was my favorite !!! You guys better come up a fruit flavored iso on par with compete.
We're releasing Isotean soon...the first flavors will be the go-to chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla flavors but we do have some things that the community has been asking for in the works, and the flavors will deliver. :D

Strawberry Creamsicle Protean is my favorite general purpose protein available to the masses at the current time, although I have a soft spot in my heart for UP2.0 more than any other product. It's one of the first protein products I ever bought after joining online forum communities and doing my research. I also like Vasolate and Protogen.

Awards
  • Established
Trutein chocolate dipped strawberry, PB cup, and Pumpkin pie, Syntha-6 orange creamsicle, OEProtein chocolate,Iforce Protean Red Velvet cake, and I surprisingly liked a sample of ON hydrobuilder Vanilla I just tried.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
XF is easily one of my go to proteins cause they have never let me down. So I will be trying USP's Oxyelite Protein excited I love a good vanilla.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Muscle Gauge Nutrition Cake Batter is one of the best tasting proteins on the market. And yes there was a small quality issue in the past but not only was it resolved but the new products were re-formulated so all issues have been worked out. I stand by my company to do business the old fashioned way by working for it. If you would like some samples of our new great tasting products please send me a PM and I will get them out to you. That includes you Solution. Just let me know.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Muscle Gauge Nutrition Cake Batter is one of the best tasting proteins on the market. And yes there was a small quality issue in the past but not only was it resolved but the new products were re-formulated so all issues have been worked out. I stand by my company to do business the old fashioned way by working for it. If you would like some samples of our new great tasting products please send me a PM and I will get them out to you. That includes you Solution. Just let me know.
Ill pass, im really not sold on the change or how you can continue to sell a product at a very cheap price given the cost of raw materials, not to mention i have known company owners who literally threw away hundreds of pounds of the product in the trash after the setbacks and instances in the past. I never got to try the older stuff, but after seeing what happened and went down it just sticks in the back of my mind (Just a personal preference). im not fond of a company who spikes their product to a degree and was caught doing so (as some other companies have been found to do as well). It just questions me when i see a product sell so cheap on the market, and then read your label and i find it hard you actually break even with the price you sell it at given the cost of raws. Is it possible you have a COA to back your protein powder that you could share with us?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One protein I've HEARD is delicious is Cellucoe Whey. This WILL be my next protein I purchase when I place an order. The flavors sound delicious and I have no clue which one to try.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Core power RTD chocolate protein shake, they had it in a store by me and it was delicious but I think it had a ton of sugar in it lol. I used to really like PROnos vanilla but I think USP Oxy Elite Chocolate protein is my favorite at the moment.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
One protein I've HEARD is delicious is Cellucoe Whey. This WILL be my next protein I purchase when I place an order. The flavors sound delicious and I have no clue which one to try.
Wait till you try Cookies and Cream of Cinnamon Swirl
its *Cellucor* by the way :)

Thanks man!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm going to have to go and try that cookies and cream now!
There is actual cookie pieces in the whey powder (Delicious)
The Cinnamon Swirl tastes just like Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Ask cooper --> he said the bcaa was the beset tasting on the market :)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wait till you try Cookies and Cream of Cinnamon Swirl
its *Cellucor* by the way :)

Thanks man!
Sorry, at work and I was typing quick. I think the Cinnamon is the first on my to try list; I love cinnamon. Next would be the peanut butter marshmellow, but I might have to go CnC instead.

rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
After oxyelite protein I can't ask for a better tasting protein shake..
Chocolate is delicious. Haven't even tried vanilla but ordered another tub of chocolate lol

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
ohh my - the 6,398,826th thread on this forum about best tasting protein..

I just have 2 questions in reply:

1) why?
and
2) why??

"great" taste is most always (not absolute but like 98% of time) the very first clue you have that there are other things besides the protein that are in there (read: unwanted carbs & fats) that are making it "taste" better'

the question is like starting a thread asking "okay, who all likes freckled redheads?"
who cares? matter of opinion

me, I like nutrition, and PROTEIN in my protein!

but OP -- chocolate wheybolic? really?
you really haven't tasted much then, have you? :p
(let alone you are paying insane price for the worst processing method in existence in the ion exchange they use)

sorry /rant

madripper32

madripper32

Awards
  • Established
ohh my - the 6,398,826th thread on this forum about best tasting protein..

I just have 2 questions in reply:

1) why?
and
2) why??

"great" taste is most always (not absolute but like 98% of time) the very first clue you have that there are other things besides the protein that are in there (read: unwanted carbs & fats) that are making it "taste" better'

the question is like starting a thread asking "okay, who all likes freckled redheads?"
who cares? matter of opinion

me, I like nutrition, and PROTEIN in my protein!

but OP -- chocolate wheybolic? really?
you really haven't tasted much then, have you? :p
(let alone you are paying insane price for the worst processing method in existence in the ion exchange they use)

sorry /rant
So snags what's ur brand of choice?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sorry, at work and I was typing quick. I think the Cinnamon is the first on my to try list; I love cinnamon. Next would be the peanut butter marshmellow, but I might have to go CnC instead.
It wont let ya down bro.. mark it

Reactions: 804
Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just got a tub of ON peanut butter chocolate casein...pretty good stuff.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
So snags what's ur brand of choice?
I don't have one
low carb/fat isolates and hydrolosates with high protein content during the day..blended proteins for later at night
it is rare that I'll use/want an MRP type blend - would rather make that myself with some of the aforementioned above, at least I know what amounts i'm getting of what and using my own quality fats/carbs

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
Cellucor is ok I wasn't that impressed . I tried the c&c , cinnamon swirl ,peanut butter marshmallow and molten chocolate . Oxyelite vanilla was a avg shake but easily the best protein I've ever used in cooking .

XF lemon cream pie
Truetien Jamocha
Pro nom vanilla
My favorite though is a scoop of ON gold chocolate and a table spoon of instant coffee first thing in the morning .

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cellucor is ok I wasn't that impressed . I tried the c&c , cinnamon swirl ,peanut butter marshmallow and molten chocolate . Oxyelite vanilla was a avg shake but easily the best protein I've ever used in cooking .

XF lemon cream pie
Truetien Jamocha
Pro nom vanilla
My favorite though is a scoop of ON gold chocolate and a table spoon of instant coffee first thing in the morning .
That's disappointing to hear I was looking forward to trying cinnamon swirl in the future.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
That's disappointing to hear I was looking forward to trying cinnamon swirl in the future.
ever try myofusion cinnamon roll? not bad
there used to be a bomb tasting (again I don't really care about taste but..) isolate IDS put out, couple yrs back..apple cinnamon I believe?
used the hell outta that one for awhile -- till somebody did a testing on it and it did not spec out anywhere close to as clean as they claimed

meh :shrug:

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ever try myofusion cinnamon roll? not bad
there used to be a bomb tasting (again I don't really care about taste but..) isolate IDS put out, couple yrs back..apple cinnamon I believe?
used the hell outta that one for awhile -- till somebody did a testing on it and it did not spec out anywhere close to as clean as they claimed

meh :shrug:
I actually haven't. As you know It's hard for me to get away from gold standard lol they have a cinnamon graham cracker ill be trying soon I think.