Need some direction on a natural testosterone booster

kmint54

Awards
I am 58, 6'2" and 39% body fat. Yes I said 39%. My testosterone level is under 300 and I have no libido. I had heart surgery in 2008. No heart attack. They caught it early and did bypass. I also have type 2 diabetes. I worked out and was in good health for many years but all of a sudden I turned and looked back and I had blown up and let myself go.

I have been back in the gym for some time and the weight is coming off. I have drastically changed my eating habits and am eating good quality foods. I eat 3 meals a day and drink two protein shakes. My meals are 50% protein, 30% carbs and 20% fats.

Even though I'm starting off easy and building up I'm experiencing a lot of minor injuries in my elbows, knees, ankles and right delt. My form is good. I still remember how to wok out when I love it and worked out in some way daily. I am past my whole body cycle and in a 2 day split cycle with 2 exercises per body part. This all may be too much detail.

Bottom line is I know it takes time to get back to where I was. Please don't tell me we can never can be like we were! I need that dream even if it's not reality. LOL!!! I know when our testosterone is higher we heal faster and better and muscle burns fat. I also remember sex burns fat too. I was looking at testosterone replacement therapy but there are too many drawbacks for me. I am looking for a very good testosterone booster stack. While I know there are a lot of factory reps on here I really want to hear from those that have used one with good results.

Thanks in advance for all your advice and direction.

AnabolicJuich

AnabolicJuich

Banned
Awards
you should look into EndoSurge Turbo stacked with D-Aspartic Acid . also i would recomended add omega 3 and creatine . also take a look into superfoods like greens formula to make your body feel better .

kmint54

Awards
Thanks. I am taking Udo's 3-6-9 oil, Concrete creatine, & a greens superfood capsules. In addition I havekust started some green smoothies on a daily basis with my VitaMix blender. One a day right now with Dymatize Nutrition ISO-100 whey protein.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
MAN Nolvaldren XT stacked with a great DAA product. A quality DAA product that is used by a lot on the Forum is D-pol by Purus Labs and you can get it powder or pill form.

Some people stack
MAN Nolvadren XT
MAN PR-XT
Purus D-pol
^^^^^^^^^^^killer stack

AnabolicJuich

AnabolicJuich

Banned
Awards
another great DAA product will be Test powder , it also have ingridents that help to burns fat as well, i'm about to start it next week

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Were you tested by a doctor to see f your test was that low? They didn't talk about TRT?

kmint54

Awards
Thanks guys. AntM1564 yes I was tested by a doctor & if i remember right it was 289. I go to VA & they will not even discuss such things as TRT. I talked to another doc who would only give me a rollon cream that was only about 1.5%. He & the VA doc as well as some on this forum told me it would raise my cholesterol & glucose levels too much. That's why I'm looking to help my body do it on its own.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I am 58, 6'2" and 39% body fat. Yes I said 39%. My testosterone level is under 300 and I have no libido. I had heart surgery in 2008. No heart attack. They caught it early and did bypass. I also have type 2 diabetes. I worked out and was in good health for many years but all of a sudden I turned and looked back and I had blown up and let myself go.

I have been back in the gym for some time and the weight is coming off. I have drastically changed my eating habits and am eating good quality foods. I eat 3 meals a day and drink two protein shakes. My meals are 50% protein, 30% carbs and 20% fats.

Even though I'm starting off easy and building up I'm experiencing a lot of minor injuries in my elbows, knees, ankles and right delt. My form is good. I still remember how to wok out when I love it and worked out in some way daily. I am past my whole body cycle and in a 2 day split cycle with 2 exercises per body part. This all may be too much detail.

Bottom line is I know it takes time to get back to where I was. Please don't tell me we can never can be like we were! I need that dream even if it's not reality. LOL!!! I know when our testosterone is higher we heal faster and better and muscle burns fat. I also remember sex burns fat too. I was looking at testosterone replacement therapy but there are too many drawbacks for me. I am looking for a very good testosterone booster stack. While I know there are a lot of factory reps on here I really want to hear from those that have used one with good results.

