Is there a supplement that get you motivated?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.45%

Is there a supplement that get you motivated?

I want to get in shape for the military but every time i work out i dont feel like im giving it my all i feel like im just too damn weak and i get tired and go home and unmotivated and disappointed is there a supplement that will get me pumped mentaly and make me want to workout? I just want to use it until im stronger and know i can pump iron and run for miles without any supplements. so im basically looking for a starter supplement what should i take? I need a supplement with balls i feel like my testosterone or something is low and i feel wimpy when i workout i am going to go for a run and ill report how i felt when i come back

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  167 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.52%
    Achievements Activity Pro

sounds like your diet is more than likely horrible, i would say work out your macros. (Protein, Carbs, Fats) and learn about nutrition first. your going to need carbs! because they are your bodys main energy source, having more will give you better energy. also get some fish oil and a multi as a staple for general health. then a basic protein powder, a creatine mono supp. then once you have diet in check and the basics in check. you can look at a pre workout to use when you need that kick, or boost. dont rely on it all the time though.
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Here is the one you may try I was having some time getting motivation much like you but this was having to right back on track
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

A good diet will help with energy the most. Once you get diet in check IGNITE2 would be the go to supolement for you. Great energy and pumps along with Aminosterone to bump up the testosterone levels and Crea Trona as well. I get great focus and a thermogenic effect that really gets me sweating in the gym. The price is unbelievable as well here on Nutraplanet.com

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

One thing also I love about the Enhanced is for the fact it has the Nitrates for outstanding Pumps built right into the blend. Unbelievable are the Pumps with Enhanced
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by healthychaser View Post
    I want to get in shape for the military but every time i work out i dont feel like im giving it my all i feel like im just too damn weak and i get tired and go home and unmotivated and disappointed is there a supplement that will get me pumped mentaly and make me want to workout? I just want to use it until im stronger and know i can pump iron and run for miles without any supplements. so im basically looking for a starter supplement what should i take? I need a supplement with balls i feel like my testosterone or something is low and i feel wimpy when i workout i am going to go for a run and ill report how i felt when i come back
    What you need isn't a supplement, what you need is self respect, will power and determination. No amount of pre-workout is going to make you any less wimpy. You need to lift weights until you can't stand it any more, then wait 5 minutes and do it again. then eat your bodyweight in good, clean food.

There aren't any short cuts to motivation, dude. Stop making excuses and just get your ass in gear. All of us here are willing to help you figure out a routine and root you on as you go, but YOU have to be the one to start
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post
    but YOU have to be the one to start
    There is much truth here and you have already started in the reality by making first step on asking here now to jumpstart and get a moving on
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.92%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Get your diet down and maybe a pre w/o to help with motivation and focus. MAN Game Day is killer, NP has a awesome sale on it right now plus all the other supps that come with it is a bonus!
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.75%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

What you need isn't a supplement, what you need is self respect, will power and determination. No amount of pre-workout is going to make you any less wimpy. You need to lift weights until you can't stand it any more, then wait 5 minutes and do it again. then eat your bodyweight in good, clean food.

There aren't any short cuts to motivation, dude. Stop making excuses and just get your ass in gear. All of us here are willing to help you figure out a routine and root you on as you go, but YOU have to be the one to start
    This.

Get over it kid. You need to nut up. Push through it. Disconnect your cable if you feel necessary. Set goals for yourself.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Boom!
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.33%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Lots of guys giving good advice in here don't beat yourself up. Get your head back in it, cause if you feel defeated then you already lost the battle. Trust me I'm Air Force now and if you feel like you do now going into Basic Training its going to be a rough ride. So best advice is get serious about nutrition, motivate yourself cause no one else can, and stay positive about things. Self defeating attitudes won't cut it.
    PES Representative
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.45%

