Are All BCAA's Made Equal?

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
Before I go an spend any money on some BCAA's, I just have one simple question: are all BCAA's made the same?

Now, theoretically speaking, say there's 5 brands. Each brand uses a 10g (one scoop) serving, each brand has the 3 "major" BCAA's in it, and they're all the same flavor, give or take minor differences in exact taste. All are offered in 1000g (1kg) tubs. The only difference is price, in store availability, tax, and (for the online products) shipping + wait time.

Product one: $35 in store
Product two: $45 in store
Product three: $25 online + $8 shipping /3 day wait
Product 4: $35 online + $12 shipping/2 day wait
Product 4: Buy one get one half off, $25 each online + $10 shipping 3 day wait.

Which would you choose and why?

Abstract, I know. But it's a quick and easy answer, just with more behind it than it takes.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
why do you feel that you need BCAA's

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
why do you feel that you need BCAA's
I'm more than likely not going to buy them (my protein already has 5g a scoop). I just wanted to know everyone's thoughts. That's all, lol. I like doing opinion polls.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know that alot of people will take them if they work out fasted in the morning. I've been a fan of taking then that way for awhile.

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
I know that alot of people will take them if they work out fasted in the morning. I've been a fan of taking then that way for awhile.
I've done that before when I was cutting, it helped me take the edge off being completely starving during my workout, and kept some of my strength up.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i dont really use them any more, i really havent felt any changes without them....

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
i dont really use them any more, i really havent felt any changes without them....
I think they're just a way of saying "expensive tasty Gatorade powder." Because in some ways they are similar...

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I think they're just a way of saying "expensive tasty Gatorade powder." Because in some ways they are similar...
no, not really...they have their purpose but keep protein high enough and they wont have a huge purpose

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
no, not really...they have their purpose but keep protein high enough and they wont have a huge purpose
Oh yeah, I stay at about 175-225g a day of protein. All but 48g of it comes from solid, whole foods. I have to be sparing with my protein powder, haha

cjwav34

Awards
You cannot simply purchase on price point alone. Many of the cheaper amino acid products are sourced from duck feathers or human hair.

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
You cannot simply purchase on price point alone. Many of the cheaper amino acid products are sourced from duck feathers or human hair.
Interesting...kind of something I would've been fine without knowing, but interesting none the less. I didn't realize that could even legally be done, with human hair anyway.

Although, with them made from human hair, would that make them more "natural" I guess?

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
thats why i shave my head and save the clippings
I got a pretty good kick out of that. I haven't had a hair cut in 14+ weeks. No joke. Guess I should cut it, grind it with my mortar and pestle, and but it in some water...lol

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
ahh the ol duck feather debacle lol.. :D

yes - differences abound..ratios ie amounts of the bcaa (and esp leucine content as the hot codeword today seems to be)..
additives..food coloring..10g is not always 10g
more there than meets the eye

opinions will always vary on bcaa use, re. efficacious results; part of the reason here is, how they are being used..
expectations of what a bcaa will do for you..
dietary manipulations, etc

we have our version as well, BCAA+ SAA, fortified with silk aminos..
(which will present a host of .02 as well lol)

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) BCAA+SAA (315 Grams): Discount BCAA+SAA Supplements

good luck on your decision :)

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
ahh the ol duck feather debacle lol.. :)

yes - differences abound..ratios ie amounts of the bcaa (and esp leucine content as the hot codeword today seems to be)..
additives..food coloring..10g is not always 10g
more there than meets the eye

opinions will always vary on bcaa use, re. efficacious results; part of the reason here is, how they are being used..
expectations of what a bcaa will do for you..
dietary manipulations, etc

we have our version as well, BCAA+ SAA, fortified with silk aminos..
(which will present a host of .02 as well lol)

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/redefine-nutrition/bcaa-saa-315-grams.html

good luck on your decision :)
I just want to have some BCAA's for during training, the few times I've had samples they seem to limit DOMS pretty well. I may look into y'all's Snag! I'm about to order some stuff here either tonight or tomorrow.....not sure when, lol

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I just want to have some BCAA's for during training, the few times I've had samples they seem to limit DOMS pretty well. I may look into y'all's Snag! I'm about to order some stuff here either tonight or tomorrow.....not sure when, lol
if you are open to logging it, i'll shoot you a tub to try out
all we ask for is your honest opinion and feedback
since the warehouse is in GA as well, I imagine you'd get it pretty darn quick :D

DipStrong

DipStrong

Awards
since the warehouse is in GA as well, I imagine you'd get it pretty darn quick :D
Oh yeah man! I would love to do a log for you! Idk if you've seen my personal bulk log, but I try to keep it updated daily and ask tons of questions! I would be honored to do a log for you.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
generous as always

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Oh yeah man! I would love to do a log for you! Idk if you've seen my personal bulk log, but I try to keep it updated daily and ask tons of questions! I would be honored to do a log for you.
send me your info

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
done

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established