Nitrates and mouthwash

  1. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Answers
    0

    Nitrates and mouthwash


    the Anti-septic nature of mouthwash apparently diminishes the conversion of nitrates to nitrites..
    The increase in plasma nitrite after a dietary ... [Nitric Oxide. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

    With encapsulated nitrates, this shouldn't be an issue correct? Any benefits of taking it w/ baking soda?

  2. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Answers
    0


    My guess is that it wouldn't affect it as the gelatin capsules protect the nitrates inside from the mouthwash..
  3. Registered User
    thedarce's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    736
    Answers
    0


    caps should be fine, didnt read the study, but one of the lines talked about nitrates from inorganic source, ie vegetables. that being said, as long as your not brushing your teeth right before you take in some nitrates you should be okay.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/iForce-Nutrition/107510095952360
    iTrain...iCompete...iDarce!
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,613
    Answers
    0


    I always empty my nitrate caps in 8 oz of Scope and drink it down. Great pre!
  5. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I always empty my nitrate caps in 8 oz of Scope and drink it down. Great pre!
    that would do exactly what you don't want..guess its e-sarcasm
  6. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,613
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    that would do exactly what you don't want..guess its e-sarcasm

    My failed attempt at a joke.
  7. Registered User
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,807
    Answers
    2


    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    My failed attempt at a joke.
    I laughed bud
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  8. Registered User
    TheFugitive's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    237
    Answers
    0


    Do people really use mouth wash daily or just after eating box
  9. Registered User
    Quadzilla99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  271 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    350
    Answers
    0


    There was a thread about this on bb.com neuron and pinchthebear said that even if you take pills the nitrites circulate through uour system and end up back in your mouth and that's partially where they are converted to nitrates..best to avoid brushing for a couple of hours before and 1-2 hours after taking them. Just chew some gum at the gym if you're worried about your breath. Fluoride toothpaste kills the bacteria so just brushing with a Plain toothbrush and no toothpaste is another option since that would remove a lot of the gunk off your teeth but leave enough oral bacteria for nitrate conversion
  10. Registered User
    Quadzilla99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  271 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    350
    Answers
    0


    I ordered some of dat dere Thermogum cuz of this and am gonna chew the shot out if it at the gym..amped for when it gets here
  11. Registered User
    PuZo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,440
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Do people really use mouth wash daily or just after eating box
    a box of what?
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  12. Registered User
    Board Sponsor
    MuscleGauge1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,568
    Answers
    0


    I heard this and I would recommend drinking it with 8 oz of liquid to really get the full effect from it. I think it could really be a good thing if used correctly.
  13. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Answers
    0


    ****. I just brushed my teeth and forgot to take my nitrates... noooo.. lol
  14. Registered User
    Quadzilla99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  271 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    350
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    I heard this and I would recommend drinking it with 8 oz of liquid to really get the full effect from it. I think it could really be a good thing if used correctly.
    What in Gods name are you talking about?
  15. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I always empty my nitrate caps in 8 oz of Scope and drink it down. Great pre!
    Lmao jeez dude that had me gagging on my water at work!!
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  16. Banned
    burpees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    343
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla99 View Post
    There was a thread about this on bb.com neuron and pinchthebear said that even if you take pills the nitrites circulate through uour system and end up back in your mouth and that's partially where they are converted to nitrates..best to avoid brushing for a couple of hours before and 1-2 hours after taking them. Just chew some gum at the gym if you're worried about your breath. Fluoride toothpaste kills the bacteria so just brushing with a Plain toothbrush and no toothpaste is another option since that would remove a lot of the gunk off your teeth but leave enough oral bacteria for nitrate conversion
    Lmaoo at avoiding brushing your teeth to get to the effects of your Pre workout drink hell naw
  17. Registered User
    Quadzilla99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  271 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    350
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by burpees View Post
    Lmaoo at avoiding brushing your teeth to get to the effects of your Pre workout drink hell naw
    I still brush 2x a day just not around when I workout
  18. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,613
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by burpees View Post
    Lmaoo at avoiding brushing your teeth to get to the effects of your Pre workout drink hell naw
    Who needs teeth, when we've got protein powder?!.
  19. Banned
    burpees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    343
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla99 View Post

    I still brush 2x a day just not around when I workout
    Post a pic of your teeth I bet there brown prove me otherwise
  20. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by burpees View Post
    Post a pic of your teeth I bet there brown prove me otherwise
    I bet you that post is derailing this thread... What's your wager...
  21. Registered User
    Quadzilla99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  271 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    350
    Answers
    0


    Christ sakes..
  22. Registered User
    mcc23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    531
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla99 View Post
    Christ sakes..
    haha hey man, wasn't me..
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Creatine Nitrate And GPLC
    By nobel252 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 07:38 PM
  2. Creatine Nitrate And GPLC
    By nobel252 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 04:39 PM
  3. My APS Creatine Nitrate and Mesomorph log (Sponsored)
    By 3clipseGT in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 11:42 PM
  4. APS creatine nitrate and nitrozine
    By djbombsquad in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 11:10 PM
  5. Volcom's Creatine Nitrate and Mesomorph Log
    By VolcomX311 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 300
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 12:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in