Protein.... - AnabolicMinds.com

Protein....

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    MusclesFrogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    46

    Reputation

    Protein....


    Guys, there have been a LOT of vague answers here based simply on what you do as opposed to the factual science of it. Got it, meat has more nutrients, oils, etc. But my question is, can anyone link me to any "scientific data" that shows eating meat increases muscle growth more/faster than the equivalent amount of protein taken via WPI. I don't want to hear any anecdotal data about what you do and how it helps, Im just curious if there's a link to a scientific study that compares the two - that is all that matters.

  2. Senior Member
    mikeg313's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,310
    Rep Power
    460193

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Now would this be a study that involves trolls or actual men that actually lift?

    Oooh ooh ooh me like meat! me like protein! Me lift big weight to make muscle!
  3. Senior Member
    machorox123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,488
    Rep Power
    141405

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I cant believe this retard doesn't get that you can't do a study on this shiz..And why the fug wud anyone wanna live off protein shakes?! Here's one variable that no study will be able to pinpoint. No two people metabolize food the exact same way.
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    musclefool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    675
    Rep Power
    68464

    Reputation Reputation

    I haven't had a protein shake in about 6 months and I have been doin better without it. Meats all day
  5. Senior Member
    mikeg313's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,310
    Rep Power
    460193

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by musclefool View Post
    I haven't had a protein shake in about 6 months and I have been doin better without it. Meats all day
    Nice, I'd love to be able to do that instead of shakes , do you eat larger portions of meat with breakfast, lunch and dinner or do you eat say 6 meals a day with meat every one. Just seems you'd have to do ALOT of eating to get even 1g per lb of BW and on top of that seems pricey not to mention time consuming.
  6. Senior Member
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,061
    Rep Power
    45136

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MusclesFrogs View Post
    Guys, there have been a LOT of vague answers here based simply on what you do as opposed to the factual science of it. Got it, meat has more nutrients, oils, etc. But my question is, can anyone link me to any "scientific data" that shows eating meat increases muscle growth more/faster than the equivalent amount of protein taken via WPI. I don't want to hear any anecdotal data about what you do and how it helps, Im just curious if there's a link to a scientific study that compares the two - that is all that matters.
    Use common sense here, when you eat something, think about each step of digestion. Your body is designed for solid real food.
  7. Senior Member
    mikeg313's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,310
    Rep Power
    460193

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post

    Use common sense here, when you eat something, think about each step of digestion. Your body is designed for solid real food.
    I don't think this guy has much of that otherwise he wouldn't be pressing such a dumb ass topic so persistently.
  8. Advanced Member
    musclefool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    675
    Rep Power
    68464

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post

    Nice, I'd love to be able to do that instead of shakes , do you eat larger portions of meat with breakfast, lunch and dinner or do you eat say 6 meals a day with meat every one. Just seems you'd have to do ALOT of eating to get even 1g per lb of BW and on top of that seems pricey not to mention time consuming.
    That's your opinion.
    And I have mine
  9. Senior Member
    machorox123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,488
    Rep Power
    141405

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post

    Nice, I'd love to be able to do that instead of shakes , do you eat larger portions of meat with breakfast, lunch and dinner or do you eat say 6 meals a day with meat every one. Just seems you'd have to do ALOT of eating to get even 1g per lb of BW and on top of that seems pricey not to mention time consuming.
    Dude chicken breast is 1.99 per lb.. 1lb of chickens got about 100g of protein. I eat at least 8oz for at least 3 meals. Not difficult or expensive and only takes about 45 min to cook up my food for the day
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,003
    Rep Power
    3802016

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    Nice, I'd love to be able to do that instead of shakes , do you eat larger portions of meat with breakfast, lunch and dinner or do you eat say 6 meals a day with meat every one. Just seems you'd have to do ALOT of eating to get even 1g per lb of BW and on top of that seems pricey not to mention time consuming.
    Hitting protein goals with all whole foods isn't really that hard. Chicken breast man. Even a grilled cheese sandwich with two slices of cheese elicits roughly 20g of protein. Have two 40g. Drink 16 oz of milk 16 more. 6 eggs for breakfast 36g. Two cans of tuna 44g without bread... that's roughly 130g without meat. Add in some grilled chicken, steak, lean ground beef, Turkey, salmon and you'll be surprised.

