best tasting protein

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. ohh my - the 6,398,826th thread on this forum about best tasting protein..

    I just have 2 questions in reply:

    1) why?
    and
    2) why??

    "great" taste is most always (not absolute but like 98% of time) the very first clue you have that there are other things besides the protein that are in there (read: unwanted carbs & fats) that are making it "taste" better'

    the question is like starting a thread asking "okay, who all likes freckled redheads?"
    who cares? matter of opinion

    me, I like nutrition, and PROTEIN in my protein!

    but OP -- chocolate wheybolic? really?
    you really haven't tasted much then, have you?
    (let alone you are paying insane price for the worst processing method in existence in the ion exchange they use)


    sorry /rant


  2. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    ohh my - the 6,398,826th thread on this forum about best tasting protein..

    I just have 2 questions in reply:

    1) why?
    and
    2) why??

    "great" taste is most always (not absolute but like 98% of time) the very first clue you have that there are other things besides the protein that are in there (read: unwanted carbs & fats) that are making it "taste" better'

    the question is like starting a thread asking "okay, who all likes freckled redheads?"
    who cares? matter of opinion

    me, I like nutrition, and PROTEIN in my protein!

    but OP -- chocolate wheybolic? really?
    you really haven't tasted much then, have you?
    (let alone you are paying insane price for the worst processing method in existence in the ion exchange they use)

    sorry /rant
    So snags what's ur brand of choice?
    Check out my LG Bulk Kit log.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238159-getting-my-bulk-2.html#post4242169
  3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by AntM1564 View Post
    Sorry, at work and I was typing quick. I think the Cinnamon is the first on my to try list; I love cinnamon. Next would be the peanut butter marshmellow, but I might have to go CnC instead.
    It wont let ya down bro.. mark it

    1RMSupplement Rep
    1RMSupplements.com
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
    •   
       


  4. I just got a tub of ON peanut butter chocolate casein...pretty good stuff.
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  5. Quote Originally Posted by madripper32 View Post
    So snags what's ur brand of choice?
    I don't have one
    low carb/fat isolates and hydrolosates with high protein content during the day..blended proteins for later at night
    it is rare that I'll use/want an MRP type blend - would rather make that myself with some of the aforementioned above, at least I know what amounts i'm getting of what and using my own quality fats/carbs

  6. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    It wont let ya down bro.. mark it

    Those look delicious!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

  7. Cellucor is ok I wasn't that impressed . I tried the c&c , cinnamon swirl ,peanut butter marshmallow and molten chocolate . Oxyelite vanilla was a avg shake but easily the best protein I've ever used in cooking .

    XF lemon cream pie
    Truetien Jamocha
    Pro nom vanilla
    My favorite though is a scoop of ON gold chocolate and a table spoon of instant coffee first thing in the morning .
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"

  8. Quote Originally Posted by roblasane View Post
    Cellucor is ok I wasn't that impressed . I tried the c&c , cinnamon swirl ,peanut butter marshmallow and molten chocolate . Oxyelite vanilla was a avg shake but easily the best protein I've ever used in cooking .

    XF lemon cream pie
    Truetien Jamocha
    Pro nom vanilla
    My favorite though is a scoop of ON gold chocolate and a table spoon of instant coffee first thing in the morning .
    That's disappointing to hear I was looking forward to trying cinnamon swirl in the future.
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    That's disappointing to hear I was looking forward to trying cinnamon swirl in the future.
    ever try myofusion cinnamon roll? not bad
    there used to be a bomb tasting (again I don't really care about taste but..) isolate IDS put out, couple yrs back..apple cinnamon I believe?
    used the hell outta that one for awhile -- till somebody did a testing on it and it did not spec out anywhere close to as clean as they claimed

    meh

  10. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    ever try myofusion cinnamon roll? not bad
    there used to be a bomb tasting (again I don't really care about taste but..) isolate IDS put out, couple yrs back..apple cinnamon I believe?
    used the hell outta that one for awhile -- till somebody did a testing on it and it did not spec out anywhere close to as clean as they claimed

    meh
    I actually haven't. As you know It's hard for me to get away from gold standard lol they have a cinnamon graham cracker ill be trying soon I think.
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  11. It wasn't bad but it wasn't anything amazing .
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"

  12. Quote Originally Posted by roblasane View Post
    It wasn't bad but it wasn't anything amazing .
    no protein powder will ever be "amazing" bud

    give me FOOD -- now that's amazing

  13. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    no protein powder will ever be "amazing" bud give me FOOD -- now that's amazing
    I agree to disagree. I look forward to a good protein shake

  14. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    no protein powder will ever be "amazing" bud

    give me FOOD -- now that's amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by 804 View Post
    I agree to disagree. I look forward to a good protein shake
    I have to agree-with 804 here I look forward to my protein shake before bed every night lol
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    I have to agree-with 804 here I look forward to my protein shake before bed every night lol
    Yes sir, I look forward to a pre-bedtime milkshake practically. Not exactly the time of day I'd want a steak.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by 804 View Post
    Yes sir, I look forward to a pre-bedtime milkshake practically. Not exactly the time of day I'd want a steak.
    I just look forward to it since its the closest to chocolate peanut butter I can get lol
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  17. why no steak before bed?
    protein + satfat = all night long slow release

    you guys overthink things too much, sometimes lol

    steak most def qualifies as "amazing" .. red meat FTMFW

  18. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    why no steak before bed?
    protein + satfat = all night long slow release

    you guys overthink things too much, sometimes lol

    red meat FTMFW
    If they made peanut butter chocolate steak I'd be all over it before bed lol
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

  19. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    why no steak before bed?
    protein + satfat = all night long slow release

    you guys overthink things too much, sometimes lol

    steak most def qualifies as "amazing" .. red meat FTMFW
    I agree completely. I LOVE steak. But, late at night my sweet tooth craves a shake

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    If they made peanut butter chocolate steak I'd be all over it before bed lol
    side of 1 tbs natty pb then, hush
    forget the chocolate - causes a chemical reaction in your brain not much different than falling in love does

    if you really gotta have the choco/pb combo tho, sprinkle some raw cocoa powder in the pb
    win

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    If they made peanut butter chocolate steak I'd be all over it before bed lol
    This
  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    no protein powder will ever be "amazing" bud

    give me FOOD -- now that's amazing
    Agreed. ill take a damn steak over a powder any single day

    Real Talk here.
    1RMSupplement Rep
    1RMSupplements.com
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance

  23. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    ohh my - the 6,398,826th thread on this forum about best tasting protein..