Hell yes! I just got back from a 2.6 mile run and stopped periodically on the sidewalk and did pushusps as i was doing them people were honking at me and pulling over to see if i needed help as i did my pushups on a busy street i didn't take any supplements or anything i got my ass up and ran this forum is really motivating i feel great! the only thing that killed it was that on the way home my mom asked me to stop at mcdonalds for a sausage mcmuffin! i ate one too and now i feel guilty after reading these responses about diet just now. i didnt realize i had to diet because im not really that fat . i always thought i can eat anything as long as i work it off so maybe my diet is why im fatigued so easy? Thanx guys now that i know this now im going to read up on diet then ill start with the supplements thanks for the advice
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.75%

Diet is everything. People AREN'T fat because of their diet
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.49%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

We didn't say that you should "diet". We said to get your diet under control. First step is to eat real food and not fast food. Look on the Nutrition forums on here for information.

Good start running 2.6 miles and push-ups. Add pull-ups and sit-ups to your routine. In the military PT test these are part of the testing.
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.47%

Hell yes! I just got back from a 2.6 mile run and stopped periodically on the sidewalk and did pushusps as i was doing them people were honking at me and pulling over to see if i needed help as i did my pushups on a busy street i didn't take any supplements or anything i got my ass up and ran this forum is really motivating i feel great! the only thing that killed it was that on the way home my mom asked me to stop at mcdonalds for a sausage mcmuffin! i ate one too and now i feel guilty after reading these responses about diet just now. i didnt realize i had to diet because im not really that fat . i always thought i can eat anything as long as i work it off so maybe my diet is why im fatigued so easy? Thanx guys now that i know this now im going to read up on diet then ill start with the supplements thanks for the advice
    good job with your run/pushups! you earned that egg mcmuffin!
  16. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.41%

Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    We didn't say that you should "diet". We said to get your diet under control. First step is to eat real food and not fast food. Look on the Nutrition forums on here for information.

Good start running 2.6 miles and push-ups. Add pull-ups and sit-ups to your routine. In the military PT test these are part if the testing.
    That depends on service.

Army doesn't test pullups, marines don't test situps.

I would advise strength training coupled with moderate distance running (2-3 miles 2x a week).
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  17. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.74%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

good job with your run/pushups! you earned that egg mcmuffin!

He said sausage mcmuffin beyoootch!. Get it straight!
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.47%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

He said sausage mcmuffin beyoootch!. Get it straight!
    Oh crap! Well I look like a total a$$hole now.....

Lol
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.45%

It was actualy a sausage AND egg mcmuffin
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.47%

It was actualy a sausage AND egg mcmuffin
    So I was 1/2 right. Cool
  21. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.25%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Yes. It's called a mirror. At least that's what motivates me.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.47%

If you're not eating 3-4 McGriddles, you've no motivation.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  23. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.58%

Motivation comes from within, you need to harden up dude...
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Which branch of the military? If it's the Air Force, no need to workout. Other than that, grab your sack, feel that little pair and then get within enlistment standards. Freedom motivates me, PWO just makes sessions more enjoyable.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.03%

Quote Originally Posted by PrepNwa23 View Post
    Lots of guys giving good advice in here don't beat yourself up. Get your head back in it, cause if you feel defeated then you already lost the battle. Trust me I'm Air Force now and if you feel like you do now going into Basic Training its going to be a rough ride. So best advice is get serious about nutrition, motivate yourself cause no one else can, and stay positive about things. Self defeating attitudes won't cut it.
    Wham. No product will give you "intrinsic motivation"; sometimes they work to get you ready to hit the gym but if you already walk in with a defeated attitude, then you will never be productive. Focus on developing goals and start small; that way each time you achieve a goal you will likely develop more motivation to conquer the next goal and so on.

Oh, and get your T levels checked if you feel they are low
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  26. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.93%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Loud ****ing music and a heavy dose of man the **** up

Thank you... I was starting to lose faith after reading the first few posts of supplement pushing that was taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    This.

Get over it kid. You need to nut up. Push through it. Disconnect your cable if you feel necessary. Set goals for yourself.
    Yup yup yup!

