OxyElite Protein - Both Flavors Reviewed

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

So after finally getting to try both flavors in a variety of ways (shake, cereal, oats, ice cream), I think I finally have a good enough handle on the protein to give it a full review.

OxyElite Protein

Who would have thought the "profile" would be a relevant criterion in the protein powder category. Well, with the recent padding of numbers due to rising costs of whey, this may actually be the most important category these days. And to be honest, the first protein source to show up on the ingredient list is pretty much the best in existence: milk protein isolate. I wish more companies would make MPI-based proteins, but alas, it ultimately drives up the cost of the product. In addition to the MPI, there is also WPC and Micellar Casein, both of which are fine protein sources. USP labs claims to use WPC 80, and the macros of the protein powder seem to support this. I'm impartial to the fiber and lipid complex, but one addition that I really like is lactase. It's clever, and you don't see it very often. Whether there's enough to ameliorate GI issues in lactose-intolerant individuals is yet to be determined.

Lastly, no added amino acids.

I really can't imagine a better profile as far as a strict protein powder is concerned. I guess some people may not want the lipid complex, but it's fine in my eyes.

9.75/10

Texture and Mixability

For those who care, the texture is predictably thick as evidenced by MPI being first on the ingredient list, but it's not that thick. For comparison, it's a little thinner than trutein and the powder is very fine. As a result of the small particles, it mixes very well for an MPI-based product. I had a previous experience with a pure MPI product, and the mixability was so bad that the product was essentially unusable. So props to USP for "micronizing" the powder to this end.

9.5/10

Taste:

Vanilla

The vanilla was awesome for a vanilla flavor. I've had some great vanillas in the past, with my top ones being XF UP French Vanilla, Trutein Vanilla, ProNom Vanilla, and Phase 8 vanilla. This one is right up there with all of those, and if I had to rank it, it would be my second favorite behind XF UP French Vanilla. Now, as far as taste comparisons go, it's a creamier and thicker version of the Phase 8 vanilla with a slight hint of french vanillaness. It actually reminded me a lot of an ice cream, which after further thought turned out to be:

It's really, really good. I'm not gonna lie, I'm skeptical of every vanilla flavor and I was definitely skeptical of this one, but it delivered. Since I'm not a terribly huge vanilla guy to begin with, this gets a

9/10

Chocolate

Unlike my initial doubt towards the vanilla flavor, I'd been assured from multiple protein connoisseurs that the chocolate flavor was OnPoint. And they couldn't have been more right. My favorite chocolate flavors of all time are XF UP Triple Chocolate, ProNom Chocolate, iForce Chocolate Truffle, and the untouchable Vasolate Chocolate. This chocolate is only a hair below vasolate and significantly better than the other 3, even XF which always delivers. For comparison, it actually reminds me of a hybrid of XF Triple Chocolate + Vasolate Chocolate...it tastes a lot like sweet chocolate milk, but it retains this richer, triple-chocolate-esque flavor that sets it apart. This flavor is a definite keeper and one I will be buying for months to come.

9.75/10

Overall: Both flavors are definitely top-tier as far as taste + protein sources are concerned. Depending on your price range, I highly recommend giving them a shot. I've been pretty tough on USP Labs in the past, but recent releases such as this protein, Test Powder, and their 95% forskolin have really garnered my interest. I'm hoping they continue this trend, and moreover, I hope they release some new flavors under this protein line :D

9.5/10

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
The Coop seal of approval just sealed the deal for me. My wallet better be ready when this drops at Nutra

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Great reviews as usual, coop. I'm picking up a tub of the vanilla soon.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Wish they would stock these protein powders in Australia!

Awards
  • Established
Agreed coop! Chocolate is superb!

USPlabs killed it.............. Once again!

