If you had to cut out one from your supplement budget?

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Hello Everyone:

Hope I'm posting this in the right place but my question is this . . due to some financial issue (aka my wedding) I'm trying to cut down on my supplements a bit.

Now before someone chimes in with hows your diet its great I eat super lean with a 45/35/20 ratio split (c/p/f) . . ok now where was I? lol

So I thinking of cutting out something and not sure what to cut. I currently take BCAA's during and post workout and a multivitamin. I take others but I don't want to cut them such as my protein and creatine.

So my question is would it be better to cut out the multivitamin or one serving of the BCAA's after workout leaving the one during?

Any feelings on this?

Thanks to all who respond

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Hello Everyone:

Hope I'm posting this in the right place but my question is this . . due to some financial issue (aka my wedding) I'm trying to cut down on my supplements a bit.

Now before someone chimes in with hows your diet its great I eat super lean with a 45/35/20 ratio split (c/p/f) . . ok now where was I? lol

So I thinking of cutting out something and not sure what to cut. I currently take BCAA's during and post workout and a multivitamin. I take others but I don't want to cut them such as my protein and creatine.

So my question is would it be better to cut out the multivitamin or one serving of the BCAA's after workout leaving the one during?

Any feelings on this?

Thanks to all who respond
If your already using whey post workout then you can definitely cut the BCAA's post workout. You don't really need them intra workout either unless your fasted during your workouts or your doing some really high intensity training.

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
If your already using whey post workout then you can definitely cut the BCAA's post workout. You don't really need them intra workout either unless your fasted during your workouts or your doing some really high intensity training.

Hello and TY for responding . . . I thought about this as well for the BCAA's but since I started using them I find that I have more energy during so even if its a placebo I have notice an increase in energy and overall output so maybe for now I'll just cut the post's out like I have been doing. And like I said YES I look forward to my super shake right after training it has all sorts of goodies blended into it with protein then right after that its usually chicken and rice and veggies for lunch about 30 minutes after shake so I think I"m good in that department.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
protein powder

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Hello and TY for responding . . . I thought about this as well for the BCAA's but since I started using them I find that I have more energy during so even if its a placebo I have notice an increase in energy and overall output so maybe for now I'll just cut the post's out like I have been doing. And like I said YES I look forward to my super shake right after training it has all sorts of goodies blended into it with protein then right after that its usually chicken and rice and veggies for lunch about 30 minutes after shake so I think I"m good in that department.
I use BCAA's intra workout as well and I do notice they help but usually I workout at 8pm, with the last time I ate being 12pm. If you are eating 2 or 3 hours pre workout you should be good to go. All depends on your training though as well, if you are doing cardio and strength training in the same session then I can see where the BCAA's are going to make a difference.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
If i had to cut something out of those it would be BCAA, but thats a small savings.

I would just use in moderation all supplements that way they last longer and you have a savings.Such as Whey mabe use 3/4 scoop instead of a whole. Same with BCAA's that way you are getting some benifit but its lasting longer. If youeat really good you wont notic a huge difference.

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
I use BCAA's intra workout as well and I do notice they help but usually I workout at 8pm, with the last time I ate being 12pm. If you are eating 2 or 3 hours pre workout you should be good to go. All depends on your training though as well, if you are doing cardio and strength training in the same session then I can see where the BCAA's are going to make a difference.
Well I work till 3 AM so my last snack/meal is around 12:30 then I wake up at 10:30 and hit the gym by noon with my blended breakfast as solid foods first thing in the morning seem to kill my gut lol so YUP the BCAA intra really help boost my energy along with my coffee of course.

And as for cutting my protein powder . . . hmmmm that would be slightly more difficult as I only add that to my pre and post shakes and one right before bed so not sure on that one but all input and suggestions are welcome so thank you. . again all meals and snacks are either with chicken or fish of some sort and the powder just fills in the gaps . . thus its name supplement. Unlike some who use the powder as a staple in there diet for protein intake.

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
If i had to cut something out of those it would be BCAA, but thats a small savings.

I would just use in moderation all supplements that way they last longer and you have a savings.Such as Whey mabe use 3/4 scoop instead of a whole. Same with BCAA's that way you are getting some benifit but its lasting longer. If youeat really good you wont notic a huge difference.

Yeah I tossed that idea around as well . . then again I could just call off the wedding and save a bundle hahahahahah God help me if she sees this post lol

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I tossed that idea around as well . . then again I could just call off the wedding and save a bundle hahahahahah
This is the correct answer :p most women are supplement nazis

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Ok note to self. Don't drink protein shake while reading funny posts lol

However, in her defense she is very supportive and understand and never bothers me about that but I'm sure it will change after hahaha.

But supplement nazis was just to funny!!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is the correct answer :p most women are supplement nazis
It's so true! It's funny for me cause before we were married she'd see my stuff coming in every month and not say anything. Now that we share a bank account it's always "Why do you need more protein?" Prolly cause I'm out of it!

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Lol!!! I get wow your going to take all that stuff? Im like yes dear because it makes my pee change colors like a Christmas tree

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
My wife is awesome, doesnt care how much I spend and tells me when she sees things I use go on special. I have a stash that is huge of stuff I pick up or trade and she never says anything when I buy something else and dont use what I have first.

But then again she gets my BODY in return;)

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Yeah it makes it all worth the time and money when they are happy does't it. . . Also keeps them in track as well, as they see others checking us out and think gosh if I let myself go I'll lose what I have, and they head back to the gym and/or make better food choices. . . mind you my little girl is the quickest to tell me during a bulking cycle that my gut just popped out so I have to always eat lean . . . lol