L-Tyrosine & Catecholamines

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I purchased bulk ingredients for my custom pre-workout stack. I've been advised to add L-Tyrosine to it. I've read that it mostly helps with catecholamine release. I haven't really been able to get any sort of adrenaline rush from having heavy weight on my back like I used to. I was wondering if anyone can attest to its effectiveness in facilitating NE, E production.. And also of any other amino-acids that may help with this..

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I don't know the "since" behind it but I like to add a Gram or so to my pre workout mix for an increase in focus!

domore

Awards
The rate limiting step in catecholamine formation is based on the conversion of tyrosine to L-Dopa. The extra supplementation of tyrosine may (emphasis on "may") be pointless.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dont knock it till you try it.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One of my favorite combos is tyrosine and EC

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
The rate limiting step in catecholamine formation is based on the conversion of tyrosine to L-Dopa. The extra supplementation of tyrosine may (emphasis on "may") be pointless.
Since Phenylalanine precurses Tyrosine, wouldn't it be logical to supplement that before Tyrosine? Would the PA convert to Tyrosine if theres a deficiency of Tyrosine?

domore

Awards
Since Phenylalanine precurses Tyrosine, wouldn't it be logical to supplement that before Tyrosine? Would the PA convert to Tyrosine if theres a deficiency of Tyrosine?
"If Phe is as good a substrate for TH as is Tyr, has a Km for the enzyme that is in the range of that for Tyr (29) and also in the range of Phe concentrations found in vivo, and shows no substrate inhibition, then raising Phe concentrations in vivo in the brain might stimulate DOPA synthesis in a manner similar to that seen in response to raising Tyr concentrations (10)."

I pulled this from a study. I don't have a formal background in biology/medicine/etc., so hopefully Coop will chime in when he gets a chance.

I think using L-Dopa would be more beneficial than tyrosine or phenylalanine.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
"If Phe is as good a substrate for TH as is Tyr, has a Km for the enzyme that is in the range of that for Tyr (29) and also in the range of Phe concentrations found in vivo, and shows no substrate inhibition, then raising Phe concentrations in vivo in the brain might stimulate DOPA synthesis in a manner similar to that seen in response to raising Tyr concentrations (10)."

I pulled this from a study. I don't have a formal background in biology/medicine/etc., so hopefully Coop will chime in when he gets a chance.

I think using L-Dopa would be more beneficial than tyrosine or phenylalanine.
I msg'ed him but he's always got a lot on his plate..

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
For sure. That's med school for you, haha.
I'm finishing up undergrad.. If I had the $ I'd go.. Med School costs a pretty penny.. But he knows his stuff so I'm sure he'll be able to find work to earn all that back + some

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
So I figured I would update the thread and say that I went with the L-Tyrosine. You cant beat 100+ grams for 10 bucks..

BlackWinging

Awards
So I figured I would update the thread and say that I went with the L-Tyrosine. You cant beat 100+ grams for 10 bucks..
No reason not to add tyrosine, except for potential downregulation of dopamine receptors from habitual usage. The tyrosine should help with norephedrine/noradrenaline release, but I wouldn't say it'd be too much. 2+ grams 2-3 days apart should be good for preworkout, though I'd suggest ephedrine over it.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
No reason not to add tyrosine, except for potential downregulation of dopamine receptors from habitual usage. The tyrosine should help with norephedrine/noradrenaline release, but I wouldn't say it'd be too much. 2+ grams 2-3 days apart should be good for preworkout, though I'd suggest ephedrine over it.
So invest in some bronkaid?

BlackWinging

Awards
So invest in some bronkaid?
Bronkaid or purchase from a canadian site yeah. I've been doing 24mg of ephedrine with 400mg caffeine for the last month or so and the energy is amazing.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Bronkaid or purchase from a canadian site yeah. I've been doing 24mg of ephedrine with 400mg caffeine for the last month or so and the energy is amazing.
Would it negate the vaso-dilating effects of nitrates?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
look you guys can sit there and say its gonna do this and that but its srsly a waste of time-just try it if it works fine if it doesnt then fine

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Would it negate the vaso-dilating effects of nitrates?
No.

look you guys can sit there and say its gonna do this and that but its srsly a waste of time-just try it if it works fine if it doesnt then fine
At first, I'm like all right
You wanna throw me out? That's fine!
But not for him to take my place, are you out you're mind?
This couch, this TV, this whole house is mine!

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
No.

At first, I'm like all right
You wanna throw me out? That's fine!
But not for him to take my place, are you out you're mind?
This couch, this TV, this whole house is mine!

Way ahead of you (as far as this scenario is concerned). But I like to get opinions and do research ad-nauseum before I shell out money on new supplements. Theres a lot of good stuff out there, but on the same token, there's a lot of useless crap out there too

BlackWinging

Awards
But...this is the science section...I thought this is where everyone speculates on everything.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Reasonable statements. And yes, the tolerance is unfortunate in my experience.

But i wouldn't compare tyrosine to ephedrine. Subjectively, tyrosine gives me decent focus/awake/alert feeling. I don't use it like an ephedrine stim

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Reasonable statements. And yes, the tolerance is unfortunate in my experience. But i wouldn't compare tyrosine to ephedrine. Subjectively, tyrosine gives me decent focus/awake/alert feeling. I don't use it like an ephedrine stim
Indeed, tyrosine is not a stimulant.