Glad to hear the weights coming back down; if you haven't started already, I suggest using myfitnesspal. com to help track your food intake so you can continue in the direction you are headed. If you like, you can ask some questions in the Nutrition/ weight loss forum and Training forum should you need any help with designing a template that will work for you. Lots of good guys in their with a lot of knowledge you will be able to help you out.

If joints are giving you a hassle, try using some Cissus XT, it'l help unbelievably in that regard and before long, you'll forgot you even had joint issues. The less pain and discomfort you have, the more likey you are to continue working out :D

As far as test boosters go, bulk DAA powder will serve you well in this regard, or for added goodies try Dpol. It has added nitrates which help lower blood pressure and things.
Other things like Tribulus 750 help to increase Libido and make an excellent addition to any stack.

I do suggest heading into the other parts of the forum and getting people ther to make sure the program you are on is the best one possible.

If you have any questions about nutrition or anything, feel free to PM me and i'll be glad to help.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

No detail is ever too much, so please feel free to post even more if you want. You might even benefit from posting a detailed log to get more input and help.

As for increasing your testosterone, I would start with a DAA product like Test Powder from USPLabs or even bulk DAA. Stacking that with Erase will help even more and there are plenty of reviews and logs on that stack here on AM.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If joints are giving you a hassle, try using some Cissus XT, it'l help unbelievably in that regard and before long, you'll forgot you even had joint issues. The less pain and discomfort you have, the more likey you are to continue working out :D
Second on the Cissus products for your joints. They've been a life saver for me.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on things brother. We have a combo pack of Revolution PCT and Pure Test that would probably be to your liking. As well as boosting testosterone and suppressing estrogen it offers extra benefits such as prostate support and liver care also. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions regarding it out anything else you might want some extra insight into.

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
Formasurge/Endosurge Turbo should be all you need.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Draw backs such as? From everything you said you are dealing with TRT may very well be the difference maker for you. What you have to realize is your border line andro deficient (low T). None of these Testosterone Boosters are going to do much in regards to getting you to a sufficient level to where you notice a difference.

What you're presenting with can and is commonly (more so now) diagnosed as a medical condition. You don't treat medical conditions with supplements.

A few questions:

How much sleep are you getting a night?

Alcohol intake?

Diet? Dietary fat amount?

Stress?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know I'll get flamed for this, but I think sometimes, people on this board look at supplements too quickly. Once you come off your 4 or 8 week run OP, you test levels will start to go back to where they were. Maybe, they will be a little higher, but probably not where they should be. Instead of trying to suggest supplements for you, we should be asking you other questions. How do you feel? If you are sick, then your test will decrease, depending on how sick you are. You may not be visible sick or feel sick, but you could have something that is compromising your health in some way. Are you stressed? Stress plays a big role in test levels. How is your sleep? Are you getting enough sleep for your body?

As far as supps go, I would recommend Tropinol XP, Intimidate SRT, Bioforge, and Core Test. But remember, this will just be a short term fix.

WDIT - Wow, wizard above me lol

bigbb123

Awards
At your age trt done properly or peptides. They will set the clock back 20 years.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
you should look into EndoSurge Turbo stacked with D-Aspartic Acid . also i would recomended add omega 3 and creatine . also take a look into superfoods like greens formula to make your body feel better .
Agreed. Cheap and super effective combination.

Myodyne

Myodyne

Sponsor
Awards
By the looks of your age and stats and previous medical history that you briefed us on, I think the man to talk to about your test levels would be your DR. If not, at least take a bottle of whichever product you choose and show it to your DR and any other supplements you use as well. Gotta play it safe. Wish you the best with your health and goals!