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Which branch of the military? If it's the Air Force, no need to workout. Other than that, grab your sack, feel that little pair and then get within enlistment standards. Freedom motivates me, PWO just makes sessions more enjoyable.
    Baaaahhhhhhahahahaha!!! That's exactly what I was going to say! If you're going air force you sound ready as is lol!
    ~Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~

AnabolicMinds.com Site Rep
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.47%

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Loud ****ing music and a heavy dose of man the **** up

Thank you... I was starting to lose faith after reading the first few posts of supplement pushing that was taking place.

Yup yup yup!

Baaaahhhhhhahahahaha!!! That's exactly what I was going to say! If you're going air force you sound ready as is lol!
    Leave it to the Spaniard to speak truth
  28. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.15%

Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    If you're not eating 3-4 McGriddles, you've no motivation.
    I love me some mcgriddles. If anything should be a controlled substance, it should be those. So good.
  29. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.21%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.6%

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    A good diet will help with energy the most. Once you get diet in check IGNITE2 would be the go to supolement for you. Great energy and pumps along with Aminosterone to bump up the testosterone levels and Crea Trona as well. I get great focus and a thermogenic effect that really gets me sweating in the gym. The price is unbelievable as well here on Nutraplanet.com
    I ve used ignite 2 and it is a great pre workout product. I have had GREAT success mixing ignite 2 with Formutech Nutritions Volatile

Mix 1 scoop ignite 2 with 1/2 scoop volatile about 20 min pre workout. And then intra I have been doing 1/2 scoop Volatile with 1 scoop endurance BCAA plus. This keeps me going the whole workout and through the roof energy but not tweaked out. I have monster pumps and good focus. Often times I train a client then get my workout out in and I feel in the zone my entire workout. This recipe is what I use when recovering from competitions and I have to motivate myself to get those hard and heavy workouts in to get all my size back. I really like that ignite 2 has test boosters, it taste good and mixes well. Volatile is the king of pumps. Agmatine arginine an beta alanine work well along with two more creatines added to te CreaTrona in ignite. It's a hell of a good combo to keep you motivated and give you a good feeling if well being
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
  31. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.15%

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
    Attachment 83839

When I see this at the gym I certainly get motivated.
    true that!
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.09%

There is no supplement to alter your mind to be motivated, it comes naturally... Or unless you smoke some crack
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.09%

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post

true that!
    Oh yes...
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.33%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Nothing wrong with Air Force. Yes your run time is 60 percent of your overall PT score. But Air Force wise make sure your ready for the ASVAB if you haven't take. It, cause we have highest standards.
    PES Representative
  35. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.78%

Motivated behaviors = dopamine = dopadex
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
  36. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.15%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Motivated behaviors = dopamine = deez nutz
  37. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.93%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by PrepNwa23 View Post
    Nothing wrong with Air Force. Yes your run time is 60 percent of your overall PT score. But Air Force wise make sure your ready for the ASVAB if you haven't take. It, cause we have highest standards.
    "If you haven't take. It, cause we have highest standards."????? Lol apparently so Just a little branch *****ry...

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Motivated behaviors = dopamine = dopadex
    Sheesh, coop recommending a supp for behavior modification? What is this world coming to?

OP, many of us here are in the military. That being said, you need to work on fixing these sort of problems in the beginning not immediately rushing to reliance upon supplements. The military is easy man all you have to do is run and you'll be solid.

If you need a motivating factor like jiggzz said look for intrinsic motivation instead of a supplement. Think about why you're joining the military, who you're doing it for, maybe for your future, your kids future, serve the country etc... those are your real motivators not supplements, my man. Strength comes from within. Any questions about anything military related getting you in etc let us know
    ~Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~

AnabolicMinds.com Site Rep
  38. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.56%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Watch POŽn
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.47%

Quote Originally Posted by EBF_2356 View Post
    Watch POŽn
    Phone reps for Zach. Lol great advice!!
  40. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.56%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Phone reps for Zach. Lol great advice!!
    Its Chris lol
    Zach is EBF Inc haha
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 10:06 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 12:10 AM
  3. Is there a supplement that helps before a long run?
    By vinnys025 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 11:38 AM
  4. Is there any PH that works well for women?
    By hamper19 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-20-2002, 04:48 PM