Is there a supplement that get you motivated?

healthychaser

Awards
I want to get in shape for the military but every time i work out i dont feel like im giving it my all i feel like im just too damn weak and i get tired and go home and unmotivated and disappointed is there a supplement that will get me pumped mentaly and make me want to workout? I just want to use it until im stronger and know i can pump iron and run for miles without any supplements. so im basically looking for a starter supplement what should i take? I need a supplement with balls i feel like my testosterone or something is low and i feel wimpy when i workout i am going to go for a run and ill report how i felt when i come back

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
sounds like your diet is more than likely horrible, i would say work out your macros. (Protein, Carbs, Fats) and learn about nutrition first. your going to need carbs! because they are your bodys main energy source, having more will give you better energy. also get some fish oil and a multi as a staple for general health. then a basic protein powder, a creatine mono supp. then once you have diet in check and the basics in check. you can look at a pre workout to use when you need that kick, or boost. dont rely on it all the time though.

Touey

Touey

Awards
Here is the one you may try I was having some time getting motivation much like you but this was having to right back on track

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A good diet will help with energy the most. Once you get diet in check IGNITE2 would be the go to supolement for you. Great energy and pumps along with Aminosterone to bump up the testosterone levels and Crea Trona as well. I get great focus and a thermogenic effect that really gets me sweating in the gym. The price is unbelievable as well here on Nutraplanet.com

Touey

Touey

Awards
One thing also I love about the Enhanced is for the fact it has the Nitrates for outstanding Pumps built right into the blend. Unbelievable are the Pumps with Enhanced

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I want to get in shape for the military but every time i work out i dont feel like im giving it my all i feel like im just too damn weak and i get tired and go home and unmotivated and disappointed is there a supplement that will get me pumped mentaly and make me want to workout? I just want to use it until im stronger and know i can pump iron and run for miles without any supplements. so im basically looking for a starter supplement what should i take? I need a supplement with balls i feel like my testosterone or something is low and i feel wimpy when i workout i am going to go for a run and ill report how i felt when i come back
What you need isn't a supplement, what you need is self respect, will power and determination. No amount of pre-workout is going to make you any less wimpy. You need to lift weights until you can't stand it any more, then wait 5 minutes and do it again. then eat your bodyweight in good, clean food.

There aren't any short cuts to motivation, dude. Stop making excuses and just get your ass in gear. All of us here are willing to help you figure out a routine and root you on as you go, but YOU have to be the one to start

Touey

Touey

Awards
but YOU have to be the one to start
There is much truth here and you have already started in the reality by making first step on asking here now to jumpstart and get a moving on

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Get your diet down and maybe a pre w/o to help with motivation and focus. MAN Game Day is killer, NP has a awesome sale on it right now plus all the other supps that come with it is a bonus!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What you need isn't a supplement, what you need is self respect, will power and determination. No amount of pre-workout is going to make you any less wimpy. You need to lift weights until you can't stand it any more, then wait 5 minutes and do it again. then eat your bodyweight in good, clean food.

There aren't any short cuts to motivation, dude. Stop making excuses and just get your ass in gear. All of us here are willing to help you figure out a routine and root you on as you go, but YOU have to be the one to start
This.

Get over it kid. You need to nut up. Push through it. Disconnect your cable if you feel necessary. Set goals for yourself.

murk01

murk01

Awards

Boom!

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lots of guys giving good advice in here don't beat yourself up. Get your head back in it, cause if you feel defeated then you already lost the battle. Trust me I'm Air Force now and if you feel like you do now going into Basic Training its going to be a rough ride. So best advice is get serious about nutrition, motivate yourself cause no one else can, and stay positive about things. Self defeating attitudes won't cut it.

healthychaser

Awards
Hell yes! I just got back from a 2.6 mile run and stopped periodically on the sidewalk and did pushusps as i was doing them people were honking at me and pulling over to see if i needed help as i did my pushups on a busy street i didn't take any supplements or anything i got my ass up and ran this forum is really motivating i feel great! the only thing that killed it was that on the way home my mom asked me to stop at mcdonalds for a sausage mcmuffin! i ate one too and now i feel guilty after reading these responses about diet just now. i didnt realize i had to diet because im not really that fat . i always thought i can eat anything as long as i work it off so maybe my diet is why im fatigued so easy? Thanx guys now that i know this now im going to read up on diet then ill start with the supplements thanks for the advice :)

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Diet is everything. People AREN'T fat because of their diet

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We didn't say that you should "diet". We said to get your diet under control. First step is to eat real food and not fast food. Look on the Nutrition forums on here for information.

Good start running 2.6 miles and push-ups. Add pull-ups and sit-ups to your routine. In the military PT test these are part of the testing.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell yes! I just got back from a 2.6 mile run and stopped periodically on the sidewalk and did pushusps as i was doing them people were honking at me and pulling over to see if i needed help as i did my pushups on a busy street i didn't take any supplements or anything i got my ass up and ran this forum is really motivating i feel great! the only thing that killed it was that on the way home my mom asked me to stop at mcdonalds for a sausage mcmuffin! i ate one too and now i feel guilty after reading these responses about diet just now. i didnt realize i had to diet because im not really that fat . i always thought i can eat anything as long as i work it off so maybe my diet is why im fatigued so easy? Thanx guys now that i know this now im going to read up on diet then ill start with the supplements thanks for the advice :)
good job with your run/pushups! you earned that egg mcmuffin!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We didn't say that you should "diet". We said to get your diet under control. First step is to eat real food and not fast food. Look on the Nutrition forums on here for information.

