Animal stak for a 17 year onld lineman in high school?

sabrefan173

Awards
I am a offensive lineman in high school and am 17 I am 6'4 270 pounds and I bench 310 and squat 460. My question is I am 17 and my Friend nick who's on my team took animal stak and he got his bench up 35 pounds during his 3 week cycle on animal stak. Would it benefit me because I am trying to play D-1 football and Im trying to get my strength up. I have a very good diet and I am a very hard trainer. Thank you for your comments

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't mess with this. Ur huge so keep eating, liffting and sleeping. Ur body is a hormonal powerhouse right now so adding anything on top of it is not needed. Eat. Train. Sleep. Eat. Eat. Seep. Train. Repeat. If ur concernd about strength look into a 5x5 program for summer. I enjoyed MadCow a lot.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Animal Stak won't do a damn thing for you.

1) No one here will advocate the use of a testosterone booster to someone your age
2) It won't do anything but give you a decent boner.

Your friend gained the 35lbs in 3 weeks from either hard work, technique, or food. Not Animal Stak. You can fix your technique and gain 35lbs right off the bat.

I'm not tryin to bull**** you. Stick with creatine and some protein powder at your age (not to mention a **** ton of food)

Edit: What Montego said. His response was short, quick, and accurate.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stuff like creatinol-I-phosphate, Citrulline Malate, beta alanine, LCLT, could be good for ya if you're itchin for a supplement.

Honestly tho...take advantage of being young and plowing food with no care in the world. I know that's not what you want to hear

sabrefan173

Awards
Thank you for your input but my friend went from 280 max bench to 315 in only 21 days seems almost extremely difficult even with hard work and good form to do that... He told me it raises up your free testosterone as opposed to your natural testosterone which in his words can increase your test levels regardless of your age. He said it works similar to how a steroid would work except its completely natural and safe....

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your test is already high. You're 17. That's why it why work.

It raises what test is in your body. It won't raise it above any natural level like a steroid would. Steroids are extra hormones. Test boosters raise what ya already got. If its already high, it won't do what you think it will

sabrefan173

Awards
Ok fair enough what do you suggest for increased strength gains I am taking protein, creatine and animal pak for my multi along with a good diet and training 6 days a week hard and I want strength gains as fast as possible because football season starts in 2 months and I want to be as strong as possible...

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Alot of truth here, Ive been there already man, younger athletes tend to shy away from creatine because of many misinterpretations, but that and Protein will do your body wonders. Also ensure that your weightroom and cardio efforts reflect the goals you want to achieve.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Creatine. That's all u need. You will see great results from that a good diet and training program.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If ANYTHING a good creatine would be it. Crea-Trona is the best creatine on the market right now. It adjust ph levels to provide maximum uptake along with keeping the combound as creatine longer before turning into creatinine and waste.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If anything, get a better multi. Orange Triad will serve you a lot better and has a much better profile than Animal.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You know what they'll do at a D1 school to make you bigger? FEED YOU.

Get a jump on it and start eating. Eat EVERYTHING. You're very small by OL standards, and if you intend to play there after HS you're going to want to be 40 pounds heavier. Eat like a 310 pounder, train as hard as humanly possible.

That's all you'll need to do.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You know what they'll do at a D1 school to make you bigger? FEED YOU.

Get a jump on it and start eating. Eat EVERYTHING. You're very small by OL standards, and if you intend to play there after HS you're going to want to be 40 pounds heavier. Eat like a 310 pounder, train as hard as humanly possible.

That's all you'll need to do.
Listen to the man!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
They will feed you, I was required to drink ensure between meals and yes coach watched me down them so Nutrition will be taken care of just work on getting faster. Size comes from eating and practicing with it. Last thing you want is to be the last guy off the ball. Honestly weight doesn't matter and being 310 shouldn't be a goal as long as you can dig in and drive. Your not a Dtackle so keep in mind you need to keep as much agility as you can. Look big but awe the spectators with speed.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They will feed you, I was required to drink ensure between meals and yes coach watched me down them so Nutrition will be taken care of just work on getting faster. Size comes from eating and practicing with it. Last thing you want is to be the last guy off the ball. Honestly weight doesn't matter and being 310 shouldn't be a goal as long as you can dig in and drive. Your not a Dtackle so keep in mind you need to keep as much agility as you can. Look big but awe the spectators with speed.
Wut? At 6'4" in D1 he's going to need to be much heavier than 270. Dig in and drive won't help if he's a guard trying to push around a 320# DT.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Double team and angles is definitly the game now, If hes really going D1 his 1st year will be a redshirt year and he will be made off the frame he walks in the door with. No need to be fatter than needed. This year alone several oline draft picks were over 6'3 and under 300lbs. Lean mass is all thats needed. Eating all of walmart will get your feeling hurt quick during camp.

sabrefan173

Awards
I play guard right now I want to get bigger but I don't want to dirty bulk to such a high weight like 300+ where I can't move my feet...

sabrefan173

Awards
And I'm getting interested by a decent amount of d1 schools... No offers yet but that will change after my senior year... I went from 250 last year to currently I'm at 270-275 so I put on like 25 pounds this off season...

