Endurance athletes, a question for you!

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Loggers on this forum and others are really liking Peak Beta+ for endurance work. High dosed COP, LCLT and norvaline

Beta alanine is of course another great option.

Something like Strive (branch chains, electrolytes and peptopro) could benefit an endurance athlete a lot as well.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!

2. Max Pump would be another great option. It's highly regarded for increasing endurance and stamina as well as giving nice pumps. My favorite aspect is the lactic acid buffering effects. Current deal at nutraplanet makes it so the more you but the cheaper they are
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    What's your diet?
    My diet is pretty clean. As I'm still trying to cut weight I'm eating about 10% under maintenance and on long training days I might fall 20% below or so. As I said, its pretty clean minus a beer or two every couple of weekends. I do eat more complex carbs but thats usually after my bi weekly longer rides where I need to replenish. Thanks for all the ideas guys.

4. Quote Originally Posted by scherbs View Post

Perhaps you completely misunderstood my post:
    note: I never said that I actually TAKE said gel during a fasted training session, merely take it along in case it is needed to get home.
    Moreover, at some point (although a different training focus) it is necessary to practice fueling, and I have found the carb blend in Hammer Gels to be conducive to my competitive needs.w
    I do agree with this. It would literally be impossible for me to finish my more intense rides at functional threshold without at least 100 calories in simple carbs with me and maybe another 100 in gatorade. I would bonk after about 30 miles and be shot for the ride home.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    If fat loss is your goal then I would go with HiIT training for sure this gives your body the best workout possible and burns tons of calories. I use it four times per week and get great results. I would suggest starting with 30min sessions and working your way up to 45 min and above.
    Thanks! I already do a version of HIIT where I am riding 3 sets if 90-100% Functional threshold power (Almost like a max power that I can put out for an hour) with 3 minute breaks in between. I've had that incorporated for awhile now. Soon, I'll be changing up my intervals for some more intense, shorter sprints.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by drumm3r9 View Post
    I do agree with this. It would literally be impossible for me to finish my more intense rides at functional threshold without at least 100 calories in simple carbs with me and maybe another 100 in gatorade. I would bonk after about 30 miles and be shot for the ride home.
    generation u can

7. If you want extra endurance pair a good dose of BCAA with Beata Alanine and COP:

i.e. Formutech Endurance:

Name:  Endurance-ingredient-panel-Formutech-Nutrition.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  54.2 KB

prevent muscle catabolism, and buffer lactic acid buildup. nuff said

here's an article about the ingredient profile and what it does for an endurance athlete:

Endurance BCAA Plus: 7 Reasons why this is the BEST BCAA On The Market
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Questions for you.
    By predator124 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 10:20 PM
  2. Bobo, I have a question for you
    By NickW in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 01:25 PM
  3. First Post!!! But not new... Questions for You?
    By GimmePump in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 12:37 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-30-2003, 09:26 PM