What's everyone doing/taking for liver health

bigadam73

bigadam73

Awards
We all know its important to keep our vital organs healthy..especially with the use of sports supps playing a role in our diet.
I had bloods taken a year ago and when I got the results it showed I had high bilirubin levels along with signs and symptoms of hemochromatosis.
After a few month off of supps and natural liver "cleansing" my levels dropped and I was told I was perfectly healthy

What I did the and continue to do today

-Lemon water. All day every day. I would squeeze fresh lemon juice in all my daily water. I read that lemon juice helps cleanse the liver of toxins
- beet powder. Like lemon juice, beet powder has been shown to pull toxins form the body. Not to mention is has a awesome nitric oxide effect
-liv 52. Two servings a day
-milk thistle. One to two servings a day

Does anybody do anything different or new? I'd love to know

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
NAC is a great addition to milk thistle. Great for liver health

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Liver Assist XT, designed just for that purpose. Contains NAC and milk thistle so it well worth a look.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
No problem. :D

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Beets and lemons are great additions to your diet for the mild liver detox effect they provide. As far as supps go I like to use:

N2Guard- for overall liver protection especially liver.
Liver Armor is also a good one to look into.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Beets and lemons are great additions to your diet for the mild liver detox effect they provide. As far as supps go I like to use:

N2Guard- for overall liver protection especially liver.
Liver Armor is also a good one to look into.
*Correction* N2Guard for overall *organ protection especially the liver.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds promising. Anybody use AI cycle support? How's the flavor?
Orange suks!!
But it has a lot of goodies inside and it is on sale right now for $19 something a tub, like 72 servings in there. Can't bet that price

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Great product, but get the peanut butter flavor if you can. The flavorings are pretty rough though. I stick with CEL cycle Assist.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like CEL Cycle Support as it has a few benefits outside liver support. It's a fantastic overall health aid. I use 1-2 servings daily, year-round.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Liv52 is a solid product. That would be on the top of my list when looking for liver support/detox.

Something with a good amount of NAC would be next.

bigadam73

bigadam73

Awards
Liv52 is a solid product. That would be on the top of my list when looking for liver support/detox.

Something with a good amount of NAC would be next.
Liv 52 has been my staple for years.

Try some beet powder. It's really amazing. Besides the health benefits it gives a amazing pump.

bigadam73

bigadam73

Awards
I order online. Just google beet powder. I also buy it from a store called sprouts. It's a organic heathy food market

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
CEL Cycle Assist without a doubt!

bigadam73

bigadam73

Awards
I've used ironlabs protect before, check it out. Great profile for a really good price

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cycle Assist and/or Liver Assist XT, good to go.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
tudca

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Liver Assist XT, designed just for that purpose. Contains NAC and milk thistle so it well worth a look.
Rotate between this and cycle assist. Also taking liposomal glutathione

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Na-RALA is a decent staple for me, especially since it is finally coming down in price. I like NAC as well.Liv52 used to be a favorite, but it seems they changed or diluted the formula...ie, used to be dense tablets and is now caps.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Na-RALA is a decent staple for me, especially since it is finally coming down in price. I like NAC as well.Liv52 used to be a favorite, but it seems they changed or diluted the formula...ie, used to be dense tablets and is now caps.
Gotta get the DS green tops imported from India. The orange tops are what you described

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I was hoping the originals were still around. They seem way more potent and make my skin clear within a few weeks.

Just checked online...I can't believe how cheap the DS version is.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Thanks, I was hoping the originals were still around. They seem way more potent and make my skin clear within a few weeks.

Just checked online...I can't believe how cheap the DS version is.
Like pennies and a couple bucks to ship. Takes like 2-3 weeks though so just fyi. Yeah, it's the good stuff

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
geez, am i the only fan of tudca? this stuff really works...

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I keep meaning to pick some of that up..otherwise, liver assist XT and CA for me...
It must be expensive to source because it's either a) expensive to me or b) out of stock c) not available for me to buy in bulk powder

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I keep meaning to pick some of that up..otherwise, liver assist XT and CA for me...
i was taken off test cyp because of high liver values....after 2 months of tudca my values were back in range enough that my doc was willing to let me try androderm. i have continued to use tudca and my liver values have been within range ever since.....my doc was and is amazed by how much my liver values have improved!!!