Good start running 2.6 miles and push-ups. Add pull-ups and sit-ups to your routine. In the military PT test these are part if the testing.
That depends on service.

Army doesn't test pullups, marines don't test situps.

I would advise strength training coupled with moderate distance running (2-3 miles 2x a week).

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes. It's called a mirror. At least that's what motivates me.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you're not eating 3-4 McGriddles, you've no motivation.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Motivation comes from within, you need to harden up dude...

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Which branch of the military? If it's the Air Force, no need to workout. Other than that, grab your sack, feel that little pair and then get within enlistment standards. Freedom motivates me, PWO just makes sessions more enjoyable.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Lots of guys giving good advice in here don't beat yourself up. Get your head back in it, cause if you feel defeated then you already lost the battle. Trust me I'm Air Force now and if you feel like you do now going into Basic Training its going to be a rough ride. So best advice is get serious about nutrition, motivate yourself cause no one else can, and stay positive about things. Self defeating attitudes won't cut it.
Wham. No product will give you "intrinsic motivation"; sometimes they work to get you ready to hit the gym but if you already walk in with a defeated attitude, then you will never be productive. Focus on developing goals and start small; that way each time you achieve a goal you will likely develop more motivation to conquer the next goal and so on.

Oh, and get your T levels checked if you feel they are low :D

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Loud ****ing music and a heavy dose of man the **** up ;)

Thank you... I was starting to lose faith after reading the first few posts of supplement pushing that was taking place.

This.

Get over it kid. You need to nut up. Push through it. Disconnect your cable if you feel necessary. Set goals for yourself.
Yup yup yup!

Which branch of the military? If it's the Air Force, no need to workout. Other than that, grab your sack, feel that little pair and then get within enlistment standards. Freedom motivates me, PWO just makes sessions more enjoyable.
Baaaahhhhhhahahahaha!!! That's exactly what I was going to say! If you're going air force you sound ready as is lol!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Loud ****ing music and a heavy dose of man the **** up ;)

Thank you... I was starting to lose faith after reading the first few posts of supplement pushing that was taking place.

Yup yup yup!

Baaaahhhhhhahahahaha!!! That's exactly what I was going to say! If you're going air force you sound ready as is lol!
Leave it to the Spaniard to speak truth :)

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
A good diet will help with energy the most. Once you get diet in check IGNITE2 would be the go to supolement for you. Great energy and pumps along with Aminosterone to bump up the testosterone levels and Crea Trona as well. I get great focus and a thermogenic effect that really gets me sweating in the gym. The price is unbelievable as well here on Nutraplanet.com
I ve used ignite 2 and it is a great pre workout product. I have had GREAT success mixing ignite 2 with Formutech Nutritions Volatile

Mix 1 scoop ignite 2 with 1/2 scoop volatile about 20 min pre workout. And then intra I have been doing 1/2 scoop Volatile with 1 scoop endurance BCAA plus. This keeps me going the whole workout and through the roof energy but not tweaked out. I have monster pumps and good focus. Often times I train a client then get my workout out in and I feel in the zone my entire workout. This recipe is what I use when recovering from competitions and I have to motivate myself to get those hard and heavy workouts in to get all my size back. I really like that ignite 2 has test boosters, it taste good and mixes well. Volatile is the king of pumps. Agmatine arginine an beta alanine work well along with two more creatines added to te CreaTrona in ignite. It's a hell of a good combo to keep you motivated and give you a good feeling if well being

yowler99

yowler99

Awards
There is no supplement to alter your mind to be motivated, it comes naturally... Or unless you smoke some crack ;)

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nothing wrong with Air Force. Yes your run time is 60 percent of your overall PT score. But Air Force wise make sure your ready for the ASVAB if you haven't take. It, cause we have highest standards.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nothing wrong with Air Force. Yes your run time is 60 percent of your overall PT score. But Air Force wise make sure your ready for the ASVAB if you haven't take. It, cause we have highest standards.
"If you haven't take. It, cause we have highest standards."????? Lol apparently so ;) Just a little branch *****ry...

Motivated behaviors = dopamine = dopadex :D
Sheesh, coop recommending a supp for behavior modification? What is this world coming to? ;)

OP, many of us here are in the military. That being said, you need to work on fixing these sort of problems in the beginning not immediately rushing to reliance upon supplements. The military is easy man all you have to do is run and you'll be solid.

If you need a motivating factor like jiggzz said look for intrinsic motivation instead of a supplement. Think about why you're joining the military, who you're doing it for, maybe for your future, your kids future, serve the country etc... those are your real motivators not supplements, my man. Strength comes from within. Any questions about anything military related getting you in etc let us know :)

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Watch PO®n

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bet my ASVAB was higher! :wink:

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That sounds like a terrible idea.

Seriously though, mines probably higher.
I am ok taking your word for it. I did very well on mine, considering I was stoned when I took it. No fast classes for this guy