kmint54

Awards
Again I want to say thanks to everyone who has answered me on this post. There has been a lot of good suggestions and it's nice to see others who genuinely care. To answer some of the other questions presented. I do feel pretty good on a daily basis all things considered. It's a choice I make daily to make it a good day regardless of my problems. I know God put me here for that reason and I try to lift others up every day. I don't sleep very well and haven't in years. 3-4 hours max on a good night! I can fall asleep in 30 seconds. Just lean me against the wall. I don't stay asleep and I go to the bathroom 4-5 times a night. Yes they have checked my prostate and it is good. It's due to my diabetes. I have, as the doctors put it, one of the worst cases of sleep apnea they have ever seen. They put me on a machine at night but it doesn't work right & I have given up hope of getting the Drs. to do anything else to make it work. Again I go to the VA doctors and when a say sub-par care that is an understatement. It's a shame at the kind of care they give vets. Most of the guys & girls who come in there need help way more than me & it makes me angry to know how they are treated. Right now I am seeing an outside doctor on my diabetes and that is costing me a fortune each month. If I tell the VA I'm seeing him they will not treat my diabetes any more. Sorry for the sidebar. My stress level is very high because I am rebuilding my contracting business here in Dallas. When I had heart surgery instead of being in the hospital a week to 10 days I was in there for 7 months and it was 18 months before I could get out of the house and go back to doing anything. I went from $5-$6M a year in business to $0 overnight when I went in for a stress test and a few hours later I was in surgery. Financially I nearly lost everything so yes there is tremendous stress and I am a stress eater. I'm working on that! I drink maybe one drink a week when my son and I get together and smoke a cigar. Those are good times and great memories! I know my stress is a killer! All of my health issues tie together with my weight. If I could lose down to about 210 (310 now down from 326) and get back up to running 3-4 miles a day I would reverse every physical issue I have. The odds of me being taken off ALL medication is astronomical. In addition my sleep would also get much better. Right now I can die instantly from any one of my illnesses, diabetes, heart disease and sleep apnea. I have talked to two doctors about TRT. The VA doesn't do that regardless of how many studies show the benefits. The second doctor said until I got my diabetes under control he wouldn't put me on anything like that because my cholesterol and blood sugar numbers would go way up which may cause stroke. My son is 29 and I hope to have grandkids someday soon. As much of a joy as he has been to raise, I can't wait to see my grandkids and watch them grow up. It is my daily prayer to be around to play with my grandkids and it's not going to happen if I don't make drastic changes now. I've raised my son by myself since he was 9 and I would like to see my grandkids graduate school. BTW I am doing the Jim Stoppani - 6 Weeks to Shred workout right now off BodyBuilding.com.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Again I want to say thanks to everyone who has answered me on this post. There has been a lot of good suggestions and it's nice to see others who genuinely care. To answer some of the other questions presented. I do feel pretty good on a daily basis all things considered. It's a choice I make daily to make it a good day regardless of my problems. I know God put me here for that reason and I try to lift others up every day. I don't sleep very well and haven't in years. 3-4 hours max on a good night! I can fall asleep in 30 seconds. Just lean me against the wall. I don't stay asleep and I go to the bathroom 4-5 times a night. Yes they have checked my prostate and it is good. It's due to my diabetes. I have, as the doctors put it, one of the worst cases of sleep apnea they have ever seen. They put me on a machine at night but it doesn't work right & I have given up hope of getting the Drs. to do anything else to make it work. Again I go to the VA doctors and when a say sub-par care that is an understatement. It's a shame at the kind of care they give vets. Most of the guys & girls who come in there need help way more than me & it makes me angry to know how they are treated. Right now I am seeing an outside doctor on my diabetes and that is costing me a fortune each month. If I tell the VA I'm seeing him they will not treat my diabetes any more. Sorry for the sidebar. My stress level is very high because I am rebuilding my contracting business here in Dallas. When I had heart surgery instead of being in the hospital a week to 10 days I was in there for 7 months and it was 18 months before I could get out of the house and go back to doing anything. I went from $5-$6M a year in business to $0 overnight when I went in for a stress test and a few hours later I was in surgery. Financially I nearly lost everything so yes there is tremendous stress and I am a stress eater. I'm working on that! I drink maybe one drink a week when my son and I get together and smoke a cigar. Those are good times and great memories! I know my stress is a killer! All of my health issues tie together with my weight. If I could lose down to about 210 (310 now down from 326) and get back up to running 3-4 miles a day I would reverse every physical issue I have. The odds of me being taken off ALL medication is astronomical. In addition my sleep would also get much better. Right now I can die instantly from any one of my illnesses, diabetes, heart disease and sleep apnea. I have talked to two doctors about TRT. The VA doesn't do that regardless of how many studies show the benefits. The second doctor said until I got my diabetes under control he wouldn't put me on anything like that because my cholesterol and blood sugar numbers would go way up which may cause stroke. My son is 29 and I hope to have grandkids someday soon. As much of a joy as he has been to raise, I can't wait to see my grandkids and watch them grow up. It is my daily prayer to be around to play with my grandkids and it's not going to happen if I don't make drastic changes now. I've raised my son by myself since he was 9 and I would like to see my grandkids graduate school. BTW I am doing the Jim Stoppani - 6 Weeks to Shred workout right now off BodyBuilding.com.
First things first, thank you for your service. I'm in the military as well and I'm sorry to hear that you're receiving sub par treatment.

