Nitrates, what am I doing wrong?

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Been using 1g agmatine and about 10gCM and enjoying a good to great pump each workout. Added Nutriguard Potassium nitrate (2 caps contain 195mg) at 4caps, then tried 6, then tried 8 and all dosed with 500mg of vitamin C. And I don't really notice any change in the pump department. I am very well hydrated and been dosing on an empty stomach 30-60 min before I workout along with my homemade PWO drink (BCAA, creatine, beta alanine, agmatine, CM).

I guess I could bump it to 10-12 caps and still stay within an acceptable limit. But if I am getting little or no result at 8 caps, would this make much of a difference?

What am I missing here?

Thanks all....

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
This is what is referred to as the "Law of Diminishing Returns."You are taking agmatine, a potent vasodilator. That in itself is awesome. Now in addition, you are adding a pretty steep dose of citrulline malate, another vasodilator. I would try the nitrates solo or with agmatine to see how you actually respond from baseline.I would strongly advise against using 10-12 caps of potassium nitrate. Don't ask me why though

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
This is what is referring to as the "Law of Diminishing Returns."You are taking agmatine, a potent vasodilator. That in itself is awesome. Now in addition, you are adding a pretty steep dose of citrulline malate, another vasodilator. I would try the nitrates solo or with agmatine to see how you actually respond from baseline.I would strongly advise against using 10-12 caps of potassium nitrate. Don't ask me why though
Thanks for your response Mr Cooper. At 95mg PN per cap, what dose would you recommend?

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I would suggest using around 5-7 capsules of the supplement. This is an adequate number of usage for this product. I think you should understand the specific properties of this supplement. It really is to be used with caution. But you are stacking it with a good product so you should be fine just try to dose it about half of what you were using before this is a maintenance dose.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just try your nitrates alone!

Mike

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
In conjunction with your stack, I wouldn't exceed 6 caps. Solo, you can try up to 8
I went on this 1-1.5 grams of PN (along with agmatine and CM) dosing based on what other members found was their sweet spot. However, I will work with your recommendations Mr. Cooper. Thanks!

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Isn't there ~150mg of actual nitrates per cap? That's what I wrote down when I was researching it before I started dosing. Maybe I got wrong info.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How long did you take it for? I find that pumps with nitrates are there strongest after 4-5 days of continuous use.

I believe i saw somewhere that it takes 6 days to reach "full plasma nitrate concentration", maybe mistaken.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
How long did you take it for? I find that pumps with nitrates are there strongest after 4-5 days of continuous use.I believe i saw somewhere that it takes 6 days to reach "full plasma nitrate concentration", maybe mistaken.
Nope, you are indeed right

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
How long did you take it for? I find that pumps with nitrates are there strongest after 4-5 days of continuous use.

I believe i saw somewhere that it takes 6 days to reach "full plasma nitrate concentration", maybe mistaken.
You hit it. I only used them a few times and at 4, then 6, then 8 caps (95 mg each) over the course of about a week and one-half.
And only for workouts - which I was unable to get many in during that period.

So, I should try taking it each day?
On an empty stomach is more effective?
And for about without a break?

Thanks!

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Isn't there ~150mg of actual nitrates per cap? That's what I wrote down when I was researching it before I started dosing. Maybe I got wrong info.
Per the bottle, 195mg per 2 caps.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
try taking it everyday for the first 2 weeks, i notice after taking nitrates consistently i can use them 4-5 times per week and still get the same results in terms of pumps.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is what is referred to as the "Law of Diminishing Returns."You are taking agmatine, a potent vasodilator. That in itself is awesome. Now in addition, you are adding a pretty steep dose of citrulline malate, another vasodilator. I would try the nitrates solo or with agmatine to see how you actually respond from baseline.I would strongly advise against using 10-12 caps of potassium nitrate. Don't ask me why though
He might blow up on the way to the gym...

cjwav34

Awards
I would not recommend going over 4 caps (~150mg per cap). ~600mg of nitrate is plenty.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Hey Guys...thanks for all the advice. Just wanted to report back that the nutrigaurd PT is freakin awesome - I did 6 caps a day for about 1.5 weeks (plus about .5 grams of vitamin C) and then 6 caps pre-workout (3 times a week). I am pumped all the time and doing this along with using a GDA a couple of times a day works better than any non steroid test products I have tried (and *****s DAA). I mean in terms of strength, endurance and pumps. What a cheap an awesome alternative.
Intra to post workout - I am adding CM and Agmatine to my BCAA, gatorade blend (instead of having the CM and Agmatine up front).

I am afraid what might happen if I add DAA or ARA or Anabeta (or stack them...holy crap).

How long can you take this stuff at a few times a week at this dosage?
Have you got similar effects?

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I've used quite a few nitrate products and I like iForce's KNO3 Potassium Nitrate