Beef, Egg, Whey...which 1? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Beef, Egg, Whey...which 1?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member

Eggs are the most bioavailable protein source and has the highest leucine content besides elk or moose meat. That being said at least with me eggs will mess with my stomach if I eat them to often.

Red meat and whey are also great quality protein sources, especially if you are getting your whey from foods such as cottage cheese.

Usually in my opinion it's best to mix protein sources and combine different ones each meal because each protein source has different benefits that come with them.

2. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

I don't think anybody is questioning the quality of egg protein but its bioavailibility in raw form. According to the article Coop posted its best to cook your eggs rather than having it in any other form.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

I use Isotean. Used it for my bulk but mostly for my cutting stage of my prep. It's lean and if I need extra carbs I blend it with some old fashion oats.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I used to use iForce Red Velvet Protean daily until they released Isotean. Now I use them interchangeably depending on my goals!
    Myokem Rep 15% Off @ Myokem.com use code dkgreene15
    NITRAMINE-Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINEHigh Performance Thermogenic Agent |MAGNITROPIN-High Performance Myotropic Agent |ALPHADEX-High Performance Hormone Modulator
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The reps that are pushing their products in every thread is getting ridiculous.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hardwork25 View Post
    agreed ^

At a minimum they should have at least described the type (egg, beef, whey, iso, ect...) of protein in their product to make it relavent to this threads discussion.
  7. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by veaderko View Post
    Protean Vanilla Cupcake Batter lately just so I can add Muscle Egg to it easily and get a milk shake flavor.

Otherwise Chocolate Truffle for ice cream or Strawberry.
    Quote Originally Posted by laneanders View Post
    I tend to go with whey for powder, and my personal favorites are iForce Protean or Isotean and XF UP.
    Quote Originally Posted by LivingStrongE View Post
    I use Isotean. Used it for my bulk but mostly for my cutting stage of my prep. It's lean and if I need extra carbs I blend it with some old fashion oats.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkgreene88 View Post
    I used to use iForce Red Velvet Protean daily until they released Isotean. Now I use them interchangeably depending on my goals!
    They sure do put on some hardwork
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    This is what we call advertising. This, conversely, is real data:

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/128/10/1716.full
    The write-up is a little beyond me. Can we determine from the study the amount raw egg protein that is absorbed - as a percentage? For example, if I add 1/2 cup of egg whites to a shake, I think I'm getting 10gm of protein. What is actually being absorbed?
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysiii View Post
    The write-up is a little beyond me. Can we determine from the study the amount raw egg protein that is absorbed - as a percentage? For example, if I add 1/2 cup of egg whites to a shake, I think I'm getting 10gm of protein. What is actually being absorbed?
    I've read studies that suggest approximately 50% decrease in bioavailability of uncooked egg protein. Not sure the exact percentage but I've seen at least two that suggest somewhere in that range.

Edit: That's actually one of them I read it says "In this study, it was shown that after ingestion of 25 g of raw egg protein, almost 50% is malabsorbed over 24 h."

I used to drink eggs also as they are readily available and require no time at all to ingest in raw form. After discovering the loss of bio-availability (think it was Mr. Cooper 2 years ago on bb that told me about it) not to mention the risk of salmonella, I stopped drinking them.

Another Edit: "The study showed that egg protein is more digestible (94% versus 55-64%) when heated, probably due to alteration of the protein’s structure and the ability of digestive enzymes to infiltrate peptide bonds."
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysiii View Post
    To be clear, the pasteurization changes the bioavailability of the raw egg white? Sounds like good news to me.
    from my reading i did before i started using the liquid egg whites, yes, if done correctly the egg whites become just as bioavailable as cooked eggs....it's just easier to post straight from their site as it was months ago i researched the information and found what the site states is correct

no offense coop, i was at work, i don't have time to read 10 pages of it...plus i did my own reading as i too was leary of drinking egg whites...as i can't eat eggs everyday, they make me sick

The human body cannot completely and safely digest a raw egg white. So, if you like to do the "Rocky Routine" with a raw egg or raw egg white in your drink, you are wasting your time, not to mention the threat of Salmonella. Avidin, which is found in raw egg whites, blocks the uptake of Vitamin B6 (Biotin) causing a vitamin deficiency. You must cook the egg white to neutralize the Avidin and allow your body to safely digest the protein and utilize all its Amino acids. Unfortunately, cooking also starts to destory the protein.

Our 100% pure liquid egg whites from Egg Whites International are heat pasteurized and salmonella tested. The pasteurization process heats the egg white to 134 degrees for 3 minutes. This heat kills the salmonella and neutralizes the Avidin to allow the egg whites to be digested safely by the human body. When you cook an egg white to the point of scrambled eggs, you are overcooking the protein and denaturing the true value of the protein. Therefore, 100% Pure Liquid Egg Whites are liquid but not raw, making them the purest form of protein In The Entire World! They will stay good in your refrigerator for 90 to 120 days and can be safely kept frozen indefinitely.

i could care less if ppl use them or not.....but 1 scoop of Protean and 3/4 cup of egg whites, some coconut oil and you got yourself a pretty nice shake
  11. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

One question I eat many eggs for lunch and always they are the organic eggs there is a big taste difference let me say and also I will at the least go with free-range bird, eggs, turkey. Are the eggs you have organic or at least free range from chickens?
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    1 scoop of Protean and 3/4 cup of egg whites, some coconut oil and you got yourself a pretty nice shake
    How do you keep the coconut oil liquid ?

I've used a microwave and hot water to liquify the solid coconut oil but it "clumps" when mixed in a cold shake so I tend to just eat 1 TBS
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by scoooter View Post
    How do you keep the coconut oil liquid ?

I've used a microwave and hot water to liquify the solid coconut oil but it "clumps" when mixed in a cold shake so I tend to just eat 1 TBS
    i microwave it then pour it in the shake....with a blender ball it never clumps too much, alittle but it doesn't bother me.....i have/had a galloon container so i keep it on my table and in the summer it stayed liquid the whole time
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.

From this link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15222546

It appears that the typical commercial pasteurization process includes changing the pH and heating the egg whites. I would suspect this level of processing would get us a little closer to cooked in terms of bioavailablity.

I guess without a study specifically on pasteurized egg whites we'll not know for sure.
  15. New Member

So then why not get rid of them, I know the companies pay money and all to advertise but it seems they do more harm then good.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Website to connect with local farmers for beef/eggs/etc
    By Torobestia in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-15-2012, 11:35 PM
  2. Which is better, Whey or Casein?
    By Nelson in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 07:09 PM
  3. Before bed: Casein only or a mix of Whey/Casein/Egg
    By Gaf Knee in forum Weight Loss