You have a lot of conditions that are correlated to testosterone deficiency and that also contribute to the deficiency. Sleep apnea, diabetes, and high body fat levels all contribute to the lowering of T. Diet is also a big factor in regards to T levels. Men that get 7-8 hours of sleep a night have significantly higher levels than seen in men who get 5 or less. Obviously with your constant rising at night, that will prove difficult to do. Have you tried something as simple as liquid cut offs? I know it seems so small that it's dumb to mention but you would be surprised ;). One of the worst cases sounds pretty bad so it may just be an unavoidable obstacle unfortunately.

There is an immense amount of data showing the positives of TRT on sleep apnea and diabetes. Having normal testosterone levels reduces risk of cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, Alzheimer's, it actually has been shown to have a positive effect in men with diabetes and sleep apneic men. You seem positive, stay that way don't get discouraged or give up. If need be do some more research, send a few emails to some progressive Doctors and see if they have any affiliates in your area. One more opinion won't hurt but it might very well help with everything your experiencing.

After finding out more about your current medical history I do not recommend taking any OTC supplements without the consent of your Dr and it sounds like the VA isn't going to give you the time to respond back about supplements except for a more than likely "NO!"

murk01

murk01

Awards
any AI and test booster:

DAA or Div or anystack + erase or formasurge

two month cycle. pick up fats a little. best eat afew whole eggs at least once a day.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If TRT is an unlikely route, then place the focus on lowering body fat levels and do your upmost best to keep stress levels at bay. That will be hard given you are trying to rebuild your business but ultimately your health is the most important thing and as you stated, you have grandchildren you want to meet. The first place to start is developing a good solid nutrition plan that works for you that places you at a deficit as food intake has the biggest influence on weight loss and gain and then undertake regular physical exercise. Consistancy is key.

I suggest keeping a log of both fitness and food so you can track and watch your progress as you transform yourself and even better, start it on here so people can keep you accountable and motivated at your progress. The log can be as detailed or as basic as you like as long as it can be used to gauge effectiveness and progress.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys. AntM1564 yes I was tested by a doctor & if i remember right it was 289. I go to VA & they will not even discuss such things as TRT. I talked to another doc who would only give me a rollon cream that was only about 1.5%. He & the VA doc as well as some on this forum told me it would raise my cholesterol & glucose levels too much. That's why I'm looking to help my body do it on its own.
after 4 years on test cyp injections my doc put me on androgel. i've been using it for a little over a year now with no changes in cho or glucose. i know everyone reacts differently, but if it were me i would at least be willing to try it.....the benefits of trt for those of us with low test far outweigh what may only be possible side effects...as cautiously as they monitor you when starting trt any side effects have a very good chance of being caught before any real permanent damage could be done, in my humble opinion!!!!

btw-i had the chance to try 1 bottle of lilly's andiron, and if given the choice i much prefer it over androgel...but it is what it is.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If TRT is an unlikely route, then place the focus on lowering body fat levels and do your upmost best to keep stress levels at bay. That will be hard given you are trying to rebuild your business but ultimately your health is the most important thing and as you stated, you have grandchildren you want to meet. The first place to start is developing a good solid nutrition plan that works for you that places you at a deficit as food intake has the biggest influence on weight loss and gain and then undertake regular physical exercise. Consistancy is key.