    Rough estimations but the point remains the same
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  11. Senior Member
    mikeg313's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,310
    Rep Power
    460193

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by musclefool View Post

    That's your opinion.
    And I have mine
    I think you misinterpreted my post. I was inquiring about your diet and asking questions not making an opinion.
  12. Senior Member
    mikeg313's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,310
    Rep Power
    460193

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by machorox123 View Post

    Dude chicken breast is 1.99 per lb.. 1lb of chickens got about 100g of protein. I eat at least 8oz for at least 3 meals. Not difficult or expensive and only takes about 45 min to cook up my food for the day
    I just can't get that much chicken down anymore. I've cooked it every which way under the sun and can't do it in that quantity.
  13. Senior Member
    mikeg313's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,310
    Rep Power
    460193

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post

    Hitting protein goals with all whole foods isn't really that hard. Chicken breast man. Even a grilled cheese sandwich with two slices of cheese elicits roughly 20g of protein. Have two 40g. Drink 16 oz of milk 16 more. 6 eggs for breakfast 36g. Two cans of tuna 44g without bread... that's roughly 130g without meat. Add in some grilled chicken, steak, lean ground beef, Turkey, salmon and you'll be surprised.

    Rough estimations but the point remains the same
    Yeah , you're right, I was thinking of the meats I eat and was thinking damn that would be hard to get all that in. I also didn't consider dairy since I've cut that out completely from my diet. I'm so burnt on chicken and tuna I barely touch either anymore. So mainly my whole food protein intake consists of eggs, steak and ground turkey with snacks like almonds , natty PB ,etc throughout the day. On average I get probably 120-140 grams a day from food and the rest from shakes 2-3 times a day to account per lb of BW. Once I start bulking again ill have to get over my taste buds and dairy bloating issues.
  14. Advanced Member
    musclefool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    675
    Rep Power
    68464

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post

    I think you misinterpreted my post. I was inquiring about your diet and asking questions not making an opinion.
    Oh well you should do some research and you will find the knowledge you need
  15. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    But but but I like my protein shakes all 12 of them daily :[
  16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,003
    Rep Power
    3802016

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    But but but I like my protein shakes all 12 of them daily :[
    Eat MOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!! !!!!
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  17. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post

    Eat MOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!! !!!!
    NO. (insert meme hat cat picture here)
  18. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,486
    Rep Power
    362517

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MusclesFrogs View Post
    my question is, can anyone link me to any "scientific data" that shows eating meat increases muscle growth more/faster than the equivalent amount of protein taken via WPI.
    and this is what happens when we get all sciency

    the body is not a textbook
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,003
    Rep Power
    3802016

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    and this is what happens when we get all sciency

    the body is not a textbook
    Well, you do have the right to be an attorney if you want to.

    Gotta use all tools available to us: science, anecdotal feedback, experience, etc... If you're one sided biased (which I know you're not) you miss out on A LOT of possibilities, period.
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  20. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,486
    Rep Power
    362517

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Gotta use all tools available to us: science, anecdotal feedback, experience, etc... If you're one sided biased (which I know you're not) you miss out on A LOT of possibilities, period.
    words to live by
    you paraphrase me well, youngblood
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  21. Senior Member
    Aleksandar37's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,702
    Rep Power
    830348

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    and this is what happens when we get all sciency

    the body is not a textbook
    Ummmm....WHAT?!?!
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  22. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,486
    Rep Power
    362517

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    LOL
    I knew that would bring somebody out
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  23. Senior Member
    Aleksandar37's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,702
    Rep Power
    830348

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MusclesFrogs View Post
    Guys, there have been a LOT of vague answers here based simply on what you do as opposed to the factual science of it. Got it, meat has more nutrients, oils, etc. But my question is, can anyone link me to any "scientific data" that shows eating meat increases muscle growth more/faster than the equivalent amount of protein taken via WPI. I don't want to hear any anecdotal data about what you do and how it helps, Im just curious if there's a link to a scientific study that compares the two - that is all that matters.
    Those two can't really be compared fairly and you sort of stated that. A piece of meat that is equivalent in protein content to a protein shake has many additional factors (fat, calories, etc.).
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  24. Senior Member
    mikeg313's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,310
    Rep Power
    460193

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by musclefool View Post

    Oh well you should do some research and you will find the knowledge you need
    How bout you not be a douche and lighten up?'
  25. Advanced Member
    musclefool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    675
    Rep Power
    68464