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Great review. Im officially excited for my tub to show up.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree totally about the MPI. I still can't figure out how they got it to not turn into pudding even when mixed in milk.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great review bro. I like the way you broke it all down.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
No problem guys, it was a pleasure to try out. Both are great, but given that I'm partial to chocolate, that's the one I'll be buying in the future

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome job with the review Coop. Much appreciated!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great review and thanks bud

bigadam73

bigadam73

Awards
Well written review. I too loved the chocolate. Looking forward to picking up some more as soon as the price comes down a little

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

So after finally getting to try both flavors in a variety of ways (shake, cereal, oats, ice cream), I think I finally have a good enough handle on the protein to give it a full review.

OxyElite Protein

Who would have thought the "profile" would be a relevant criterion in the protein powder category. Well, with the recent padding of numbers due to rising costs of whey, this may actually be the most important category these days. And to be honest, the first protein source to show up on the ingredient list is pretty much the best in existence: milk protein isolate. I wish more companies would make MPI-based proteins, but alas, it ultimately drives up the cost of the product. In addition to the MPI, there is also WPC and Micellar Casein, both of which are fine protein sources. USP labs claims to use WPC 80, and the macros of the protein powder seem to support this. I'm impartial to the fiber and lipid complex, but one addition that I really like is lactase. It's clever, and you don't see it very often. Whether there's enough to ameliorate GI issues in lactose-intolerant individuals is yet to be determined.

Lastly, no added amino acids.

I really can't imagine a better profile as far as a strict protein powder is concerned. I guess some people may not want the lipid complex, but it's fine in my eyes.

9.75/10

Texture and Mixability

For those who care, the texture is predictably thick as evidenced by MPI being first on the ingredient list, but it's not that thick. For comparison, it's a little thinner than trutein and the powder is very fine. As a result of the small particles, it mixes very well for an MPI-based product. I had a previous experience with a pure MPI product, and the mixability was so bad that the product was essentially unusable. So props to USP for "micronizing" the powder to this end.

9.5/10

Taste:

Vanilla

The vanilla was awesome for a vanilla flavor. I've had some great vanillas in the past, with my top ones being XF UP French Vanilla, Trutein Vanilla, ProNom Vanilla, and Phase 8 vanilla. This one is right up there with all of those, and if I had to rank it, it would be my second favorite behind XF UP French Vanilla. Now, as far as taste comparisons go, it's a creamier and thicker version of the Phase 8 vanilla with a slight hint of french vanillaness. It actually reminded me a lot of an ice cream, which after further thought turned out to be:

It's really, really good. I'm not gonna lie, I'm skeptical of every vanilla flavor and I was definitely skeptical of this one, but it delivered. Since I'm not a terribly huge vanilla guy to begin with, this gets a

9/10

Chocolate

Unlike my initial doubt towards the vanilla flavor, I'd been assured from multiple protein connoisseurs that the chocolate flavor was OnPoint. And they couldn't have been more right. My favorite chocolate flavors of all time are XF UP Triple Chocolate, ProNom Chocolate, iForce Chocolate Truffle, and the untouchable Vasolate Chocolate. This chocolate is only a hair below vasolate and significantly better than the other 3, even XF which always delivers. For comparison, it actually reminds me of a hybrid of XF Triple Chocolate + Vasolate Chocolate...it tastes a lot like sweet chocolate milk, but it retains this richer, triple-chocolate-esque flavor that sets it apart. This flavor is a definite keeper and one I will be buying for months to come.

9.75/10

Overall: Both flavors are definitely top-tier as far as taste + protein sources are concerned. Depending on your price range, I highly recommend giving them a shot. I've been pretty tough on USP Labs in the past, but recent releases such as this protein, Test Powder, and their 95% forskolin have really garnered my interest. I'm hoping they continue this trend, and moreover, I hope they release some new flavors under this protein line :D

9.5/10
We simply cannot thank you enough for the time you spent on this review. Your opinion is highly valued, and we appreciate your support!

We're proud of this formula, and really enjoy reading these honest reviews!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice review, Cy. Love the detail.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agree totally about the MPI. I still can't figure out how they got it to not turn into pudding even when mixed in milk.
because of the great ratio of Casien and Whey, exactly what the body wants to spark protein synthesis and become anti catabolic.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Awesome review Coop. Thank you!