18yo Bodybuilding *HELP*

iMedic

iMedic

Awards
Hey guys, before I ask my questions, I would like to ask you guys to please give unbiased opinions. Please no "you shouldn't have", "you're an idiot" etc. I genuinely need advice!

So about a year ago I was introduced into bodybuilding. I got my diet, training, and supplementation in check. I've taken BCAAs, creatine, protein, multivitamins, pre workouts, test boosters, all in different varieties. I've experimented with pro hormones. And in the last year have gained a total of 40lbs and cut 12% bf. I've ran a total of 3 cycles of PH, and have cycled them, on cycle assist, and PCT them correctly. But I am concerned about my health in general, I do believe I am healthy, but I'm concerned about my heart, liver, and hormonal balances. I never got a baseline vitals before my stacks, supps, etc. but right now I have a resting heart rate of 100, normal o2 and normal respiratory rate. Is there ANY advice I can get, besides "stay off the PHS"? Anything will be great. Thanks.

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
Go get blood work done, have them check your test levels, your liver lipids, hell, just tell them you want full spectrum blood work. If you're seriously concerned and had the money for 3 all out cycles, you should have the money for a full spectrum test.

On another note, my resting heart rate is 48-55, and when I had my sleep study done (I have insomnia bad) it dropped to 28 while I was asleep. They weren't quite sure why. What I'm trying to say is: go to the doctor.

Good gains and cut though, if that's 100% accurate.

iMedic

iMedic

Awards
Thanks, I feel okay, and healthy. But I don't want to miss something. Do you know how much full spectrum tests run? Or a general idea?

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
Thanks, I feel okay, and healthy. But I don't want to miss something. Do you know how much full spectrum tests run? Or a general idea?
Depends on where you go, where you live, individual doctors and hospitals, etc. I had to pay $350 to get one done before I started my all my sleep study stuff. Btw, sleep studies suck. If you can ever avoid one, do it. They're expensive too.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Look up the cheap bloodwork thread on here. It's like $100-150 for a full panel through labcorp.

iMedic

iMedic

Awards
Ill look into that, thanks guys! If any body has extra tips I'm open ears.

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
Nothing you've taken to me is likely to do you any harm for the exception of the pro hormones so just drop them out.

Are you taking many stims or caffeine that might be raising your heart rate?

And when was the last time you done any cardio? Lol

iMedic

iMedic

Awards
Yesterday. And yeah I am in my pre workout, but it's at 100 before I take it.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Take resting heart rate first thing in the a.m. and lying down. If it still comes at ~100bpm then come off the stims and see a doctor.

iMedic

iMedic

Awards
What are the risks of high heart rate at such a young age? My blood pressure is 110/58

iMedic

iMedic

Awards
Thanks man I appreciate it! I just went into the doctor for a wrist injury and we talked about it. But it's always nice to get people who lift, and see this kinda stuff on a regular basis as where doctors don't!

iMedic

iMedic

Awards
My doc said it would be a good idea to cut down the stims and caffein and see if it had any affect. She wants to make sure they're isnt an underlying cause like my thyroid or anything