Adrenal support supp.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What would be a good supp for overall adrenal health/support. I'm interested in this bc I feel we may be taxing our adrenals with all the supps, etc we take as a community. So, I'm interest in a quality adrenal support product or proven ingredients to help in this matter.

Thanks guys!

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Best thing to do is take a break from the stims. And there is debate on whether or not Adrenals actually become stressed.

I do see Rhodiola in a number of Adrenal support products. It is a potent adaptagen.

Duywayne

Awards
  • Established
Revamp on Nutraplanet has worked pretty well for me. Its also cheap too ($15!)

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Revamp from NutraPlanet seems to be what I'm looking for. Along with a lil' stim break.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Your adrenal glands are perfectly capable of handling a daily load from stress. If you really think you are catecholamine-depleted (you're not unless you have an autoimmune disorder, but I'll humor this), tyrosine will help.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
No love for ahwagandha?

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Your adrenal glands are perfectly capable of handling a daily load from stress. If you really think you are catecholamine-depleted (you're not unless you have an autoimmune disorder, but I'll humor this), tyrosine will help.
Coop...I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on what causes the symptoms being associated with 'adrenal fatigue' when adrenals can't be fatigued. I ask because I went through a period of intense, prolonged stress that culminated in a whole host of symptoms which when researched coincided entirely with those listed on the more 'credible' adrenal fatigue web-sites. The symptoms manifested I hadn't been on any stims for a few weeks. To recover I needed to eat every 3 hours and stop all training for several months because of the constant fatigue and internal weakness I felt. It still bothers me that I can't understand the physiology of this state.

Thanks mate.

S.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Coop...I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on what causes the symptoms being associated with 'adrenal fatigue' when adrenals can't be fatigued. I ask because I went through a period of intense, prolonged stress that culminated in a whole host of symptoms which when researched coincided entirely with those listed on the more 'credible' adrenal fatigue web-sites. The symptoms manifested I hadn't been on any stims for a few weeks. To recover I needed to eat every 3 hours and stop all training for several months because of the constant fatigue and internal weakness I felt. It still bothers me that I can't understand the physiology of this state.Thanks mate.S.
It's impossible to make a diagnosis over the web, nor am I qualified to do so, but a couple things are getting confused here.

1. Stims work through the adrenal medulla by releasing catecholamines. This is physiologically and anatomically SEPARATE from the adrenal cortex which produces glucocorticoids. So stimulant use/catecholamines (acute) vs cortisol and the PROLONGED stress response are different entities in many respects. Stimulant tolerance is because peripheral stimulant receptors are endocytosed into the cell, not because your adrenal medulla cannot put out adequate catecholamines.

2. Needing to eat every 3 hours is a sign of poor blood glucose control and not necessarily related to any one hormone.

3. This is the most important point: the symptoms you are describing are textbook signs of a ridiculous amount of diseases. For instance, I've undergone such a period before due to megaloblastic anemia. Others have it due to overtraining. Others I know had undiagnosed infections. Others had allergies.

Your doctor really is your best bet here. He has the vital patient history and past diagnostic tests like bloodwork that may help identify the cause of your weakness. Is it possible you have an autoimmune adrenal gland disorder like Addison's? I guess, but given the fact that you "recovered," it's highly highly unlikely.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What would be a good supp for overall adrenal health/support. I'm interested in this bc I feel we may be taxing our adrenals with all the supps, etc we take as a community. So, I'm interest in a quality adrenal support product or proven ingredients to help in this matter.

Thanks guys!
I've actually heard dhea is good for adrenal health..

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
It's impossible to make a diagnosis over the web, nor am I qualified to do so, but a couple things are getting confused here.

1. Stims work through the adrenal medulla by releasing catecholamines. This is physiologically and anatomically SEPARATE from the adrenal cortex which produces glucocorticoids. So stimulant use/catecholamines (acute) vs cortisol and the PROLONGED stress response are different entities in many respects. Stimulant tolerance is because peripheral stimulant receptors are endocytosed into the cell, not because your adrenal medulla cannot put out adequate catecholamines.

2. Needing to eat every 3 hours is a sign of poor blood glucose control and not necessarily related to any one hormone.

3. This is the most important point: the symptoms you are describing are textbook signs of a ridiculous amount of diseases. For instance, I've undergone such a period before due to megaloblastic anemia. Others have it due to overtraining. Others I know had undiagnosed infections. Others had allergies.

Your doctor really is your best bet here. He has the vital patient history and past diagnostic tests like bloodwork that may help identify the cause of your weakness. Is it possible you have an autoimmune adrenal gland disorder like Addison's? I guess, but given the fact that you "recovered," it's highly highly unlikely.
Thanks mate. This beginning to make a little more sense. I went through a prolonged period of fairly intense training whilst on a 100kcal diet whilst also IF;ing sometimes not eating for 19-20 hours. So I agree I don't have an autoimmune problem, but it seems this form of prolonged stress changed my physiology through a combination of overtraining and malnutrition. The aspect I can't understand is why it takes so long to recover from it. I have heard from others that its taken them weeks or months also. I'm fully recovered now.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Subjective symptoms are so vague and impossible to diagnose anything other than a cold. Just my everyday symptoms of life, puts me in the same classification of renal failure, heart failure, cancer, etc. lol