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
And I'm getting interested by a decent amount of d1 schools... No offers yet but that will change after my senior year... I went from 250 last year to currently I'm at 270-275 so I put on like 25 pounds this off season...
What year are you now? Ranked for your state or nationally? Been on any visits yet?

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Double team and angles is definitly the game now, If hes really going D1 his 1st year will be a redshirt year and he will be made off the frame he walks in the door with. No need to be fatter than needed. This year alone several oline draft picks were over 6'3 and under 300lbs. Lean mass is all thats needed. Eating all of walmart will get your feeling hurt quick during camp.
Where did anyone say get fatter? You're not the only person with experience playing football in this thread, boss. I understand the needs of an athlete from this position specifically, and for the sport overall.

Tell me how many picks you see in this photo under 300.

Keep telling everyone how being a big ass OL isn't important, because you're the only one who feels that way.

I play guard right now I want to get bigger but I don't want to dirty bulk to such a high weight like 300+ where I can't move my feet...
You don't even know what a dirty bulk is at 17. It doesn't exist. Additionally, this quote ^^^

And this quote indicate that adding 25 pounds isn't out of the realm of possibility. So why do you think the jump from 275 to 300 will be significantly different than 250-275?

Since it appears there's either some miscommunication or just pure lack of knowledge in here re: gaining 20-25#...

If you want to get bigger, you've got to eat more, period.

At 17, if you're conditioning (because you DO condition in the summer) and you're training 6 days a week, do you have ANY IDEA at your size what you'll have to eat to get fat? Seriously.

You'll do what you want, because that's what kids do. I'm just trying to let you know that if you're working as hard as you claim to be, you're going to need to EAT to get huge & bulldoze mf'ers.

Good luck.

sabrefan173

Awards
Alright Ill try eating more see if I can get my weight up more... And btw that list is of rookie nfl guards... I'm a junior obviously they are going to be 300+ lbs because they put on solid weight in college and get stronger and faster... A better list would be the top guards in the 2014 class... Like this one I may be at the lower end of it but there's some guys who are around 260-270 in the espnu150 there's even a guy that's 240 pounds who's one of the top guards in the country... Yes it would be better to gain some weight like the 300+ pounders... But I'm not small by any means...

Attachments

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Where did anyone say get fatter? You're not the only person with experience playing football in this thread, boss. I understand the needs of an athlete from this position specifically, and for the sport overall.

Tell me how many picks you see in this photo under 300.

Keep telling everyone how being a big ass OL isn't important, because you're the only one who feels that way.

You don't even know what a dirty bulk is at 17. It doesn't exist. Additionally, this quote ^^^

And this quote indicate that adding 25 pounds isn't out of the realm of possibility. So why do you think the jump from 275 to 300 will be significantly different than 250-275?

Since it appears there's either some miscommunication or just pure lack of knowledge in here re: gaining 20-25#...

If you want to get bigger, you've got to eat more, period.

At 17, if you're conditioning (because you DO condition in the summer) and you're training 6 days a week, do you have ANY IDEA at your size what you'll have to eat to get fat? Seriously.

You'll do what you want, because that's what kids do. I'm just trying to let you know that if you're working as hard as you claim to be, you're going to need to EAT to get huge & bulldoze mf'ers.

Good luck.
I definitly will, at 17 size cannot be your biggest focus. You become the lineman for w.e your school needs depending on where you choose to go. Some schools ground and pound, some pull their guards every play, hell if your quick you will be moved to TE and if you become over 300lbs you may get moved to center. Its all up to where coach needs you and if your willing to make those moves to see the field. Now anyone whos ever played knows that roster is very inaccurate and prolly off by 10-20lbs just so the boys are always bigger on paper than real life. ive never seen a coach that doesnt. Advice comes in many forms and sry that you feel your toes stepped on but from a guy whos been there, trained them, and seen how D1 and NFL recruiters judge and review athleticism I can only offer what helps. Hope it all works out for ya man and goodluck