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post

    How bout you not be a douche and lighten up?'
    How am I being a douche sir?
  26. Senior Member
    mikeg313's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,310
    Rep Power
    460193

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by musclefool View Post

    How am I being a douche sir?
    My comment was in the form of a question to you and you replied with a condescending remark. Whatever move on.
  27. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,448
    Rep Power
    2612252

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    another whole food-protein shake debate......sigh
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  28. Senior Member
    machorox123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,488
    Rep Power
    141405

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Looks like we finally shut the troll up
  29. New Member
    gravitygames's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    133427

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Just eat it! eat the **** out of what ever get it down find a dam appetite. you will grow. you are what ya eat!!
  30. New Member
    MusclesFrogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    46

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by machorox123 View Post
    I cant believe this retard doesn't get that you can't do a study on this shiz..And why the fug wud anyone wanna live off protein shakes?! Here's one variable that no study will be able to pinpoint. No two people metabolize food the exact same way.
    By your grammar, you're far too intelligent for me to compete with.
  31. New Member
    MusclesFrogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    46

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    MuscleFrogs... I will try to be honest wiff you, there are NNOOOOOOOOOOOOO Studies ASSSS noone would take on such a thing... You NEED WHOLE FOODS FROGER......... There is No Way WPI is going 2 fit dat bill..
    Hi Touey, you're basing that on nothing. Quite literally, by definition, you are basing that on nothing.
  32. New Member
    MusclesFrogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    46

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Use common sense here, when you eat something, think about each step of digestion. Your body is designed for solid real food.
    I know it is, but protein powder is real food. It's whey. And it is delivering protein.
  33. New Member
    MusclesFrogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    46

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    and this is what happens when we get all sciency

    the body is not a textbook
    Love it when people use the word "sciency" - you're right, there's nothing "sciency" about the human body, and there's definitely no textbooks about the human body. Such valid points you've made. Hope next time you go to the doctor, you tell him not to be sciency when examining your body
  34. New Member
    MusclesFrogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    46

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Those two can't really be compared fairly and you sort of stated that. A piece of meat that is equivalent in protein content to a protein shake has many additional factors (fat, calories, etc.).
    Hi Aleks, I know, would like to see if those additional factors, fat, calories, etc. actually have a significant difference in muscle growth.
  35. Senior Member
    machorox123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,488
    Rep Power
    141405

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MusclesFrogs View Post

    By your grammar, you're far too intelligent for me to compete with.
    What's wrong with my grammar? Lmao i misspelled the curses so they don't look like this *******
  36. New Member
    MusclesFrogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    46

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by musclefool View Post
    How am I being a douche sir?
    Don't be offended, you should know that Mike is an insecure defensive numnut who, with the most sincere form of idiocy, lamely attacks anyone who shows him that he's in actuality, an idiot.
  37. Senior Member
    machorox123's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,488
    Rep Power
    141405

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Dude you are seriously retarted. This earth would be better off without you wasting valuable air
  38. Senior Member
    Touey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,823
    Rep Power
    3109072

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MusclesFrogs View Post
    Hi Touey, you're basing that on nothing. Quite literally, by definition, you are basing that on nothing.
    I know, actually maybe some will have a base for studying the comparison & who knows it shall turn up with wpi having for the better than wholefoods, but when I have too much whey for my personally I feel less from the benefit vs wholefoods...
  39. New Member
    MusclesFrogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    46

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by machorox123 View Post
    Dude you are seriously retarted. This earth would be better off without you wasting valuable air
    Whoooa, I don't know how to recover from your witticisms. They're far too clever for me
  40. New Member
    MusclesFrogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    46

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    I know, actually maybe some will have a base for studying the comparison & who knows it shall turn up with wpi having for the better than wholefoods, but when I have too much whey for my personally I feel less from the benefit vs wholefoods...
    That's at least fair and rational - unlike some members on this thread.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What flavor of protein shake is your favorite?
    By Chemo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 02:11 PM
  2. In Depth Protein Breakdown
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 09:53 PM
  3. Protein Squares by request
    By wardog in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-27-2003, 01:27 PM
  4. Protein supplement
    By xcreed in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-25-2002, 09:27 PM
  5. protein source
    By sage in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-01-2002, 06:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in