Hyphy Mud. Cost effective alternative?

  1. Hyphy Mud. Cost effective alternative?


    Recently watching? Kali Muscle on YouTube and allegedly his pre-workout happens to be a mixture of coffee grounds and dark soda. What are some thoughts or experiences on this?


  2. Dark soda=Pepsi lol, any caffeinated beverage will do but I def don't recommend it compared to other products. Well everyone has there on quick fix.
    Olympus Labs Forum Rep
    Olympus Labs, turning mere mortals into Demigods!!!
    Visit us at: http://olympus-labs.com/

  3. I personally want to try it with Pepsi Max and 25mg ephedrine.
    •   
       


  4. I think you can benefit from drinking black coffee. I drink about three to four cups per day and it works really well for me. I also take my pre workout thirty minutes before my workout and it really works well as a combo stack. I get a lot of energy from both of these. Not sure about the dark soda that is interesting. I would do my research there has to be some stuff on the internet.

  5. Yea ive known many endurance athletes sip on a coke after their race, anything in moderation is decent. I think he used the dark soda just because thats what was available lol. Penitentiary PreWorkout lol
    Olympus Labs Forum Rep
    Olympus Labs, turning mere mortals into Demigods!!!
    Visit us at: http://olympus-labs.com/

  6. Thanks for the insight I'm going to try it Friday and post results. I tend to not use preworkouts due to their price.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Ginandtonic View Post
    I personally want to try it with Pepsi Max and 25mg ephedrine.
    Gawd. I remember doing an EC stack. I only lasted a week. I can't use that as a preworkout.

  8. Pretty sure it's instant coffee (not grounds) and pepsi. Not that the soda matters.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

  9. Lol , I was wondering when a thread on hyphy mud would pop up. Dude came up with that in prison as a pre workout. Pretty innovative idea for lifting energy in the clink but I wouldn't use it on the outside just like you won't find me makin "cook-up" at home either.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    Lol , I was wondering when a thread on hyphy mud would pop up. Dude came up with that in prison as a pre workout. Pretty innovative idea for lifting energy in the clink but I wouldn't use it on the outside ...
    It is fairly innovative since not a lot of us 30 dollars to cough up for a preworkout. But at the same time it goes against what I was taught health wise.

  11. I wonder what generic creatine with the soda would do?

  12. Buying caffeine tablets is cheaper than making hyphy mud...same effect.

    Quote Originally Posted by PhazzedOut View Post
    I wonder what generic creatine with the soda would do?
    Nothing.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by NomZ View Post
    Buying caffeine tablets is cheaper than making hyphy mud...same effect.
    It would be cheaper but I guess the point of hyphy Mud is also the carbs and sugars it adds for your workout. Juice is expensive.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by PhazzedOut View Post
    It would be cheaper but I guess the point of hyphy Mud is also the carbs and sugars it adds for your workout. Juice is expensive.
    Tablespoon of sugar + tab of caffeine will be way cheaper than instant coffee and soda...
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by PhazzedOut View Post
    I wonder what generic creatine with the soda would do?
    The only purpose the soda had, was that's what was available in prison with caffeine to mix the instant coffee in with.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  16. Why the hell anyone would use this is beyond me.

  17. Use coke zero . I think the fizz helps the body absorb the caffeine faster . It's a decent pick me up.
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"

  18. I'm sure the carbonation helps somewhat paired with the caffein. But other then that it's just kinda funny lmao.

    Bottom line if ya run outta Pre and in a hurry to get your hyphy on. stack some ne? caffe and some coke when your in a bind.
    Otherwise stick with your favorite Pre people.

    Or
    Do what I do and mix cherry lit up with sprite.
    It's the shizzle!!!
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE

  19. It's more a alternative to a hot cup of coffee when it's 100 degrees in the summer. It's bitter as hell but a very cheap alternative to a monster or red bull . As a pre workout I can think of 100 reasons why it would suck.
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"

  20. Quote Originally Posted by roblasane
    It's more a alternative to a hot cup of coffee when it's 100 degrees in the summer. It's bitter as hell but a very cheap alternative to a monster or red bull . As a pre workout I can think of 100 reasons why it would suck.
    Lol I feel you. I'm certainly not giving up my Pre workouts in favor of it. Especially when there are good ones out there for as little 15$.

    I could see being stuck somewhere like a hotel or office and needing a quick Pre and grabbing a coke and an instant coffee pack as an alternative I guess. But honestly even then it's a little silly. I would never let myself become that reliant on a having a Pre in the first place.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE

  21. I did some research and it looks like there are some great benefits to combining dark soda with caf in coffee ground actually. There are some studies that show its great for energy and even focus. Not sure if it would include better pumps but it might you never know. ITs def worth a shot. Let me know if you try it

  22. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    I did some research and it looks like there are some great benefits to combining dark soda with caf in coffee ground actually. There are some studies that show its great for energy and even focus. Not sure if it would include better pumps but it might you never know. ITs def worth a shot. Let me know if you try it
    Was it mostly for endurance athletes? Any link to that study? Not debating it as my professor has told me they have their benefits but he ran marathons.
    Olympus Labs Forum Rep
    Olympus Labs, turning mere mortals into Demigods!!!
    Visit us at: http://olympus-labs.com/

  23. I discussed this with my health instructor. He said the extra dose of caffeine would be a good pick me up but the high fructose corn syrup is not processed well for energy. Not sure if that is true.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by PhazzedOut View Post
    I discussed this with my health instructor. He said the extra dose of caffeine would be a good pick me up but the high fructose corn syrup is not processed well for energy. Not sure if that is true.
    Like I said I wouldn't use it with regular soda . Regular soda has way too much sugar to benefit anything.
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"

  25. Lol. I drank plenty of instant coffee preworkout in jail. Never tried it with soda though

  26. Caffeine pills + Club Soda.

    I just patented that idea.

  27. I did a taste test on this
    youtube
    /brandonaxtreme

    the taste is not horrible, but not something to look forward to.
    it was an option for inmates, the key is caffeine content.
    buy some caffeine pills if you want the same kick for even less money than hyphy mud costs
    Athletic Xtreme Marketing Manager
    Athletic Xtreme at The Planet!
    Email Inquiries: Brandon@AthleticX.net
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. what do I need for a great pct cycle (cost effective)
    By Lockxxheed in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 02:20 AM
  2. Trying to find a Cost Effective WPI
    By TheeBC in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 12:58 AM
  3. Trying to find a Cost Effective WPI
    By TheeBC in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 11:59 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Log in
Log in