I suggest keeping a log of both fitness and food so you can track and watch your progress as you transform yourself and even better, start it on here so people can keep you accountable and motivated at your progress. The log can be as detailed or as basic as you like as long as it can be used to gauge effectiveness and progress.
Best advice yet, in this thread

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If trt is not something you want to get into, if it's natural supplements your looking for to boost test, I believe you would be very happy with Titanium for that boost in libido and performance in the gym. The DAA mentioned stacked with Titanium would make a great natural test boosting stack.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If trt is not something you want to get into, if it's natural supplements your looking for to boost test, I believe you would be very happy with Titanium for that boost in libido and performance in the gym. The DAA mentioned stacked with Titanium would make a great natural test boosting stack.
We currently have logs of Titanium going on in the Supplement Review section. Within the first week each of our loggers were experiencing great bounds in their libido and by week 2 they noticed strength increasing, decreased time between sets (less rest), and quicker recovery between gym sessions. More than just a test booster!

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We currently have logs of Titanium going on in the Supplement Review section. Within the first week each of our loggers were experiencing great bounds in their libido and by week 2 they noticed strength increasing, decreased time between sets (less rest), and quicker recovery between gym sessions. More than just a test booster!
Good reference point for sure.

kmint54: First off I want to say bravo to you for taking such drastic measures in improving your health, most in your situation do not. I taught diabetes classes for a while at a VA hospital and it was sad to see the level of morale for newly diagnosed diabetes patients. Most had just given up which was unfortunate. Don't ever stop trying to improve because now if you do things get bad, but that should give you the motivation you need and I see that it has. Now back to the boosting testosterone, you probably know there are a thousands of cascades that take place to increase or decrease a particular hormone and there are targets at each of those points. You targeted one of those points which is high blood pressure, often which leads to erectile dysfunction and poor performance. Another target could definitely be the ingredients in the new Titanium. I would definitely give it a shot, it isn't expensive it has given drastic results to others. You can also look around for some 1,4-divanil as well, also not expensive, and see if that helps. Be careful taking in too much protein though until you know your renal function also.

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards

This is solid advice I would have to agree with this and also add that you should start using My Fitness Pal to track your calories. When you start your workout log post it here so people can comment on it and give you feedback also. This would be your best option.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I am not sure how advanced your DM2 is but nutrition is the best way to get that under control. Combined with metformin in earlier stages you can really minimize macro/microvascular complications later on in life so that you can enjoy the little ones :). What was recommended above is a good idea to start tracking your progress.

kmint54

Awards
Thanks again guys! I have downloaded MyFitPal and am now trying to get used to it. I will say it is an amazing awareness tool. It has already alerted me to some things I thought were okay but were not. Don't have time now but will post some of this info soon. Haven't purchased any of the supps yet. Just working out & trying to eat clean. Thank you all.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks again guys! I have downloaded MyFitPal and am now trying to get used to it. I will say it is an amazing awareness tool. It has already alerted me to some things I thought were okay but were not. Don't have time now but will post some of this info soon. Haven't purchased any of the supps yet. Just working out & trying to eat clean. Thank you all.
Good for you bro, on not buying supplements and getting your diet in check first. Another god website is Fitday. I know a lot of people swear by MFP, but I do not like how things are measured. I go with grams or ounces. They also use the USDA units for measuring food so if MFP does not have the food, that is another plus. You can also add your own food and meals. ONLY downside is there is only an app for the iPhone, but if you hae an Android, you can still access everything via the internet.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you decide to start up a log sometime down the road link us up, I'll be sure to follow.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you decide to start up a log sometime down the road link us up, I'll be sure to follow.
Agreed, I will as well, I love the success story for sure and if you ever have any medication questions feel free to ask me privately.