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Liv52 is the best product on the market. I have used this for almost three years and it has worked really well so far. I got my blood work back and it was right on track thanks to my liver enzymes being normal. This is the product I would say for you. I would stack this with the milk thistle as well these two products work hand in hand.

bigadam73

bigadam73

Awards
Liv52 is the best product on the market. I have used this for almost three years and it has worked really well so far. I got my blood work back and it was right on track thanks to my liver enzymes being normal. This is the product I would say for you. I would stack this with the milk thistle as well these two products work hand in hand.
Love it. And if you know where to look you can find it very cheap

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
AI cycle support is good for on cycle. But specifically liver oriented

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
AI cycle support is awesome for a total on cycle product. And it's on sale now, I had to pick up a few. I like it off cycle at one scoop a day for general health. For just the liver, I don't have bloodwork but TUDCA made me feel better on cycle. Hard to explain. If u buy liv.52 DS in bulk u can sometimes find really cheap prices. Shipping is slow tho.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AI cycle support is awesome for a total on cycle product. And it's on sale now, I had to pick up a few. I like it off cycle at one scoop a day for general health. For just the liver, I don't have bloodwork but TUDCA made me feel better on cycle. Hard to explain. If u buy liv.52 DS in bulk u can sometimes find really cheap prices. Shipping is slow tho.
TUDCA is great stuff for on cycle support for liver. I've seen a few people's bloodwork while they used it to prove its effectiveness to me. Hard to get your hands on it at times but worth it in my opinion.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Disgusting, ruins a shake. I do have a couple friends that just dump the powder in their mouth and wash it down. As for me, I think the powder just ruins foods an when your showing or cutting your limited on what you eat so why ruin a meal if you don't have too. But it does have a good profile.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
geez, am i the only fan of tudca? this stuff really works...
I ve used Tudca, but my bloods were no different then on liver care, milk thistle, red yeast rice and cranberry

Blood were near identical 6 months a part and te only difference in sups were the liver health and blood pressure. I dropped red yeast rice which I didn't really need I have low bp, used Tudca instead of milk thistle and liver care. The Tudca is costly vs the liver care and milk thistle. I believe I got 180 doses of Hymilaya Liver Care for less ten 20 and milk thistle for 10

bigadam73

bigadam73

Awards
Is is possible to take too much liver support? Any negative sides from over doing it/mixing multiple support supps?

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I ve used Tudca, but my bloods were no different then on liver care, milk thistle, red yeast rice and cranberry

Blood were near identical 6 months a part and te only difference in sups were the liver health and blood pressure. I dropped red yeast rice which I didn't really need I have low bp, used Tudca instead of milk thistle and liver care. The Tudca is costly vs the liver care and milk thistle. I believe I got 180 doses of Hymilaya Liver Care for less ten 20 and milk thistle for 10
i am a recovering alcoholic, my liver values have been borderline for many years. i have been using puritans pride liv-a new at 4 caps daily for over 6 years now[milk thistle 100mg stadardized to contain 80% silymarin, 80mg]so that is 400mg milk thistle daily, plus tmg 175mg...nac 100mg...ala 75mg-per cap. my liver values went thru the roof even while taking this...2 months on tudca and my values were back to an acceptable level. i have been on tudca ever since and liver values have only decreased slightly, but more importantly have not gone up.

you talk about cost...how much is your liver worth to you???? mine is worth more than the cost of tudca, bet on it!!!!

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
i am a recovering alcoholic, my liver values have been borderline for many years. i have been using puritans pride liv-a new at 4 caps daily for over 6 years now[milk thistle 100mg stadardized to contain 80% silymarin, 80mg]so that is 400mg milk thistle daily, plus tmg 175mg...nac 100mg...ala 75mg. my liver values went thru the roof even while taking this...2 months on tudca and my values were back to an acceptable level. i have been on tudca ever since and liver values have only decreased slightly, but more importantly have not gone up.

you talk about cost...how much is your liver worth to you???? mine is worth more than the cost of tudca, bet on it!!!!
I think lots of guys don't understand how important this is and take their liver for granted

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think lots of guys don't understand how important this is and take their liver for granted
indeed...until they have problems!!!

a few bucks should not be the determining factor in choosing the best liver protector. i am a true believer in tudca....take it for what it's worth.

bigadam73

bigadam73

Awards
I started really focusing on liver health after my bloods came back with signs of hemochromatosis. My iron level was largely elevated along with liver enzyme levels

I went through multiple liver tests to see of my liver damaged. Liver biopsy, MRI, ultrasound, lots of blood work.
After 2 months of "cleansing" my levels finally went back to normal.
At the time is was taking multiple supps along with alcohol here and there.
Now I watch what I take, regular blood and rarely drink. Levels have stayed normal and I intend to keep them that way