    I just have 2 questions in reply:

    1) why?
    and
    2) why??

    "great" taste is most always (not absolute but like 98% of time) the very first clue you have that there are other things besides the protein that are in there (read: unwanted carbs & fats) that are making it "taste" better'

    the question is like starting a thread asking "okay, who all likes freckled redheads?"
    who cares? matter of opinion

    me, I like nutrition, and PROTEIN in my protein!

    but OP -- chocolate wheybolic? really?
    you really haven't tasted much then, have you?
    (let alone you are paying insane price for the worst processing method in existence in the ion exchange they use)

    sorry /rant
    Hahaha yeeaah im still a little new to this site but id figure this would give me some ideas for future buys and yes I know how overpriced and pretty bad quality the chocolate wheybolic is, but no I havent tasted much at all because I normally only have isopure, which i get 7.5 pounds for 90 bucks and is loaded with vitamins and minerals so to me thats a good buy. The only thing with isopure is that after so long it tastes absolutely horrid haha so I wanted some ideas on what to possibly get when this tub runs out

  24. Quote Originally Posted by JJW265 View Post
    Hahaha yeeaah im still a little new to this site but id figure this would give me some ideas for future buys and yes I know how overpriced and pretty bad quality the chocolate wheybolic is, but no I havent tasted much at all because I normally only have isopure, which i get 7.5 pounds for 90 bucks and is loaded with vitamins and minerals so to me thats a good buy. The only thing with isopure is that after so long it tastes absolutely horrid haha so I wanted some ideas on what to possibly get when this tub runs out
    isopure = same crap ion-exchange protein as gnc wheybolic..horribly overpriced and drained of all the nutritive properties due to poor and outdated processing
    horrible, not much taste, and ginormously overpriced..worthless I would say

  25. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    isopure = same crap ion-exchange protein as gnc wheybolic..horribly overpriced and drained of all the nutritive properties due to poor and outdated processing
    horrible, not much taste, and ginormously overpriced..worthless I would say
    Really? Wow. Now I just feel kinda feel like a jacka$$ haha.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by JJW265 View Post
    Really? Wow. Now I just feel kinda feel like a jacka$$ haha.
    is why you come to this forum man - to learn..no need to feel like a jackass
    glad I could help educate you

  27. Syntha 6 was oretty damn delicious i woud drink it and not workout i got fatter but i did pack on some beef i wish i would have worked out while taking it

  28. Metabolic Nutrition Pb Cookie and Iforce red velvet cake.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR
    Visist our website at www.FINAFLEX.com

    ​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."

  29. Quote Originally Posted by healthychaser View Post
    Syntha 6 was oretty damn delicious i woud drink it and not workout i got fatter
    not sure this is a good testimonial?
    but to be fair - this alone will not make you fat..that would be the rest of your diet talking
    but i did pack on some beef
    no, you packed on FAT (due to eating choices/total cals consumed)
    no protein powder is going to add "beef" or "muscle" to you, on its own..period
    doesn't work like that

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post

    If they made peanut butter chocolate steak I'd be all over it before bed lol
    What about Elvis Burger flavored protein? Ground beef, bacon, peanut butter, banana and pickles? Mmmmm.

  31. Quote Originally Posted by roblasane View Post

    That was my favorite !!! You guys better come up a fruit flavored iso on par with compete.
    On par with compete? Lol protein is to thick to make like compete. I could see it as a creamsicle type. Mmmmm. Creamy Fruit punchsicle!

  32. Muscle Milk Cookies and Cream.
  33. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Got to try Syntha 6 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Not bad, very good actually. nice chocolate chunks in the powder.
    1RMSupplement Rep
    1RMSupplements.com
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance

  34. HealthSmart Foods chocolate fudge brownie flavor. Though I didn't try too many protein powders.

  35. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    On par with compete? Lol protein is to thick to make like compete. I could see it as a creamsicle type. Mmmmm. Creamy Fruit punchsicle!
    Like orange cream !
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"

  36. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    On par with compete? Lol protein is to thick to make like compete. I could see it as a creamsicle type. Mmmmm. Creamy Fruit punchsicle!
    Like orange cream !
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"

  37. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Got to try Syntha 6 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Not bad, very good actually. nice chocolate chunks in the powder.
    I was pretty impressed with Syntha 6 Orange Smoothie

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
  38. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    I was pretty impressed with Syntha 6 Orange Smoothie
    will have to try.
    1RMSupplement Rep
    1RMSupplements.com
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance

  39. Syntha 6 peanut butter cookie, Iforce red velvet

  40. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    will have to try.
    Add a little crushed ice and it is quite a treat

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. best tasting protein, by brand
    By Nightwanderer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 10:49 AM
  2. I've found the BEST tasting protein yet!!!
    By 01yz426 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 11:54 AM
  3. Best Tasting Protein Powder?
    By Skark in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-28-2007, 06:39 PM
  4. best tasting protein drink!
    By Sanosuke in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 01:18 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Log in
Log in