Staples for girls?

  1. Registered User
    bmoore's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  166 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    21
    Posts
    58
    Answers
    0

    Staples for girls?


    My gf is getting into working out again, so she was wondering what all she should take as staples? Or is it no different for girls and guys?

  2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,145
    Answers
    1


    There's no difference for staples outside of maybe creatine.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Registered User
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,389
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    There's no difference for staples outside of maybe creatine.
    No anti estrogens either I believe.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
    •   
       

  4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,145
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    No anti estrogens either I believe.
    I wouldn't consider those a staple supplement as they're not designed to be used year-round.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Registered User
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,389
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

    I wouldn't consider those a staple supplement as they're not designed to be used year-round.
    I know haha but if you make a supplement you know someone somewhere is gonna use it year round.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,560
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    I know haha but if you make a supplement you know someone somewhere is gonna use it year round.
    hey, dont make fun of me!


    OP, protein, fish oil, multi vitamine, BCAAs...etc. even a pre workout without creatine (although i do not suggest taking one everyday so it may not be considered a staple). White Flood is good.

    some other supplements she can take include RK and Green Tea
  7. Registered User
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,389
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post

    hey, dont make fun of me!

    OP, protein, fish oil, multi vitamine, BCAAs...etc. even a pre workout without creatine (although i do not suggest taking one everyday so it may not be considered a staple). White Flood is good.

    some other supplements she can take is RK, Green Tea
    Agmatine,cop,alcar,fish oil,beta alinine,citruline malate. Gah don't make fun of me either!
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  8. Registered User
    Rhadam's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,589
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
    My gf is getting into working out again, so she was wondering what all she should take as staples? Or is it no different for girls and guys?
    Not really. Get her a basic bulk creatine, SNS makes bulk mono. Fish oil if she's deficient, most western diets are. Otherwise you're probably good.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  9. Registered User
    Epolis13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  143 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    268
    Answers
    0


    Fish oil, MVI, creatine, protein powderiForce Fish Oil now has peppermint extract so you don't burp up fish anymore. And you don't burp up MINTY fish, either. Just mint. It's a nice touch for those who don't love the taste of salmon at 10 AM
    iForce Nutrition Representative - iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
  10. Registered User
    bmoore's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  166 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    21
    Posts
    58
    Answers
    0


    Cool, thanks for the replies! And sorry it took me so long ha
  11. Registered User
    Powercage's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    617
    Answers
    0


    same as staples for guys
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com
    FREE Samples: www.controlledlabs.com/freesamplerpack2.php
  12. Registered User
    classic34's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,390
    Answers
    0


    EDIT - Unreadable wall of text, see next post.
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

    usplabsdirect.com
  13. Registered User
    classic34's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,390
    Answers
    0


    ^Readable version below. Silly AM always ruins posts when I try to edit them.

    Slightly late to this thread but I do have a couple of things to add:


    Anti-Estrogens - OTC anti-estrogens are generally aromatase inhibitors, so they'll reduce estrogen in post-menopausal women, but in pre-menopausal women that's not always the case. Generally, aromatase inhibitors don't do much for premenopausal women.


    Other Hormonal Manipulators - Just don't bother. Most do not produce the same effect in women vs. men. DAA for example is more likely to alter T:E in favor of E than anything else.


    Creatine - I don't see any reason why creatine use should differ between the sexes, save for maybe the amount used simply due to having more or less lean mass. Most women can probably get away with using less than men, but creatine is cheap so it really isn't important.


    Everything Else - Fair game!
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

    usplabsdirect.com
  14. Registered User
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,638
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by classic34 View Post
    ^Readable version below. Silly AM always ruins posts when I try to edit them.

    Slightly late to this thread but I do have a couple of things to add:


    Anti-Estrogens - OTC anti-estrogens are generally aromatase inhibitors, so they'll reduce estrogen in post-menopausal women, but in pre-menopausal women that's not always the case. Generally, aromatase inhibitors don't do much for premenopausal women.


    Other Hormonal Manipulators - Just don't bother. Most do not produce the same effect in women vs. men. DAA for example is more likely to alter T:E in favor of E than anything else.


    Creatine - I don't see any reason why creatine use should differ between the sexes, save for maybe the amount used simply due to having more or less lean mass. Most women can probably get away with using less than men, but creatine is cheap so it really isn't important.


    Everything Else - Fair game!
    good post...

    btw-if you leave page then come back before editing it works pretty well!!!
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  15. Registered User
    classic34's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,390
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    good post...btw-if you leave page then come back before editing it works pretty well!!!
    Thanks for the tip! I'll try that next time.
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

    usplabsdirect.com
  16. Registered User
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,638
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by classic34 View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I'll try that next time.
    took me a minute to figure that out too, lol...


    anytime!!!
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  17. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,458
    Answers
    8


    There is a slight difference as far as multivitamins go. You don't necessarily need to avoid iron. Folic acid while pregnant. Calcium even pre-menopausally may be beneficial.

    Stay off cortisol control aids when dealing with birth control and pregnancy
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  18. Registered User
    bmoore's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  166 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    21
    Posts
    58
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    There is a slight difference as far as multivitamins go. You don't necessarily need to avoid iron. Folic acid while pregnant. Calcium even pre-menopausally may be beneficial.

    Stay off cortisol control aids when dealing with birth control and pregnancy
    Thankfully I won't need to worry about the pregnancy or pre menopausal stuff quite yet ha
  19. Registered User
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,191
    Answers
    0


    Hopefully she is not a low-iron, severely low iron candidate as most women seem to be. If she is then she will have to be careful to select her pre-workouts and/or antioxidants. My wife can't consume green tea; it actually makes her feel so bad. Me, green tea makes me feel excellent.
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---
  20. Registered User
    02sixxer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,654
    Answers
    0


    Multi Vitamin- Fit for Women
    a protein powder she likes. My wife likes Dymatize and now USP Labs Oxy Protein
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Fursultiamine request:staple for stim users
    By Colin in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 04:25 PM
  2. Fursultiamine request:staple for stim users
    By Colin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 05:37 PM
  3. ZMK is now a staple for me
    By EasyEJL in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 08:48 AM
  4. T3 for girls
    By Kitchen Chemist in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 04:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in